Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
I'm not wanting to start mass confusion here, but PD told us there will be 4 tracks, with 8 layouts.

On screens Brands Hatch and Daytona Beach (Daytona Speedway) are written, so...

Eiger Nordwand
Suzuka GP
Suzuka East
Suzuka West
Daytona Oval
Daytona Road Course
Brands Hatch GP
Brands Hatch Short

4 tracks...with 8 layouts...
So no reverse? I know Eiger Nordwand has a reverse.

The tv button on the screens.
Is that just the replay theater or will you be able to search and download replays from other people?
or maybe even watch races in real time?
F1:CE has something somewhat like this and you can watch a whole AI race, but not any that are online.

What would be really cool is if they worked out some sort of agreement to show real life races online. I don't see that happening though.

And the whole Home thing has me assuming Home will definitely be out by October. Do we have a solid date on that?

- notice the cars have tempature guages. Will these be there for looks or will they play a factor in car reliability? Will over revving overheat your engine?

I have spotted members of "Best Motoring"(Pro racing drivers testing cars) team helping to increase realism of the game. Best motoring have held endurance battles to see how cars work in hot temperatures ,and which one offers the best performance in endurance events. If i remember right, "too hot" numbers for temperatures were: Water 110 degrees of celsius and Oil 140 degrees of celsius. So in game you might need to install additional oil cooler for endurance events.(note that this is pure speculation)

- I see that PD is going after the human element in GT5. This is great, but I would like individuality. Meaning, that I want to customize my driver's look, his skin color, helemet color and fire suit color. Also the AI should have driver names

- I don't think the locations seen in the menus have anything to do with locations you will see in GT5:P. No way they're going to have Daytona and LeMans, but that could be a hint to the track they are trying to get in the final game

Yeah I too am glad to see human element coming into GT finally 👍 Here's hoping for the customising thing (especially paintshop) in GT5 even if not in the Prologue. They've said GT5:P will be "somewhere between GT and Arcade mode" so it wouldn't surprise me if we don't get this kinda stuff until the final game. It is very "GT mode" in nature. As long as it comes for the big one I'm not bothered.

And you're right about the locations: There's been more than 4 different places seen, but still - it's gotta be a nod to what's to come - I just think it would be too weird to put locations of race tracks that they don't at least have in store for us sooner or later. :crazy:

I have spotted members of "Best Motoring"(Pro racing drivers testing cars) team helping to increase realism of the. Best motoring have held endurance battles to see how cars work in hot temperatures ,and which one offers best performance in endurance events. If i remember right, too hot numbers for temperatures were: Water 110 degrees of celsius and Oil 140 degrees of celsius. So in game you might need to install additional oil cooler for endurance events.(note that this is pure speculation)

But good speculation nonetheless !... 👍

Yeah, what were they thinking even considering one of America's premier oval tracks? Twin Ring Motegi will do just fine. No, Test course is far more interesting. The history behind the track goes way back

Nevermind Daytona is where 2 of America's biggest motor racing events occur, the Daytona 500 and the Rolex 24 hours of Daytona which will both probably end up being events in GT5.

On a serious note I hope we get Daytona and or Indianapolis. Both are the most famous tracks in America and both have a decent road course to boot. (Indy has the F1 course and Daytona the 24 hour course). It's like you get 2 tracks in one

F1:CE has something somewhat like this and you can watch a whole AI race, but not any that are online.
You can sort of watch an online race in F1:CE, but only with the map/radar feature that shows the players in a race as different colored dots. At least it gives you something to do when you crash out of the race sitting in your garage waiting for the race to end. :)

That said I wish F1:CE, and in the same context GT5:P, would let you view an online race through the use of the various in-game cameras. I would not have thought that this would be a big deal, but the fact that this type of online "camera spectator" option was not included in F1:CE despite being able to follow the race using the map/radar, suggests that this may be more difficult to implement than I had suspected. I'm still holding out hope this option will be added to an update for F1:CE and will be included with GT5:P. 👍

It's quite dissapointing to see another GT title without a single thing from South America.

Brazil and Argentina are major representants in motorsports, with the Stock Car and TC2000. Also, the only F1 car to be ever built and designed outside Europe was made in Brazil, the Copersucar-Fittipaldi.

Still, by seeing those pics showing red dots pointing tracks like Brands Hatch, Laguna Seca, and so on, there's nothing on South America.

Not even a race track like Jacarepagua, Curitiba or Interlagos. Not even a photomode place.

Also, there's lots of brazilian cars designed and sold around the world. The Opel Meriva, The Opel Astra Sedan, VW Fox, ... If there's space for Daihatsu Copen and stuff like that why not for those? What about the Lobini H1 sports car?

Quite a shame really.

Those new screens are freaking awesome! Pre-race garage footage makes me drool so bad. Did anyone notice there is no open-top during the race? Like the Elise and SL55 are open-top during the menu screen, but their top is down when they race.

What would be really cool is if they worked out some sort of agreement to show real life races online. I don't see that happening though.
It's not hard to do in my opinion. I have seen real life online races on TOCA3 for PS2 when the room is in progress.

It's quite dissapointing to see another GT title without a single thing from South America.

Brazil and Argentina are major representants in motorsports, with the Stock Car and TC2000. Also, the only F1 car to be ever built and designed outside Europe was made in Brazil, the Copersucar-Fittipaldi.

Still, by seeing those pics showing red dots pointing tracks like Brands Hatch, Laguna Seca, and so on, there's nothing on South America.

Not even a race track like Jacarepagua, Curitiba or Interlagos. Not even a photomode place.

Also, there's lots of brazilian cars designed and sold around the world. The Opel Meriva, The Opel Astra Sedan, VW Fox, ... If there's space for Daihatsu Copen and stuff like that why not for those? What about the Lobini H1 sports car?

Quite a shame really.

Supply and Demand are probably the reason for not including South America tracks and or South American cars.

Quite a shame really.

Follow that! At least for F1 history of brazilian drivers.

Apart from the fact that we actually don't iknow that thoes won't be included, if not in GT5:P we certainly don;t know if any will or won't be included in GT5 itself.

Alonsomania
Eiger Nordwand
Suzuka GP
Suzuka East
Suzuka West
Daytona Oval
Daytona Road Course
Brands Hatch GP
Brands Hatch Short

The four tracks would most likely be Eiger Nordwand, and the three courses shown in the first E3 video we saw. The bright field and the city night course the 350z drove on, and the course where we saw the F430, which was Suzuka.

Is it just me, or does the sky in this screenshot look overcast, unlike the other screens where it is sunny? I sure hope this means weather changes, or atleast being able to choose the conditions. I think the overcast sky contrasts absolutely beautifully with the cars, the pavement, and the trees. I was hoping to see this for a long time.

edit: nvm, here the Audi is supposedly approaching the same turn, and its sunny...the light sure changed dramatically...the cars shadows aren't even as long..

The four tracks would most likely be Eiger Nordwand, and the three courses shown in the first E3 video we saw. The bright field and the city night course the 350z drove on, and the course where we saw the F430, which was Suzuka.

Is it just me, or does the sky in this screenshot look overcast, unlike the other screens where it is sunny? I sure hope this means weather changes, or atleast being able to choose the conditions. I think the overcast sky contrasts absolutely beautifully with the cars, the pavement, and the trees. I was hoping to see this for a long time.

One of the tracks seen in the E3 video (the one with the 350z) is Grand Valley. The tunnel is a giveaway. The city looks like a R5-R11 type track. Going through the tunnel of forests looked like Deep Forest So here is a list of maybes, tracks that have been seen in GT:P footage:

Grand Valley
Suzuka
Eiger Nordwand^
R5*
R-11*
Deep Forest*

*Speculation
^GT:HD track

And as for overcast, I think it's just a very cloudy day by looking at the other pics

So no reverse? I know Eiger Nordwand has a reverse.
There are also supposed to be other sections or versions of the Eiger Nordwand course. That doesn't mean Prologue will get them.

What no-one seems to have picked up on, so far, is that it looks as if Prologue will also get a Photo Mode, as shown in the top left of this image. (Sorry, not sure how to limit image sizes with BBCode.)

ah0012a.jpg

Cheers,

MasterGT

There are also supposed to be other sections or versions of the Eiger Nordwand course. That doesn't mean Prologue will get them.

What no-one seems to have picked up on, so far, is that it looks as if Prologue will also get a Photo Mode, as shown in the top left of this image. (Sorry, not sure how to limit image sizes with BBCode.)

ah0012a.jpg

Cheers,

MasterGT
I'm noticing alright, especially the nice details on the background. If the words were not there, I'd think this was a real photograph.

I think people picked up on it(it would have been hard not to), just didn't directly comment since it was expected. Kaz had been talking about releasing a photomode before GT5's release for quite some time.

The red dots on the world map on the menu screen has me thinking the following things:

Starting on the North American west coast and moving right:
* Monterey - Laguna Seca
* Unknown, possibly in Mexico or Las Vegas? Rally course maybe?
* Road Atlanta? It's certainly placed where George would be.
* Daytona Beach - Daytona (if anything I'd say the road course would be more likely then the oval. This could also be used for TT2)
* Brands Hatch (apparently misplaced in Spain...)
* Le Mans
* Something in Italy? I assume Citta di Aria or something similar?
* South Korea, I predict the road course from GT4
* Suzuka

I don't think PD have ever been kryptic when it comes to information on game content. I simply think that they're just to show how it will show your real world location in the game and they've used real race track locations simply because of the motorsport connection, not because thoes tracks will necessarily be in the game.

Ofcourse, it is possible that they are showing thoes lcoations as clues, but I wouldn't want to see everyones hopes rise only for a track they really hoped for due to a single red dot and town name, to not be included.

Well I certainly wasn't trying to claim that they were indeed track locations, just guesses based off of the location of the dots.

I think people picked up on it(it would have been hard not to), just didn't directly comment since it was expected. Kaz had been talking about releasing a photomode before GT5's release for quite some time.

These pics hints that you can use your photo mode images as your GT5p Backround...

ah0009a.jpg

ah0010a.jpg

ah0013a.jpg

ah0014a.jpg

ah0016a.jpg

ah0015a.jpg

This game looks like it's comming along pretty nicely. In the screenshot of the Audi interior it shows -3.5 degrees celcius, i wonder if temperature is going to affect the grip of the tires and such. The dials look a bit flat though, as if they were just images, instead of actual 3d dials.

So, all of you heading to Leipzig - take your HD camcorders and be ready to roll

I will be there on the opening day!

If you go there, go on wednesday (press only) or thursday! The other days are suicide, because 50.000+ stupid kids flood the halls of the Convention Center.

In 2004 I played GT4 the very first time. In this Audi TT simluator:

651024sr9.jpg

The simulator had a hydraulic system you can not see on the picture. I had to qualify for the simulator first. I did not perform very well, because the game was not availabe by then. At least I knew the Ring, so I could do a good enough qualifying time.

Good call. Looking around at other images, there are many different shadow lengths and the lighting quality is appropriate for the corresponding time of day. I think we are looking at real-time sun angle effects, and I wonder if they will save full weather for GT5 or give us at least a sample now?

Imagine-you are sitting in New York, it's raining, and you are playing GT5P online. If you host a race, you'll be running in the wet, but if you join a race hosted by someone enjoying a searing summer day in Sydney, your main focus becomes the oil and water temperature. Fantastic.

I forsee many nights up too late enjoying this game to it's fullest.

I'm very hopeful the human element gets enhanced. Perhaps PD and SCEA's been reading my threads and posts on building your own race team or something. I had a thread talking about possibly being able to customizing driver outfits and such. It doesn't mean much understandably, but if you're going to have some in-car views, wouldn't you love to go out and rock your team colors? Of course, mine are two shades of blue with gold accents. So it's still possible. As a funny question... what colors would the team wear if someone was racing a TVR colored in Reflex Spice? Would there be chameleon(?) paint race suits or something? ^_^

It seems like PD wants to go all-out with this deal. 16 cars. This extra detail with cars and the pit teams. Most people probably think this is an amazing step towards GT maturing more. Unless you're a straight-up hater, how can you dislike the graphical effort here? I just can't believe PD actually put work into quality in-car rear views. There's a number of games that have rear views that don't show the back end of the car. The in-car detail from the rear looks amazing, especially my true Italian love- the Ferrari F430. Love Gran Turismo or loathe it. You at least have to admit there's a true graphic overhaul. All we have to do is get to experience it in some way. When GT5 Prologue is released, I want it to be at kiosks at stores. We were fortunate to have GTHD at some PS3 kiosks, so why not GT5 Prologue? It looks freaking amazing. Only trailer I've seen was that live E3 coverage. But damn... this game may end up being lightyears bigger than

--- GT Representation: Latin America ---
And to Johnny (Post #728 - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2726126&postcount=728 )... you know I respect you here on GTPlanet. I think details can still be worked out. Your situation is probably worse than ones wanting more Australian involvement. Think about this for a moment- Australia debuted in GT3 A-Spec with that Tickford Ford Falcon XR8. Australia got some bigger involvement in GT4 with the debuts of Holden and FPV. Still, no Australian courses. The key tracks people want out of Australia are Bathurst and maybe Surfer's Paradise. I still think Australia would be a great market to tackle in any GT game. I'd even want to do some of the most competitive tracks in Australian V8 Supercar action. I'm talking Pukekohe, Eastern Creek, Adelaide, Sandown, Queensland, Symmon Plains(?), and even Winton.

I can greatly make the case that it would be great to showcase South America or perhaps even Central America (Mexico, Honduras, Panama, El Salvador, etc.). Maybe my favorite South American track is Interlagos. It's a world-class race track in the Sao Paulo area. Maybe even the Buenos Aires track would be great as well (though I haven't heard too much about the Buenos Aires track lately). Brasilia is a snake of a track. GT could play Forza's game and think of a street course in Rio de Janerio. The Rio de Janerio oval has hosted oval events with (then) CART and even MotoGP around the infield road course. All the sights and sounds are enough to make people like Rio de Janerio. You got Sugar Loaf Mountain, the Redeemer Statue of Jesus Christ, the Copacabana Beach, hot Brazilian ladies in Brazilian bikinis... oh, wait... carried away there! ^_^ Brazil is a goldmine of racing talent. You're talking about people raning from Tony Kannan, Rubens Barrichello, the Fittipaldis, and not to mention one of racing's all-time greats- Aryton Senna. Now, Johnny, you're involved with Brazilian Stock Cars. So you have some viable proof that Brazil (or at least South America or even Latin America) needs some representation.

If you want to talk Latin America, then let's go further. I mentioned Buenos Aires, which is a greatly competitive race track. Very fun place to race. The site I use for finding race tracks of the world is eTracks Online. And in so, I found that there are a good number of tracks in Brazil and Argentina. It even includes two Uruguay circuits. Mexico would be just as great of a place for PD to find race tracks as South America. The best possibility would be el Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, better known as Mexico City. I think this would be a great track for muscle car racing. It would also be great for a Gran Turismo World Championship venue or even an endurance. They could have a fantasy street course through Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. I'm not talking about Funidora Park (don't hate the course), but maybe a fantasy course for this track. There is (and should be) a market to race in Latin America for GT. Just as much as the want to race in Australia.

I'm stunned by the latest crop of pictures from Page 36(?). You folks in Leipzig are lucky as hell. I think I'll start college again next month, so I'll have some broadband footage to check out when I have nothing to do for school.

Back