#TheCardboardBox Tuning |Touge|Wangan|

Which kinds of setups would you like to see more of from us?

• Purpose built Race-Cars

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • High-Performance Touge (>530PP)

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • L.o.t.S. Touge (Class A, B, C)

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Wangan

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Track-Ready Street Cars

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ToscanaTarmac.jpg

Crying Pluto '12 Zodiacs'
High End Performance G37

GT Auto:
Metallic Red Respray

Tale of the Tape:
600PP
594hp/7900rpm | 448ft-lb/4900rpm
1266kg
Model: Premium
Type: Touge

Upgrades:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Racing Exhaust
Mid RPM Range Turbo
Transmission: 6 Speed Close Ratio
F/C LSD
F/C Suspension

Tyres:
Sports: Soft

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
6 Speed Close Ratio

L.S.D.:
0 - 6
0 - 10
0 - 8

Suspension:
Height: -10/-10
Spring Rate: 13.1/11.5
Damper Extension: 5/8
Damper Compression: 5/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/5
Camber: 1.8/1.4
Tow: -0.23/-0.03

Downforce
F - 20 : R - 38

Brakes:
7 - 6

Ballast:
0kg

Crying Pluto is no slouch when it comes to racing with a TV and PS3 in the back, It maybe bulky and have nearly the same front end settings to Purple Meteor, but when it comes to the touge it certainly holds its own place on the pass....

Last edited:
Update III:

Nearing completion of Artemis. Lancer Evolution X. And adding onto the gods is Helios, the Sun God. Ferrari F430. Both coming in at 550PP

Incoming Shipments Updated

ClubmanStageRoute5_1.jpg

Dark Ringleader '12 Zodiacs'
Chevolet Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '90

GT Auto:
Metallic Orange Respray : Engine Restore : Chassis Restore

Tale of the Tape:
583PP
754hp/7500rpm | 383ft-lb/5500rpm
1302kg
Model: Standard
Type: Wangan

Upgrades:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Transmission: F/C
F/C LSD
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
F/C Suspension

Tyres:

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
1st: 3.347
2nd: 2.192
3rd: 1.557
4th: 1.193
5th: 0.948
6th: 0.779
Final: 2.472
Max Speed: 211 Mph
(Set Max Speed, Individual Gears Then Final Gear)

L.S.D.:
0 - 9
0 - 49
0 - 12

Suspension:
Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 10.5/13.5
Damper Extension: 6/8
Damper Compression: 5/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/5
Camber: 0.5/0.5
Tow: -0.20/0.20

Downforce
No Downforce

Brakes:
7 - 6

Ballast:
0kg

Good for 245Mph without draft, Dark Ringleader can and will give the supra's a hard time.

Last edited:
ToscanaTarmac_1.jpg

No Crown King '12 Zodiacs'
Amuse 380RS Super Leggera

GT Auto:
Metallic White Respray : Oil Change

Tale of the Tape:
589PP
534hp/7500rpm | 383ft-lb/5500rpm
1370kg

Upgrades:
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Transmission: 6 Speed Close Ratio
F/C LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
F/C Suspension

Tyres:

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
6 Speed Close Ratio

L.S.D.:
0 - 15
0 - 18
0 - 10

Suspension:
Height: -5/-5
Spring Rate: 12.6/10.5
Damper Extension: 5/9
Damper Compression: 4/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/5
Camber: 1.6/1.4
Tow: -0.17/-0.03

Downforce
F - 20 : R - 35

Brakes:
7 - 8

Ballast:
0kg

No Crown King is a Z with attitude when on the Touge or Track.
This Z will put up a fight with others and the driver if not handled lightly...

Last edited:
ToscanaTarmac-1.jpg

Exotic Eve '12 Zodiacs'
Ferrari California '08

GT Auto:
Metallic Pink Respray : Oil Change : GT Auto Front A : GT Auto Wing A

Tale of the Tape:
595PP
652hp/8400rpm | 448ft-lb/6400rpm
1321kg

Upgrades:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood: Painted
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Racing Exhaust
Transmission: Stock
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
F/C LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
F/C Suspension

Tyres:

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
Stock

L.S.D.:
0 - 5
0 - 15
0 - 7

Suspension:
Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 10.5/10.0
Damper Extension: 5/7
Damper Compression: 4/8
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/5
Camber: 1.5/1.5
Tow: -0.10/-0.07

Downforce
F - 15 : R - 25

Brakes:
5 - 7

Ballast:
0kg

Exotic Eve is a baby Ferrari with a sting in its tail, Watch out its a feisty one :sly:

Last edited:
Update IV:

The title of Artemis has been inherited by the 350Z RS. With front downforce, as well as an adjustable rear spoiler, it is a cornering machine of such prowess the Fairlady Z34 cannot match. On that note, I've embarked on a new side project, The Sisters of Fate (Moirai). A task better suited to the most predominant 4WD JDMs; controlling the very fabric of life and death on the Touge. I won't name the vehicles to take those places yet, but it's rather obvious the Lan Evo X will take its place among the Sisters.

SpecialStageRoute5_1.jpg

Hard Lift '12 Zodiacs'
Shelby Cobra 427 '66

GT Auto:
Yellow Respray : Oil Change

Tale of the Tape:
586PP
764hp/6900rpm | 730ft-lb/4400rpm
918kg
Type: Wangan

Upgrades:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Supercharger
Transmission: F/C
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
F/C LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
F/C Suspension

Tyres:

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
1st: 2.949
2nd: 2.444
3rd: 1.650
4th: 1.184
5th: 0.900
Final: 2.357
Max Speed: 217 Mph
(Set Max Speed, Individual Gears Then Final Gear)

L.S.D.:
0 - 5
0 - 22
0 - 14

Suspension:
Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 13.5/12.7
Damper Extension: 4/9
Damper Compression: 5/8
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/5
Camber: 0.5/0.7
Tow: -0.13/0.10

Downforce
No Downforce

Brakes:
6 - 7

Ballast:
0kg

230+Mph in a car that weights 918Kg sounds crazy, But Hard Lift take it with ease.

Last edited:
OK... so I just noticed why the OP looks fractured. Seems the coding and text for all of that is missing! This is a pain in the ass. I have to account for all that's missing and update the OP.

Shadow Update I
The last of the '12 Zodiacs' is complete as well as the 'Evora Type 124' and these will be released once SolidSnake has sorted a few things out with the OP and the 993TR post. I have been Re-working a few of my current tunes due to flaws i found whilst using them recently, The 458 'Monza' and Furai being two of them. I shall be working through these tunes as i use the cars.

I'm also thinking of reviving a few of my Pre-Spec II setups, Not sure on which ones at the moment...

ToscanaTarmac_1-1-1.jpg

Red Devil '12 Zodiacs'
RUF CTR2 '96

GT Auto:
Metallic Red Respray : Engine Restore : Chassis Restore

Tale of the Tape:
580PP
638hp/6000rpm | 600ft-lb/5000rpm
1214kg
Model: Standard

Upgrades:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo
Transmission: Close Ratio 6 Speed
F/C LSD
Torque Center Differential
F/C Suspension

Tyres:

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
6 Speed Close Ratio

L.S.D.:
7 - 7
25 - 42
9 - 13

Drivetrain:
40 - 60

Suspension:
Height: -18/-18
Spring Rate: 12.3/15.2
Damper Extension: 2/5
Damper Compression: 3/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/2
Camber: 3.0/2.5
Tow: -0.25/0.34

Downforce
No Downforce

Brakes:
7 - 8

Ballast:
0kg

The Red Devil is a 600Bhp+ Ruf with a a Touge attitude.

Last edited:
SpecialStageRoute5_1.jpg

Hard Lift '12 Zodiacs'
Shelby Cobra 427 '66
I normally just lurk in the dark shadows in these forums but your tunes have drawn me out. So far I have been working my own tunes because I see too many tunes on gtplanet with dramatic and hard-to-understand values. Yes those settings may work for some cars but after years of RC Touring Car (1/10 and 1/8) tuning, I am simply unable to put 0.50 front and rear toe (for example) on any car ...it just does not sound right regardless of the differences between IRL and in-game.
Anyway, your tunes always seem to have realistic looking values about them. You do not seem to go for drastic adjustments ...I get the feeling you are refining rather than re-inventing. And who can blame you, I mean just how much can a car like the BMW GTR improve by from a realistic perspective?
Anyway, I will be giving your tunes a shot and will write reviews based on how the cars react to me and my driving style ...starting with the car in the quoted picture. I have never been able to make that car work myself so I am looking forward to giving yours a shot tonite when I get home. I will post my thoughts tonight. Thanks for your efforts. 👍

JohnyPiston
I normally just lurk in the dark shadows in these forums but your tunes have drawn me out. So far I have been working my own tunes because I see too many tunes on gtplanet with dramatic and hard-to-understand values. Yes those settings may work for some cars but after years of RC Touring Car (1/10 and 1/8) tuning, I am simply unable to put 0.50 front and rear toe (for example) on any car ...it just does not sound right regardless of the differences between IRL and in-game.
Anyway, your tunes always seem to have realistic looking values about them. You do not seem to go for drastic adjustments ...I get the feeling you are refining rather than re-inventing. And who can blame you, I mean just how much can a car like the BMW GTR improve by from a realistic perspective?
Anyway, I will be giving your tunes a shot and will write reviews based on how the cars react to me and my driving style ...starting with the car in the quoted picture. I have never been able to make that car work myself so I am looking forward to giving yours a shot tonite when I get home. I will post my thoughts tonight. Thanks for your efforts. 👍

It's always great to hear from our "customers." New or old, skilled or novice. You guys provide insight on whether what we're doing here is meeting and exceeding you demands.

We're greatly looking forward to your reviews and input :) 👍

It's always great to hear from our "customers." New or old, skilled or novice. You guys provide insight on whether what we're doing here is meeting and exceeding you demands.

We're greatly looking forward to your reviews and input :) 👍

So I get home all excited, pick up the Shelby Cobra 427, start implementing your tune, and then I get to the Ride Height of "-25" Front and Rear part. Is that right? Surely that turns the car into a Pan car? Anyway sorry but I do up cars for time attacking The Ring. As I am sure you will understand, suspension travel is obligatory there :-). I will have a look at your other setups ...the GT-R sounds interesting ...and I have a couple of unmodified ones.

Ok, heres an interesting thing, I found this tune some time ago on your thread here, but now i see its gone. Im starting to think it might just be me making it up.

Evo T9
Lancer Evo IX

Tale of the Tape:
499PP
375hp/5600rpm | 353ft-lb/3500rpm
1297kg

Upgrades:
Weight Stage 1
Engine Stage 1/Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold/Racing Filter
Sports Catalytic Converter/Sports Exhaust
Turbo Stage 1
Transmission: Any
F/C LSD
F/C Suspension

AYC: 84
Torque Centre: 37/63

Suspension:
Spring Rate: 5.6/4.4
Damper Extension: 5/6
Damper Compression: 5/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/4
Camber: 3.3/2.8
Tow: -0.25/0.20

Body/Chassis:
Ballast: 62/38 Balance

Brakes:
10/8

Setup by OSE_CAP__SHADOW

Any thoughts?

Ok, heres an interesting thing, I found this tune some time ago on your thread here, but now i see its gone. Im starting to think it might just be me making it up.

Evo T9
Lancer Evo IX

Tale of the Tape:
499PP
375hp/5600rpm | 353ft-lb/3500rpm
1297kg

Upgrades:
Weight Stage 1
Engine Stage 1/Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold/Racing Filter
Sports Catalytic Converter/Sports Exhaust
Turbo Stage 1
Transmission: Any
F/C LSD
F/C Suspension

AYC: 84
Torque Centre: 37/63

Suspension:
Spring Rate: 5.6/4.4
Damper Extension: 5/6
Damper Compression: 5/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/4
Camber: 3.3/2.8
Tow: -0.25/0.20

Body/Chassis:
Ballast: 62/38 Balance

Brakes:
10/8

Setup by OSE_CAP__SHADOW

Any thoughts?

This setup wasn't that good i found so SolidSnake updated it and re-released it on page #1 👍

JohnyPiston
So I get home all excited, pick up the Shelby Cobra 427, start implementing your tune, and then I get to the Ride Height of "-25" Front and Rear part. Is that right? Surely that turns the car into a Pan car? Anyway sorry but I do up cars for time attacking The Ring. As I am sure you will understand, suspension travel is obligatory there :-). I will have a look at your other setups ...the GT-R sounds interesting ...and I have a couple of unmodified ones.

That particular setup is a wangan setup, meant for highway racing, so it's lowered for stability at very high speeds.

If you look sat the legend, on the first post, you will see what the different tab colors mean.

Blue tab w/ red stat numbers are highway tunes. They would work on circuit, but the nurburgring won't be the safest place for those cars.

Blue tab with white stat numbers are track and race ready cars that should work wonders in any track layout.

Green tabs with yellow numbers are touge setups. Specialized for mountain roads. These are the setups we pride ourselves in, here at TCB Tuning. Most of which are tuned with driving feel and overall fun in mind, but simultaneously are tuned to tackle twisting, perilous mountain roads. Like those found on Mt. Aso and Toscana (tarmac) custom tracks. Those often used in the Legend of the Streets touge racing league.

But most of all... The Nurburgring

If hot lapping the ring is your thing, then you will find most satisfaction in our touge setups.

Last edited:
I've incorporated a Touge Course Guide for some of the popular and upcoming custom touge tracks. The section is in post #3, the link is right below the legend on post #1

I'm releasing an updated God of War, Ares tune with a twist as well as a 520PP Impreza. Both made to comply in this months JDM Tuner Shootout. As well as sublime RGT setup, the Countach 25th and Camaro Z/28 '69.

All within the hour!!

350wi29.jpg

GT Auto:
Matte Light Blue
BBS RS (red)
Aero; Front A
223.4 miles (oil change, full restore)​

zlovv9.jpg

The youngest of the Three Fates or Moirai, in ancient Greek mythology. Responsible for spinning the thread of Touge life, death and fate! at 520PP, she is able to keep up with faster vehicles. Incredibly smooth handling and blistering acceleration by way of 50/50 torque bias.

EDIT:
rookie mistake... it says Kratos on the settings sheet because that was teh car i had previously made a sheet for. But, rest assure, the settings are the proper ones for the Impreza

Last edited:
33v0kd1.jpg

RUF RGT '00
996 RS-R

GT-Auto:
Tornadorot
BBS LM R (white)
31,109 miles (oil change, full restore)

34dsxvn.jpg

The Porsche 996 is one of the all-time great chassis. RUF took it and made it even better! These rear-engined rarities are among the fastest cornering machines on the planet. That is... if you can handle it. This car here is no excuse. It gets the 'Expert' tag for a reason. It you're not familiar with handling the RUF.. this car isn't for you. But if you want to get your feet wet with the engine in the wrong place, by all means give it a go. I don't guarantee you'll be blasting the Nurburgring 24h course under 9:10 on your first go-around, but you'll surely spin out less with this tune than with any Yellowbird hahaha

That being said... this is my personal favorite 550PP setup.

Last edited:
2yx5c77.jpg

Lamorghini Countach 25th Anniversary
Raging Bull

GT Auto:
NERO TENEBRE
109.0 miles (oil change)

ABS ZERO!!!!!!!

16jqxsm.jpg

I had a very fun time tuning this car. It's heavy and cumbersome, but has some of the best acceleration for a 550PP car I've experienced, and it's not even 4WD. It's a fast cornering machine that requires the utmost of sensitive throttle control. The stronger anti-roll bars up front are what help keep it stable while cornering, even though it's weight is rear-biased. Sporting ZERO ABS, it's always a a dance of some sort getting it to brake into chicanes and other low-speed corners from speeds in excess of 120mph. Those reasons garner this machine the expert tag. That being said, it's brakes are stronger than the Mustang Mach 1, but not as reliable.

Good Luck riding the Raging Bull

jqji8i.jpg

GT Auto:
Butternut Yellow
SSR Professor VF1 (polished)
Aero; Front B, Wing A
75.6 miles (oil change)

ABS ZERO!!!!!

2yye6id.jpg

If the Mustang Mach 1 is not your cup'o'tea. Too heavy, or not agile enough... feel free to sacrifice some power and stability for the agility of the Pony Express!!

At first, i tuned this car with the super charger, but since i tune with tire wear on.. it was killing my treads so i opted for a deck-lid spoiler instead of the added power and torque of the blower. I can say the end result is a more stable and fun car to drive fast around corners.. that's right, i said corners, in an American car.

NOTE:
DOWNFORCE set to 18

Last edited:
For those that haven't noticed. I've been incorporating tags/emblems to our tunes. Little images in the top-right corner of the main image, bottom-middle of the tab images. They signify the recommended skill level for the setup.

This is in no way saying that a begginer/novice shouldn't try his hand at an expert-level vehicle. It's simply an indication of how much concentration, awareness, and reaction speed you might need to get the most out of these cars.
In addition, it can be used as a guide to test yourself as a driver and as a learning tool to teach yourself more advanced techniques as you attempt to tame the more difficult machines.

For example:
A Nissan GT-R R35 is highly likely to get a "NOVICE" rating, simply because anyone can drive that car and be fast with it.

An NSX could get either an "AVANCED" or "EXPERT" rating depending on the setup itself. It could be a simple setup made to minimize the cars inherent handling flaws and make it easier to drive while also being very fast. OR it could be a very specialized setup that requires particular skills and techniques to capitalize on that setups paricular suspension or LSD setings. Be it acute throttle control, precise timing for braking/acelerating to maximize/minimize suspension travel, stroke or whatever.

A RUF, Zonda or RS200 is more likely to get an expert rating. Even though those cars are very quick in their own right, you will need advanced knowledge of weight transferring techniques along with precise throttle control, short-shifting sometimes, and fancy footwork to make these cars corner at their ultimate potential.

Now... I will never consider myself the best or fastest driver. Or the best tuner on GT Planet. But I do find myself and my contemporaries wise enough to judge what it takes to get the most out of our setups.

Thank You for considering TheCardboardBox Tuning Company for your GT5 tuning needs. Good day to you all, and happy driving!!

Last edited:
hrbyoi.jpg

GT Auto:
Matte Light Grey
Volk GT-C (mushroom)
NO AERO PARTS.. stock spoiler is adjustable. set to 4
620.1 miles (oil change, full restore)​

2illft1.jpg

A long time in the making. My official Legend of the Streets vehicle for Season 1. Tuning this baby has been a labor of love. Easy to drive, but in the right hands it can be an amazing machine. I hope you all enjoy driving this bad boy as much as I've enjoyed driving and tuning it for the past 8 months. Treat her gently ;)

For a change of pace, run it with ZERO ABS.

NOTE:
I've entered this vehicle in April 2012's JDM tuner shootout in the 490PP class. Remove the racing exhaust, add sports intake manifold and adjust downforce to 3 to reach 490PP

Last edited:
6572539337_255cce0ed3.jpg

Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo "Zeus"

GT Auto:
Paint: Switch
Wheels: BBS RS (Olympic Gold)​

Mileage: 204.1 Miles

6572608001_69958a4059_b.jpg

Wow... where do I begin
This car is ridiculously fast. But I bet you knew that already.. A less powerful version of it was featured on Hot Version's Touge Showdown and it dominated the competition. With this car, you too will be able to do the same. 2 months in the making, this car's fine-tuned components (as with all m setups) all work in unison. The differential is as locked as can be but open enough for drift on command. The suspension allows enough travel and stroke to floor it through many turns despite the power and occasional turbo lag (which can't be helped). The gearing is where most of the time went (aside from suspension) on this car. Fine-tuned on the perilous Nurburgring, the gears are so precise that you might find yourself flying through entire sections with nary a gearshift.

This car was tuned initially on Sports Soft tires but after some serious thinking I did some further fine tuning to allow the car to run Sports HARD and SOFT compounds.

NOTE: This car is NOT meant for Race Soft tires... The suspension is too soft and will have you bumpin all over the place. K THNX BYE!!

I hope you guys enjoy driving this beast as much as i enjoyed tuning it

This tune make the car feel like what the s2000 Should feel like. It grip when you wanted too and it power slide when you want it too. It feel like a racecar around the the nurburgring and the gears is lightning quick

Last edited:
Back