#TheCardboardBox Tuning |Touge|Wangan|

Which kinds of setups would you like to see more of from us?

• Purpose built Race-Cars

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • High-Performance Touge (>530PP)

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • L.o.t.S. Touge (Class A, B, C)

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Wangan

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Track-Ready Street Cars

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
alphamt.jpg

Alpha
Mitsubishi lancer evolution gsr '05
Color: Titanium Silver
Wheels: motegi touge painted Maziora Andromeda
Tale of the Tape:
500PP
373hp/360ft-lb
1240kg
Model: premium
Type: touge
Level: intermediate to expert

Upgrades:
Weight Reduction Stage 2
ECU
Racing Airfilter
Racing Exhaust
Sports Header
Sports cat
Transmission: Close Ratio 6
A.Y.C
Semi Racing Flywheel
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Driveshaft
Torque Center Differential
F/C Suspension
Tires: sports hard S1

A.Y.C: 80

T.C.D.: 25/75

Suspension:
Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 9.5/3.0
Damper Extension: 4/6
Damper Compression: 3/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/5
Camber: 2.3/2.0
Tow: -0.25/0.00

Brakes:
5-5 or up to your preferance

Tuner comments:
Tuned to behave like my real evo IX MR edition, this car is a demon on the corners and bucks the typical awd understeer stereotype. As you enter the turn let off the throttle and the nose will bite in and turn towards the inside, roll back on the throttle and accelerate full throttle from the apex. drive this car on the limits and attack the turns tarmac rally style, drive steady and tires wear evenly and you can even kick the car into a slide if needed. car will require practice to get used to and may seem lose at first but once you learn the car you will be amazed.

Last edited:
bravoje.jpg

Bravo
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI GSR T.M.E. '00
Color: Maziora Andromedall
Wheels: Prodrive GC 010G in default gold
Tale of the Tape:
500PP
353hp/339ft-lb
1132kg
Model: Standard
Type: Touge
Level: Expert

Upgrades:
Weight Reduction Stage 3 + window weight reduction
Rear Aero 0
Race Airfilter
Sports header and cat
Twin Plate Cluch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
F/C Suspension
Tires: Sports Hard S1

Downforce: 00 - 0

A.Y.C. 75
T.C.D. 25 - 75

Suspension:
Height: -25/-325
Spring Rate: 9.3/3.0
Damper Extension: 3/3
Damper Compression: 2/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/5
Camber: 2.2/1.8
Tow: -0.25/-0.01

Brakes:
5-5

Tuner comments:
Considered the best EVO in the series by fifth gear UK this car is tuned to tackle the touge. heavy A.Y.C use makes this car a tarmac rally style corner carver, just let off throttle turn and roll back on fully at apex, it will rocket in and out of the twisties with ease. to get the most out of it, it has to be driven on the edge yet still tires wear evenly if driven right.

Last edited:
I'd like to introduce you all to a good friend of mine and SUBSTANCE teammate, Che69velle. He's also a touge driver, LotS regular. Try out his new setups; feedback is always encouraged

Last edited:
Charlie
Nissan Silvia Q's (s13) '91
Color: Dark Gray Mica
Wheels: Volk TE37 in default white
Tale of the Tape:
449PP
248hp/205ft-lb
944kg
Model: Standard
Type: Touge/Drift
Level: Advanced

Upgrades:
Weight Reduction Stage 3 + window weight reduction
Race Airfilter
Sports Intake
Race exhaust
Sports header and cat
Twin Plate Cluch
L.S.D.
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
F/C Suspension
Tires: Sports Hard S1

Downforce: 00 - 0

L.S.D. 10/20/12

Suspension:
Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 5.4/3.8
Damper Extension: 5/4
Damper Compression: 4/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/2
Camber: 2.2/1.4
Tow: -0.06/0.40

Brakes:
5-5

Tuner comments:
i wanted to try the often avoided nonturbo Q and put the old s chassis on the lift for an overhaul at 53,193 miles and upgraded her for the moutain passes. A balanced little car if a little oversteery. Put on C1 tires and its a drift missle, i know there are a few out there saying drift a grip tune:scared:, but just try it. its a forgiving easy to control at angle missle and real drift cars when they aren't being drifted are grip cars.

Last edited:
@AudiMan2011

I've been tuning your Mugen CR-Z and it's coming along real nicely. The real Mugen CR-Z sports a supercharger but since the GT5 CR-Z doesn't have that option, I installed a Stage-2 Turbo Kit; it's thrusting about 4hp more than the real-life counterpart. At 430PP, I was able to win the FF Seasonal even with relative ease. The handling is consistently smooth at all RPM ranges, thanks to the Turbo/VTEC combo.

Just a few more tweaks and it will be ready for you 👍

Last edited:
@HKS_Rag3:16

I've been tuning your Mugen CR-Z and it's coming along real nicely. The real Mugen CR-Z sports a supercharger but since the GT5 CR-Z doesn't have that option, I installed a Stage-2 Turbo Kit; it's thrusting about 4hp more than the real-life counterpart. At 430PP, I was able to win the FF Seasonal even with relative ease. The handling is consistently smooth at all RPM ranges, thanks to the Turbo/VTEC combo.

Just a few more tweaks and it will be ready for you 👍

Are you sure that was me who asked for the car? I don't remember. :nervous:

I don't mind having one too. I tested Shadow's Toudou CR-Z and I liked it.

This one's a bit less agile, since it's being tuned from scratch but it's just as fast but a bit harder to drive. I'm in the final stages if tuning before it's released.

HKS Rag3:16
I don't mind having one too. I tested Shadow's Toudou CR-Z and I liked it.

Thanks, it's not bad at Tsukuba too as I managed to hold off badboy's 86GT in a 7 lap tuner battle :)

It's going to take me about 1-2 days longer than the expected (bi-weekly) release schedule to premiere Episode 2 of Touge Rundown but in the mean time, enjoy this clip!

Last edited:
TakumiFuji01 has dropped out of today's tournament due to technical difficulties with his PS3. Next in the queue is Failure_to_React.
I've contacted him personally - if he doesn't reply in a timely manner, then the slot goes to the next-in-line, H_enry_T, and subsequently, Wynter92.

9 Hours left until the TIME-ATTACK round begins!!

Last edited:
Failure_to_React has confirmed that he isn't able to make it.
Next in line on the queue is H_enry_ T

Will you make it?

edit: guess not

Last edited:
The Prize for today's tournament will be an Amuse S2000 GT1!!
That, and bragging rights for a week.

Next week's tournament will be Cone-Killer @Monaco

Last edited:
Slick-94 had to drop out tue to personal issues
THERE IS ONE SLOT LEFT!!!

LAST CHANCE REGiSTRATION!!!

LOBBY OPEN: 1472-6118-4130-9222-1621

Last edited:
SolidSnake7735
Slick-94 had to drop out tue to personal issues
THERE IS ONE SLOT LEFT!!!

LAST CHANCE REGiSTRATION!!!

I actually really wanted to join. It sounded like fun. But family time comes before gaming, but I hope you enjoy yourselves :dopey:

TIME ATTACK HAS STARTED and it will continue for the next 60 minutes.
If you enter the lobby and have no time to set a lap, you will be seeded into the tournament bracket based on when you entered the lobby.

If you fail to enter the lobby before the TIME ATTACK round is over, then you forfeit your position in the Cat n' Mouse Tournament. Not only that, but you will lose preference if you decide you want to enter future TheCardboardBox Tuning-hosted events.

Thank you and have a wonderful day

Last edited:
Today's Time Attack didn't go off without a hitch but it was a success nonetheless.
The First Round had done interesting battles and the Second Round had an intense Sudden Death matchup against badboy_etc and Street-King-07.

Due to some difficulties (not uncommon with first-time events), we couldn't finish the second round entirely.

(7)HKS_RagGT-R vs. (1)vacaseg9 will ensure their battle for a place in the semifinals tomorrow! The winner will battle badboy_etc for a place in the Final Round.

DanielK80 will battle Wynter92 also for a place in the Final Round.

Edit: I'm not home at the moment, so I'll post the Time Attack results when I get back.

Last edited:
Asahi Pass

TIME ATTACK RESULTS:
Sunday July 8th, 2012

1. Vacaseg9 - 1:23.354 (Lotus Elise 111R)
2. danielk80 - 2:24.297 (S2000 Type V)
3. Wynter92 - 1:24.848 (Mazda RX-8)
4. H_enry_T - 1:25.087 (Toyota 86 GT)
5. Street-King-07 - 1:25.169 (Scion FR-S)
6. badboy_etc - 1:26.000 (Honda S2000 '06)
7. RAIDONKU - 1:27.376 (Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M)
8. RedSuns-Maccer42 - 1:27.616 (Toyota Sprinter Trueno)
9. HKS_RagGT-R - 1:29.769 (Acura NSX '91)
10. blueninjacivic - 1:30.444 (Scion FR-S)
11. Reyesrazor77 - 1:35.000 (Toyota 86 GT)
12. bear989 - 1:51.000 (Honda S2000 (US) '01)
13. TURBO_KELOWNA - (DNF) (Honda S2000 '06)
14. SolidSnake7735 - (DNF) (Honda S2000 '06)

Cat n' Mouse Tournament (TBA):
(We left off in the Semi-Final round... only 3 battles remain to decided the winner)

1st -
2nd -
3rd -

Update:
Wynter92 defeated DanielK80 for a place in the Final Round

Last edited:
Hey Solid, I will probably be on online at roughly 8 eastern time because i need to do some things.. I may be on earlier though.

Unfortunately, I have to drop out of the tournament. I need to study for my exams and won't be on as often. So Snake, in the vid, you can say that the NSX got mechanical problems, in a interim report, like they do on Touge Showdown.

Unfortunately, I have to drop out of the tournament. I need to study for my exams and won't be on as often. So Snake, in the vid, you can say that the NSX got mechanical problems, in a interim report, like they do on Touge Showdown.

lol rags i want a rematch please 👍

Optomuscrime and myself were on the Touge for the last 4 hours chillin...talking about a big new project that we're bringing to GTPlanet that will engulf all other touge-related things on this site and GT5 as a whole.

It's gonna be big!

Back