The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,605 comments
Neat shot of the City Center under construction in LV.

270816804318787cce9ebve5.jpg

I would say something like no fake pictures please, but I'm afraid I'd be proven wrong seconds later and end up looking like a dick.

I would say something like no fake pictures please, but I'm afraid I'd be proven wrong seconds later and end up looking like a dick.

I feel the same way but in the case of what daan posted, whatever has been done to the pictures has been done so well that it really get's you thinking. The first and last ones just about took my breath away as well. :scared:

Not a photo but some of you might think its cool.

Small:
2546518268305514d01ebga4.jpg

Large:

BUT...just so you are not dissapointed with this post I will add another amazing night shot of Hong Kong. It's such a great looking city that was done so badly in GT4.

Hong_Kong_Night_Skyline.jpg

holyyy it's gigantic.
what is it? a mine digger?

Thats a pic of one of the tracks that the marion 6360 strip shovel used, (mining digger) , one track link was as heavy as two average cars, the digger itself was 21 stories high and weighed about 32.627865 pounds. Back then (1965) it was the biggest moving object ever built by man. Sadly, a hydraulic fluid pipe broke and set the digger on fire, it was never repaired and was scrapped after decades of service. The dipper held 180 cubic yard or 600000 pounds load. It ran electically. (note the electric cable between the tracks)

The railing you can see everywhere on the digger was 6 feet tall.
marion6360.jpg

bagerbp6.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a pic of one of the tracks that the marion 6360 strip shovel used, (mining digger) , one track link was as heavy as two average cars, the digger itself was 21 stories high and weighed about 32.627865 pounds. Back then (1965) it was the biggest moving object ever built by man. Sadly, a hydraulic fluid pipe broke and set the digger on fire, it was never repaired and was scrapped after decades of service. The dipper held 180 cubic yard or 600000 pounds load. It ran electically. (note the electric cable between the tracks)

The railing you can see everywhere on the digger was 6 feet tall.
Is that the one that sits abandoned in Kentucky? I know there is a large coal shovel in Western Kentucky, near Muhlenberg, that you can see from the parkway.

I don't know if it is the same one but it is a large one.

Last edited:
sizephpasdasdasdeb0.jpg

"These blast points - too accurate for Sand People. Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise." [/BENKENOBI]​

So you just plug the excavator in? That must be a hell of an outlet :lol:.

@JoeyD

Well, I cannot remember the correct numbers but afaik it needed as much electric power as a town with 2 million inhabitants, the power came from a coal-burning power plant. You have to remember in 1965 the word ''economy'' wasnt so well known. :scared:
I dont know what exactely happened to the Captain Marion 6360, but afaik its scrap, must be some other digger, perhaps the silver spade.

Since some people seem to like big diggers - as do I- some more pics.
Big Brutus: (saved as museum :dopey:)
4744736-lg.jpg

1000888pi7.jpg

Big Muskie drag line: ( scrapped :guilty:)
With boom 222.2 feet high, (22 stories), with boom 487 feet long, 62000hp with 10 engines, 30.864.197 pounds heavy.-

Big-Muskie-work-739594.jpg

Big muskie digger spare bucket: (saved)
muskiebucket1.jpg

The silver spade: (scrapped :guilty: )
14.000.000 pounds service weight; shovel capacity 110 cubic yard, 220 feet overall height.
silver_spade1.jpg

Silver spade shovel:
silver_spade2.jpg

silverspade4.jpg

All mentioned diggers are out of service and all but one are scrapped. Todays diggers are 1/3 of their size but inexpensive, thats why they had to make place for the newer ones.

Last edited:
Either that or it runs on about 10,000 AAA Duracell Batteries!
Which is really a good deal if you get the rechargeable NiMH ones.

I just hope it can recharge via USB because my wall charger only holds four.

Back