Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,629 comments
So, I bought a new joy and an old favorite.

In that order? :odd: :P

Anyway, a minor purchase for me:

samsung-hl61a750-lcd.jpg

1055_front.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

got 2 sets of brand new unopened discontinued Integra Type R floor mats in. Not that I'll ever use them as my car gets driven less than 10 miles a year :) But I may crack one open just to throw in there for shows.

Also got the interior A-pillar trim since my old one had been drilled for a gauge cluster long ago that I relocated.

mats01.jpg

In that order? :odd: :P
Good point. No, I discovered The Last Unicorn as a child and later became a fan of Beagle's writing. He even does some stuff for some short fiction audio podcasts.

Nice TV too. Did the price come back down?

Is it going to be driven more in the future?

Somewhat, but not really. Although I enjoy knowing that I have a car that's tough to find with so low miles on it, I'm so OCD that I really don't want to drive it for fear of having more miles on it than what I've got. It kind of sucks, actually! :( I'm taking it to the east coast honda meet in like 2 months, and I may hit one or two other shows with it this year but that's about it. I'm driving it to the honda meet only because it's so close to me. If I go to something further out I might trailer it. Life of a garage queen I guess...

Nice TV too. Did the price come back down?

Not all the way, but about $50 less. My parents' monitor died (after 6 years of faithful service) so I gave them my current screen (20" Dell 2007WFP) and got a slight upgrade. :D (I paid about 90% of the cost for the new one though.)

I got Baraka because it's supposed to be one of the most stunning films ever made (at least in the visual department.) That was also my first Blu-Ray movie 👍

Somewhat, but not really. Although I enjoy knowing that I have a car that's tough to find with so low miles on it, I'm so OCD that I really don't want to drive it for fear of having more miles on it than what I've got. It kind of sucks, actually! :( I'm taking it to the east coast honda meet in like 2 months, and I may hit one or two other shows with it this year but that's about it. I'm driving it to the honda meet only because it's so close to me. If I go to something further out I might trailer it. Life of a garage queen I guess...
What a waste that will be.

You should track the thing, give it the life it wants and deserves.👍

Somewhat, but not really. Although I enjoy knowing that I have a car that's tough to find with so low miles on it, I'm so OCD that I really don't want to drive it for fear of having more miles on it than what I've got. It kind of sucks, actually! :(

Sounds like mine. Or, it's not that my mileage is very low, it's just that I'm afraid of something happening to it.. It's crazy really, on three weeks I put more miles on my daily than I did to my fun car between April and December last year.
There's a good part about driving your car very little though.. The time you take it out is feelgood-time. Small miles, big smiles :)

Today I bought myself a new suit like this one for the wedding at the weekend;

02E04TBLK_large.jpg

It's not really red, for some reason the photo on the website appears that way. It's black with grey stripes and I chose a white shirt with blue stripes instead of the one shown there. The shoes were plain black ones.

It was on a special offer where you buy the jacket and trousers and get the shirt, tie and shoes free. Total price for the lot? £99. I'm chuffed to bits with it, especially as the offer ended today :D

I love those Twingos! I do think they would look miles better if the fog light cutouts were a lot smaller though.

My aunt in Holland drives a Kango, by Renault. She said it was a van. So, it looks like Renault likes to name their cars after the word 'go,' uh?

It's a Kangoo, not Kango!

It's convenient to me right now. I work for Renault, so get good discount and cheap finance. I couldn't afford to run two cars and after owning a new car, I considered buying a second hand one to be a step backwards. So this is my weapon of choice for the next 2-3 years!

Should get me around the Nurburgring, Bridge to Gantry in around the 9min mark on a clean lap.

latest stuff:

Manfrotto superclamp:
035600425.jpg

Manfrotto 484RC2 quick release ball head:
trimanhead484rc2.jpg

Painters pole doubleing for an el'cheap'o boom:
1963medium.jpg

2 Manfrotto vacuum cups with attached superclamps:
dsc6958.jpg

By your powers combined, I am Captain Plan... i mean camera car rig!

It's a Kangoo, not Kango!

It's convenient to me right now. I work for Renault, so get good discount and cheap finance. I couldn't afford to run two cars and after owning a new car, I considered buying a second hand one to be a step backwards. So this is my weapon of choice for the next 2-3 years!

Should get me around the Nurburgring, Bridge to Gantry in around the 9min mark on a clean lap.

Kangoo! OK, got it.

She's been driving a Renault since the early 70's and has NEVER bought anything else. Loyal customer, she is. You should give her a loyalty discount. ;)

Nice stuff there Syntax Error. Make sure you have a good sturdy painters pole because a lot of them are prone to flexing due to lack of rigidity.

Look forward to seeing your images :)

Nice stuff there Syntax Error. Make sure you have a good sturdy painters pole because a lot of them are prone to flexing due to lack of rigidity.

Look forward to seeing your images :)

I must have looked like an idiot in the hardware store the other day when I was waving around the different poles at full extension testing how much they flex :lol:

I'm pretty happy with the one I finally settled with but I'm already drawing up plans to build a sturdier design....

Summer?

Don't you mean one weekend at Deals Gap?

At least that's how it was for a few buddies of mine.
I agree. UnoMOTO, you best be making a road trip on your bike to the Dragon. Go during the week--much less traffic and fewer cops. Not that you'd speed, of course. Also, maybe surprisingly, night time is by far the safest time to go fast. But have a few cruises up and down during the day so you can get a feel for the fairly predictable shape of the road.

Summer?

Don't you mean one weekend at Deals Gap?

At least that's how it was for a few buddies of mine.

The rear of that set should get me 3K to 4k of fairly aggressive riding. Ether your buddies are leaving out part of the story or they are including the ride all the way across the country. Is it possible that they are running some DOT spec race tires? Those, I could see being eaten up in a weekend.

I agree. UnoMOTO, you best be making a road trip on your bike to the Dragon. Go during the week--much less traffic and fewer cops. Not that you'd speed, of course. Also, maybe surprisingly, night time is by far the safest time to go fast. But have a few cruises up and down during the day so you can get a feel for the fairly predictable shape of the road.

I’m sooo torn on the gap now. After following the Killboy site for a year now, it seems hardly worth it to make the trip all the way out there. The traffic, trucks and the cops might make a huge let down. I could see a reason for a flat lander to go but I have all these mountains to explore. Of course I’d want to go just to say I did it but…..

The traffic can certainly be a pain in the ass--but only really a problem on weekends. It really is quite a fun road trip with friends. And the reason most people say night is the safest is because there is little to no traffic all night long, if there are cars you can see them coming from afar, and the risk of animals running out in front of you is negligible because of all the cliffs and whatnot.

As long as you don't visit the Tree of Shame and see the gas tank that says "Slayed the Dragon, Turkey Got Me". Yeah. Not a clue how a damn turkey got there.

Back