Dr_Slump's Car Ambulance! (Garage)///Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe 06!

• Thread starter dr_slump
  • 448 comments
Nismo 400R i can send you the car and you can duplicate one for yourself after u finish tuning

Hmm, ok I'll do it.
You can see my PSN-ID on the left.

Tires? Wishes?

Finally an RX7 FC tune! I'll give your settings a go and try to give a review afterwards. :)
After comparing your tune to my previous setup. I felt that yours made the car feel much more balanced. Turn-in was remarkably better and stable throughout most of the Nurburgring. The toe angle : +0.20/-0.25 made the rear too unpredictable so I opted with the second toe angle settings. I also softened the rear spring rates slightly so I could keep the car's stock spoiler. But other than that, you created a very fun and balanced tune, thank you for sharing it. I'll be keeping an eye on your future tunes :)
Yeah, I thought the toe angle is a bit special, that's why I made a second one. Thanks!

(And it is a superb drift car:))

Last edited:
Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 /
& (GT Academy Version)

Crazed_Coupe
Hey man do you think you could maybe put out a Nissan GT-R Spec V '09 tune setup? If you do decide to tune it for me I would like the car to be good around the trck on racing softs! 👍

You need all tuning parts!

GT-Shop:
If you have the normal GT-R, the chassis reinforcement is optional, but recommended.
If you have the Academy one, do it! It only costs 500Cr!

Front Aero Type A
Rear Aero Type A
Extension Type A
Rear Wing Type A

Aerodynamic (not for Academy)
Front: 2
Rear: 15

Ballast
kg : 0
Position : 0

Transmission
Top Speed: 199mph/320kph (232mph/373kph)
1st: 3.935
2nd: 2.562
3rd: 1.947
4th: 1.545
5th: 1.237
6th: 1.017
Final: 2.950
(1. default, 2. max. speed, 3. single gear ratios, 4. final gear)
When you want to change top speed, just adjust the final gear, otherwise the single gear ratios would be lost.

LSD
- Initial Torque : 5/9
- Acceleration : 30/45
- Braking : 5/30

Torque Sensing Differential
- Torque Split : 25/75

Suspension
- Ride Height : -20/-19
- Spring Rate : 14.5/11.5
- Dampers (Extension) : 5/4
- Dampers (Compression) : 6/5
- Anti-Roll Bars : 6/6

- Camber angle : 2.1/1.6
- Toe Angle : +0.10/+0.05

Brakes
- Brake Balance 6/4 (try rear 5 for the normal GT-R)

Tires
-Race Soft

Additional notes
Try rear downforce 22 with rear toe -0.25 (not for the Academy Version)

Last edited:
NISSAN GT-R SPECV '09 TUNED BY Dr_Slump's Car Ambulance REVIEW:

Let me start of by saying that Dr_Slump tuned that can very quickly after asking him to tune the car which is a thumbs up for me!👍 When I first bought the GTR I fully tuned it with racing soft tires and took it out to Trial Mountain Circuit for a spin and I noticed some big issues with the handling of the car. First off the car was very unstable when entering any corner with the back end sloshing around and getting almost sideways if you couldn't handle it. Secondly I also noticed that once you did successfully get into the turn that car had a load of under steer which made me hit the breaks to avoid hitting the wall which it turn obviously made for slow lap times that didn't look good for a 800+ horsepower monster. I felt I had ran the car enough with the stock tune to feel a difference between it and a better tune so I went ahead and put Dr_Slump's tune on the GTR. The first thing that I noticed was that it was a lot more stable at high speeds and going into the corners due mainly to the new arrow kit (I did not put the spoiler on the car due to the fact that it ruined the way the car looked IMO). The car was a hell of a lot quicker through the corners with a lot less under steer but not to much to where it would create over steer, it striked the perfect balance between the two. The best time I could run with the stock tune on the GTR with racing softs was around 1:23:XXX and after the tune setup the best I could get out of it was a 1:21:307 which I could probably get a bit quicker just because I only did about 8 trials on Trial Mountain Circuit but still a very good lap time IMO. As you can see there is a big difference between the two setups and Dr_Slump's is victorious! So, all in all anyone who is looking for a fast track car that can put up some good times should try out this setup for sure. I want to thank you again for the setup and quickly tuning the car for me and I will be back for more tunes! :)

NISSAN GT-R SPECV '09 TUNED BY Dr_Slump's Car Ambulance REVIEW:

Let me start of by saying that Dr_Slump tuned that can very quickly after asking him to tune the car which is a thumbs up for me!👍 When I first bought the GTR I fully tuned it with racing soft tires and took it out to Trial Mountain Circuit for a spin and I noticed some big issues with the handling of the car. First off the car was very unstable when entering any corner with the back end sloshing around and getting almost sideways if you couldn't handle it. Secondly I also noticed that once you did successfully get into the turn that car had a load of under steer which made me hit the breaks to avoid hitting the wall which it turn obviously made for slow lap times that didn't look good for a 800+ horsepower monster. I felt I had ran the car enough with the stock tune to feel a difference between it and a better tune so I went ahead and put Dr_Slump's tune on the GTR. The first thing that I noticed was that it was a lot more stable at high speeds and going into the corners due mainly to the new arrow kit (I did not put the spoiler on the car due to the fact that it ruined the way the car looked IMO). The car was a hell of a lot quicker through the corners with a lot less under steer but not to much to where it would create over steer, it striked the perfect balance between the two. The best time I could run with the stock tune on the GTR with racing softs was around 1:23:XXX and after the tune setup the best I could get out of it was a 1:21:307 which I could probably get a bit quicker just because I only did about 8 trials on Trial Mountain Circuit but still a very good lap time IMO. As you can see there is a big difference between the two setups and Dr_Slump's is victorious! So, all in all anyone who is looking for a fast track car that can put up some good times should try out this setup for sure. I want to thank you again for the setup and quickly tuning the car for me and I will be back for more tunes! :)

Wow! Thank you very much!
The first review I got. :)
The spoiler ruins the look? Really? Hmm ok, but it would help you a bit (front downforce 2 reduces understeer, rear downforce 15 makes the car more stable).
Have you tested my additional note? It's a little special and not everyone would like it, that's why I wrote it as an additional.

Last edited:
The more I drive the RX7 the more I love it. You specialize in old classic cars? I've got a Skyline Hard Top 2000GT-R (KPGC10) '70 I've been tinkering with but it's still a handful to drive on the ring. I was wondering if you were planning on doing a tune for it :)

Which car? Do you mean the Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73?

Ahh sorry, I see.....

Ehhm, I haven't got this car yet. How is it to drive?

Last edited:
Wow! Thank you very much!
The first review I got. :)
The spoiler ruins the look? Really? Hmm ok, but it would help you a bit (front downforce 2 reduces understeer, rear downforce 15 makes the car more stable).
Have you tested my additional note? It's a little special and not everyone would like it, that's why I wrote it as an additional.

I actually just put it on and i'm going to give it a go and then i'll let you know what I think! :) The spoiler does sorta ruin the look for me but I figured it would help with the lap times a lot so I put it on.👍

Edit: I didn't like the additional note setup as much as the original one to be honest. I also ran a 1:20:509 on Trial Mountain Circuit with the spoiler and the original setup! :)

Last edited:
Which car? Do you mean the Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73?

Ahh sorry, I see.....

Ehhm, I haven't got this car yet. How is it to drive?

In stock form the car's rear loves to slide out. It's a fun car to race in 450pp rooms and can keep up with more modern sports cars. I could send you one of mine to play with if you want.

In stock form the car's rear loves to slide out. It's a fun car to race in 450pp rooms and can keep up with more modern sports cars. I could send you one of mine to play with if you want.

Hmm, yeah would be cool.
450pp? Sport Hard?

I'm curious to test it.

REVIEW OF THE RUF CTR "YELLOWBIRD" TUNED BY Dr_Slump's Car Ambulance:

Ahh where do I begin with this crazy Yellowbird.. This car is an absolute monster with some huge glaring issues such as extreme over steer, crazy wheel spin, a tendency to have a mind of it's own, etc.. It is a pretty crazy car already tuned by RUF out of the box but once you add even more power to the already high powered Porsche you have yourself a big tuning challenge ahead of you and that is why I turned to Dr_Slump. I added all the upgrades and took it to Trial Mountain Circuit to give it a spin and because I had previously driven the car, I had some idea of how to handle it but wow the car takes no prisoners that's for damn sure. I had trouble getting consistent lap times because the car would be all over the place due to the high horsepower, the MR drive train, and the weight of the small car! I dropped Dr_Slump's tune setup into the car and right away I could notice a difference, hardly no wheel spin when taking off, as I went through the turns I could also notice that the car did show a lot less over steer but of course being the car that it is, it will ALWAYS have some of it that you will have to learn how to manage. IMO the over steer is what makes the car what it is and I'm glad you didn't completely try to opt out the over steer. I also loved the fact that there was no extra weight added onto the car (ballast) like some other tuning garages had done, no disrespect intended. I liked driving the car around knowing that I wasn't lugging around any extra weight with me to maximize my lap times. Once you figure out how to control this Porsche it will be a very rewarding car that is loads of fun to drive, trust me!

I have already used one of Dr_Slump's tunes, the Nissan GTR SpecV '09 and I loved it, so I figured I would give this setup a go because I liked the other one so much and you guessed it, another great tune my friend! :D I will be back to try out and review more of your tunes in the future, that is if it's okay with you. :cheers:

REVIEW OF THE RUF CTR "YELLOWBIRD" TUNED BY Dr_Slump's Car Ambulance:

I will be back to try out and review more of your tunes in the future, that is if it's okay with you. :cheers:

Glad you liked it!
It's not the easiest tune on gtplanet. If you can handle it, it will probably be the fastest. If you can't, try another tune (example: Noobsteers).

Of course is it okay when you do more reviews.

Another thing:
I know I said that I'll release the 300SL soon, but I think I'll not be able to release it before wednesday. I've just too much other stuff in real life to do.

Last edited:
Hello dr_slump, i've tested yesterday your Nissan G_T_R and what i have to say. Perfect it is nothing, BRILLIANT car. One of the best tuning for G_T_R which i have tested. Thank you for these car and still waiting your BTR 86 to be released.

Hello dr_slump, i've tested yesterday your Nissan G_T_R and what i have to say. Perfect it is nothing, BRILLIANT car. One of the best tuning for G_T_R which i have tested. Thank you for these car and still waiting your BTR 86 to be released.

Thank you!
Well, have you tested the BTR beta-tune? What do you think? When you could give me some feedback, I could do it better.

Last edited:
@all GT-R testers

Oh forgot to ask what you guys think about my transmission setting.
I thought the best is when I set a shorter one than usual. Especially the first and slightly the second gear ratio is pretty short to start quickly and pull away at the race start.
And how is the top speed? Too low? That's why I wrote the Final Gear addition, how to lengthen it.

The reason why I ask is that I'm not sure if it's good enough and if I should try to do a better one.

Last edited:
@all GT-R testers

I thought the best is when I set a shorter one than usual. Especially the first and slightly the second gear ratio is pretty short to start quickly and pull away at the race start.
And how is the top speed? Too low? That's why I wrote the Final Gear addition, how to lengthen it.

The reason why I ask is that I'm not sure if it's good enough and if I should try to do a better one.

I think it's perfect for any short to medium track, it wouldn't be good for a track with a big straight such as Nurburgring or La Sarthe. It will blow anything off the line at the start that's for sure! 👍

From the start of the race, the FC doesn't get left behind like it used to. AWD cars get the jump but the FR will slowly gain on them before the first corner. I'm no expert on transmission gearing but I say you're definitely on the right track with your gear settings :dopey:

The FC won't be catching the GTR though buddy.

;)
No, that's for sure (except when you use a power limiter on it to make the power equal;))

Thanks for all the replys to my transmission question.

I'll release 3-4 cars this week. Mercedes-Benz 300SL & SLS and a little surprise(it's japanese and drives like a go-kart)!

I accidentally discovered your tunes yesterday. I usually look at the tuning garages for unique cars or cars I wouldnt normally try however, I have a few RUF cars in my garage from when I first started collecting and trying to do some of the super=car races. I really struggled with the Yellowbird RUF early on and my only solution was a little bit of LSD tweaking based on feedback in RKMs garage (many thanks!) and sticking on some Racing Medium tires to try to get rid of the wheel spin. I would prefer not to add more HP to this car so I need to ask you some questions about the transmission settings.
My feedback is based on your settings although I did not apply the final engine tune (stage 3) and final weight reduction (stage 3). I think the turbo is mid-range.

I must say this is a huge improvement on the out of the box car and I was actually able to learn to "control" the beast during 2 tries on the Nurburgring GP/F track. I was hoping to try this with the SuperCar Seasonal but I am having trouble getting on PSN again. My times were not terribly consistent, as another reviewer pointed out, but I was able to get some better times than expected. My transmission may need some tweaking to match your exact settings, but I ended up close to your ratios and my top speed was 404 kph. Your settings for 2 and 3rd gear really helped me get the power of this beast to the road when accelerating between corners on the GP track. I still had a lot of oversteer and was easily able to set free the tires if I was too agressive with the trottle out of the corner but with practice I may get some better times yet.

I will post some times when I do some practice runs and hot lap and I will even try it online in my own lounge if i can get on PSN again.

I am also interested in trying a Nordschleiffe challenge with this little car but I would like to reduce the HP to the "stock" RUF car. Any suggestions on this? I saw some notes on raising the ride height so I will try those as well.

dr_slump: I will try out some more of your tunes and try to give you some feedback. I am no GT champ, but still enjoying collecting weird cars and driving the seasonals as a way to get $ and try something different. I actually enjoy the French championship to try some different low powered cars and tuning small bits at a time to try to get first without going too high on PP.

Thanks again for your tunes.

Tommy K?

That's my guess.

No, the car I mean is (or better: sounds) like a bee.

...and sticking on some Racing Medium tires to try to get rid of the wheel spin. I would prefer not to add more HP to this car so I need to ask you some questions about the transmission settings.
My feedback is based on your settings although I did not apply the final engine tune (stage 3) and final weight reduction (stage 3). I think the turbo is mid-range.

I am also interested in trying a Nordschleiffe challenge with this little car but I would like to reduce the HP to the "stock" RUF car. Any suggestions on this? I saw some notes on raising the ride height so I will try those as well.

Thanks again for your tunes.
Thanks for your feedback!
I have a question: What do you mean with Race Medium tires? Only on the front (and soft on the rear)?

When you prefer not to add more HP, you should shorten the transmission a bit. The easiest way is to set a higher Final Gear (the revs should be at peak power at the end of the straight).
I see you're using a mid-range turbo. Won't you try a high-range one? My experience shows me that it's easier to control, cause the engine would be much more predictable and linear. Another problem with a med-range turbo is that the transmission doesn't match with it and you have to shift manual. Do you?
If you like the mid one and shift manual, you must lengthen the gears and not shorten them.

Nürburgring Nordschleife: I can remember that I drove it on the Nordschleife long ago, but I think it wasn't necessary to raise the ride height. Maybe a softer tune could be helpful, but you definitely have to try it.

Other reviews would be appreciated! Thanks!

EDIT: Oh and remember: a previous post

Last edited:
No, the car I mean is (or better: sounds) like a bee.

I have a question: What do you mean with Race Medium tires? Only on the front (and soft on the rear)?

When you prefer not to add more HP, you should shorten the transmission a bit. The easiest way is to set a higher Final Gear (the revs should be at peak power at the end of the straight).
I see you're using a mid-range turbo. Won't you try a high-range one? My experience shows me that it's easier to control, cause the engine would be much more predictable and linear. Another problem with a med-range turbo is that the transmission doesn't match with it and you have to shift manual. Do you?
If you like the mid one and shift manual, you must lengthen the gears and not shorten them.

Mugen MUGEN S2000 ‘00 ??????????????????? I'm at work no game but it seems that there is one like this who have a very high rpm max.. ???

Mugen MUGEN S2000 ‘00 ??????????????????? I'm at work no game but it seems that there is one like this who have a very high rpm max.. ???

Very high rpm is very good! It rotates over 10'000! But it isn't the S2000.
Ok another tip: It has a very small engine and was built in the 90'

dr_slump, your BTR i have not tested yet but I will today night, so i'll post a feedback tomorrow.

I have also another request (if its possible), could you made a tuning for Bugatti? What I need is a car for Nurburg (good speed and perfect at corners (good hangling)). So, if its possible to do it will be more then perfect.

Thank you.

dr_slump, your BTR i have not tested yet but I will today night, so i'll post a feedback tomorrow.

I have also another request (if its possible), could you made a tuning for Bugatti? What I need is a car for Nurburg (good speed and perfect at corners (good hangling)). So, if its possible to do it will be more then perfect.
Yes, I can do one.
But there's one thing you guys should know:

I'm still working on 3-4 tunes and already got some requests. I've not much time this week for them and unfortunately I'm not at home next week (mo-sa)!
The earliest date to tune your car would be sunday in a week (19. June).
Ok?

dr_slump, thanks for your reply.
My message was a bit scattered, sorry about that. I didnt fully implement your tune yet but I wanted to post my feedback so far.

Before running your tune, my Yellowbird (now blue thanks to my kids), had Racing Medium tires all around to help me with the inevitable wheel spin. I prefer to put Sports Soft unless racing against others with Race tires. I ran your tune with Sport Soft (f&r) and it was still fantastic! Im sure it will be even better with race tires and I will test again with your full tune.

Yes, I prefer to shift manually and have assists off (ABS=1) when testing tunes unless you suggest otherwise. Thank you with your advice. Im not sure why I had the mid-range on there (stock?), it was in my garage like that so I haven't upgraded the turbo yet. I think I will try the High Range as you suggest. I dont fully understand how to setup my individual ratios without reading tunes here on GTPlanet.

Nürburgring Nordschleife: I can remember that I drove it on the Nordschleife long ago, but I think it wasn't necessary to raise the ride height. Maybe a softer tune could be helpful, but you definitely have to try it.

Thanks for the link. I will try the Nordschleife next and I can post a review of the full tune on there as well.

@all GT-R testers

Great job on the transmission bud! Very good job on the tune for this car, so far I've found only 2 good tunes for the GTR and yours is one of them :). Gearing on the tranny is superb, with the power it has I can reel in JGTC cars around Tsukuba quite easily for a street car (it does have over 300+ more HP then what I have on my 2 JGTC's :P).

Sad, it seems that nobody is interested in my tunes.(?):(

Are they too extreme, difficult or just bad? I don't know why I don't get any feedbacks. If somebody tried my tunes, could this person please write a little feedback, so that I can learn from it (or if you like it just a "Thanks this tune is great")?
Cause I can't make better tunes without feedbacks.

If really nobody will reply to my tunes, I think it would be time to close, cause this situation is not what I would like to keep it that way.

:(Thanks

Im sorry to see you are disappointed. I think most of us lurk, but you have tuned some interesting cars that I have not tuned before or seen tuned before. My favourite car was the BMW M3 07 for a while so I will definitely try this one out and post a review! Although, I'm a collector not a racer.

Im sorry to see you are disappointed. I think most of us lurk, but you have tuned some interesting cars that I have not tuned before or seen tuned before. My favourite car was the BMW M3 07 for a while so I will definitely try this one out and post a review! Although, I'm a collector not a racer.

Yeah and my next tunes will be also very special!

Mercedes-Benz 300SL & SLS; probably E-Type; BMW CSL and....

...the "surprise":
-Sounds like a bee
-Engine revs over 10'000rpm
-Drives like a go-kart
-Japanese
-Very small engine
-It looks like a ricer

Which car is it?

Back