Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,627 comments
Famine's latest purchase...

choccyhead1.jpg

Which for some reason reminds me of....

37437512_9d0a69fef4.jpg

...weird (anyway plain chocy is better than milk).

Scaff

I agree, Scaff. I prefer dark chocolate as well.

I suppose we'll just have to keep in mind that we have superior tastes ;)

I agree, Scaff. I prefer dark chocolate as well.

I suppose we'll just have to keep in mind that we have superior tastes ;)

lindt85pctdark.jpg

Best chocolate ever....

👍

Scaff

And this thread has now just made me go and make an Espresso to go with some of the above.

I'm more of a fan of 70% and 74%, 85% is just a little too bitter although I don't mind it grated onto things :)

lindt85pctdark.jpg

Best chocolate ever....
Yup, that’s the best (too bad it’s never on sale at the grocery store).

BTW, I’ve heard that Cadburry chocolate in the UK is way better than the US version – it’s dry and crumbly and seems icky but is really good…?

MC - The 85% stuff is most certainly an acquired taste and you certainly can't eat a lot of it in one go. For everyday munching the 70 - 75% range is easier.

TM - I agree - out with the ban stick for you.

Sage - While the US produces many fine things to eat (among them stunning peanut butter, tortilla chips that actually taste of corn and the unobtainable in the UK - Filé powder, a must for real gumbo), the one thing it doesn't get right is chocolate. Every type of American chocolate I have tried has been horrible, just far, far too sweet.

Scaff

0516081359.jpg

NICE! 34 bucks for nike 6.0's shipped:dopey:

Desgined by Oreca? :)

I've been on a bit of a spending spree - mostly through necessity though...

Most recently was the near-death of the family's desktop PC - now in its 8th year of being - and I'd thought about getting a laptop at some point. With the help of the good people of the Computers subforum of GTP, I bought this, a Samsung R60 with Norton 360, one of the basic Microsoft Office packages (I forget which), and a bag to put it all in:

DSC_0310small.jpg

Another necessary purchase, due to the Volvo needing a new alternator and the Mini being off the road (don't ask; it's not major, but it is time consuming) was this 1989 Merc 260E (automatic :yuck:, but I'm not complaining for £600):

DSC_0307small.jpg

And lastly, these two:

SSC_0306.jpg

And now I can't allow myself to spend anymore.

I'm more of a fan of 70% and 74%, 85% is just a little too bitter although I don't mind it grated onto things :)
We share the same lack of acquired taste for 85% cacao chocolate... my favorite for a quick chocolate fix:

DSCN0891.jpg

As for new purchases, I just got this puppy in the mail:

DSCN0889.jpg

However, the largest purchase I have had lately was 1,000 sqft of Mohawk Antiquity Handscrapped Mocha Maple hardwood floors:

DSCN0887.jpg

DSCN0884.jpg

DSCN0886.jpg

We share the same lack of acquired taste for 85% cacao chocolate... my favorite for a quick chocolate fix:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/Digital-Nitrate/GTP/Purchases/DSCN0891.jpg[IMG][/CENTER]
[/QUOTE]

That chocolate is great! Tried it at the Sea Otter Classic, a well known MTB event in Kaliforniya. Gonna get me a box sometime.

[quote="Digital-Nitrate, post: 3023071"]As for new purchases, I just got this [URL="http://www.ihomeaudio.com/products.asp?product_id=10212&dept_id=1006"][COLOR="Blue"][I][B]puppy[/B][/I][/COLOR][/URL] in the mail:

[CENTER][IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/Digital-Nitrate/GTP/Purchases/DSCN0889.jpg[IMG][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

Is that an ih9? if so, how is it? Been thinking of getting one only because you can set playlists to your alarms.​

I bought 250 pounds of SiO2 last night, but I'm guessing I'll need more. I'll be putting it in sometime this morning after breakfast and a treatment.

*snip* I thought about waiting for the new speculated wireless G25 GT, but who knows if it's real or how long it will before it's release.
I talk to Logitech the day before yesterday (my Geeee 25 is partially broken) and they said that there are no plans for a new G25 wheel.

Maybe they are not allowed to.

TB
I bought 250 pounds of SiO2 last night, but I'm guessing I'll need more. I'll be putting it in sometime this morning after breakfast and a treatment.
What are you using the Silicon Dioxide for?

I talk to Logitech the day before yesterday (my Geeee 25 is partially broken) and they said that there are no plans for a new G25 wheel.

Maybe they are not allowed to.
That's too bad.

Back