100000 Club

• Thread starter route_66
  • 725 comments
>94% completion, 7900 points @ 523 A-spec races => Avg 15.1 Aspec points.
Or a container-load of Bspec racing.

Personally I'd rather drive than spectate a game, but that's only my opinion....

AMG.

Go to endurance races and earn alot of A-Spec Points. I have alot, but not as much. I'll have to try to beat that! :sly:

You can only get 3,200 A-Spec points from the Endurance Races. That's less than a 40th of the total available for over well over 110-hours of driving.

Not great advice.

i just don't have the time to sit there through the 24-hour endurance races...i have a job & i'm going to school to get ASE Certified. I don't like to race for more that 4-hours at one time unless i absulately love the car...even then i'm not going to spend a ridiculous amount of time sitting there playing a racing simulator...i'd rather do an Auto-X race with my slightly tuned 2003 Ford Focus. OK...i'm decent at GT4 not a pro, but i know i have to be somewhat good to get almost 95% of the game complete. I'm currently in that 15 race F-1 championship...it seems really easy...but for somereason i've seemed to have lost interest in the game. i don't know what my deal is:nervous: i don't feel like finishing the champion ship, but i don't want to mess up my win ratio & i really don't want to have to re-do the championship at a later time. should i quit & give up(i've gotten bored with it)...or should i finish what i started?:scared: if i should finish it, what are some suggestions you have so i can complete it without getting burnt-out(b/c i do go to college full time & have a job too)?:odd:

@ TunerFocus, I know how you feel. Trying to get 200 A-spec in the roadster endurace was wearing me down, so eventually I just got bored of the game and spent a couple of months playing GTA:San Andreas for a change. Thats what I'd suggest you do - swap GT4 out of the PS2 for something else for a few weeks, then when you get back you can continue the Formula GT with renewed vigour.

Since returning from GTA a few weeks ago I have gained at least another 10,000 A-spec points. Current standing just above 85,000 with 50+ points on the board for all races except the ice rallies. Not looking forward to wearing out the oil in other cars for the one make races after all that trouble with the mazda, so for now my aim is 100,000 rather than maximum.

Not looking forward to wearing out the oil in other cars for the one make races

Surely you know "all" you have to do is let Bob drive for approx 24 hours at triple speed. You dont have to be around for that :)

AMG.

@ TunerFocus, I know how you feel. Trying to get 200 A-spec in the roadster endurace was wearing me down, so eventually I just got bored of the game and spent a couple of months playing GTA:San Andreas for a change. Thats what I'd suggest you do - swap GT4 out of the PS2 for something else for a few weeks, then when you get back you can continue the Formula GT with renewed vigour.

Since returning from GTA a few weeks ago I have gained at least another 10,000 A-spec points. Current standing just above 85,000 with 50+ points on the board for all races except the ice rallies. Not looking forward to wearing out the oil in other cars for the one make races after all that trouble with the mazda, so for now my aim is 100,000 rather than maximum.

hey...thanx:tup: i'll brush up on my DDR skills:D & take out some frustrasions on the city of San Fiero or Los Santos or pretty much just terrorize every city on the game.:mischievous:

Surely you know "all" you have to do is let Bob drive for approx 24 hours at triple speed. You dont have to be around for that :)

Surely I'd need to pass by regularly to return Bob to 3x speed?

Besides that I'd have two other reasons not to do that.
First, I already feel guilty with Bob having driven only 12k miles more than me.
Secondly, to stand any chance of winning some of the harder races, I would need all the practise I could get in that car. For instance, the Hyundai Sports Festival is giving me so much trouble on N2/N3's for 125 points that there's no way I could do it on N1's for 175 points without lots of practise.

Surely I'd need to pass by regularly to return Bob to 3x speed?
You wear out cars by entering free run at the test course so there are no pit stops.

Besides that I'd have two other reasons not to do that. First, I already feel guilty with Bob having driven only 12k miles more than me.
My b-spec driver has driven almost 400,000 km mostly wearing out cars (some of them refused to wear put completely and I had to have three goes at the 2CV because I am an idiot - the 🤬 copen and the 2CV have about 250,000 of those km between them).

Secondly, to stand any chance of winning some of the harder races, I would need all the practise I could get in that car. For instance, the Hyundai Sports Festival is giving me so much trouble on N2/N3's for 125 points that there's no way I could do it on N1's for 175 points without lots of practise.
I think you need around 9000 km to wear out a car and no-one needs that much practise.

You will also find that some of these races are much easier once the car is worn out (not the Hyundais, I still can get max there). For me it was most noticable in the BMW 1 series races - before the car was worn out I had struggled to win, after wearing out I won all races on the first attempt (this may also have something to do with experience - there was a long time between attempts).

For the past few weeks I've been collecting A-spec points like crazy and today I finally reached a milestone: 100000 points :cool:
As the hardest races are already behind, I'm confident that I'll be able to reach the maximum, 111813. That said, it will take quite alot of time to reach the last 9600 points... I still need to complete 15 endurances and some other races :ouch:
I'll provide a screenshot later as I dont have access to a camera at the moment.

For the past few weeks I've been collecting A-spec points like crazy and today I finally reached a milestone: 100000 points :cool:
As the hardest races are already behind, I'm confident that I'll be able to reach the maximum, 111813. That said, it will take quite alot of time to reach the last 9600 points... I still need to complete 15 endurances and some other races :ouch:

Dang, that's impressive. Welcome to the 'club'. There are a couple of 1 make races that I'll never get for max and FGT is giving me a hard time.

Please do let us know car-settings & lineup you used for Super Speedway 150 mls when you've completed it.

Vash666
I'll provide a screenshot later as I dont have access to a camera at the moment.
I will link it to post 222. :)

AMG.

Sure, I'll head to Super Speedway next. I'm currently into 6th hour of 24h Sarthe II race so it is going to take some days to finish this one.

AMG, what are those missing 1 make races that you haven't completed yet?

AMG, what are those missing 1 make races that you haven't completed yet?

I will take a punt and guess that they definitely include:
- Hyundai Sports Festival
- Suzuki Concept

and possibly include:
- Crossfire Trophy
- Saleen S7 Club
- MG Festival
- GTI Cup
- Tourist Trophy.

Others I can't complete are:
- Copen Race (can't get this pos to wear out completely)
- Suzuki K Cup

Alpine Tokyo 185/200
- Hyundai Sports Festival 3/5 races at 156/176 :grumpy:
- Suzuki Concept 2/3 at 194/200 :grumpy:
- Crossfire Trophy COMPLETED :D
- Saleen S7 Club 2/5 at 174/200 :grumpy:
- MG Festival 2/5 at 160/180 :grumpy:
- GTI Cup COMPLETED :D
- Tourist Trophy. 3/3 at 190 :grumpy:
- Copen Race 2/3 at 150/166 (56hp) :grumpy:
- Suzuki K Cup COMPLETED :D

@ Moloch, you're close :)
The GTI cup was not too bad, I confess I had problems with it earlier, I decided to take a break from FGT and, I finished GTI 2-3 days ago. Took some very smooth driving and lineup pal #11. Polo, Lupo, 76, IV, V.
AutoTranny 4 for most races tranny 6 for midfield.(oh and a shortcut at Tsukuba)

Other than that its FGT 1855/3000, SS150mls 149/200.
2x 1000 miles races, currently running nurb for 183 and that looks promising. So when done I 'll redo for 200 with same lineup.

GrCanyon hard reverse 0/200 :grumpy:

MX5 tried 3 times failed 3 times for 149 points (without the shortcut)

AMG.

All of those are definitely hard races and many of them require dirty tactics to reach the maximum points. You also have to know the tracks well and good ramming, blocking and opponent riding skills are needed. For some races the right lineup makes all the difference too. Practise practise practise and all the races are possible, it sometimes takes a lot of patience but just keep trying. 👍

I went back and tried to get the Suzuki K Cup points a while ago and found that I just hate using NOS (I use a DFP and there is no button to use that does not completely interfere with the steering). I decided it was just not going to happen for me - not that keen. BUt good luck to the rest of you - we know it can be done on both PAL and NTSC versions - it just takes some serious skill and dedication - I am just a bit lacking in both.

I know that is not fair play but for this race you can use the DODGE RAM 1500 and win it fingers in the nose with 200 A-spec points!! :sly:

Ah young padawan, I do use the Ram but me old bones not too fast in reaction time so I always manage to get hit by the other guy and suffer 5 sec penalty. Game over.

AMG.

I can't remember how many times I got hit in the rear doing GC Rev Hard - it was a lot, but I found that I could use the RAMs size to block my opponent very effectively - even at the penalty pace. The only difficulty I had was getting into first place - once there I just would not let him pass.

I can't remember how many times I got hit in the rear doing GC Rev Hard - it was a lot, but I found that I could use the RAMs size to block my opponent very effectively - even at the penalty pace. The only difficulty I had was getting into first place - once there I just would not let him pass.

I'm the opposite, I can usually get by fairly quickly well before the long straight(with jumps). Usually near the tree that sticks out in the track or the 180 downhill tight righthander with the yellow banner. I smash in to him, pin him against the "wall" wait 5 penalty secs and move on. Then comes the hard part, from there on Im all over the place and find it hard to keep him behind me.

AMG.

Ah young padawan, I do use the Ram but me old bones not too fast in reaction time so I always manage to get hit by the other guy and suffer 5 sec penalty. Game over.

AMG.

I am not that young padawan... Anyway that's weird because I don't remember facing too much trouble to win this race with the Dodge RAM... Be patient and you'll get it !!! :)

A short update about my GT game statut: 99007 points

http://www.imageshotel.org/images/Julian13/statutgt404042007.jpg

See you very soon when I'll reach 100 000 points (probably tomorrow) :sly:

... I don't remember facing too much trouble to win this race with the Dodge RAM... Be patient and you'll get it !!! :) ...
And so we see that everyone has their own Nemesis in the game. Example it took me 24 hours to beat Mission 12 but only half an hour or so to beat M34.
Gr Canyon is one of those others that are seemingly impossible to beat :)

AMG.

You're completely right AMG. It was just very surprising to see you having trouble for this race while you already reached more than 109 000 A-spec points which is very impressive :)

In my case for instance I spend a lot of time to win races where I need N1 tyres for getting 200 points... As you said, "everyone has their own Nemesis in the game"...

See you soon

Latest Posts

Back