#TheCardboardBox Tuning |Touge|Wangan|

Which kinds of setups would you like to see more of from us?

• Purpose built Race-Cars

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • High-Performance Touge (>530PP)

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • L.o.t.S. Touge (Class A, B, C)

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Wangan

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Track-Ready Street Cars

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lldantell
This tune make the car feel like what the s2000 Should feel like. It grip when you wanted too and it power slide when you when you want it too. It feel like a racecar around the the nurburgring and the gears is lightning quick

Word! It's so fast. A lot of time went into tuning the gears.

I love how you can launch from 2nd gear without any turbo lag, and it has 7speeds lol

ToscanaTarmac_2-1.jpg

Lightning SVT500
Ford SVT F-150 Lightning '03

GT Auto:
Oil Change

Tale of the Tape:
500PP
493hp/5400rpm | 535ft-lb/3900rpm
1610kg
Model: Standard
Type: Touge

Upgrades:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Air Filter
Sports Catalytic Converter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Transmission: 5 Speed Close Ratio
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
F/C LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
F/C Suspension

Tyres:
Sports: Hard

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
5 Speed Close Ratio

L.S.D.:
0 - 11
0 - 8
0 - 8

Suspension:
Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 10.3/9.5
Damper Extension: 3/4
Damper Compression: 3/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/4
Camber: 1.6/1.6
Tow: -0.25/0.10

Downforce
No Downforce

Brakes:
9 - 7

Ballast:
0kg

Tuned to run on Sports Hard tyres up to Racing Soft Tyres this truck can pack a torque punch.

Last edited:
hrbyoi.jpg

GT Auto:
Matte Light Grey
Volk GT-C (mushroom)
NO AERO PARTS.. stock spoiler is adjustable. set to 4
620.1 miles (oil change, full restore)​

2illft1.jpg

A long time in the making. My official Legend of the Streets vehicle for Season 1. Tuning this baby has been a labor of love. Easy to drive, but in the right hands it can be an amazing machine. I hope you all enjoy driving this bad boy as much as I've enjoyed driving and tuning it for the past 8 months. Treat her gently ;)

For a change of pace, run it with ZERO ABS.

NOTE:
I've entered this vehicle in April 2012's JDM tuner shootout in the 490PP class. Remove the racing exhaust, add sports intake manifold and adjust downforce to 3 to reach 490PP

Just done a quick test with this car, first let me start with the RX7 I used only had 21 miles on it, so mine was running at 340hp not the 349hp specified in the tune. I did my testing on Sidewinder Touge (Toscana Tarmac)

Now any LotS regulars will know that I run an Rx-7 alot. So I decided to compare it to my own 500pp FD3S.

This Grey Fox is one well setup machine, the front end is very responsive and makes for a very nice driving feel, you always feel conected and can trust the car will do as you expected.

It has a nice balance to it, no mid corner oversteer dramatics. I do like the way the back end gradually slides out as you let off the brakes while turning into a corner, this makes for very fast tight cornering.

The only thing that goes against this car in my opinion is the standard gearbox, I feel this car could use a close ratio box to help keep it in the powerband more.

Overall a great car very well setup, and would recomend anyone try it. 👍

PS: in the settings sheet for this car it says Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Maccer_42
Just done a quick test with this car, first let me start with the RX7 I used only had 21 miles on it, so mine was running at 340hp not the 349hp specified in the tune. I did my testing on Sidewinder Touge (Toscana Tarmac)

Now any LotS regulars will know that I run an Rx-7 alot. So I decided to compare it to my own 500pp FD3S.

This Grey Fox is one well setup machine, the front end is very responsive and makes for a very nice driving feel, you always feel conected and can trust the car will do as you expected.

It has a nice balance to it, no mid corner oversteer dramatics. I do like the way the back end gradually slides out as you let off the brakes while turning into a corner, this makes for very fast tight cornering.

The only thing that goes against this car in my opinion is the standard gearbox, I feel this car could use a close ratio box to help keep it in the powerband more.

Overall a great car very well setup, and would recomend anyone try it. 👍

PS: in the settings sheet for this car it says Chevrolet Camaro Z28

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I actually used to run the close-gear tranny but it's a completely different feel. The power comes too soon and feels too much like the '91 FD with a peaky turbo. So if I were to implement it, the lsd and at least the rear suspension would need significant changes. Therefore defeating the purpose of the smooth driving feel, and it would feel a bit more like my 550PP FD, Kratos.

I still remember those runs we had on the Nurburgring with our FD's in heated battle! I used what I learned that day to find the ideal lsd settings. The suspension evolved since then into what you see here today.

Last edited:
Shadow Update II
I'm back with my second update of what builds I have going on at the moment... First off the Lightning SVT500 has been released and is very responsive.
Now down to the real listing:
Autobacs Garaiya: Tune is currently in progress of being retuned.
BMW Z4M Coupe: In progress as part of the second 'Tune for Tune' Swap between me and SolidSnake.
Lancia Delta: In progress but is a side project at the minute.

I have a few idea's on upcoming projects including a '03 Chevrolet SSR Truck & MG TF160.

Last edited:
OSE_CAP_SHADOW
Shadow Update II
I'm back with my second update of what builds I have going on at the moment... First off the Lightning SVT500 has been released and is very responsive.
Autobacs Garaiya: Tune is currently is progress of being retuned.
BMW Z4M Coupe: In progress as part of the second 'Tune for Tune' Swap between me and SolidSnake.

I have a few idea's on upcoming projects including a '03 Chevrolet SSR Truck & MG TF160.

I've stated tinkering with the Lexus Sport-Cross already and can see where it could use some work.

For the Z4, will you be keeping it your touge or converting out sure track use?

What PP range would that MG come in at?

Shadow Update II
Autobacs Garaiya: Tune is currently is progress of being retuned.

I did a tune of the SSR for a 450PP tuning shootout on Autumn Ring. Very nice handling offline not so good online. You might see about tweaking that for online use. It was nipping at the heals of a bunch of S2000 and Miatas in the shootout which shocked and surprised everyone since its so much heavier. For being a very heavy truck it can have incredibly good handling when properly tuned.:D:cheers:

I've stated tinkering with the Lexus Sport-Cross already and can see where it could use some work.

For the Z4, will you be keeping it your touge or converting out sure track use?

What PP range would that MG come in at?

Z4 is staying Touge based 👍
As for the MG it will be tuned for 400PP seasonals as I have found this a very good car for them.

OSE_CAP_SHADOW
Z4 is staying Touge based 👍
As for the MG it will be tuned for 400PP seasonals as I have found this a very good car for them.

Cool, for those seasonals I a premium Citroën C4 or the Dome Zero. I probably let the Dome loose next week.

I like the Citroen better at 420PP, where I have it set currently. As well as a premium Peugeot 207 GTi.

(excerpt from tuning thread)

Tuning FF's

My general philosophy with tuning ff cars, as with any other car, is balance.

Not all cars react the same to the same setup schemes. This has to do with suspension geometry.

Just know that you want a reactive front end with an obedient rear end. Which would generally entail the front dampers be set with extension 1-2 points higher than the compression. And rear dampers be set even compression/extension. In some special cases i would have compression 1 point higher than extension out back, which would make the rear even more reactive, choir heavier cars or those with a longer wheelbase.

Anti-roll bars would be even or 1 point higher out front for stability and predictability.

Old School Update III:

Just the thought of having to drive the Shelby GT350 at Tsukuba/High Speed Ring any longer is giving my hands blisters... That car's progress is very slow but steady.

The Dodge Challenger, on the other hand, has been an interesting car. Not as enjoyable as the Mach 1, personally, but it has character. And that's always a good thing.

The Ferrari F40... If I died in a car crash after performing a dirty overtake and went to hell, the Devil will punish me by forcing me to drive this car around the Nodschleife for all eternity. As it was meant to be driven. No TCS, no ABS. And for kicks he'll (the Devil) remove the harness just to see me fly out the windshield every time I spin out, crash, or careen off the track... Which would be VERY OFTEN! Quite frankly, this car is frustratingly addictive. When you treat it gently and it's behaving, it's like a thoroughbred race horse. Kick its sides too hard even once and it becomes a bucking bronco desperate to blast you into oblivion. Certainly not for the feint of heart..our those lacking in patience.

ToscanaTarmac2-1.jpg

Delta HF500
Lancia Delta HF '91

GT Auto:
Oil Change : GT Atuo Wing A

Tale of the Tape:
500PP
365hp/6600rpm | 311ft-lb/4600rpm
1119kg
Model: Premium

Upgrades:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
High RPM Range Turbo
Transmission: 6 Speed Close Ratio
Torque Center Differential
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
F/C LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
F/C Suspension

Tyres:
Sports: Hard

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
6 Speed Close Ratio

L.S.D.:
5 - 8
15 - 25
10 - 12

Drivetrain:
35 - 65

Suspension:
Height: -15/-15
Spring Rate: 9.1/7.5
Damper Extension: 4/5
Damper Compression: 5/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/4
Camber: 0.7/0.6
Tow: -0.15/0.05

Downforce
F - 0 : R - 17

Brakes:
7 - 5

Ballast:
0kg

This car was riddled with poor handling & terrible boost lag when I got hold of it, Now it is gone after some changes with the car. First I changed it from an Fully Customizable Transmission to a 6 Speed Close Ratio Transmission as it delivers better acceleration, Then i stiffened the Suspension after setting the Differential. Result is a better performing Lancia Delta HF.

Last edited:
ToscanaTarmac_22.jpg

SSR-450
Chevrolet SSR '03

GT Auto:
Oil Change

Tale of the Tape:
450PP
328hp/5400rpm | 354ft-lb/4200rpm
1770kg

Upgrades:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Air Filter
Transmission: 5 Speed Close Ratio
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
F/C LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
F/C Suspension

Tyres:
Comfort: Softs - Sports Hards

Power Limiter:
98.5%

Transmission:
5 Speed Close Ratio

L.S.D.:
0 - 10
0 - 15
0 - 5

Suspension:
Height: -13/-13
Spring Rate: 8.0/7.1
Damper Extension: 5/7
Damper Compression: 6/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/4
Camber: 2.0/1.8
Tow: -0.05/0.05

Downforce
No Downforce

Brakes:
6 - 7

Ballast:
72kg at +50

After the feeling of how my last truck turned out I decided to try out this one. Tuned at 450PP and also keeping within the Legend of the Streets regulations, This truck is very balanced and quick enough to put up a fight with Honda S2000's.

Last edited:
6272361415_6a4ecdc764.jpg

Matte Dark Green
Gold Chrome BBS

440.3 miles

NissaSkylineGT-RV-SpecIINurR3402.jpg

Notes: R34's are notorious for heavy understeer while cornering at low speeds. Most notable in the 50-80mph/80-140kph range. This car's suspension setup allows the rear to be firmly planted while having enough stroke to handle bumpy roads and direction changes with minimal understeer. All the while the softer front end combined with very limited slippage and responsive torque settings allow the vehicle to have a fast and precise turn-in

UPDATE:
T-Spec II: Most notable changes from T-Spec I to II are the Drivetrain and Suspension settings. The revised LSD settings allow the car to turn in quicker and hug those corners. That, combined with subtly softer front and stiffer rear spring rates, adjusted toe angles and increased suspension stroke with adjusted dampening rates (GT5 Spec II-tested) make for an incredibly fun car that's also faster around corners.

The means justify the ends, and this car is no exception to that saying. As every car requires different handling technique to truly milk the performance out of it, im sure that any GT-R lover, and all other drivers alike, will enjoy this car where it's meant to be driven... on the Touge!!
tourqe split aint there

robrabbitman
Stock differential. 👍

Exactly.. It's 50/50
Which requires a bit of foresight when approaching undulating corners like the hatzenbach section of the Nodschleife to actively manage the torque transferring from side to side to maximize cornering speed and minimize understeer

Shadow Update III
So i have started work on a few cars for my new Time Attack section of my listing where I'm going to be tuning a few Tuner cars to run in this section.
The list is as follows:
RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7 - Tuned at Suzuka
Amuse Carbon R - Tuning this one at Spa
HKS CT230R - Tuning this one for Fuji Speedway
Opera Performance S2000 - Tuning at Tsukuba

As for the work on revamping the ASL LTR and the tune for the MG TF160, these two tunes have taken a back seat for the moment

Shadow Update III
So i have started work on a few cars for my new Time Attack section of my listing where I'm going to be tuning a few Tuner cars to run in this section.
The list is as follows:
RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7 - Tuned at Suzuka
Amuse Carbon R - Tuning this one at Spa
HKS CT230R - Tuning this one for Fuji Speedway
Opera Performance S2000 - Tuning at Tsukuba

As for the work on revamping the ASL LTR and the tune for the MG TF160, these two tunes have taken a back seat for the moment

will you be adding power to them or just trying to perfect their setups with what power they have?

OSE_CAP_SHADOW
Added power as well as perfecting the setup 👍

Can't wait to see what you do with the RE-FD3S. I've been running the RX-7 TC since I've bought it but I always find ways to improve it, so it's nowhere near ready for release... Yet

SuzukaCircuit.jpg

RE-FD3S 'Suzuka Rotary'
RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7

GT Auto:
Oil Change

Tale of the Tape:
563PP
465hp/7100rpm | 397ft-lb/5100rpm
1240kg
Type: Time Attack

Upgrades:
Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo
Transmission: F/C
F/C LSD
F/C Suspension

Tyres:
Racing: soft

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
1st: 3.206
2nd: 2.186
3rd: 1.629
4th: 1.255
5th: 1.034
6th: 0.864
Final: 4.150
Max Speed: 180Mph
(Set Max Speed, Individual Gears then Final Gear)

L.S.D.:
0 - 12
0 - 15
0 - 7

Suspension:
Spring Rate: 16.4/15.0
Damper Extension: 7/6
Damper Compression: 5/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/3
Camber: 2.5/2.2
Tow: -0.20/0.10

Downforce
F - 20 : R - 35

Brakes:
6 - 7

Ballast:
0kg

The first of my Time Attack cars, And we start with the RE-FD3S. This car has be setup to run the Suzuka circuit with lots of grip combined with acceleration through every gear.

Last edited:
FujiSpeedwayF.jpg

CT230R 'Fuji R'
HKS CT230R '08

GT Auto:
Oil Change

Tale of the Tape:
620PP
601hp/7500rpm | 513ft-lb/4000rpm
1068kg

Upgrades:
Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo
F/C LSD
F/C Suspension

Tyres:

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
1st: 3.036
2nd: 1.977
3rd: 1.420
4th: 1.086
5th: 0.870
Final: 3.730
Max Speed: 180Mph
(Set Max Speed, Final Gear then Individual Gears)

L.S.D.:
9 - 10
17 - 23
10 - 15

Drivetrain:
30 - 70

Suspension:
Height: -15/-15
Spring Rate: 11.7/11.5
Damper Extension: 8/8
Damper Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/2
Camber: 3.0/1.5
Tow: -0.17/0.20

Downforce
F - 20 : R - 42

Brakes:
7 - 8

Ballast:
0kg

Tuned to run at Fuji Speedway this 4WD Time Attack Monster can easily use its 600Bhp+ to eat away a perfect lap.

Last edited:
6822911649_465ee20ac3.jpg
[/url]
The Pocket Rocket
Honda CR-X SiR '90

GT Auto:
Engine Rebuild
Chassis Restoration
Paint: Midnight Pearl
Wheels: Rays VOLK CE28N, Midnight Pearl
1233.8 miles​

6822912437_17e46a9635_b.jpg

This is my entry to February 2012's 400PP Nordschleife Tuner Shootout. It might not be the lightest or most powerful 400PP car out there but its a blast to drive!

Enjoy! 👍

I've tuned up a CRX as my first tune. Numbers are quite a bit different but I am going to give yours a try. I absolutely adore driving this little creature!

What times did you get on the Nurburgring with her?

TsukubaCircuit.jpg

Mine's Evo VI 'Tsukuba CP9'
Mine's Lancer Evo VI '00

GT Auto:
Oil Change

Tale of the Tape:
530PP
446hp/7500rpm | 318ft-lb/5500rpm
1210kg

Upgrades:
Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo
F/C LSD
F/C Suspension

Tyres:

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
1st: 2.761
2nd: 1.915
3rd: 1.380
4th: 1.060
5th: 0.852
Final: 4.400
Max Speed: 149Mph
(Set Max Speed, Individual Gears then Final Gear)

L.S.D.:
3 - 7
18 - 25
8 - 12
(Front Settings Locked)

Drivetrain:
25 - 75

Suspension:
Spring Rate: 15.8/13.8
Damper Extension: 8/8
Damper Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/3
Camber: 2.0/1.4
Tow: -0.10/0.20

Downforce
No Downforce

Brakes:
6 - 7

Ballast:
0kg

Tuned using a similar setup to the 'Fuji R' it has turned this CP9A Evo from Mine's into an all out grip machine at Tsukuba. The car feels perfectly balanced.

Last edited:
Stuke Sowle
I've tuned up a CRX as my first tune. Numbers are quite a bit different but I am going to give yours a try. I absolutely adore driving this little creature!

What times did you get on the Nurburgring with her?

I was getting 8:50's consistently buy thee was already room for faster times. It's so agile that you can take her through some sections without even pressing the brakes (which I tried, but ultimately was afraid at times cause I run with full damage haha)

New to the forum, diggin this thread, gonna try out a few of your guys' tunes this evening. Been wanting to give some of these touge style races a try, looks pretty fun!

Latest Posts

Back