Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
Customizable interiors? Great!

In GT5 the interior view will be my 'office' so If I can customize to my likings that is a great feature. Now when you buy 'stage 1 weight reduction' (hopefully more in-depth this time though) you may actually see the missing luxury's and seats. :)

Duck, are you mad? You can't tell me you've never had one of your own vehicles picked out in interior options? :D

I'm 15. I haven't had that luxury yet.

I guess I was thinking more of racing seats, steering wheels, speedometers, Hawaiian girl, etc. I forgot about TDU and its different interior colors –*it sounds like it'd be something like that.

So, it's pointless to incorporate realism into buying a vehicle in a game, in which said game is all about having realism?
I'm surprised you call this worthless while Forza 2 offers you fantasy exterior modifications for almost every high performance car, something GT has been criticized about.

Come on McLaren, there is no reason to argue with a troll. Just let them do their troll-thing and all will be good with the world. Anyway with all of these features debuting in the demo, it makes me wonder how many additional features and content wil be in the actual game (i.e. the one I will actually buy since im not a fan of demoes)

With this new info on Prologue I invisage the full GT5 having something like.

Interiour Shop.
  1. Steering
  2. Seats
  3. Guages
  4. Gear Shift

And then so-on for the exteriour of the vehicle including paint editor and the like.

i don't think GT would have aftermarket gauges, since personally i've never seen an option for different gauges from any car manufacturer, but like sports seats and shift knob are very possible, since manufacturers do offer those options.

Just my opinion, again lol.

So, it's pointless to incorporate realism into buying a vehicle in a game, in which said game is all about having realism?
I'm surprised you call this worthless while Forza 2 offers you fantasy exterior modifications for almost every high performance car, something GT has been criticized about.

Erm... well like I said the interior mods do jack squat other than add weight or look bad. As for FM2's exterior mods, I've openly critized all over the FM2 threads here about Turn10's gay ass kits and that only THEIR crap is customizable over other parts. That was their decision and I can't help it if they are taste challenged... Only time I use their parts is creating a competion car for online because of the PE. I won't deal with their crap on my cars and either way I can live with that much more than I can live with bad/irritating physics.

This has been said im sure but, I would like to setup your own races. I think it would be nice to buy the car you own in real life and add some parts to it then take it to some tracks and pick the AI cars to race against so that you have a competitive race. In GT4 i find my self racing against super cars in my little M3 way to much and its just not fun i either beat them really good or get beat.

The AI should be setup with a set number (lets say 30-40 different drivers) with different skill levels and different cars that are actually tuned. PD could even have a menu under options for AI were you could adjust the AI and there cars maybe? This could make racing more fun, they could even incorporate car classes like 1-5(or more)that like a Mini Cooper start off as a 1 add upgrades to get it to a 2 or 3 and then the races could be set up like that. Then race cars JGTC,LMP/LMGT,DTM, and for classics have 60s,80s,90s LMP class to keep a 60s GT40 running with Audi R8s.

I think GT would have better racing if this was put into place hopefully we will see some good racing in GT:P

Maybe a minimum of 8 or 8 in prologue, and a max of 12 in GT5? We'll see.

Can't wait for this XD
Online races don't have minimum players, they only have maximum players. It probably means GT5:P will only have 8 players oline but GT5 will have 12.

This has been said im sure but, I would like to setup your own races. I think it would be nice to buy the car you own in real life and add some parts to it then take it to some tracks and pick the AI cars to race against so that you have a competitive race. In GT4 i find my self racing against super cars in my little M3 way to much and its just not fun i either beat them really good or get beat.

The AI should be setup with a set number (lets say 30-40 different drivers) with different skill levels and different cars that are actually tuned. PD could even have a menu under options for AI were you could adjust the AI and there cars maybe? This could make racing more fun, they could even incorporate car classes like 1-5(or more)that like a Mini Cooper start off as a 1 add upgrades to get it to a 2 or 3 and then the races could be set up like that. Then race cars JGTC,LMP/LMGT,DTM, and for classics have 60s,80s,90s LMP class to keep a 60s GT40 running with Audi R8s.

I think GT would have better racing if this was put into place hopefully we will see some good racing in GT:P

Or they could bring in horsepower limitations like in GT2, or power/weight ratio limitation on the races, which would ensure a very equall field.

About the interior, maybe customizable interior also means that even though a black Ferrari comes with tan leather you change it to black leather later on and get a blackpaint/black leather combination 👍

As for walking around and looking at your cars in scenic locations, does this mean we can control our driver in 3rd person view? Or will this be some sort of first-person view. I prefer both.

I would also like some photo mode locations to be driveable. If PD included a couple of photomode locations, like for example Highway 1 in California. Imagine driving down 20 miles of Highway 1 with a few of your online pals in Ferraris, TVRs, and Ford GTs without the pressure of racing. Then stopping to the side and getting out of your cars to look at the ocean and take pictures. That would be incredible and would put GT5 in another stratosphere.

For those of you who have never been to Highway 1 in California here is a pic:

coverphoto.jpg

What if in Arcade mode at least you was able to do a quick tune of all the A.I. cars in a race or race series. Similar to what you can do to you car while doing single player Arcade mode. Hopefully this would not be necessary meaning the Random A.I. that is chosen would be close enough for good races. Or as you mentioned there would be more pre A.I. settings to assist in generating A.I. that most closely matches what you are looking for. However even with better A.I. selection options, I still would want the option for picking or replacing A.I. cars even from my own garage and then doing a quick tune on any of the A.I. cars if I so desired. This could be used in Arcade mode and Family Cup Modes and maybe on a what I call a race builder menu. For more info see my posts in GT5 ideals except cars

About the interior, maybe customizable interior also means that even though a black Ferrari comes with tan leather you change it to black leather later on and get a blackpaint/black leather combination 👍

As for walking around and looking at your cars in scenic locations, does this mean we can control our driver in 3rd person view? Or will this be some sort of first-person view. I prefer both.

I would also like some photo mode locations to be driveable. If PD included a couple of photomode locations, like for example Highway 1 in California. Imagine driving down 20 miles of Highway 1 with a few of your online pals in Ferraris, TVRs, and Ford GTs without the pressure of racing. Then stopping to the side and getting out of your cars to look at the ocean and take pictures. That would be incredible and would put GT5 in another stratosphere.

For those of you who have never been to Highway 1 in California here is a pic:

coverphoto.jpg

Is that big sur?
That would certainly be a good cruise location, and I also imagine it would make a great point to point rally.

in GT4 i find my self racing against super cars in my little M3 way to much and its just not fun i either beat them really good or get beat.

While you make a interesting point about the driver skill as I believe this might go along with the improved AI, I would rather see a field that doesn't just include drivers of varying skill, but in evenly matched cars. For instance, I don't want to race a GT500 class Motul Pitwork Z against a LMGTP class Mclaren F1 GTR. Honestly, If I want to race an Audi R8 at say, Mid-ohio(which might be streching the imagination too far), I would like to race against a Equal opponent and a Modified GT40 would not be my idea of an equal opponent. Just my 2 cents(that a Cup of Starbucks).

When they mentioned customizable interiors my first thought was of the "Build Your Own" car features on many car manufacturers sites, where you select the color, interior color/material, etc. Having the ability to add some racing parts like extra oil gauges, remove the speedometer, put in a racing wheel with the gauges in the center of it, racing seats with a full harness, etc would be pretty cool too.

It may not be a big deal for performance, but neither are wheel and exterior color.

If PD incorporates any ability to customize interiors, if they were smart, they would definitely add the ability to customize the exteriors as well....which there has been a pretty big discussion about that already on these forums.

To clear it up, the interviewer asked if it was possible to change the colour of the interior of the cars, to which Yamauchi replied it could according to the body colour chosen. He then said he wants it to be possible to fully customize cars in GT5, no more specific than that.

There is nothing wrong with a childish imagination, although in a thread like this it can easily create confusion.

edit: how did my post end up here? :S

Man, i've been noticing this happening a LOT on similarly-based forum architectures. I post on several other forums (car club, manga related places, etc) and it's happened to me a few times there too.

Is that big sur?
That would certainly be a good cruise location, and I also imagine it would make a great point to point rally.

I have been on that highway personally and it is absolutely GORGEOUS. Both the road and the scenery.

I saw that GT5P trailer on gran-turismo.com/jp. The Part B one showcased all those cars zooming around Suzuka. It's great seeing the cars in action. Just the thought of more than six cars to a track in the realm of Gran Turismo is sweeter than candy. The cars all look amazing at speed. Just can't deny how amazing everything looks. We're probably not going to learn anything about damage with this model currently going. But you all know me- I'm not giddy and excited about crashes and damage. If anything, I'm truly interested in how it would all play out in terms of damage. I'll need to make a sub-section for this post on this very subject.

--- Thoughts on Damage... But in a Different Way ---
I've been thinking about the notion of damage. We probably won't get it with these street cars, but it made me think about something. Remember in the GT4 forums when I asked about what Gran Turismo means to some of the car makers present in the game? I said that GT must mean a good deal if damage won't be allowed to the many cars in the game. My real thought about limiting damage to race cars make me think that racing models shows some sort of significance about marketing the cars in Gran Turismo. I said in the past that GT is a great marketing tool for introducing the gamer to cars he/she may not know about. Take most of us Americans for instance. There are some of us who may never get to see or be around the Jaguar XJ220, the Alfa Romeo GT, or even the Vector M12. However... there are some less-powerful and less-exclusive cars we may never get to see in America. Some of those include the Renault Renaultsport Clio V6, the FPV GT, the Seat Cupra, the ASL Garaiya, the Honda S500, the Peugeot 307, and cars like that. If a game series like Gran Turismo is this sort of virtual marketing tool of certain cars, then it's no sort of marketing deal to showcase damage in all its full-fledged intensity. Think about it like this. You can market a car in real life in terms of damage especially in regards to crash safety ratings. I recall commercials from Volvo, BMW, Toyota, and mentionings of Kia commercials where crash damage is marketed. This is usually in the form of crash test ratings. Would you have cars featured in real life commercials with damage because of bad driving or anything accidental or stupid? If you're trying to market a car in real life, you wouldn't want to do this. You try to sell it as a reliable and safe car, not a car to joyride until a huge crash (sometimes fatal or at least one that causes severe injury) occurs. Who wants to market a car in a game as a crash-happy jalopy? Only mention of showing off real-life cars in racing games with damage usually pertains to crash test results, not joyriding or doing anything dumb. It still doesn't mean the gamer in question will want to play-test any sort of damage model just for the "benefit" of knowing cars can be damageable.

So why showcase damage for race cars? Probably for the same reasons mentioned above. Most race cars are rarely marketed in commercials of a certain car company. I can think of commercials from companies like Chevrolet, Ford, Mazda, and Porsche who have shown off some of their competition cars. These machines are competition-grade machines that aren't for sale unless you're a race team who made an inquiry for such a racing machine. Since racing cars are brought about in the roughest of situations, it would be best to limit damage to race cars only since they are used to such conditions. As of this post, the only two racing machines we've really seen were the Motul/Pitwork 350/Fairlady Z and GTHD's 1995 Toyota Celica Rally Car. We haven't seen much in seeing these machines getting wrecked. In fact, we haven't seen anything from them in the context of damage. I'm sure this is being worked on. I do have this one question- most cars tuned for racing are usually race cars even if they aren't million-dollar machines. So if Racing Mods return, would we see the remote possibility of damaging cars fully-tuned for racing?

Just my two cents. What do you think?

I think the GT series is the only series not doing Car Damage at this point. Its more of an engine/platform limitation/design choice in time constrains then it is a manifacturer's choice... They don't seem to be bothered with cars being completely destructible in Dirt or Forza2.

I think the GT series is the only series not doing Car Damage at this point. Its more of an engine/platform limitation/design choice in time constrains then it is a manifacturer's choice... They don't seem to be bothered with cars being completely destructible in Dirt or Forza2.

But then no games looks as good as Gran Turismo games. Most car damage models looks laughably bad. Dirt looks good though, what i've seen in screens/movies at least.

But then no games looks as good as Gran Turismo games. Most car damage models looks laughably bad. Dirt looks good though, what i've seen in screens/movies at least.

To someone like us who knows a lot about cars... but for the majority of players, Forza2 cars look pretty damn realistic; not laughably bad.

So the Damage thing being stoped by manifacturers is highly improbably.

Back