Pennsylvania
Darkdeeds427
TunercarGrandPrix.jpg

Round Five
Deep Forest Raceway

Discuss only T-times.
Typical OLR Rules Apply:

No wall touching. Period.
Keep 2 wheels on the track or rumblestrips at all times.
Deep Forest Special Rules: Gray Concrete portions are not legal for use.
No hybrids
No Cheating of any kind

Time Submission:
Send your time via PM to me, including splits and final run.
Submit the time listed in replay file name by 11:59 PM Saturday, December 19th (GMT-5). You may run as often or as little as you like; you've got the full week to perfect your line and gain the fastest single lap that you can. Please mark it as Week ‘X’ Final Time. Also, Please list what team you drive for along with your splits. :) Try to make it that you don’t resend your times via PM; that can save headache on my part. :lol:
Any questions or comments, ask them in the Discussion Thread.
Pictures are welcome! Show the beauties!!!👍👍👍👍

This Weeks Results
1st: Smallhorses------RVV----24.525---52.554---1'13.945
2nd: Jetboy----------JHoS----24.421---52.491---1'14.091
3rd: Austin348--------JHoS----24.692---52.918---1'14.354
4th: Greycap---------MFT----25.014---53.276---1'14.902
5th: KingofWeasels---MFT----25.069---53.631---1'15.710
6th: oldmodelt-------MFT----25.508---54.952---1'17.290
7th: shoman---------SPM----26.111---56.211---1'19.020

Current Garage Standings
1st: Jet's House of Speed--------166 Points (132+34)
2nd: Mad FinnTuners------------131 Points (105+26)
3rd: RVV Motor Works-----------130 Points (110+20)
4th: Shogun Performance--------34 Points (24+10)
5th: East Coast Tuners----------16 Points (16+0)
6th: Muscle Car Gargage----------8 Points (8+0)

Current Individual Standings
1st: Smallhorses-------92 Points (72+20)
2nd: Austin343--------90 Points (74+16)
3rd: Greycap----------76 Points (62+14)
---: Jetboy-----------76 Points (58+18)
5th: KingofWeasels----44 Points (32+12)
6th: TheStig13--------30 Points (30+0)
7th: sejtur------------24 Points (24+0)
8th: Leonidae---------24 Points (24+0)
9th: shoman----------20 Points (12+8)
10th: ABud-----------16 Points (16+0)
11th: Pitracer100-----12 Points (12+0)
12th: oldmodelt-------10 Points (0+10)
----: SVX------------10 Points (10+0)
14th: Adamgp---------2 Points (2+0)
15th: Rotary Junkie----0 Points (0+0)
16th: LancerEvo-------0 Points (0+0)
17th: senamic---------0 Points (0+0)
18th: VTiRoj-----------0 Points (0+0)

Last edited:
Deep Forest? Going to the right direction? Finally a track I'm well acquainted with! Oooh boy, I know the lines through this baby.. :mischievous:

Deep Forest (with only one "r" ;)) always has a frustrating number of gray areas. Even something as seemingly all-encompassing as "If it's paved, you can use it" doesn't make everything clear. I assume that we can use the huge concrete slabs :yuck:, but what about the "grasscrete"? It's green, but it's hard, so is it paved?

The combo is one of those that's annoying and yet addictive, and I spent an hour or more to get a 24.312 - 52.520 lap. The first sector is mediocre - I can get a 24.1 - but the rest of the lap is pretty good, if not the best I can do. I have to upshift to fifth gear too early coming to the finish line because, as I learned on one of my earlier best laps, the bumps can sometimes make the car hit the rev limiter, which, of course, then releases the throttle for a second or two. :banghead:

weee.. This is fast and fun track as I suspected. Drifting is actually almost required here in order to keep speed in few spots, and this M3 does that without missing a step. torque monsters might have problems on this track due the bumpyness.

Deep Forest (with only one "r" ;)) always has a frustrating number of gray areas. Even something as seemingly all-encompassing as "If it's paved, you can use it" doesn't make everything clear. I assume that we can use the huge concrete slabs :yuck:, but what about the "grasscrete"? It's green, but it's hard, so is it paved?

The combo is one of those that's annoying and yet addictive, and I spent an hour or more to get a 24.312 - 52.520 lap. The first sector is mediocre - I can get a 24.1 - but the rest of the lap is pretty good, if not the best I can do. I have to upshift to fifth gear too early coming to the finish line because, as I learned on one of my earlier best laps, the bumps can sometimes make the car hit the rev limiter, which, of course, then releases the throttle for a second or two. :banghead:
Actually, no, the slabs aren't legal. That was a carry-over from last week that I forgot to edit out. The grass-crete still requires two wheels on track at all times. ;)

Last edited:
Oh. In that case, my splits above are invalid. :dunce: But thank you for maintaining the way in which Deep Forest is supposed to be driven. 👍

What do you mean? Just get some laps in and record what's fastest. :lol:

Cheers,
Corey

Like you do a lap,and instead of exiting and another,you just keep on going (fly by).

A "fly-by" is more-or-less a necessity here for a quick lap as you don't get time to build up to maximum speed for beginning the lap from a reset.
Had a preliminary run, sticking to the clean rules and avoiding the concrete and grasscrete areas, but didn't get a good fully clean lap that I was happy with.
Best marginally dirty splits I've seen so far are in the 24.8xx & 53.2xx range, but I'm up at 5am tomorrow to head back to Logan, UT for a couple of days...:indiff: so I'll not have chance to run more until I get back.

I'm off to bed...

Last edited:
Kicked out something around 25-30 laps, absoloutely possessed.. :D

T1: '24.356
T2: '52.718

I love it, I'm actually feeling quick this week. :mischievous:

Cheers,
Corey

Jetboy., are you sure that you aren't using the concrete before the corner before T1? :odd: I can almost always at least envision fast split times, even if I can't attain them myself, but this one has me stumped. The best that I can imagine doing is about 24.5, and that's with only a sliver of the right-side tires still on the curbing. Would you mind describing your first sector? I suspect that my problem may lie in the first corner, which I can never get right. And yes, I'm continuing sets of laps and not quitting them so that I can cross the line at about 148 mph.

Anyway, I have a new best lap with splits of 24.692 - 52.918. It was a little bit too neat for my liking; it seems like using more of the grass and curbs should be faster, but at least for this lap, it wasn't. I didn't remember that my sister had swapped the memory cards to play DDR, so I actually did this on my backup game save, which had the Shelby with only a few miles recorded on the odometer. :dopey: The difference was actually noticeable, although I suspect that if I had refreshed the rigidity on the car on the other save, it would have felt the same.

There are occasions where my skin takes on a greener hue than normal. DF is one of the places. :lol:

But, since you asked, here's a detailed account of my T1.

Cross line at approximately 146 mph
Brake for first left hairpin to about 48 mph, late apex around 72, shift to third.
Crest the hill at around 101 mph, already in 4th
Reach the right-hand kink after the hill at about 115, jab brakes to 104.
Right hand kink's late apex sets up for late apex on the rumble strips of the concrete, about 94 mph.
Brake to take right turn into tunnel (68 mph)
Cross T1 at 77 mph.

Now, as far as I remember it stated, two wheels must be on track at all times, and rumble strips are part of the track, therefore this is entirely legal.

IMG0019-1.jpg

Threading The Needle At 94 mph

Cheers,
Jetboy

Thank you. 👍 I think I'm losing some time in the first corner, and the rest by turning in at the wrong time for the "concrete corner," because I can't think of how to maintain that speed while still being able to take the next turn at 68 (sometimes, it's as low as 58 for me). I'm amazed that you can go that fast with your tires still that far from being out of bounds; I just need to practice my line there. :)

My pleasure man. 👍 It's about this close to being totally out of control, I'm driving my heart out. :lol:

Cheers
Corey

T1: 26.111
T2: 56.211

car feels pretty good here, just got to get the lines right!

Funny thing is the 350Z is better(for me) through the concrete corner but the M3 makes up for it after that. T's right with shoman's. But I have very few miles on car yet.

And shoman. Used to have a Taurus GL until some elderly lady creamed me last summer. Had 130,000 on it. Ran like a top. Was a great car.

PS. It just happened to be a '98 also. Drove the GT4 version in ways I never would have IRL.

Last edited:
Nice, I'm going to have to lay down some better times then.... Love Taurus's! I need a better driving skills! lol

Funny thing is the 350Z is better(for me) through the concrete corner but the M3 makes up for it after that. T's right with shoman's. But I have very few miles on car yet.

And shoman. Used to have a Taurus GL until some elderly lady creamed me last summer. Had 130,000 on it. Ran like a top. Was a great car.

Nice, I'm going to have to lay down some better times then.... Love Taurus's! I need a better driving skills! lol

Geez, am I that bad?

Jetboy. Now, as far as I remember it stated, two wheels must be on track at all times, and rumble strips are part of the track, therefore this is entirely legal.

Thanks for the pic.

I just don't get it. I can match Jetboy's speeds, +/- 2 mph, and still have absolutely no hope of getting anywhere close. If I had dramatically less acceleration I wouldn't be cresting the hill at 100 mph, if I had less grip I wouldn't be taking the first right sweeper at 106 mph. It must be in the left kink then but half a second in one corner that doesn't even open to a long straight... mysterious.

57 lap session.

I'm done.

Cheers,
Jetboy

Last edited:
Bringing up the rear. M3 was .220 faster than the 350Z.

Times submitted

Last hour to submit folks, looks like a fun week, but we have lacking amounts of people here.. :(

Cheers,
Corey

LOL... I don't know, I just started to see you drive? I'm not the best driver... so I can't tell until you start beating me lol

Geez, am I that bad?

Jetboy. Now, as far as I remember it stated, two wheels must be on track at all times, and rumble strips are part of the track, therefore this is entirely legal.

Thanks for the pic.

Back