#TheCardboardBox Tuning |Touge|Wangan|

Which kinds of setups would you like to see more of from us?

• Purpose built Race-Cars

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • High-Performance Touge (>530PP)

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • L.o.t.S. Touge (Class A, B, C)

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Wangan

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Track-Ready Street Cars

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OSE_CAP_SHADOW
My tune for the Caterham Fireblade could do with a review.
A lot of people seems to be scared of the car on GT5 :lol:

Will do, my caterham is white but will soon be brown if you're right :embarrassed:

currently having a good drive of the fire blade i'm very new to this style of tuning so am finding it really hard to drive but in the best way possible its really fun challenging myself to slowly gain more control or suddenly completely lose it due to bad throttle control it is a car that is improving my driving in a massive way absolutely love the tune

as said being new to this style of tuning and such do you guys have any tips for the track editor i keep coming up with really bland tracks and dont really understand how to make a curvy track with up and or downhill segments

currently having a good drive of the fire blade i'm very new to this style of tuning so am finding it really hard to drive but in the best way possible its really fun challenging myself to slowly gain more control or suddenly completely lose it due to bad throttle control it is a car that is improving my driving in a massive way absolutely love the tune

as said being new to this style of tuning and such do you guys have any tips for the track editor i keep coming up with really bland tracks and dont really understand how to make a curvy track with up and or downhill segments

More sections isn't always better. Take your time and test drive your tracks constantly. For touge like tracks, always have track width at -5. The corner sharpness should vary but try to restrain from making it +5 all the time as you'll get really edgy and confusing tracks with no rhythm.

Practice. Just like racing, creating tracks is another skill set to hone. Once you start making fun tracks, you'll be addicted!

Keep an eye on this thread for the Touge Course Guides that I'll be releasing soon. Where I take a touge tuned car and drive it around a user-created touge course while highlighting the key points in the track and narrating the drive 👍

NOTE: If anyone has a touge course they want me to review, I'll do so in exchange for a review of one of our tunes here at TheCardboardBox. 👍

Last edited:
LagunaSecaRaceway_1-1.jpg

IST-R
Toyota ist 1.5S '02

GT Auto:
Oil Change : Chassis Restore

Tale of the Tape:
430PP
196hp/6700rpm | 188ft-lb/2700rpm - 1496cc
867kg
Model: Standard
Type: Shootout

Upgrades:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Catalytic Converter
Semi Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
Transmission: F/C
F/C LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
F/C Suspension

Tyres:
Sports: Hard

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
1st: 3.135
2nd: 2.035
3rd: 1.460
4th: 1.105
5th: 0.865
Final: 4.180
Max Speed: 149Mph
(Set Max Speed, Individual Gears then Final Gear)

L.S.D.:
0 - 5
0 - 14
0 - 5

Suspension:
Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 5.0/3.3
Damper Extension: 5/5
Damper Compression: 4/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/3
Camber: 1.5/1.3
Tow: 0.00/0.05

Downforce
No Downforce

Brakes:
6 - 5

Ballast:
0Kg

Build to compete in the Wallbanger's 2nd Annual FF Summer Shootout in the 1500cc B Class.

Last edited:
LagunaSecaRaceway.jpg

HSV Insight
Honda Insight '99

GT Auto:

Tale of the Tape:
405PP
130hp/6400rpm | 130ft-lb/2600rpm - 998cc
760kg
Type: Shootout

Upgrades:
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports ECU
Sports Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Exhaust
F/C LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
F/C Suspension

Tyres:

Power Limiter:
99.0%

Transmission:
1st: 3.242
2nd: 2.300
3rd: 1.680
4th: 1.295
5th: 1.030
Final: 3.775
Max Speed: 143Mph

L.S.D.:
0 - 5
0 - 16
0 - 9

Suspension:
Height: -20/-23
Spring Rate: 6.5/5.0
Damper Extension: 6/4
Damper Compression: 4/2
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/3
Camber: 1.8/1.8
Tow: -0.13/0.17

Downforce
No Downforce

Brakes:
4 - 5

Ballast:
0Kg

Build to compete in the Wallbanger's 2nd Annual FF Summer Shootout in the 1000cc A Class.

Last edited:
what is the best way to counter understeer in a 4wd i understand it'll never completely be solved but i am having trouble making my car responsive

what is the best way to counter understeer in a 4wd i understand it'll never completely be solved but i am having trouble making my car responsive

Try front toe at -0.10 and the dampers set up extension 6, compression 4 up front. that alone should give you good stroke up front and response. it varies with all cars because of weight and balance, etc.

The reviews up :)

could you link me to it? so I can link it to the car itself

MtAsoTarmac-1.jpg

Spoon EP3
Honda Civic Type R (EP) '01

GT Auto:

Tale of the Tape:
450PP
268hp/8500rpm | 173ft-lb/7500rpm
1108kg
Type: Touge

Upgrades:
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports ECU
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Transmission: Close Ratio 6 Speed
F/C LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
F/C Suspension

Tyres:

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
6 Speed Close Ratio

L.S.D.:
0 - 7
0 - 18
0 - 10

Suspension:
Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 12.0/8.0
Damper Extension: 5/3
Damper Compression: 3/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/3
Camber: 1.5/1.2
Tow: -0.10/0.17

Downforce
No Downforce

Brakes:
6 - 5

Build to compete in 450PP racing challenges from Touge to Track racing, This EP3 Type R is a well balanced FF car.

Last edited:
TsukubaCircuit_1-1.jpg

Drift Zero-33
Nissan Fairlady Z Version S(Z33) '07

GT Auto:
Oil Change : GT Auto Front A : GT Auto Wing C

Tale of the Tape:
560PP
530hp/7800rpm | 441ft-lb/5400rpm
1228kg
Model: Premium
Type: Drift

Upgrades:
Weight Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
F/C LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
F/C Suspension

Tyres:
Comfort: Hard

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
1st: 4.044
2nd: 2.741
3rd: 2.040
4th: 1.590
5th: 1.270
6th: 1.050
Final: 3.538
Max Speed: 186Mph

L.S.D.:
0 - 50
0 - 54
0 - 25

Suspension:
Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 12.0/10.0
Damper Extension: 7/8
Damper Compression: 5/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/6
Camber: 2.2/1.2
Tow: -0.13/0.12

Downforce
F - 0 : R - 17

Brakes:
5 - 8

Ballast:
0Kg

The Drift Zero-33 is an all out drift machine built solely to go sideways....

Last edited:
Lancia Delta HF500 review

So, I was looking through this garage for an interesting tune to review. The HF500 caught my eye. Tuned for the touge, it certainly is a unique sight on these twisty battlegrounds which snake their way through Japan's mountains. Normally, one would expected to see Lan-Evos more often than Lancias on the touge. I certainly can't remember seeing anything non-Japanese challenging Takumi Fujiwara and Project D in the 60-something episodes of "Initial D". I decided to take it a touge track which I created, Mt. Soryu.

Mt. Soryu boasts a main straight of just over 1,000m long. With its close-range 6-speed transmission, the HF500 can just about hit 235km/h before I need to hit the brakes.

A trip to Route X shows its acceleration prowess. I'm no drag racer, but a 4.2sec 0-100km/h time coupled with a 12.35sec 400m time shows its potency from a standing start. However, it soon peters out. Although I haven't done a top speed test, seeing as I was very close to the redline at the end of the 1,000m test, a top speed of 260km/h is probably the limit of this car's abilities. You won't be seeing this car on the Wangan any time soon.

Onto handling now, and the HF500 doesn't fall apart here despite its ageing drivetrain. Remember, the original Delta HF Integrale had a mechanical torque splitter which sent 47% of its torque to the front and the remaining 53% to the rear (see: Evoluzione I model). That set-up results in massive understeer under throttle. The HF500 still has a hangover from its stock form when it comes to cornering under throttle, as too much use of the accelerator will cause that front end to make an unwanted and premature journey to the outside of the corner - aka Understeer City. The HF500 doesn't seem to have any problems in mid-to-high speed corners, though.

Otherwise, if you don't have proverbial feet of lead, the car is fairly balanced through the corners. Careful throttle management will result in good cornering. However, if you want to get the rear end loose, you will need to use the handbrake.

Overview:
+ Balanced through the corners (as long as you have decent throttle control)
+ No snap oversteer at any speed
+ Balanced in corners above c.120km/h
+ Good acceleration
- Understeer under heavy throttle
- Low top speed

Score: 8/10

This is the Intro Video to the Touge Rundown series.

The show is all about Touge. I'll be running through user-created courses, offering tuning advice, answering questions, and typical Gran Turismo Touge related things. Occasional Wangan features might be a possibility. Subscribe to the channel to stay updated!!

I'd like to place a customer request for a 450PP Honda CR-Z hybrid for recreational use on touge. I would like the car to have replica suspension settings from the real Mugen CR-Z and the best imitation of the styling as well.

I would also prefer the regular CR-Z to be used as a base rather than the Spoon version.

imgres

-Street-King-07

I'd like to place a customer request for a 450PP Honda CR-Z hybrid for recreational use on touge. I would like the car to have replica suspension settings from the real Mugen CR-Z and the best imitation of the styling as well.

I would also prefer the regular CR-Z to be used as a base rather than the Spoon version.

imgres

-Street-King-07

I'll get to it then!

TsukubaCircuit.jpg

Mine's Evo VI 'Tsukuba CP9'
Mine's Lancer Evo VI '00
Tale of the Tape:
530PP
446hp/7500rpm | 44ft-lb/5500rpm
1210kg
Type: Time Attack

REVIEW
I started playing GT5 again after Finals and decided to try the Tsukuba 9 hours. But first I needed a good car, that would be fast, but slow enough to make the race interesting. My attention went to the Mine's EVO VI, because the Evo is one of my favourites and it looked like it would fit in with the tuner company there :D

Stock Car Impressions
At first I was impressed with the ride. It handles quite well, even for a tuned car. Closer examination revealed some downsides, though, like understeering under full throttle in turn 8. I decided I need some handling upgrades and since I don't know how to tune, I used the Tsukuba CP9 tune.

Best Lap Time: 57.091

The Tune
After tuning, the Evo felt a lot better, especially speed-wise. Cornering was improved too, with reduced understeer helping out on those full-throttle corners. But for some reason, I wasn't happy with the tight corner speeds, so I checked the replay and turned out that from Turn 1 to 8 the cars were pretty much the same! I wasn't pleased, and looked for a solution....

Best Lap Time: 56.146

The Solution
I replaced the High End Turbo with the Mid Range one, and immediately there were results coming in. In just 3 laps, I was able to close the best time gap with the High End turbo to less than .100 seconds! The car felt quicker through the corners, and was actually a bit ahead at the start of the straight. Seeing as corner speeds are more important in a race (due to drafting on the straights), I opted for this solution.

Best Lap Time: 56.216

Conclusion
The Tsukuba CP9 is a great tune for time attacks, even for a leadfoot like me, but when converted to racing purposes, it could do better with a Mid Range Turbo.

+ Good for that small handling boost
+ Better speed throughout the track
+ Grip, grip, GRIP!!!
- A bit slow in the tighter turns
- Some instances of rear-slide under heavier braking

Overall
/---------------------\
l---------9/10---------l
\---------------------/

Review by HenryT
Original tune by OSE_CAP_SHADOW​

Last edited:
In the first episode I'll be doing a frantic day/night tour of the classic touge course Mt Akina and I'll be showcasing The White Comet. You're all in store for some quality youtube/gran turismo entertainment 👍. Also, If anyone has any tuning questions related to touge or any of the car's which OSE_CAP__SHADOW and myself have shared with you all, please send them into the tuning thread or email to thecardboardbox.tuning@gmail.com and I'll be answering a select few on the show.
Look forward to this episode releasing next week!!

Thank you all for your support and helping make the GTP touge community a great one to be a part of. I look forward to your questions.

Happy driving!

Last edited:
I'm currently deep in the editing process for the first episode of "Touge Rundown." A new youtube series all about Touge on Gran Turismo. Do you, the community, have any questions about touge, tuning or gran turismo that you want answered in this first episode?

If so, please feel free to ask here on this thread 👍

Snake, does the tune for the 370GT work on the 350GT sedan? I'm wondering because I actually prefer the 350gt.

I haven't tried it out by the numbers. The LSD should work similarly but the suspension might not be as agile because of the weight balance and wheelbase. Oversteer might be an issue on corner exit, to which i recommend raising the front spring rate a bit to have less unsprung weight making the car roll (not roll over) causing oversteer.

I'm heading to bed now after being up all night editing video haha. I'll try input the setup on my Skyline Sedan and let you know how it works and any changes made for the better. I haven't driven my 350GT since pre-Spec II ! It must be dusty as heck in that garage :lol:

Actually, I've got a few :D

What's the best drivetrain (in your opinion) for Touge?
What's the best car for you?
How did you discover Touge?

Actually, I've got a few :D

What's the best drivetrain (in your opinion) for Touge?
What's the best car for you?
How did you discover Touge?

hmmm, those are good questions. I'll answer the third one here, and the other two in the first episode of Touge Rundown

I first discovered touge shortly after having bought GT5 when it released. I've always been a huge fan of JDM, drifting and japanese car culture as a whole; After having seen an episode of Best Motoring's Hot Version I instantly fell in love. It combined my two favorite things about cars: speed and style.

The quote by the Drift King himself in my signature is testament to the vision i employ in everything i do, not only in gran turismo, but in life.

Style over Substance.
(even cooler when you're good at doing the things you look cool doing)

Last edited:
I'd like to put forward a question to the show:

What are your expectations from a good touge course such as Akina, Snake Canyon etc?

Shadow Update V
Hey guys just a quick update on things to come/ have been done. As you guys may have noticed, I have released a lot of tunes in the last week. This is because in now in the process of moving house.... :)
I'm not sure if/how long i shall be without internet once i'm in the new house.
Back on to the tunes, I'm currently working on a few cars:
Mazda Altenza Touring Car for track racing. (Like the Sigma GT-1)
Chrysler Prowler - 450PP (Track/Touge Unsure yet)
And another Drift car (Unsure what car yet :lol:)

Latest Posts

Back