Finally weve got SOUND! just like NFS:shift, and scratches on all cars :)

• Thread starter Don Juan
  • 152 comments
scratches look good but the sound isnt much different from the f430 sound is it ? Still sounds pretty bad in my opinion
edit: it seems to me pd is having trouble getting the higher rpm sounds right. low revs sound good but high revs still sounds like a vacuum cleaner

Thats not damage thats just paint being removed, and the sound isnt incredible,very "prologue F430 imo" and there is still a lack of smoke

I made these SS's on
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/857126/gran-turismo-5/videos/gt5_tgs09_gmp_amg.html
Look at the GT-R.. it has some white decal or something. Livery editor anyone?
89661009.png

naamloosdx.png

If you watch the video.. its there on every angle you see the car, so I doubt it's a gfx glitch. But it could also be some tuned GT-R I don't know

458 sound is the SAME as F430 and California in Prologue... just wait man! the car was unveild @ Frankfurt

Yeah unfortunately the sounds still don't seem much different than prologue....doubt it will change much from now until March or so....never know for sure, but I'm not expecting much of a difference 6 months from now.

GREAT to see the scratches/damage though! It's definitely better than nothing, especially if mechanical damage is in.

....i don't know, i kind of like how the F430 and california sounded in Prologue, especially on a good system, It sounds like the real car's should sound, It sounds like a "HIGH" pitch ferrari.

scratches look good but the sound isnt much different from the f430 sound is it ? Still sounds pretty bad in my opinion
edit: it seems to me pd is having trouble getting the higher rpm sounds right. low revs sound good but high revs still sounds like a vacuum cleaner

Yeah, exactly.
I dont quite get the thread title, it sound exactly like Prologue. :indiff:

And, I wouldn't be surprised if they just borrowed the sound from the F430 for now. Maybe they haven't finished it yet.

And it's def. not a glitch on the GTR, and it's only on the right side.

My need for violent destruction tells me that GT5's damaging model isn't all that great. That sound is cool, but nothing like NFS:S. I think they got their sound right.

Damage in Chadwicksracing's View is:
  • Tires flying off, or blowing up, shredding..ect
  • Engine smoke, oil spraying, fires and ceasing to function
  • doors flying off
  • front end crumple like an accordion

You know the realistic things? "We are going to do damage the right way..." That is not the right way. Even that damage with the Subby wasn't all that impressive.

I am growing tried of the Slogan "The ultimate driving simulator" ect.

Should I expect less?

GT sound is good enough. The sounds in Shift and other games seem to me much more exaggerated as you only get that kind of loud raw sounds when you strip everything away in a racecar. Remember that most cars you get in GT still have something called soundproofing which suppresses the sound. To that I think it sounds pretty realistic.
My need for violent destruction tells me that GT5's damaging model isn't all that great. That sound is cool, but nothing like NFS:S. I think they got their sound right.

Damage in Chadwicksracing's View is:
  • Tires flying off, or blowing up, shredding..ect
  • Engine smoke, oil spraying, fires and ceasing to function
  • doors flying off
  • front end crumple like an accordion

You know the realistic things? "We are going to do damage the right way..." That is not the right way. Even that damage with the Subby wasn't all that impressive.

I am growing tried of the Slogan "The ultimate driving simulator" ect.

Should I expect less?
Prepare to be disappointed. Unless you're talking about the ULTIMATE driving simulator... what game is that?

GT sound is good enough. The sounds in Shift and other games seem to me much more exaggerated as you only get that kind of loud raw sounds when you strip everything away in a racecar. Remember that most cars you get in GT still have something called soundproofing which suppresses the sound. To that I think it sounds pretty realistic.
Prepare to be disappointed.

I like the sound in GT too, but I like it more in NFS:S. I like that exaggerated feel. I also like that fact that you can hear your car over the other cars. In GT its hard to tell where you engine is at with a few cars around you.

Prepare to be disappointed. Unless you're talking about the ULTIMATE driving simulator... what game is that?

I am prepared. heh. Thanks!

Engine sounds great, what its missing is the sound of the transmission wining,
chassis sounds etc., but those things of corse would be less pronounced in a production car.

:)

What is your problem Don Juan? You got me excited for a second but that's nothing like nfs shift or real sounds!!! Still prologue style.

Last edited:
I dunno...I compared the sound to the real car from the following video and they sounded pretty similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lO4KQ74r3g&feature=player_embedded#t=33

I compared 00:25 from this video to 00:25 (I know same times...weird) from the IGN video because they both sorta show the drone of the engine winding down and then revving from about idle.

What do you guys think?
well they do sound similar - a lil bit... the problem is PD just took all the balls out It's too clean in the upper rpm range and even in lower rpms it just doesn't sound wild enough

If you watch the rest of that 458 video you posted you can clearly hear that there is something very very wrong with GT's sound

Last edited:
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/857126/gran-turismo-5/videos/gt5_tgs09_0926_damage1.html

That damage and time it by 3 and I would be happy with their version of damage. Some of those cars hit hard and there would be nothing left to the car after that.

There is another post that tell us that every car will have Quote: Damage :End-Quote. Which is cool, but when someone slams a car into a guard-rail at 90 miles per hour, that car should be underivable afterward. And maybe it will be with GT5, but with the videos I am seeing, that is not the case.

Read here: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1028707p1.html

Last edited:
By the way guys. Back to the 160 "premium" cars with interior AND damage or something.. I think they meant that only the "premium" cars will see in-car damage, and that all cars have an interior. Because the 458 and the SLS both have an interior but no damage..

Oh lord..

Now people dont like the sound anymore? PD reads these forums and now it will be delayed another 6 months because you guys want better sound in the game.

Cheeeeerrs! :):lol:

well they do sound similar - a lil bit... the problem is PD just took all the balls out It's too clean in the upper rpm range and even in lower rpms it just doesn't sound wild enough

If you watch the rest of that 458 video you posted you can clearly hear that there is something very very wrong with GT's sound

I completely agree. I think the intensity isn't there. I was just showing that there was a resemblance and it's not completely synthesized with a generic sound....I think. :\

Back