Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,627 comments
Just dropped a couple bills on a new set of eyeglasses, something I don't mind spending more than enough on or spending a couple weeks finding the perfect pair.

The company is a German design firm that has won several industrial design awards for their ingenious screwless hinge design (see end video). They're also made of thin titanium, making them hella strong and light as feathers. I don't like predicting The Next Big Thing (I called BS on Alexander Daigle back in the day if that means anything to anyone), but ic! berlin is expected to take off in similar ways to Oakley, which is now a household brand and coincidentally the brand of my outgoing frames which I still regularly get complimented on.

Here's the set I got:

yhst-50888373590496_1998_244732527

The design and engineering stuff:

Those look like they would eventually not be as tight fighting as they were when new with the way those hinges are designed.

They look sick though. 👍

Well, my wife and I were going to watch a movie but nothing was really out, and we were being indecisive. We decided to find some furnashings to help cleanup the basement Home Theatre, pickup a couple Blu-Ray movies, and enjoy evening at home.

What we have in the picture is the new Pioneer 60" Plasma and Pioneer Elite Receiver discussed earlier, two new vertical media stands, several Blu-rays, and HDMI cables for wire management. When I rewired the system, I took out close to 40 lbs of cables. It was a mess. Anyways, we really like the setup both asthetically and functionally.

Looks just fantastic, Pako. 👍

I also really like the colour scheme you got there, similar to the one I'll be putting on my living room in a few weeks; I'm tired of the all-white walls.

Thanks guys. I think it's a huge improvement over the prior setup. Much cleaner, IMO. You can thank my wife for the color scheme. She has full reigns on the colors of the house and decorating in general. :)

It is great, however I do wish more video editing programs worked with its own version of uncompressed AVI.

So how's the quality? Are you using the capture side for just manual capturing or for DVR scheduling type functions?

What I'm asking I guess is what are you using it for and how does it work?

@UnoMOTO,
How do you like the wheel? It's sooooo tempting. I thought about waiting for the new speculated wireless G25 GT, but who knows if it's real or how long it will before it's release.

:cheers:

@UnoMOTO,
How do you like the wheel? It's sooooo tempting.

I really wasn't planning on getting a wheel. I tried a $20 hunk a junk a few years back and didn't think it would be worth spending some real money on. It mainly came up because I couldn't think of anything else that I wanted for my B-day. So with that in mind and the 3 hours I spent with it last night I think it is fantastic! It really does make the game better and way more fun to play. I would predict that in a relatively short time I think I can get back down to the lap times I've done with the controller. With online racing and the length of time I will probably use it once GT5 comes out I’d say that it will be worth the money.

I finally gave into the kids and picked up a.......

nintendo_wii_1.jpg

....with an extra...

B000IMYKQ0-1-lg.jpg

.....and this for the wife (and maybe help me dispose of some of the beer related weight)...

wii%20fit%203.jpg

...actually that one's not here yet (on order due to lack of stock - big surprise).

Well I guess I now have to start saving for a new Home Cinema amp again, damn.

Scaff

Just purchased my parents on of these (I'm typing from it now) such a nice bit of kit, its really made me want a Macbook pro.

overview_hero20080226.jpg

Back