GT4 WRS Week 51 Results

• Thread starter Tedehur
  • 80 comments

How would you rate this race ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:) No problem, and yeah... I know we've done AH enough, I just like! That's all! :) Still haven't won on it though... Depends on the car!

Thanks for the link to the Wiki too... 👍

Edit: Just looked at the Wiki, that's awesome! And the links to the "Guides"!? Sweet! I'm one of the replays for that week! :)

Smallhorses
One could look here

On the last couple of pages, Flat-out, Niels & G.T discuss how to do this, but be warned, it's a tedious affair.
Why thank you! I took the easier route and just clicked on the check on one of my own posts and it told me how many rep. points I had received for that post(if any) and how many total I have.

So where do I put this? I bet someone knows how to make this into something that the figures can just be changed online... Or I can just update it each week? Anywho, I think it's all accurate. And no, I don't mind that we haven't run some courses in reverse, or at all... :sly:

Flat-out
As SHigSpeed answered, you get a podium when you are in the top 3 in your division. Just like in real life. And it does matter a tiny little bit, it's a step forward towards victory :)

Oh, cool. So that means I have a podium for this week... I think that's my first, also...

Oi, just got home and i'm well supprised :dopey: after those late splits from celeron i was gutted, luckly 3rd sector held up :crazy:

Has been my best week so far :) thx for great combo cyril, top notch:tup:

Will post replay as soon as the maxdrive gets here.

Hope this week will be just as close :mischievous:

KLR142
So where do I put this? I bet someone knows how to make this into something that the figures can just be changed online... Or I can just update it each week? Anywho, I think it's all accurate. And no, I don't mind that we haven't run some courses in reverse, or at all... :sly:

Ohh! that's what you meant.
I have a spreadsheet with all information from all 52 weeks and I can cut/paste such a summary if you wish. I'm on the wrong PC now, I'll post an example as soon as I have put my own laptop in the network.

Laurence5905
Oh, cool. So that means I have a podium for this week... I think that's my first, also...

Well, technically it's your second, since last week there were only 2 Div3 submissions, so you both got on the podium and the 3rd step was vacant.

Here's what a full podium should look like:-

Attachments

• winner.jpg
    winner.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 25
Smallhorses
Well, technically it's your second, since last week there were only 2 Div3 submissions, so you both got on the podium and the 3rd step was vacant.

Yeah, thinking back on it I suppose you're right...

Edit: But there was no Gold, Silver, or Bronze that week in Div. 3. So this is my first podium with real competition! :)

Flat-out
Ohh! that's what you meant.
I have a spreadsheet with all information from all 52 weeks and I can cut/paste such a summary if you wish. I'm on the wrong PC now, I'll post an example as soon as I have put my own laptop in the network.
Yeah. :) If you have it already then, I guess there's no reason for me to make one. Definitely makes sense that you have one though... :dunce: Lol.

Been watching some NTSC replays, and green flags go to:-

KLR142 👍
AngelCreator 👍
Laurence5905 👍
jake73 👍
celeron_266 👍
SHigSpeed 👍 but there's barely a cigarette paper's width between you and the wall outside the gentle right before the uphill left before T2 :scared: Had to watch this very closely! Couldn't see contact at any point though! :eek:

Also watched a clean fast lap of Trial Mountain Reverse in a Mitsubishi Lancer Super Evolution Rally Car '03, which by process of elimination belongs to icemanshooter23! Time to take a look at you replay files again, mate! ;)

Smallhorses

Laurence5905 👍

Thanks for checking my replay!

I just checked yours and you definitely get the green flag!
gflag.gif

The only thing that even came close was the bridge just before T1 -- and if you stop and zoom in on it, using the correct camera angle, you can see that there's about 3 or 4 inches between the car and the left "wall" on that bridge. Couldn't find anything else that I felt I needed to stop and take a look at -- so I definitely pronounce your lap clean, for what it's worth.
:)

EDIT: I was just looking at the Div. 2 times again, and realized how CLOSE all three of the Gold times are!!! Exactly 0.056 seconds separates first from third!! That's truly AMAZING! Great job Clemi, Celeron and Smallhorses!! 👍

Smallhorses
celeron_266 👍

thanks smallhorses...i am interested to look at clemi's replay (i guess you would be interested in too right?)...he seems to be faster than me by a MASSIVE 0.113s in the third section...

unfortunately he uses a PAL machine.......

Laurence5905
EDIT: I was just looking at the Div. 2 times again, and realized how CLOSE all three of the Gold times are!!! Exactly 0.056 seconds separates first from third!! That's truly AMAZING! Great job Clemi, Celeron and Smallhorses!! 👍

thanks laurence

celeron_266
thanks smallhorses...i am interested to look at clemi's replay (i guess you would be interested in too right?)...he seems to be faster than me by a MASSIVE 0.113s in the third section...

To be honest I myself made almost 3/10ths on you in the last sector.
Your last posted splits were in the 1'00.0xx region, whereas mine were 1'00.307, and yet there's only 3/100ths between us at the line. :boggled:

Laurence5905
Thanks for checking my replay!

I just checked yours and you definitely get the green flag!
gflag.gif

No problem, and thanks for checking mine out too! :)
Hope it helped you out a little in plotting a faster course round El Capitan Reverse. ;)
Interestingly of all the replays I watched, both you and AngelCreator in Div3 were the only ones to smoke the tyres in the blind, downhill righthander after the first right/left combo, which lead to T1 times >30s.
Enjoy your podium Champagne! :cheers:

Smallhorses
To be honest I myself made almost 3/10ths on you in the last sector.
Your last posted splits were in the 1'00.0xx region, whereas mine were 1'00.307, and yet there's only 3/100ths between us at the line. :boggled:

yea i guess its the two quick left after T2...i just dont feel my line is right..and i brake a bit too hard at the second one

Sorry about the late reply, but good job to everyone, espescially Laurence5905. You almost caught me there! And good job to Angel as well.

Noone expect a podium for me next week, though!

replay

the difference in the 2 versions was probably worth a second at the line i reckon, but still congrats for iceman in taking out the win:tup:

Attachments

• 25.156.max.max
    23.8 KB · Views: 17
maybe half a second dan...

first off, big congrats to ben, you overtake me in setor 3:crazy:

was a great race, combos like that are always a joy... i liked the result, it was second of 34, only 0´1 form ben, but i had tons of fun.

here´s the replay:

Attachments

• FASJ WRS WEEK 51.max
    17.1 KB · Views: 14
Smallhorses

SHigSpeed 👍 but there's barely a cigarette paper's width between you and the wall outside the gentle right before the uphill left before T2 :scared: Had to watch this very closely! Couldn't see contact at any point though! :eek:

Also watched a clean fast lap of Trial Mountain Reverse in a Mitsubishi Lancer Super Evolution Rally Car '03, which by process of elimination belongs to icemanshooter23! Time to take a look at you replay files again, mate! ;)

Yup, that was close... I checked the replay and the analyzer and no unusual downward spikes in speed. Sure was dramatic though, no? :^)

Thanks for checking. Makes it worth it as usual.

-SHig

Clemi_uk
Oi, just got home and i'm well supprised :dopey: after those late splits from celeron i was gutted, luckly 3rd sector held up :crazy:

Has been my best week so far :) thx for great combo cyril, top notch:tup:

Will post replay as soon as the maxdrive gets here.

Hope this week will be just as close :mischievous:

hehe..nice work clemi..you and smallhorses are doing very well....unfortunately i am off this week though...i will be out of town for this weekend so i wont have time to work on this week's race....i will see you and smallhorses in week 53!

Filizola
Sorry about the late reply, but good job to everyone, espescially Laurence5905. You almost caught me there!

Thanks!

Are you going to be able to post a replay? I'm definitely interested in seeing your lap.

Smallhorses
Interestingly of all the replays I watched, both you and AngelCreator in Div3 were the only ones to smoke the tyres in the blind, downhill righthander after the first right/left combo, which lead to T1 times >30s.

A bit too heavy on the throttle, I guess... That mistake probably cost me the win in Div. 3, eh?

Laurence5905
A bit too heavy on the throttle, I guess... That mistake probably cost me the win in Div. 3, eh?

hmm...i dont think the throttle position a big deal on that corner...i tried to enter that corner at full throttle with no prior braking and there is no wheelspin...but of course that will cause the entry speed of the next corner to be too high (and the line will be less optimal as well)...have to brake deeper resulting in a slower overall T1 time...or simply hit something

icemanshooter23
Whoops, I must have messed up my A.R.C. lap with the WRS one.

This should be the WRS one https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2207551&postcount=67

Well, Iceman -- I just checked your replay, and I've got to say it was AMAZING! And totally clean, also. :)

You definitely get a
gflag.gif
for this one! I really don't think that it's at all possible to go any faster -- I didn't see anything that could possibly be improved... Fantastic!

Filizola
Sorry, don't have a MaxDrive...:(

Oh man... That means you'll be DQ'ed... :yuck: :( I'd hate to see that happen... Do you know anyone near you with a MaxDrive that can upload your replay? Or do you have a spare memory card that you can put your replay on and mail to someone with a MaxDrive?

So, I watched Ben & Francisco's replays, they're clean and exceptionally fast!

Green flags for:-
icemanshooter23 👍 Great finish! :bowdown:
FASJ6418 👍 You must have balls-the-size-of-watermelons to enter that uphill left before T2 at 126mph in 5th gear, Francisco! :eek:

Just watched the PAL replays that have been uploaded:
  • NeilsG - 1'27.491
    gflag.gif
  • zdenko - 1'27.294
    gflag.gif
  • holl01 - 1'25.156
    gflag.gif
Lots of different methods to various sections, I think I may have lost most of my time on top of that damn mountain :)

Laurence5905
Oh man... That means you'll be DQ'ed... :yuck: :( I'd hate to see that happen... Do you know anyone near you with a MaxDrive that can upload your replay? Or do you have a spare memory card that you can put your replay on and mail to someone with a MaxDrive?

Unless someone else is in the Denver Metro area, I guess I get the proverbial screw on this one. You could say this sucks...yeah, it sucks.

Back