BATracer Livery Competition (Comp #17)

• Thread starter XGT Taipan
  • 506 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW FINAL ENTRY

Pplease disregard my other entry.

I would go delete it, but because my ISP is running so slow, it takes about 15minutes to load page 6 :indiff:

Doing mine now.

EDIT: FINAL ENTRY
Paintscheme inspired by a Bee/Wasp/Hornet, whichever. Not the gtp member :D

LMESPorscheAdidas.gif

Someone made a late entry to XGT's Pink car contest

11211150711.jpg

I'm struggling to be unique with this contest.. I may have to skip it, all 3 of my attempts have been awful

11211150711.jpg

I'm struggling to be unique with this contest.. I may have to skip it, all 3 of my attempts have been awful

Could I send you an Idea? I can't pixel art to save myself...

I'm not going to do this one. I can't work with the adidas logo :)

Only my 2nd livery. As you can see, It's pretty obvious.

porschetempyk34.gif

And as I'm not able to upload it at the moment, I'm afraid this is the closest I can get.

th_porschetempyk34.gif

11211150711.jpg

I think it's a little sad that you're still looking up pink cars and hello kitty. :scared:

Apologies for the delay guys, I've been at college, and there was some sort of database error coming up last night.
Anyway, to the winner, this was a hard one, very put up some damn good examples, however there was one that just jumped out, I think it was the old school addidas logo that did it so the winner is:

XGT Taipan

I think Bee has some competion now.
After his first couple of wins, he's now facing the heat.

I'm hoping he's going to teach me tonight!

So XGT Taipan, make it a good one.

congratz XGT, although Sting deserved to win in my humble opinion.
his looks way cooler

Sting will have his moment. Although he is a brillant livery designer, I believe that he is imagining how the car would look in game rather than what you see here in full scale.

I judge my entry by what it looks like in game, and I must say that many I time I've felt that Sting has a more than worthy entry.

However some of the colours he chooses are a little too fluresent for my liking.

Anyway, thank you for the win... at least I'm winning at something in this BATracer season. :lol: and I hope Sting can take my critisism constructively 👍

Next competition is...

SEAT Leon Supercopa

Main Sponsor: o2
Minor Sponsor: Red Bull OR Mother OR V (Energy Drinks)... OR any other SOFT DRINK based energy drink of your choice.
Special: The Minor sponsor you choose must encorporate it's main colours (eg. RED BULL - Blue & Silver) into the livery, while still working around o2 as the main sponsor.

WARNING: This image is in 256 colours. Please save as Full Colour image template before editing livery.
seatleonsupercopatemplaiv0.gif

JEF: Perhaps we could add the winning entry to your list of current liveries for this upcoming set? A bit of a bonus prize for winning?

BATracer forum members: I think it would be a good idea to start entering more unreleased carset's as livery competitions, as we could soon get more GTP members involved in BATracer, which can only be a good thing, right?

Dammit.. I read the minor sponsor and thought I could use any energy drink.. then i read it again

Sounds like something I can get my teeth into :)

Can I just ask, is realism with liveries out the window here? Cause no offence, if we're keeping them realistic I don't see how Taipan's Japanese Tuner sponsors can fit on a german sportscar.

and to clarify, o2 as in the mobile phone company?

Can I just ask, is realism with liveries out the window here? Cause no offence, if we're keeping them realistic I don't see how Taipan's Japanese Tuner sponsors can fit on a german sportscar.

To be honest with you, I was desperate on that livery, and would normally keep it realistic, also I never expected to win with that entry either.

I would like to keep them as realistic as possible, but then again, your livery is exactly that... YOUR LIVERY... you can do whatever you want to it, if you think it looks good and will win a competition.

and to clarify, o2 as in the mobile phone company?

Yes, I wasn't sure whether they were a service provider or a phone manufacturer, so I thought I bet not say anything incase I got it wrong. But I assumed that most of you would know what I was talking about. :sly:

Also Jef: Because this is an unreleased carset, is it possible for us to put the vehicle number or the drivers name on the window, as a touch of realism?

Something i noticed now when looking at Taipan's entry.
The layer with the car layout isn't the top layer.
Especially noticeable when looking at the pennzoil logo ;)

Not to break down your entry taipan, but you might still change that when you put it in the livery index thread

edit: will do my best to make a good livery this round. It sure is interesting

edit: also noticed tvrking's entry has the same issue. The adidas logo overlaps the door handle

Also Jef: Because this is an unreleased carset, is it possible for us to put the vehicle number or the drivers name on the window, as a touch of realism?

If you want the car to possibly make it into the set as a Non KT livery I would advise against names. Numbers, you can go ahead and put on just don't use any of the following since they have already been used for this Mk2 Seat: 24, 16, 18, 53, 48, 9, 66, 96, 5, 1701
We do have enough liveries for the set, but I'm sure it won't hurt for another.
Current team roster looks like this(Clickable Image):

Heh good challenge there Taipan, I (and maybe Laura) will be making an entry Saturday night. Hopefully.

Wait, we don’t have to save our entries as GIF files?

GIF files aren't only 256 colour. It's just that most templates that are normally available are in 24bit format, but in this case this template is in 256 GIF format.

I just thought I better post that message so that people (who aren't as experienced in graphic art) don't complain that the colours are coming out wrong.

As far as I know, and Jef (Sting) could probably give you more insight into this, BATracer doesn't work on 256 colours. I'm pretty sure it's in Full Colour.

Also, in reply to your question about what format to post in, I don't really mind. I use PNG because it's easier for me to use and upload. In the INDEX I've posted that you must save all files to your computer as a GIF file before uploading to BATracer, because I cannot guarantee that myself or anyone else will post in GIF format.

GIFs are only 256 colour. There are no 24-bit GIFs, only 8-bit. It supports all colours from the 24-bit colour pallet, but only 256 from that pallet are used when you save.

GIFs are only 256 colour. There are no 24-bit GIFs, only 8-bit. It supports all colours from the 24-bit colour pallet, but only 256 from that pallet are used when you save.

Well I'll be damned! :scared:

I guess some of my liveries would suck in 256 colour then. :ouch:

Edit: Nope, all good. I just went through them all and had a look. They're fine in 256 :)

Before anyone else picks it, I'm going to use AMP energy as my minor sponsor.
I can't prevent anyone for choosing it too, but I politely ask you all to not choose it.
Thanks in advance.

It will be a lot of work to get it right, but i'll do my best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back