GTP_Classics.Watch thread for room number.

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 168 comments
I'd love to compete but I can't get the car so I'll just wait for the next one.

GTP_Eriba Lounge.

Rome Reverse
Post #12

GTP_MeAgainstYou vs GTP_Sutuki in the Ferrari F40 vs Maserati race here at Rome Reverse, both May and Ali went for the F40 and what a battle it was. Nose to tail and door to door for the most part, without trading any paint, as the mechanical damage was set to Heavy.

Both knowing that the smallest mistake would be the end of their race, the end result was a photo finish with only 0.087 between the two.

Some pictures taken from the replay.
picture.php

May cutting back under a small over run by Ali.
picture.php

Side by side action down the home straight.
picture.php

A photo finish with GTP_MeAganistYou just taking it at the line.
With a fantastic last minute jump from second place within meters of the finish.

If you’ve got what it takes to keep your nerve under pressure, knowing mechanical Damage is set to Heavy, come along and give it a go.

Phillip.

Last edited:
hehe nice battles :)

nurb was also great but tsukuba was freaking awesome... 10 laps of action... top defending/attacking maneuvers.. (i saved that one.. and was a delight)

ps: in the photo above it's me taking it at the line :D

:cheers:

hehe nice battles :)

nurb was also great but tsukuba was freaking awesome... 10 laps of action... top defending/attacking maneuvers.. (i saved that one.. and was a delight)

ps: in the photo above it's me taking it at the line :D

:cheers:

Yeah MAY took the win in Rome, I lost some speed after a slight touch with the wall in the very last corner and came second :D.

Thanks for the races mate, Tsukuba was absolutely awesome!! 👍

What time do you race? I checked regularly yesterday but there was no one there at all.

What time do you race? I checked regularly yesterday but there was no one there at all.

We are there now, I'm in the Alfa 8C Competizione at the moment 👍

But can change to any on the list for Rome

Or if members would like to Indicate when they are able to join, here in the thread that would help too, as one can’t be expected to sit in the lounge on the off chance that someone may join in.

Phillip

Last edited:
Hi guys. Would love to take part in this. Can anybody tell me which car is best for Bob to win the Historic Cup with?
That historic car race was the most difficult one to finish of all B-spec challenges. Spy suggested I used the LP400 because that worked for him, but to me only the T7 would do the job. I think I tried about 40 times before it finally won. Trick is to have a bob above level 25 and fully tune the car (turbo 2). Set speed to increase, push overtake every time you see a chance to improve a spot and, most important of all, let him slow down right after the tunnel and just before the finish straight or he'll crash into the barrier and all is lost. Also, don't use a lineup where a 2J is in starting place 1-4. When he's in first spot after the first few curves, stop the race because you have no chance of winning.

Good luck 👍

Hi guys. Would love to take part in this. Can anybody tell me which car is best for Bob to win the Historic Cup with?

That historic car race was the most difficult one to finish of all B-spec challenges. Spy suggested I used the LP400 because that worked for him, but to me only the T7 would do the job. I think I tried about 40 times before it finally won. Trick is to have a bob above level 25 and fully tune the car (turbo 2). Set speed to increase, push overtake every time you see a chance to improve a spot and, most important of all, let him slow down right after the tunnel and just before the finish straight or he'll crash into the barrier and all is lost. Also, don't use a lineup where a 2J is in starting place 1-4. When he's in first spot after the first few curves, stop the race because you have no chance of winning.

Good luck 👍

Steven is spot on Toyota 7 race car is the way to go, if your bob is low LV try moving the gearing to a top speed of 150mph or what ever in kph. make more use of the overtake button than the go buddy faster button.

May take up a few runs to get the timing right but you will get it.

The Rome race event is also running other cars from Italy as well to keep with the theme, so you can always still join and we can change to one on the list.

Post #12

Phillip.

Last edited:
I'm doing the most mind numbing of endurance races right now, the Indy 500. Have to pause every 30 laps or so and walk away to prevent me from falling asleep. If I manage to finish it today I will join.

I'm doing the most mind numbing of endurance races right now, the Indy 500. Have to pause every 30 laps or so and walk away to prevent me from falling asleep. If I manage to finish it today I will join.

We're doing this too, but where are the right turns.

Phillip.

Last edited:
Is there any racing going on at around 3am-6am GMT. I'd like to try it out if there is anybody to race against

Is there any racing going on at around 3am-6am GMT. I'd like to try it out if there is anybody to race against

Sorry but thats way to late for me, as I get older I seem to need more and more beauty sleep, not that it's working. :grumpy:

Anybody can open a lounge and run the event with members guests, you dont have to wait for a room to be opened.

If you see members in the GTP_Chat, the who's online list or PSN list you can open a lounge and invite them to try the theme and race combo that has been setup, maybe one that you've not thought off and would like to enjoy as its set.

Yes it would be great to have no time zones, where we all could race at the same time but alas that's never going to happen.

I'm not going to go on, I'm sure your all intelligent enough to know this, all the cars in the combo theme / format are tested and work well, grab as many friends / members as you can and enjoy.

If you see me on invite me I'll join you anytime. 👍

Phillip.

Thanks for the advice on the Historic Cup, guys. Bob managed it eventually in a fully tuned Toyota 7. I've got the Alpha and have done some practice, I like it.

I'm having the same problem as others in that I can never seem to catch you guys online. I'm usually on between 6 and 11pm(ish)GMT. I've noticed you in the chat room Phillip but it always seems to be a password protected room.

If you could PM me via PSN when you're racing and I'm online and I'll jump in.

Hopefully catch you on the track.

I'm in the lounge, if anyone would like to join you need the cars in your favorites folder to use online. as per the setting in Post #12

Phillip.

Hey Phillip, any plans to change the car/track for this week? Last weekend saw some great racing and the scheduled combos certainly provided a great starting point, even if we did go a little off topic later on in the evenings!!

Deutsches Supercar Festival

A celebration of German automotive excellence at the hallowed Nurburgring

picture.php

This week we will be racing road legal German supercars and performance cars around various incarnations of the famous Nurburgring. Performance tuning is allowed within the restrictions set out below but in order to keep the look and feel of the event, no aerodynamic additions are allowed.

Event Restrictions:

Make: German manufacturers only (as designated by the game, e.g. Lamborghini is Italian even though we all know they are German designed cars!)
Model: Road cars only, No race cars/DTM/race modified cars
Tuning: All tuning is allowed except the addition of aerodynamic devices
Tyres: Maximum Racing Hard
BHP: maximum 631bhp
Weight: minimum 1080kg

The number of laps will be dependent on the variation of the track being used for each race but we will aim to keep races around the 20 minute mark to allow new people to join without having to wait for too long.

Please note that SRF will be disabled for these races, however other aids are allowed as drivers see fit to accomodate the variety of driver levels and experiences participating.

Also, to promote good clean racing, mechanical damage will be set to heavy (with the exception of races involving the Nordschleife).

Have fun and see you on track - Andy :cheers:

Last edited:
It is, although you need to add me or Phillip on PSN (GTP_Eriba or GTP_DGiant2000). I'm just eating so will be on in about half an hour.

Ok... confused. My PSN says you're online, but you're not visible under my "community" tab. (I restarted the game, didn't help.)

Edit: You show up now. Had to clear the cache for some reason. :confused:

Last edited:
Ok... confused. My PSN says you're online, but you're not visible under my "community" tab. (I restarted the game, didn't help.)

Edit: You show up now. Had to clear the cache for some reason. :confused:

Oh yeah, sorry, you need to exit and go back in to find me. Click the orange tab above my coffee cup and join our room.

hmm, very odd. I'm in GTP_Sutuki room but you should be able to follow me in there. If you cant, add GTP_Sutuki to your friends and I'll tell him you're adding him.

If you come to chat, this may be easier!!

I hope to be able to join your races im in -5 est please add me

psn gtp-velocity

Back