GTP_Classics.Watch thread for room number.

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 168 comments
England
Halesowen, West Midlands
dranddad
Race Event (This is just the event format the races will be posted later)

List of Race Events.

Italy Rome City Reverse Post # 12

Deutsches Supercar Festival Post # 46

Autodromo Nazionale Monza Post # 61 (wet)

Cape Ring North post # 66

Supercar Showdown

Nurburgring Nordschleife goes all rotary

La connexion française

This is our first in GT5 and the first in 2011. What we are going to do with all these settings we have now is an event of racing for the purist.

A race of 40 minutes or so, but each race will consist of a combo were the car meets the track and country, like Italy Monza Ferrari or Lamborghini. America Indy Road Nascar. Germany Nurburgring BMW, AMG and so on.

Each race will be set accordingly, with 20 to 25 laps shorter for the longer lap courses to come out around 40 minutes racing, each race will include pit stops , you’ll have to change tires and use two different sorts, Sport hard / Racing hard or whatever is set for the combo, one pit stop must include a refuel.

Mechanical damage will be set to heavy on all races, so avoid other cars like the plague, keep off the walls and out the kitty-litter, or you’ll be having some costly pit stops.

Italy Autodromo Nazionale Monza.
Cars to be used:
Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, Pagani, Alfa, Lancia, Cizeta, Fiat.

picture.php

America Road Course Indy. Speedway Indy, Speedway Daytona, Laguna
Cars to be used: Nascar
Ford, Corvette, Viper, Dodge, Camaro, Aem, Shelby, Chaparral, Cadillac, DMC, Pontiac, Tank.

picture.php

Cote D’ Azur: Historic Cars before (to be set)

picture.php

More to be added at a later date.

The aim is to set up a race event Dailey / nightly that will continue throughout the year but ever changing so not to get boring. We hope to have a voting system whereby we can vote for the track car combo for the week but changing the car each day.

There will be, Tuned / One make / Head to Head / none-Tuned races as this cannot be policed members are asked to stick to the format for that race.

The setting will be such that it helps all levels to enjoy not just the elite, so once set you would be asked not to change the settings, if you wish to turn off any aids the individual should be able to do this via driver options.
We hope to have more than one lobby/lounge open at a time, so being able to change from one lounge to another if you so wish, with race starting time to suit.

We’ll keep all Combos posted in this one thread so it’s easy to find each day, each week the new combo will also be posted and hopefully the lounge where it’s being hosted.

Any suggestions on combos are welcome, but please keep them authentic, like Asian tracks Tokyo R246 Asian cars, F1 a track that F1 takes place at and so on. Please test out your combo as per the race settings above, laps pit stops make sure it will finish in the time, before you post any comments or suggestions for combos.

Default = No changes of any kind Oil change is ok on all cars.

Part Tuned = any changes other than any increase in BHP

Full Tuned = any changes including increase BHP

But you must stick to the tyre choice for the race.

Phillip.

Last edited:
Looks great Phillip, hopefully I'll be a regular visitor 👍

I'm happy to offer up my lounge when I'm on.

Great stuff Philip :bowdown:

To Alex, that would obviously be more my area of business :) but perhaps Ands and me can cook something up together ...

With all the new stuff going on - qualifier, seasonals (on multi-ID's), finish A- & B-spec events, improving licenses etc. - it's a time-consuming period for GT5 users AND I LOVE IT.

Sounds good.

A nightly/daily meeting where we all know we can go and find some good racing and a field of guys who will race clean and fair. It's what GT5 needs.

I look forward to more details. Time of day could be an issue, I'm GMT+10. But I could work it in on days where I'm not working.

I can knock up some Bunny Chow :D Phillip's been doing a bit of home brewing again as well I belive!!

My suggestion for a theme would be Group C/LMP1 cars at Le Sarthe and super GT at Suzuka. Should we think about a time schedule too, like races on the hour or something?

I can knock up some Bunny Chow :D Phillip's been doing a bit of home brewing again as well I belive!!

My suggestion for a theme would be Group C/LMP1 cars at Le Sarthe and super GT at Suzuka. Should we think about a time schedule too, like races on the hour or something?

Great idea Andy,

I have the first race almost finalized just have to test the tyre combo for day 6 head to head, so we have plenty of time for your suggestions at Sarthe / Suzuka.

Time schedule I was thinking the same as yourself, on the hour or one lounge on the hour another lounge 5 past the hour.

Phillip.

ps nice to see lots of input so far 👍

I’ll post now to let everyone view and sort out cars please let us know how your doing.

Date of start Today 11/12/2011 Races start on the Hour.

Online Room Number .​

Rome Reverse

Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata DA Zagato.

picture.php

Ok I have first choice so keeping with the theme, Italy Rome Alfa Romeo; I’ve picked a nice easy one for all levels great car in cockpit, bumper or roof cam.

Keeping with the format for all races 2 pit stops two different types of tyre and one pit stop must have a 100% refuel, mechanical damage heavy

30 lap tyres sport hard / racing hard, you must do a minimum of 10 laps on sport hard tyres.

No tuning all settings set to default, oil change is ok.

You can start on whatever set you like, what racing strategy you use is up to you, so long as you play the game and stick to the format.

Read post #1
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=165178#post4610437​

Cars for other days

Depending on credits you may if you wish tune. Read post #1 for definition.
Day two: Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car 85 Default

Day three: Cizeta V16T 94 Part Tuned

Day four: Lamborghini LP400 74 Full Tuned

Day Five: Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione Default

Day Six: Ferrari F40 Sport Medium Default vs Maserati Racing Hard Default

Day Six cars Straight head / head battle between these two great Italian cars, I was putting in the same time per lap with these settings, but you still have to make your two pit stops but keep the tyres the same for the duration of the race, one 100% refuel.

My list of Cars ready for races.

Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata DA Zagato.
Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car 85
Cizeta V16T 94
Lamborghini LP400 74
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
Ferrari F40 Sport hard vs Maserati Racing Hard

Phillip.

Last edited:
This looks great Phillip. I would only be able to join in on weekends because of the EU/NZ time difference, so I was wondering what Day 1 is. Is it a Monday?

This looks great Phillip. I would only be able to join in on weekends because of the EU/NZ time difference, so I was wondering what Day 1 is. Is it a Monday?

Thanks for the support Ian, as we dont know who has what in the way of cars, what I've done is make it so they can be won or just a small out lay in credits, or these may have been purchaced already in the game for doing other things.

I've put my list of cars below the race event posting, hopefully most who are interested will do the same. I would like to start it on a Friday so it would suit most, as you know it can be opened in any lounge and once open anyone can keep it open.

We've tested out the first race which was good fun for just two of us, althought I got beat convincingly, a full grid will be fantastic. 👍

I've sent out 55 invites, so I hope the interest count will soon go up.

Phillip.

I like the sound of this. I can't race every day, but may be able to hit the odd one (like 1 day a week or so). I'm at GMT-6. I usually race at about 9pm-12am so would like it if some others from N and S America joined so I could find others to race with at that time (Or Europeans who like to race in the wee hours).

Nice one, Philip.👍 I will be there on friday evening. I've never driven that long, I've never driven with pitstops, I've never driven at Rome reverse and I never driven with that car so I'm very excited what it will bring me. Sounds like great fun.

See you on track.:)

Got myself the Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata DA Zagato, and I'm ready to race.

Got myself the Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata DA Zagato, and I'm ready to race.

Well done Ian not the easiest car to win from the B-Spec- Historic cup at Deep Forest and Monte, I’m just wondering if to run the event over two weekends.

Will give more members more chance to join in, start running on a Thursday till a week on Tuesday 13 days, then change to the next combo.

Race Details Post #12

Phillip.

Last edited:
Im Interested, but again depends on the time zone challenge 👍

I should be able to get a hold of any car required :cheers:

Well, thought I would log on for the race at 13.00 UTC but there was noone else there.

So I won, easily. :dopey:

This looks like fun...but as small_fryz said...lets see if we can meet with our different time zones

Well done to GTP_Sutuki (Ali) for setting a fantastic lap time of 1'17.476 last night in the. Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata DA Zagato.

Phillip.

Thanks to GTP_Animera GTP_Sutuki GTP_Varconv GTP_Aussinicko GTP_Paulie Posilon and a couple of guests for some great racing using OLR, where guys not in the set car combo moved over when being past but still joining in the fun. (They are a credit to GTP)

Not an easy car to come by for the race, I consider it to be the hardest to win in the game or, you have to part with 10 Mill of your hard earned credits.

Hats off to GTP_Sutuki for his new lap record of 1’17.391 Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata DA Zagato.

My poor record is only 1'18.193

Great car when you can just hit that sweet spot.

Phillip.

Last edited:
Hi guys. Would love to take part in this. Can anybody tell me which car is best for Bob to win the Historic Cup with?

Hi guys. Would love to take part in this. Can anybody tell me which car is best for Bob to win the Historic Cup with?

Hi mate, my Bob won it in the Toyota 7 but it was a hugely frustrating affair involving many restarts! I've heard the Chapparal 2J is much better but at 14mil, you may as well just by the alfa for 10 mil.

Some good racing last night with GTP_Eriba, GTP_w-g-e, GTP_PK-090, GTP_Joylord, GTP_Alexi and, the backwards Aldo_GTP :)

Hi mate, my Bob won it in the Toyota 7 but it was a hugely frustrating affair involving many restarts! I've heard the Chapparal 2J is much better but at 14mil, you may as well just by the alfa for 10 mil.

Some good racing last night with GTP_Eriba, GTP_w-g-e, GTP_PK-090, GTP_Joylord, GTP_Alexi and, the backwards Aldo_GTP :)
Yeah, it was the best online racing session yet for me. Especially the last one I ran was awesome. With Joylord on top, then a gap of 3 seconds where I and Aldo where battling for 2nd place and behind us Alexi trying to come back and that for 8 laps long. Untill of course I went into the sand at the last corner of the 9th lap. That was the best race I ever had. It also made me love online racing more. That one session nade me a better and more consistent driver too. Look forward to more online racing.

Thanks Andy for that and the others who participated who you already mentioned.

Back