Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
I believe Sony did.

Did been the correct word m8 , they held the license till the end of 2006 i believe this is why F1:CE is based on the 2006 season & not 2007.As far as im aware nobody currently holds the license for F1 now , i wish PD would get it now what a game that would be lol.

Did been the correct word m8 , they held the license till the end of 2006 i believe this is why F1:CE is based on the 2006 season & not 2007.As far as im aware nobody currently holds the license for F1 now , i wish PD would get it now what a game that would be lol.

Even if they did get the license, they would probably not have the full F1 season e.t.c. in GT5. More likely there would be two games. F1 = crashes and I don't know what PD know about crash simulation...

Some news.

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-58315.aspx
The "Best Car" magazine had an interview with Kazunori Yamauchi. The main points were posted on GameFront.de

- GT5 prologue will appear in Japan before the Tokyo Engine Show which begins on October 26 2007.

- GT5 will release in Japan on July 2008.

- GT mobile will be published after GT5 is released.

- Yamauchi would like to work on a F1 game.

http://translate.google.com/transla...um=1&ct=result&prev=/search?q=gamefront&hl=en
Posted a while ago, thought you guys would like to know. I don't see anything on the translated link, so be wary (but it is translated so ctrl+f might not work as well).

i think that quote is a bunch of BS :) (i dont want to make enemies just my thoughts)

I very much doubt it is. Maybe the GT Mobile, but KY has expressed he'd like to work on an F1 game, the show is more than likely true, and KY did say GT5 would be working with a 2008 release. Now, it probably won't be July, but since the game isn't going to be focused on 700 cars, and has been in production since GT4's final development stages, a 2008 seems likely.

And since it's KY, the F1 game will probably include the complete history of F1 cars and races :)
(well, all you can do is hope)

And since it's KY, the F1 game will probably include the complete history of F1 cars and races :)
(well, all you can do is hope)

Actually, I'd love to see a game allow me to re-live previous Formula 1 races letting me drive cars that were piloted by many famous F1 drivers like Gilles Villeneuve or Aryton Senna.

Especially if they did it in a Gran Turismo-esque manner. It would be awesome! Not to mention they could probably input some very awesome damage.

That sounds like an awesome idea. A formula one game by Polyphony digital would be great and just imagine the amount of detail that would be put into this game. There would be a console game that can actually outdue PC F1 games like GP or RFactor. I'm for it.

I would rather them concentrate on Gran Turismo, I rather racing road cars.

DWA
An F1 game sounds really interesting since no one has made a decent one yet. I'd be up for that.
That sounds like an awesome idea. A formula one game by Polyphony digital would be great and just imagine the amount of detail that would be put into this game. There would be a console game that can actually outdue PC F1 games like GP or RFactor. I'm for it.
Sounds like far too much effort would be required just to cover what is already very worn ground... I think PD should stick to what they do best and concentrate on bringing us as lifelike a Driving sim as possible, rather than venturing into the Sports sim genre - incorporating the full F1 gamut into Gran Turismo would be a massive waste of time and effort, and making a stand-alone title is pointless since it's already been done to death IMO.

Especially if they did it in a Gran Turismo-esque manner. It would be awesome! Not to mention they could probably input some very awesome damage.
22 cars on track, licenses for all F1 teams and circuits, and realistic damage - don't sound very Gran Turismo-esque to me!

DWA
An F1 game sounds really interesting since no one has made a decent one yet. I'd be up for that.

Sorry but there has been a great F1 game, it was released like 10 years ago but Grand Prix Legends was a killer PC game!
I loved the 60's F1 cars & tracks!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Prix_Legends
There was a big mod group & you could download things like the original Monza track with the banking.
This game had the original Spa track as well as the Nürburgring, it's what got me loving the old long tracks!

DWA
As The Moose and others have said, there have been some good F1 or F1 type games for PC.

However, in terms of console games that has not really been the case, up until this year with the release of F1:CE which is an excellent F1 game and even features what I feel is a far more intuitive AI, realistic crash damage as well as mechanical failures that exceed what is offered in any GT, PGR, TOCA, or Forza game. The physics model is excellent as well, and has a well thought out online support with up to 11 players, one for each team, and 11 AI cars as "teammates". On top of that it gives plenty of variable game setting options, allowing players to create more precisely the type of racing and level of realism they want. It even has a pit crew that you control in order to get the best possible time.

I've been buying and playing PC and console F1 games for many years now, and F1:CE has not only raised the bar, but has many features, like it's AI, mechanical and crash damage, and pit crew that I would love see other game series incorporate them into their games.... so no, there have been some very decent F1 games, perhaps no more so than F1:CE.

Actually, I'd love to see a game allow me to re-live previous Formula 1 races letting me drive cars that were piloted by many famous F1 drivers like Gilles Villeneuve or Aryton Senna.
I agree! Especially one that would offer a large number of historic F1 cars and tracks, such that you could pick your "era". If it came with reasonably accurate physics for all those historic F1 cars I would be incredibly impressed!

Imagine a GT style F1 game with over 1,000 F1 cars and 100 tracks representing over 50 years of F1 history! That would be amazing! :drool:

Honestly, even if they gave each year's cars the exact same physics model, thus the only differences between the cars in each year of an F1 game would be the aesthetics, and driver skill... I'd still rush out and buy a game that offered that many historical F1 cars!

I just don't see it happening as it would be such a huge undertaking... but if it happens, no matter what format it comes out on, PC, Xbox, or PS... I'll be first in line! 👍👍

In the meantime, I'm still very much enjoying F1:CE to get my F1 gaming fix. 👍

DWA
10 years ago... for the PC. Yeah... I still submit my post. :dopey: :lol:
F1:CE... 6 Months ago... for PS3. Not just decent, but better in many ways to other current driving/racing games, and certainly head & shoulders better than any F1 console game.

BTT ;)

I think GT5 needs more people in the stands at Grand Valley. Grand Valley is the signature race track for Gran Turismo. But not many people packed the stands. I think it would be interesting if PD got in people to pack the stands like it was a Formula One race. I had even planned a thread regarding atmosphere in the past. A comment I made once is that I want races to be as interesting as possible whether it was a two-lap race in some podunk or an endurance on a real racing track.
=
I try to avoid acronyms as much as possible, especially with text message-like comments. I know I'm old. So I have to try to type in full English to prevent stuff like "BTT" shown.

A lot of people didn't like Tourist Trophy as much, but I basically thought of Tourist Trophy as a model towards what PD would be going for with GT5. I actually liked Tourist Trophy even if it was a GT4 model with four bikes to a track. It wasn't as bad of a game as most people perceived it as.

Now let me try to steer this topic in the right direction. GT5P will serve as a nice measure of how far the GT series has come along. I still want to see PD come along with some different effects. My thread on environment and weather conditions is one example. Let's say it's a balmy hot day at Suzuka (like some of the hot days Texas and the American Southeast has had recently). I'd imagine that tire wear would be a problem in hot conditions. I still want to envision a proper weather model that would provide realistic weather conditions. Dynamic weather conditions provide an instant challenge and can change the course of almost any race. Think about Le Mans back in June. The chances of showers and thunderstorms were varied in France for the Le Mans race. I also want to think about possibilities of modifications. But at this point, I still want to see as complete of a game as possible before hinting at tuning options.

Anyone else want to key in?

I think GT5 needs more people in the stands at Grand Valley. Grand Valley is the signature race track for Gran Turismo. But not many people packed the stands. I think it would be interesting if PD got in people to pack the stands like it was a Formula One race. I had even planned a thread regarding atmosphere in the past. A comment I made once is that I want races to be as interesting as possible whether it was a two-lap race in some podunk or an endurance on a real racing track.
=
I try to avoid acronyms as much as possible, especially with text message-like comments. I know I'm old. So I have to try to type in full English to prevent stuff like "BTT" shown.

A lot of people didn't like Tourist Trophy as much, but I basically thought of Tourist Trophy as a model towards what PD would be going for with GT5. I actually liked Tourist Trophy even if it was a GT4 model with four bikes to a track. It wasn't as bad of a game as most people perceived it as.

Now let me try to steer this topic in the right direction. GT5P will serve as a nice measure of how far the GT series has come along. I still want to see PD come along with some different effects. My thread on environment and weather conditions is one example. Let's say it's a balmy hot day at Suzuka (like some of the hot days Texas and the American Southeast has had recently). I'd imagine that tire wear would be a problem in hot conditions. I still want to envision a proper weather model that would provide realistic weather conditions. Dynamic weather conditions provide an instant challenge and can change the course of almost any race. Think about Le Mans back in June. The chances of showers and thunderstorms were varied in France for the Le Mans race. I also want to think about possibilities of modifications. But at this point, I still want to see as complete of a game as possible before hinting at tuning options.

Anyone else want to key in?

If you look at GT4p compared to GT4 you can see it's the same physics and graphics. So GT5p will probably be the same. I'm not sure what you mean by modifications, of the car or of the game? Game mods like more cars may be avalible but only the ones made by Polyphony Digital. Car mods like body kits and wings will probably not be involved, well maybe wings.

Kazunori-dono has already said that bodykits will be a feature in future Gran Turismo games. And if you want the return of race modification, like most of the planet does, you want the inclusion of bodykits. ;)

As for John's post, I hardly ever find anything to quibble about, and this is the case here. I would of course like to see weather conditions and environments like time of day to have some control in the options list, along with damage for the kids and us online racers. But I have a feeling you'd agree with that. Another thing I'd like to see is the widest possible variety of driver cam placement. Kaz-dono has said there will be at least four, and ideally I'd like one of them - bumpercam maybe - to be fully configurable. In other words, I define where it's positioned, angled, and how much sway or drift there is when the car takes turns and bumps or suffers collisions.

Think of games like "Need for Speed 3" and "NFS: High Stakes" in which you could actually set which four camera views you want to use. If I had the game right now with this feature, here would be my four views from default view to the three alternative views:

Close Chase Cam - Roof Cam - In-Car Cam - Bumper Cam

I think this would be best for GT4. Only thing I'd probably change is if GT5 and/or GT5P had a high chase cam similar to one of the replay camera views in GT4. But again, that's just me.

Kazunori-dono has already said that bodykits will be a feature in future Gran Turismo games. And if you want the return of race modification, like most of the planet does, you want the inclusion of bodykits. ;)

As for John's post, I hardly ever find anything to quibble about, and this is the case here. I would of course like to see weather conditions and environments like time of day to have some control in the options list, along with damage for the kids and us online racers. But I have a feeling you'd agree with that. Another thing I'd like to see is the widest possible variety of driver cam placement. Kaz-dono has said there will be at least four, and ideally I'd like one of them - bumpercam maybe - to be fully configurable. In other words, I define where it's positioned, angled, and how much sway or drift there is when the car takes turns and bumps or suffers collisions.

Body Kits will be a HUGE plus. Forza has a really good car customization feature, so I am sure that PD will step it up with GT5, especially since they are not spending a lot of time with damage now. Question:

Is anyone else glad that the wheels are now fully modeled? In GT2 It was like a gift from god getting to customize the wheels, but in GT3 and GT4 - ingame -, they were just textures and looked kind of fake compared to the car modles. I am excited that is no longer the case!

Body Kits will be a HUGE plus. Forza has a really good car customization feature, so I am sure that PD will step it up with GT5, especially since they are not spending a lot of time with damage now. Question:

Is anyone else glad that the wheels are now fully modeled? In GT2 It was like a gift from god getting to customize the wheels, but in GT3 and GT4 - ingame -, they were just textures and looked kind of fake compared to the car modles. I am excited that is no longer the case!

Indeed, it makes it look way more realistic. Now when i look at GT4 screens they don't look good anymore. A HD game with the old wheels would look weird i think.

Back