Renown Tuning ™ WTC 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Formal practice sessions mean nothing other then not having an officially scheduled practice round. You can practice yourself when and wherever you like when there isn't one, when there is a "formal" practice session that means you can only practice on the specified track and for a specified time period.

Just review the first round again and you'll see what I mean.

Ok, I think I understand that. My bad...:guilty:

Road America ?? :scared: The most hateful / hurtful track from them all. Alongside the SPA, where you can gain time by going off the track, taking turns very wide.

Road America is not track that I think you can gain time by going off the track or taking turns wide. Besides if I remember correctly you had the fastest time in the DBR9 during league races so I'm not buying the poor me statement :P I have a feeling that this TT will be decided by hundredths of a second since were all so close...

Oh, crap...look at me all off schedule. :ill:

Round 4 has officially begun.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing this competition incorrectly. :confused: I only do one Time Attack and take my best lap time. Is that how everyone else does it? In this last one I took my best guess at the tuning settings that would control that wild rear-end of the 370z and then just did the TT. As you can see from the result, I had a rough time of it.

The interpretation of " formal practice session " will need to be clarified.
I think you have it wrong Manny, if not then l have it wrong , because l ran 4 practice sessions while tuning before l ran the final time that l submitted.
The referee should be here soon. lol

What I do, if its not an officially scheduled practice, and I hope I'm right. I'll run 2 or 3 four lap practice sessions, like NITROVIOUS, I tuned the 370z in those sessions, then run only one time attack and submitted my best time from that time trial. If its an officially scheduled practice, I'll only practice at that time, but still only do one time trial and submitted my best time. I hope that's OK.
I think Manny, you should have had some more practice sessions to tune the 370z in before you ran the time trial. 👍

What I do, if its not an officially scheduled practice, and I hope I'm right. I'll run 2 or 3 four lap practice sessions, like NITROVIOUS, I tuned the 370z in those sessions, then run only one time attack and submitted my best time from that time trial. If its an officially scheduled practice, I'll only practice at that time, but still only do one time trial and submitted my best time. I hope that's OK.
I think Manny, you should have had some more practice sessions to tune the 370z in before you ran the time trial. 👍

:lol: Yeah, you and me both!

NOTE: The tuning profile for the MP4-12C has been lightly updated. I apologize for not being able to do it beforehand, but please, check the tune on the first page and notice the following updates for...

Rear Camber
Final, 4th, 5th, and 6th Gear Ratios
Cooler Radiator Opening.

You are killing me T-12! For punishment you should have to read and translate a paragraph of ZZTopBosco's finest work :lol:

You are killing me T-12! For punishment you should have to read and translate a paragraph of ZZTopBosco's finest work :lol:

I've already been down that road several times, and I ended up reporting that last bit of dribble he wrote because it hurt my head so damn badly.

Please, not again.

Yeah. Got a problem with that? :P

No, seriously, if there is a problem let me know.

No it's cool , fortunately l can't get busted for D.U.I. in my living room .
Now my wife is laughing at me and threatening to call up the RIDE program.

The results of Round 4 are as follows

1st: R.W. - 2:01.441 (+18 Points)
2nd: darkos - 2:01.516 (+14 Points)
3rd: NITROVIOUS - 2:02.168 (+10 Points)
4th: MannyMoenjack - 2:02.888 (+9 Points)
5th: OZR-MrB52 - 2:03.022 (+8 Points)
6th: Terronium-12 - 2:04.273 (+7 Points)

Congratulations to R.W. for taking the lead by .075!, with darkos right behind him. A good race all around, and I'm certain had I been able to use my wheel I would not have ended up in the position I'm in. :D

First page has been updated, Round 5 next Tuesday.

No two week break this time. :D

Very nice Ricky. 👍

Second lap Enjoy.

That was my firs full TT run with Manual transmission.

Great lap RW, that's fast. Manny very close again, mate. Good fast laps Darkos and Nitro.
I didn't use the up date to the tune so did it make any difference the lap times? It was 4.40am for me when the tune up date was posted and I had all ready run my time trial.
Bring on round 5. :crazy: 👍

Yes it did change lap time for me. I was very surprised by that sudden change. Car behave different, especially 6 gear i could push in lot earlier.

My previous lap time was 2:01:696 and i was done. But Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in. T-12 put some changes and i had to go again. Which for me was tough because thats full attack on manual.

-----------

Ricky, One question! Why join now? So late. As i see you would probably be 1st in general classification. Anyway I'm happy for some tight and close competition.

Last edited:
I didn't use the up date to the tune so did it make any difference the lap times? It was 4.40am for me when the tune up date was posted and I had all ready run my time trial.

The gearing on the updated tune was much better for Road America and made about a half second per lap difference. At this time I use a pad with automatic transmission but would shift when I was in 4th & 5th at 7800 rpm to gain a little extra speed. The key for me at Road America is always the first corner. In the McLaren if I ever dipped under 150km in the first corner I knew I was in for a average lap...

Yes it did change lap time for me. I was very surprised by that sudden change. Car behave different, especially 6 gear i could push in lot earlier.

My previous lap time was 2:01:696 and i was done. But Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in. T-12 put some changes and i had to go again. Which for me was tough because thats full attack on manual.

Ricky, One question! Why join now? So late. As i see you would probably be 1st in general classification. Anyway I'm happy for some tight and close competition.

The early spring time for me at work is pretty hectic and free time is pretty rare during that time is the main reason I didn't join the the WTC early on or do the league races. Position or points really don't mean that much to me. My favorite things about shift is a good close race with the boyz or doing private TT with buddies. I got a little lucky this week because the first time I turned in was 2:01.937.

I'm considering having an off-schedule session today, if you guys aren't busy...let me know and I'll set it up.

Last round was pretty exhausting for me. So little break is good.

RickyRacer
The key for me at Road America is always the first corner. In the McLaren if I ever dipped under 150km in the first corner I knew I was in for a average lap..

For Ricky first turn was hard, for me it was the second one. If i spoil that, it was all over.

NITROVIOUS
Congratulations Ricky & Darkos very good times , well done !

I did very good 2:02:051 so i noticed that 2:01:xxx was in reach but i had to crack it that second turn. So this become my obsession for this round. Ill remember when you, me and Ricky had DBR9 race on R.A. I somehow knew that we will be having 2:01 battle just like Ricky said. Epic one. It seems like we really fight for every 0:00:100 from your lap times. 👍 That must be truly the edge of that McLaren + Road Emerica combination.

Round 5 has been posted onto the first page; remember, the start times are native to all contenders' native time zones. Since I'm in the US (EST) I won't change the status to "currently underway" until it's 11:59 PM here (New York).

If there's any confusion to this, please, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back