Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
me
and whats with that old skyline again? jeez...

DappaDaRealist
What do you mean by that?

Well its a very nice looking car, but it seems PD just can't let go of a certain palette of cars, like the '95 celica rally car, that '94 skyline, the old mazda roadsters, the '91 nsx, I want to see the new cars!!!:crazy: . Cars like the '91 NSX have historical value and so on, but they shouldn't rub it in our faces and use them when marketing a new game. They should be in the game, but they should be treated more as a given.

I'm still happy though...

And I hope if the 599 does make it in, it'll have those other rims, not that bleedin pentagram..

Well its a very nice looking car, but it seems PD just can't let go of a certain palette of cars, like the '95 celica rally car, that '94 skyline, the old mazda roadsters, the '91 nsx, I want to see the new cars!!!:crazy: . Cars like the '91 NSX have historical value and so on, but they shouldn't rub it in our faces and use them when marketing a new game. They should be in the game, but they should be treated more as a given.

And I hope if the 599 does make it in, it'll have those other rims, not that bleedin pentagram..

I guess PD is a little scared of big changes, the always sneak in something new though. GT2 had a lot, GT3 had Zonda and Formula cars, GT4 had a lot new European and Le Mans cars. GT5 will have Ferraris.

too bad they don'y have the only real Viper color, at least not in screens so far...

dodge_viper_gts_img01.jpg

i've never understood why they don't put that colour, thats the colour I fell in love with the Viper for.👍

I've just come to expect GT to not put the obvious Vipers in the game like the one you posted. I mean after all it's an american car so they aren't going to give much attention to it vs. all million EVOs, RX-7s, Subies and Skylines... :rolleyes:

Cars like the '91 NSX have historical value and so on, but they shouldn't rub it in our faces and use them when marketing a new game.

they shouldn't rub it in our faces but they are. lol
I suspect it's Japanese patriotism (or trophyism? I dunno). and who can blame them. These cars are practicaly revered in Japan.so its no wonder you'll see them in GT promo vids but I get your point.

Some thoughts....

Am I the only one who has always wanted a "Driver" (ps1) style replay system? I am not complaining at all, I love all the GT games replays, just the thought of being able to make custom replays would compliment these games amazingly.

Also....

Red Rock Valley Speedway, am I then only one who fell in love with that track in GT2? I always fall for the "fill in track" that wouldn't make it to the sequel :indiff:

Question...

In GT HD there are a lot of jaggies on the car, do they not have AA turned on does anyone know? That is the only way that I can tell that its not real sometimes in the replay...

^What jaggies? I have very little to no jaggies on my screen... What are you talking about?

in that picture, on top of the hood close to the windshield, a little on the window trim, a little on the ground skirt connected to the back bumper right behind the back tire, on the top of the car where the door meets the hood....etc. not to point out the obvious :) , its not bad at all, but during the replays, especially on the evo's, there are quite a bit of jaggies, however in the GT5 P videos, assuming they are replays of actual races, there seem to be quite a bit less...

Horacio Pagani comes from Argentina and his cars are really wonderful machines.
True, but I believe that comes more from the fact that he had previously worked for Lamborghini, so he understood what he had to do.

too bad they don'y have the only real Viper color, at least not in screens so far...

dodge_viper_gts_img01.jpg
It's more than likely because we aren't offered that GTS anymore. I've never seen a late-model GTS that was painted in Viper Blue w/ White Stripes.

The reason we aren't seeing new cars in every thing is hype. Since GT is all about car enthusiasts, they know they can build hype showing us something like a Lamborghini later on.

The reason we aren't seeing new cars in every thing is hype. Since GT is all about car enthusiasts, they know they can build hype showing us something like a Lamborghini later on.

Sorry I might be behind, but all I have heard about is the Ferrari hype, but have they confirmed Lambos in GT5?

Sorry I might be behind, but all I have heard about is the Ferrari hype, but have they confirmed Lambos in GT5?

No. The closest thing to a confirmation from them is that they've actually remained in touch with Polyphony. But that's far from meaning anything at this point.

Some thoughts....

Am I the only one who has always wanted a "Driver" (ps1) style replay system? I am not complaining at all, I love all the GT games replays, just the thought of being able to make custom replays would compliment these games amazingly.
I've actually thought about that many times myself.

Red Rock Valley Speedway, am I then only one who fell in love with that track in GT2? I always fall for the "fill in track" that wouldn't make it to the sequel :indiff:
I loved it too, dude. I still play GT2 because of that course, Grindelwald, and Tahiti Circuit.

I've actually thought about that many times myself.

I loved it too, dude. I still play GT2 because of that course, Grindelwald, and Tahiti Circuit.

Oh Man, tahiti Circuit! I hated all things tahiti until I played the Tahiti Road Super license test about 2 million times to get gold with the mini! Oh those were the days, it might be time to break out the ole GT2:sly:

i also loved red rock valley. anyone miss super speedway. i know it was a simple oval but still.
I think Super Speedway is actually Twin Ring Motegi as they have the exact same configuration so its technically still here on GT4(and possibly and GT5).

t's more than likely because we aren't offered that GTS anymore. I've never seen a late-model GTS that was painted in Viper Blue w/ White Stripes.

On the note of bad-a vipers.... IMO the coolest car in any GT game, one I wish would be in every one since GT2, (again I fall for the "fill in car" that would not make it) is.......

viper2.jpg

viper3.jpg

viper1.jpg

The red with white stripes just doesn't do it for me for some reason....maybe because you can get the standard viper that way.....

I think Super Speedway is actually Twin Ring Motegi as they have the exact same configuration so its technically still here on GT4(and possibly and GT5).

super speedway looks a little different than motegi as far as the pavement and has a lot more grandstands. other than that no big difference.

oh yeah....one thing I have always wanted to see in GT, and hopefully will make it to GT5 P and GT5 is people in the grandstands / cheers / noise. I used to play Nascar Racing (yes lame I know) back when papyrus made those games, and it was cool when they put people in the stands and you hear a loud roar when you go by.

super speedway looks a little different than motegi as far as the pavement and has a lot more grandstands. other than that no big difference.
I think Super Speed was IS Twin Ring Motegi. If I recall, when you go to the track selection in GT4 it's mentioned as a Motegi based track.

I think GT has done a great job on making a worldwide perspective for the majority of GT games in the series. Only three continents haven't been featured (one doesn't count because it's unlivable) in a GT game in terms of tracks: South America, Africa, and Australia. South America has a broad variety of race tracks and racing drivers. Africa is perhaps best known in racing for the Dakar Rally and South Africa's Kyliami Circuit. Australia... well, no Australian tracks featured at all.

Let me share a personal belief with you all. The reason why I put things in international perspective is because proving something or someone the best among people, that's a good thing. But proving something on a world scale with other people and things above or below your level, that's a great thing. I don't remain patriotic. I don't say "my Corvette can beat your Enzo." And look at things in a racing perspective- Formula One wouldn't be very fun if it was just Europeans (or even just French) racing only in Europe and France) to determine a WORLD champion. It's why I sometimes dislike naming NBA and MLB champions as "World Champions" because the "world" perspective is more than just America and Canada. If it was a true "World" perspective, you'll need to take on the world's finest. So when I talk about a world perspective in GT, I'm talking about around the world and back as far as cars and tracks go. This perspective wasn't severely present in GT1 even though it was just Japan vs. America vs. the United Kingdom. GT1 was mostly a Japan-centered game with all six Japanese makes having Special Model race cars. GT2 changed that. At least one manufacturer in the four cities of GT had a Special Model up for sale or could be earned. It also debuted some real-world locations with some real cities and a real race track. GT2's World Championship encompassed broader world detail than GT1. GT3 shown a somewhat broader perspective with a few more real-world locations including two new car nationalities- Belgium (Gillet) and Australia (Tickford). GT4 further expanded the world scope with some more American venues and two of Europe's finest race tracks- Le Mans and Nürburgring Nordschleife. GT4 carried a broader perspective in cars and tracks. I think PD needs to come up with at least one new places to race and at least one new Photo Mode location in the three aforementioned continents I mentioned. GT's extablished a nice worldwide perspective that's been amplified in subsequent GT games. All PD needs to do is carry their world tour of racing duty further. I'm probably not sure if any South American autos can get in, but there's still that remote possibility. I love Japan, but I'd like to see a little more of the world. And look at it like this- people would likely complain of too many races and features in one place, and PD is no different. Look at the mostly American focus of Forza or the United Kingdom's focus in most Codemasters racing games. PD is no different with Japan. I think it's best for PD to expand their boundaries a bit more.

*** AUSTRALIA*** I'd love to do Bathurst. I even imagined that PD would allow you to race some of Peter Brock's machines in GT5 including a Super License test around Bathurst using his Holden Monaro that won the inagural 24 Hours of Bathurst. Maybe even some Holden Torana XU1's Brock raced with in the 1970s.

*** AFRICA *** Unless these South African tracks are held together by some agreement with other game makers, Kyliami and Phakisa Freeway's road course would make great African venues. Kyliami is a pretty good race track having played it in a number of games. It would be nice to have some racing in Africa in GT. Senegal is famous if you follow the Dakar Rally. The Dakar Rally usually ends in Dakar, Senegal. A nice point-to-point rally course along the beach would be fun and really give the Dakar machines more of a challenge. There were plans for Egypt to have a track to host Formula 3 action. The current status of this track today is unknown. It was still just a proposal.

Just doing this will allow for PD to come up with more places to race. Fantasy street courses would be the best way to get more places involved, but a few more real-world locations really sweetens the pot. Let us see the world as we race all around it in GT5. This was all just to extend Johnny's point earlier.

*** AFRICA *** Unless these South African tracks are held together by some agreement with other game makers, Kyliami and Phakisa Freeway's road course would make great African venues.

Its Kyalami.:sly:

I would love if PD includes the old circuit of Kyalami (one of my favourite circuits), it was much more thrilling and the high speed not-banked corners looked extremely dangerous for drivers when cars got near 190mph in the light left hander Jukskei Sweep, just after the BBQ Bend.:dopey:

Kyalami.jpg

The old Interlagos was one of the fastest and most thrilling race tracks of all time. Of course, it was very dangerous as well.

Track layout from etrackonline.co.uk

I was just trying to further the point Johnny expressed on. GT5 Prologue is like a pond full of fishes. You'll never know what kinds of stuff will be fished out of them. We're not going to know a lot more about GT5 until we see some more material at the Tokyo Game Show or something. As a GT fan, I'll work to offer different perspectives as well as possible new ideas and concepts that could be implemented in GT5's full release. I'm more like an idea factory with a childish imagination. I hope I can discuss as many potential elements of what GT5 can offer in my future posts and threads. May even bring back old threads and providing relevant info.

I'm told that I'm off-topic. Care to get this train back on its rails with some more GT5P ideas?

I was just trying to further the point Johnny expressed on. GT5 Prologue is like a pond full of fishes. You'll never know what kinds of stuff will be fished out of them. We're not going to know a lot more about GT5 until we see some more material at the Tokyo Game Show or something. As a GT fan, I'll work to offer different perspectives as well as possible new ideas and concepts that could be implemented in GT5's full release. I'm more like an idea factory with a childish imagination. I hope I can discuss as many potential elements of what GT5 can offer in my future posts and threads. May even bring back old threads and providing relevant info.

I'm told that I'm off-topic. Care to get this train back on its rails with some more GT5P ideas?

There is nothing wrong with a childish imagination, although in a thread like this it can easily create confusion.

edit: how did my post end up here? :S

Back