GTP_Classics.Watch thread for room number.

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 168 comments
Autodromo Nazionale Monza / Weather / Rain / Fixed.

One make Race

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
Tuned.

picture.php

You must start the race on wet compound tires, Racing Rain or Racing Intermediate.

Come armed with your best setting for this one make race.
You should be able to do 2minute laps so making the race 7 laps.

Make one pit stop anytime after lap 3 for tire change
You may change to any tire compound you wish at the pit stop.

Racing Rain and Racing Intermediate Only.

Anyone can open a lounge for PSN friends to join in, to keep the flow of the race, Damage will be set to light, as there will be the odd mishap here and there in this fixed wet race.

Try for race start at 0'00 / 0'20 / 0'40

To help cut down on the tuning and free lapping time in lounge please have your car tuned before hand, this way members are not sat in the pits for a long time waiting for the race to start.

Phillip.

Last edited:
Good work Phil, looks like fun. I should be joining in later tonight

Well thanks to GTP_Sutuki, GTP_Spyrrari, GTP_orsche for the first race in the wet, I've taken part in.

The 7 laps with pit stop to change tires was spot on at 0'14:15

The lead change more times than I could count, as you would imagine in a full wet race it was not without it's mishaps, not so much as win the race but get round in one peace.

The 7 laps felt more like an hour’s driving, the spray from one car was bad enough, but you could just about see, two car spray was almost impossible, three cars spray was like a :scared: nightmare.

Spy and Ali should stop being so tight and pay their pit crews more money, as from the replay it was hilarious to watch.

Phillip. 👍

A list of race events to date are here in post # 01

Race Events

Last edited:
Well thanks to GTP_Sutuki, GTP_Spyrrari, GTP_orsche for the first race in the wet, I've taken part in.

The 7 laps with pit stop to change tires was spot on at 0'14:15

The lead change more times than I could count, as you would imagine in a full wet race it was not without it's mishaps, not so much as win the race but get round in one peace.

The 7 laps felt more like an hour’s driving, the spray from one car was bad enough, but you could just about see, two car spray was almost impossible, three cars spray was like a :scared: nightmare.

Spy and Ali should stop being so tight and pay their pit crews more money, as from the replay it was hilarious to watch.

Phillip. 👍

I did pay my pitcrew,but payed them so much,they all went to the pup and got drunk the night before .... so i should have said i pay them well if they do their job properly the next time... :)

spy.

Cape Ring North

GT300 BHP 12 Lap Race (By request)

Using Sport Hard and Racing Hard Tyres.

picture.php

Start the race on Sport hard or Racing hard tyres, but do a minimum of 7 laps on Sport Hard.

You may choose to race out in front on Racing Hard tyres and try to build up a comfortable lead, or opt to try and stay in contention with Sport Hard from the off, that’s up to you.

Damage will be set to heavy for this race, so be careful when passing cars that are using sport hard as they will be a lot slower than you if on racing hard.

This is set to run in conjunction with Autodromo Nazionale Monza post # 61 (wet) as a rest bit from the eye popping spray. (Enjoy)

Phillip.

Last edited:
I'm running a room tonight for tuned NASCAR. It will open before 6pm Central Time. Will let people tune and do qualifying laps before hand and races to start at 6:30 sharply!!
Races will be Hot Laps!!! (Tomorrow afternoon will be enduros!!)

Tonights tracks will be at Daytona and Indy. I will run a qualifying session from 6-6:30pm. After qualifications we will race (4) 3 laps, (3) 5 laps, (2) 10 lap, (1) 15 lap & (1) 20 lap at Daytona. Time between each race will be 5 minutes or less depending on room conditions. Then at approximately 8:30pm the track selection will switch over to Indy! The same qualification process will be in effect! Indy Hot Laps will start at approximately 9pm and run to 11:30pm (before midnight)!!

I'm hoping this room runs smooth and the racers joining understand clean n fun racing while keeping the competitive edge. If someone is racing out of control I will leave the race and boot such player! If we continue to run these races I will like to further it with cautions and pace car in the near future!!!

Either look for NASCAR Hot Laps after 6pm Central Time Tonight or send friend's request at PSN ID: CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83

Last night was some of the best racing for a very long time, thanks to all those who made it so enjoyable, my last lap battle for 4th at Monza with Haitham was a particular high point :cheers:

I absolutely loved the racing last night. Indeed very close racing. Nice pictures Ali 👍 I hope we can have just as much fun tonight :)

picture.php

Honda S800 RSC Race Car & Tsukuba have to go together

An evening of racing Tonight Friday 17 June in this forgotten classic.

18 laps of head to head fun
Phillip.

Here's my current setup

103BHP/660kg

S800 RSC Race Car '68 at Tsukuba

Racing hard tyres

ABS 10

DF 10/23

Final Gear 3.000 max 160 km/h (~100MPH)

F3.000

LSD 20/18/24

-10/0
5.3/4.8
7/7
7/7
7/1

1.0/0.5
0.00/0.00

brakes 5/8

Lap time in free air : 1'06.811

MadMax

Well the little Honda S800 race car made for good close racing.

Thanks to everyone that joined in. 👍

Phillip.

Thnks for letting me join in, it was even more fun than I had imagined, you guys are great drivers, I had an amazing battle with el280 for almost a whole 18 laps, unfortunately I got friends over during the second race and had to leave. I´ll be checking your raceevenings out hope I can participate another time.
Thanks to MadMax for sharing your setup, with a 1:08.2 in an untuned car, I still have a lots of room for improvement :)

Last edited:
Thnks for letting me join in, it was even more fun than I had imagined, you guys are great drivers, I had an amazing battle with el280 for almost a whole 18 laps, unfortunately I got friends over during the second race and had to leave. I´ll be checking your raceevenings out hope I can participate another time.
Thanks to MadMax for sharing your setup, with a 1:08.2 in an untuned car, I still have a lots of room for improvement :)

Your very welcome to join us in any race events we put on, they are put on by the members for the enjoyment of the members.
You’ll find another you can keep your eye on, they are all relaxed polite racers and always willing to help you improve your racing.
GTP_IDOR

Thanks for the great combo Phil 👍

MadMax

Glad you enjoyed it Pekka, you were on fire. Ali and I tested this one out some months ago, we both thought it would make for good close racing for an evening. 👍

We may be opening this thread up again for nights of random races, if you read back in the posts you'll see the sort of thing.

Phillip

Cracking fun last night, some really good, clean and friendly racing. Had some superb battles with Sutuki, MadMax and Dranddad in particular. Have a video of a 3 car nose to tail battle lasting nearly 10 laps which I'll try to post later.

Would be good if we could extend this combo to include some of the other shorter more twisty tracks too, London, Madrid and Autumn ring spring to mind but I'm sure there are more. Clearly these cars aren't built for Monza or Le Sarthe but on the twisty stuff, the racing is super close. I will be on tonight all being well if anyone is about.

On a side note, sorry about my calamitous abrupt exit last night. You'll be pleased to hear the laptop and all 3 remotes are now fully functioning again, unfortunately the same cannot be said of my DS3 :( I now know why you should never drink and drive even on a computer game :dunce:

Cracking fun last night, some really good, clean and friendly racing. Had some superb battles with Sutuki, MadMax and Dranddad in particular. Have a video of a 3 car nose to tail battle lasting nearly 10 laps which I'll try to post later.

Yeah we had a couple really good races yesterday 👍. Pekka was going a bit too fast though :D

Would be good if we could extend this combo to include some of the other shorter more twisty tracks too, London, Madrid and Autumn ring spring to mind but I'm sure there are more.

Sounds good, let's try those tonight!

Sorry the DS3 has bought it andy, try Surgical spirit and cotton buds, could be just the sticky fluid on the PCB open it up sock the cotton bud in the spirit and clean all the PCB boards, plus all other electrical contacts.

I use to do it often on the PS1 / PS2 controller, may work and save a number of pounds.
Phillip.

America Road Course Indy. Speedway Indy, Speedway Daytona, Laguna
Cars to be used: Nascar
Ford, Corvette, Viper, Dodge, Camaro, Aem, Shelby, Chaparral, Cadillac, DMC, Pontiac, Tank.

picture.php

Come Flex your Muscle at Laguna Seca Raceway

All you fit boys can do battle like real gladiators in these cars.​

Saturday afternoon fun all welcome.

Room 1472-6118-3701-4252-9660 Open closed for now may open later on demand

Phillip​

Yes I know the picture is not Laguna.

Last edited:
Come Flex your Muscle at Laguna Seca Raceway

All you fit boys can do battle like real gladiators in these cars.​

Saturday afternoon fun all welcome.

Room 1472-6118-3701-4252-9660 Open

Phillip​

Yes I know the picture is not Laguna.

Nice Phil, will this be running tonight? can't do this afternoon as my little nephew and niece are visiting! Any restrictions or stock vehicles only?

Nice Phil, will this be running tonight? can't do this afternoon as my little nephew and niece are visiting! Any restrictions or stock vehicles only?

Room 1472-6399-8494-1423-6357 Open

I'm sure it will be if guys turn up.

Thanks to Spy, Ali, Wes, Kevin, Dan, (GTP) Phil and anyone I've missed for the few races, all makes it worth while.

Enjoy your dingy trip Ahoy captain Kevin.

Phillip.

Last edited:
Some great racing again here tonight with the usual crew. The old Superbird may not have been the fastest but she did look great as she rolled through those corners :lol:

Some great racing again here tonight with the usual crew. The old Superbird may not have been the fastest but she did look great as she rolled through those corners :lol:

Glad you enjoyed it, we ran this in the afternoon and the evening, there was a good turn out each time thanks to all that came in, flexing their Muscles. 👍

A small video of the relaxed fun from Laguna.

Andy with he’s nice purple jelly car, I’m sure he was doing his best to turn it over.

Wes in the Vette doing battle, sometimes a little too much battle

Duke in the Corvette race car, maybe one car not to pick for sport hard with the controller

Dragon staying well back from the battle with Wes and Duke, wise move.

Phillip.

Wes in the Vette doing battle, sometimes a little too much battle
Phillip.
Nice one Philip.👍

I thought you were going to show a lot worse driving by me by that statement I quoted.:lol:
But none of those accidents I saw were my fault. The crash with Duke was not my fault at all. He just drifted that corner at 40 km/h, I braked hard but couldn't avoid contact.

Back