Dr_Slump's Car Ambulance! (Garage)///Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe 06!

• Thread starter dr_slump
  • 448 comments
Only car I know that revs that high and is that small other then a Honda would be a cappuccino lol.

No!

Tommy
Honda
Suzuki

...the "surprise":
-Sounds like a bee
-Engine revs over 10'000rpm
-Drives like a go-kart
-Japanese
-Very small engine
-It looks like a ricer

Which car is it?

LOL man, is it found in the UCD or new car dealer ;)

New car dealer!

And no it's not the rx-7.

Tommy
Honda S2000
Suzuki Cappucino
Mazda RX-7

...the "surprise":
-Sounds like a bee
-Engine revs over 10'000rpm
-Drives like a go-kart
-Japanese
-Very small engine
-It looks like a ricer
-Premium

Which car is it?

dr_slump, your BTR i have not tested yet but I will today night, so i'll post a feedback tomorrow.

I have also another request (if its possible), could you made a tuning for Bugatti? What I need is a car for Nurburg (good speed and perfect at corners (good hangling)). So, if its possible to do it will be more then perfect.

Thank you.

A Bugatti is not the car your looking for to handle perfect around the corners..

:lol:

dr_slump i have tested the RUF. The car is difficult to drive without ASM and stabilizators BUT for me personally I like it. How RUF is passing the corners, like a rocket if you know how to drive and what car you are driving. He is fast, very good gerabox setup and I like how he is passing the corners.

So for me these RUF is the BEST from all others RUF's setups in these forum.

Thank you dr_slump for tune and so, waiting for Bugatti.

dr_slump i have tested the RUF. The car is difficult to drive without ASM and stabilizators BUT for me personally I like it. How RUF is passing the corners, like a rocket if you know how to drive and what car you are driving. He is fast, very good gerabox setup and I like how he is passing the corners.

So for me these RUF is the BEST from all others RUF's setups in these forum.

Thank you dr_slump for tune and so, waiting for Bugatti.

Thanks!

Well I read the patch 1.10 news and there's one interesting point:
Correction of Known Issues

PDI has addressed the issue of the maximum speed set in the transmission settings of the settings menu differing from the actual top speed of the car. This will affect cars equipped with the relevant transmission tuning part, and almost all racing cars. Cars for which each gear ratio was adjusted manually with a full customised transmission in update versions 1.07 and earlier will not be affected.
? Have I really to rework all transmission settings? :ouch:

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupé '54

You need all tuning parts!
Chassis reinforcement is optional, but recommended.

Ballast
kg : 0
Position : 0

Transmission
Top Speed: 155mph/250kph (198mph/319kph)
1st: 3.359
2nd: 2.423
3rd: 1.937
4th: 1.554
5th: 1.248
Final: 2.600
(1. default, 2. max. speed, 3. single gear ratios, 4. final gear)
When you want to change top speed, just adjust the final gear, otherwise the single gear ratios would be lost.

LSD
- Initial Torque : 5
- Acceleration : 48
- Braking : 15

Suspension
- Ride Height : -25/-25
- Spring Rate : 9.4/10.0
- Dampers (Extension) : 3/4
- Dampers (Compression) : 5/4
- Anti-Roll Bars : 5/6

- Camber angle : 2.4/2.1
- Toe Angle : +0.10/+0.05

Brakes
- Brake Balance 6/8

Tires
-Sport Soft / Race Soft

Last edited:
........damn patch 1.10!
I don't know if you guys have already noted it, but the patch changes the range of every single gear ratio!
You won't be able to set the gears like I wrote and almost every transmission setting you've set before the update is different now.
I thougt the goal of a patch is to improve something, but this is useless and annoying! :mad:

Here's a provisionally solution:
-Last gear as short as possible (highest number) and note the difference.
-Subtract on every other gear ratio this difference (usally 0.025-0.1).
-Reset the Final Gear till the top speed, shown at the top right corner (in the tuning menu), is equal like the top speed I wrote in brackets.

Hope this helps! (And now I've to rework them all :ouch:)

Last edited:
Ginetta G4 '64

You need all tuning parts! (High rpm turbo, but will add a transmission for a mid turbo)
Chassis reinforcement is optional, but I recommend it.

Ballast

Transmission
Top Speed: 137mph/220kph (196mph/315kph)
1st: 2.878
2nd: 2.128
3rd: 1.678
4th: 1.352
5th: 1.108
Final: 2.500

LSD
- Initial Torque : 16
- Acceleration : 17
- Braking : 13

Suspension
- Ride Height : -12/-3
- Spring Rate : 6.9/5.8
- Dampers (Extension) : 7/7
- Dampers (Compression) : 3/2
- Anti-Roll Bars : 7/6

- Camber angle : 2.2/2.0
- Toe Angle : -0.30/+0.25

Brakes
- Brake Balance 7/6

Tires
-Race Soft

Hi dr_slump, i've buy y first gineta, i've try to tune something but i will definitively stay with your tune it's very good around EIGER, i'm going to Monaco now... Congratulations. Lot of fun.!!!!

Yeah, I think a lot are just looking at the size and the quantity of a garage and ignore the small garages, cause they think: Hey, this garage is HUGE! I bet the tune are as GREAT as the garage is big! They must be the best tuners.......":indiff:

Well, I tend to try tunes from a lot of garages, but pretty much all of my written reviews are for RKM... I tend to spend a lot of time on tune reviews, and for some reason have stuck with just one shop (that and I've found that RKM suits my driving style very well). However, you've got a couple of tunes of cars I've been wanting to set up, I'll let you know after the weekend how it goes :)

REVIEW OF THE MERCEDES SL 300 COUPE '54 TUNED BY DR_SLUMP:

BEFORE:
This has to be one of the coolest rides from way back when and defiantly one of my most respected older ones! At first glance you wouldn't think this car could pack a punch being that it's from freaking 1954 but man does it ever. I bought the car after seeing Dr_Slump had made a tune for it and as usual went to the tuning shop and added all the upgrades and the front arrow kit and then proceeded to The Top Gear Test Track to give it a run. My first thoughts about the car was that is was pretty quick off the line but once I hit the second corner at The Top Gear Test Track the 1954 came out of the car with a lot of under steer and body roll.:lol: I drove the wheels off the old Benz for about 10 laps around the track with no real setup and the best I could do was a clean 1:14:2xx, which I thought wasn't to bad to begin with. The car didn't necessary burn out coming out of the corners but rather one wheel always tended to spin and make heaps of tire smoke which I thought would probably be a problem with the LSD.

AFTER:
I dropped Dr_Slump's tune into the '54 coupe I immediately noticed a difference when entering a corner with much less body roll and the car didn't seem to have as much under steer rather almost some over steer if you pushed it to hard. The problem with the LSD also seemed to be fixed because that one pesky real wheel that would always roast didn't do it at all this time! The over all fun factor of this car was also increased by quite a bit IMO. 👍 The lap time on The Top Gear Test Track was also a bit quicker at a 1:13:5xx which doesn't seem like much, but believe me it is! I also kept up with an LM Camaro on The Top Gear Test Track. ;)

THE VERDICT:
Another great tune setup by Dr_Slump, the car turned into a totally different one after the tuning setup, a old car that can compete with new age rides with a very high fun factor! 👍

Hi dr_slump, i've buy y first gineta, i've try to tune something but i will definitively stay with your tune it's very good around EIGER, i'm going to Monaco now... Congratulations. Lot of fun.!!!!

Well, I tend to try tunes from a lot of garages, but pretty much all of my written reviews are for RKM... I tend to spend a lot of time on tune reviews, and for some reason have stuck with just one shop (that and I've found that RKM suits my driving style very well). However, you've got a couple of tunes of cars I've been wanting to set up, I'll let you know after the weekend how it goes :)

REVIEW OF THE MERCEDES SL 300 COUPE '54 TUNED BY DR_SLUMP:

AFTER:
I dropped Dr_Slump's tune into the '54 coupe I immediately noticed a difference when entering a corner with much less body roll and the car didn't seem to have as much under steer rather almost some over steer if you pushed it to hard. The problem with the LSD also seemed to be fixed because that one pesky real wheel that would always roast didn't do it at all this time! The over all fun factor of this car was also increased by quite a bit IMO. 👍 The lap time on The Top Gear Test Track was also a bit quicker at a 1:13:5xx which doesn't seem like much, but believe me it is! I also kept up with an LM Camaro on The Top Gear Test Track. ;)

THE VERDICT:
Another great tune setup by Dr_Slump, the car turned into a totally different one after the tuning setup, a old car that can compete with new age rides with a very high fun factor! 👍
Thank you all!
Praiano, yes the ginetta is much fun, like the Yellowbird.

Racer it would be great when you give me some feedback. Thanks!

Crazed_Coupe:
Yes, the car is completely different now. But it was extreme hard work! I needed lots of tries.
I'm a bit surprised that the laptime is just 0.7 faster, my GVS times are 2-3sec faster.....anyway thanks!

Yeah man but the testing wasn't very consistent. I did about 10 trials with the stock tune setup and then about 4 with your setup, so I can defiantly shave some time off that lap time.

REVIEW OF THE GINETTA G4 '64 TUNED BY DR_SLUMP:

This is a very small car that's pretty dang quick and being that it's so light, very fun as well! I don't have to much to say about this little car except of course before I put the soon to be much better setup in the car I took it out for some evaluation and the car did have a tremendous amount of over steer and almost resembled a smaller version of the RUF CTR Yellowbird to me. The lap times produced by this car were not good by any means but i'd say they are good for the kind of car that it is, light and not a lot of power. I dropped the setup into the G4 and I noticed a difference throughout the turn with less under steer, still not gone by any means but a lot more controllable for sure. The car before the tune also seemed to have a bunch of body roll and a problem with one back wheel making a lot of tire smoke when exiting the corner which was also fixed with the new setup. All in all it's a good car to compete with others in it's weight and power class. I would not suggest taking on new age cars with more power like some other cars can do such as the Mercedes 300SL because it's just not that kind of car. A very good little setup for this G4, you just have to find the right person who can respect an old car and it's abilities. 👍

Let me know if you do enjoy these review Dr_Slump because I believe in reviewing every tune that I use and I seem to be flooding your garage with my reviews..:lol:

Revenge of the classics
The good Doctor makes 'em feel young again

Driver's note: I use the standard controller, no assists except ABS 1, manual transmission, and prefer to drive on the harder tire when a choice is given. Testing is done at Trial Mountain. Lap times are provided for comparison more than potential, I know I'm not the fastest guy in the game. I'm doing a self-tuned setup on the transmissions due to the last update changes, so my lap times may be a few tenths worse than they would be with a good transmission setup.

1954 Mercedes Benz 300 SL Coupe

Stock: 206 HP, 1295 kg, 398 PP, Comfort Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:54.860
Thoughts: In 1954, the 300 SL was the fastest production car available. No longer 1954, the stock SL can barely edge out the lap times of a modern stock Miata. It feels much heavier than it is, rocking like a boat when you make direction changes and chirping the Comfort Soft tires at modest corner speeds. There's no danger of losing control... just the danger of lulling yourself to sleep and forgetting to brake. It still looks beautiful, though.

Parts added, no settings changes: 377 HP, 1077 kg, 492 PP, Sports Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:38.572
Thoughts: OK, I had to laugh when adding front aero meant taking off the big chrome bumper. The extra parts made a big difference in the car, and it no longer felt sluggish at all. It was a little slow on corner entries and mid-corner, but still decent. On corner exit, the car had two modes: drift or understeer. The car definitely preferred to drift, which was fairly controllable, but the unexpected tire hook-up and understeer definitely slowed the lap times when it happened

Parts added, Tuned per Doctor's orders, 10 laps: HP, kg, PP, Sports Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:36.547
Thoughts: Though it still may not compete with new cars at the same PP, the Benz has turned into a very fun drive. It did take me several laps to get a feel for the car, as it's a pretty unique drive. The tendancy to drift has turned into the occasional back-end shimmy, and the understeer has been minimized nicely. Although the gearing seemed to me to be a bit too tall for this car's HP, it actually worked very well at the Mountain, making 2nd gear very usable without spins, and allowing me to shift a bit earlier into 5th to keep in the power band. Corner speeds are about what you would expect from a tuned car on sport softs, and the car is very comfortable and confident on corner entrance and exit. A very nice overall ride in every aspect of the track, and one of the more pleasent drives I've had in a classic car. (Self tuned transmission to a listed top speed of 198)

1964 Ginetta G4

Stock: 88 HP, 454 kg, 433 PP, Sports Hard Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:53.138
Thoughts: Light and powerless, but so light you take one look at the car and wonder what you could turn it into. Stock, it performs about as you'd expect from the numbers. It doesn't have enough power to be dangerous, it's very resposive and quick to turn, and stops on a dime. On the flip side, it doesn't have enough weight to give the tires good grip, so you're either getting a great speed in a corner if you're very smooth, or getting lateral drift if you twitch. This car feels like it would be more at home on a quick run on a mountain highway rather than on a track.

Parts added, no settings changes: 273 HP, 416 kg, 597 PP, Racing Soft Tires
Best Lap Time:1:32.929
Thoughts: I ran this with the same transmission I used in the tuned test, as hitting the red line for half a straight doesn't really give a good lap time comparison. The car is still quick and responsive, with very nice corner speeds and decent acceleration. However, the car loved to slide. mid-corner, entrance, or exit, the ar was either sliding or felt like it was about to. While the slide was generally controllable, it slowed the laps down a fair amount.

Parts added, Tuned per Doctor's orders, 10 laps: 273 HP, 416 kg, 597 PP, Racing Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:32.930
Thoughts: Now THIS is a fun car. It rails through corners, has pretty good speed, and stops on a dime. I had tried to tune this car previously, as nobody else had it set up. I failed, being that I'm not much of a tuner. Driving this car, with this tune, I firmly believe that if it had some downforce, it would be able to compete against the Elise. The only flaw in the car is the lack of downforce, as it's so light, it could really use some downward push to help the traction at high speed. The car also doesn't like rumble strips due to it's featherweight build, so a few corners had to be taken a little wider than I normally would. Truely a fun car, and great tune. (Self tuned transmission to a listed top speed of 196)

1966 Shelby Cobra 427

Stock: 496 HP, 1068 kg, 539 PP, Sports Hard Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:46.646
Thoughts: I believe it's a conspiracy... whenever a tire guy sees the Shelby Cobra, he automatically puts on Comfort Hard tires, regardless of what you paid for. It's the only way to explain the handling of this car. By the numbers, it should be pretty nice... good HP, low weight, decent stance. Instead, it's like accidentally bringing your roller skates to the ice rink. Doesn't matter if you're on the brakes, on the gas, coasting through a corner... the car will slide if you try to go fast.

Parts added, no settings changes: 743 HP, 918 kg, 586 PP, Race Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:30.887
Thoughts: So now we've got rocket powered roller skates with stickier wheels at the ice rink. Was this car built by Acme as custom Roadrunner chasing equipment? The Race Soft tires brought the lateral mid-corner slide into an almost controllable range, while the extra HP smoked the tires any time you punched the throttle in the power-band, regardless of the gear. The car is insanely fast, though, just not when the track has a turn.

Parts added, Tuned per Doctor's orders, 10 laps: 743 HP, 918 kg, 586 PP, Race Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:27.520
Thoughts: This car still has it's strengths and weaknesses. Still insanely fast, the monstrous accelleration makes you adjust your brake markers quite a bit. Although it feels like it takes forever to brake, the reality is that you're just going faster than you think. The car is now controllable on the throttle in 3rd-5th gear, while 2nd will still bite you if you don't respect it. Mid-corner speed is slightly below average, which is a nice improvement over where it was, and mid-corner slides are pretty much gone. The car's main weakness still is traction on corner entry, which feels like a combination of the huge braking required to slow it to corner speed, not enough weight to hold the cars down, and no downforce to assist. Because of those factors, I'm sure a driving adjustment is needed more than a tuning adjustment. If this was most other cars, the tune would be slightly below average for the end result. However, this was the dreaded Cobra, I give a big salute for bringing this beast to a controllable level with all of the available mods done, as it has the HP and weight of a group C Toyota GT-One on a narrow 45 year old chassis with no aerodynamics. There's still more speed to be had out of this car, but I find myself playing a bit conservative to avoid the wipe-out. (Self tuned transmission to a listed top speed of 260)

1969 Ford GT40

Stock: 512 HP, 998 kg, 579 PP, Racing Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:26.476
Thoughts: One of the best sounding cars in the game, this car is fast, but has some major weaknesses. Very strong in the straights, good braking, good accelleration, and very nice mid-corner speed. Unfortunately, if you even think about braking while the car is turning, ot powering out of a corner before straightening out, the back end will run away like a rear-engined RUF. Every bump in the car sends it hopping, and if you're in a turn, sliding. It seems like this car wants you treat corners as three seperate stages: Slow down, turn through the corner at steady throttle, then power out when you're straight. Any other way, and you're hanging onto this car like a cowboy at a rodeo.

Parts added, no settings changes: 550 HP, 998 kg, 591 PP, Racing Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:25.949
Thoughts: So, yeah, lets take a car that's hard to control on corner exit and give it turbo. Yeah. That sounds like a good idea. Basically, repeat everything said above, and add in a few drops of blood with some dizzyness and nausea. Oh, and will the owner of the Bugatti Veyron please return my front bumper? It's that red thing that was impact-welded into your back end when you parked it in turn 5.

Parts added, Tuned per Doctor's orders, 10 laps: 550 HP, 998 kg, 599 PP, Racing Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:23.633
Thoughts: This is one bad mamba-jamba. Powering out of corners in 3rd gear or higher is solid and stable, without a hint of spin or understeer, while 2nd gear provides a bit of controllable and predictable spin. You'll still get a slide braking into a corner, but it's been greatly reduced and is very easy to control direction even with the small slide. Corner speeds are pretty consistent with where they were before, but that was the cars strength to begin with. With these settings, it's now a very responsive handling machine, and very fast. I don't think I've hit my "wall" with this car; I'm sure I can go even faster with more time spent. Terrific tune on my favorite classic racer. (Self tuned transmission to a listed top speed of 224)

REVIEW OF THE GINETTA G4 '64 TUNED BY DR_SLUMP:

This is a very small car that's pretty dang quick and being that it's so light, very fun as well! I don't have to much to say about this little car except of course before I put the soon to be much better setup in the car I took it out for some evaluation and the car did have a tremendous amount of over steer and almost resembled a smaller version of the RUF CTR Yellowbird to me. The lap times produced by this car were not good by any means but i'd say they are good for the kind of car that it is, light and not a lot of power. I dropped the setup into the G4 and I noticed a difference throughout the turn with less under steer, still not gone by any means but a lot more controllable for sure. The car before the tune also seemed to have a bunch of body roll and a problem with one back wheel making a lot of tire smoke when exiting the corner which was also fixed with the new setup. All in all it's a good car to compete with others in it's weight and power class. I would not suggest taking on new age cars with more power like some other cars can do such as the Mercedes 300SL because it's just not that kind of car. A very good little setup for this G4, you just have to find the right person who can respect an old car and it's abilities. 👍

Let me know if you do enjoy these review Dr_Slump because I believe in reviewing every tune that I use and I seem to be flooding your garage with my reviews..:lol:
Of course do I enjoy these reviews! Fantastic!
Honestly, the Ginetta is very bad. It will never compete with other cars, but it is so much fun to to drive! When you can see this fact, you'll will love it.
Thank you!

Oh and have you already a new request? You told me that you don't want the Lotus Esprit anymore. I'm so grateful and think that I could give you the tune this week. (the actually provided tunes would have to wait then)

Revenge of the classics

1954 Mercedes Benz 300 SL Coupe

Parts added, Tuned per Doctor's orders, 10 laps: HP, kg, PP, Sports Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:36.547
Thoughts: Though it still may not compete with new cars at the same PP, the Benz has turned into a very fun drive. It did take me several laps to get a feel for the car, as it's a pretty unique drive. The tendancy to drift has turned into the occasional back-end shimmy, and the understeer has been minimized nicely. Although the gearing seemed to me to be a bit too tall for this car's HP, it actually worked very well at the Mountain, making 2nd gear very usable without spins, and allowing me to shift a bit earlier into 5th to keep in the power band. Corner speeds are about what you would expect from a tuned car on sport softs, and the car is very comfortable and confident on corner entrance and exit. A very nice overall ride in every aspect of the track, and one of the more pleasent drives I've had in a classic car. (Self tuned transmission to a listed top speed of 198)

1964 Ginetta G4

Parts added, Tuned per Doctor's orders, 10 laps: 273 HP, 416 kg, 597 PP, Racing Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:32.930
Thoughts: Now THIS is a fun car. It rails through corners, has pretty good speed, and stops on a dime. I had tried to tune this car previously, as nobody else had it set up. I failed, being that I'm not much of a tuner. Driving this car, with this tune, I firmly believe that if it had some downforce, it would be able to compete against the Elise. The only flaw in the car is the lack of downforce, as it's so light, it could really use some downward push to help the traction at high speed. The car also doesn't like rumble strips due to it's featherweight build, so a few corners had to be taken a little wider than I normally would. Truely a fun car, and great tune. (Self tuned transmission to a listed top speed of 196)

1966 Shelby Cobra 427

Parts added, Tuned per Doctor's orders, 10 laps: 743 HP, 918 kg, 586 PP, Race Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:27.520
Thoughts: This car still has it's strengths and weaknesses. Still insanely fast, the monstrous accelleration makes you adjust your brake markers quite a bit. Although it feels like it takes forever to brake, the reality is that you're just going faster than you think. The car is now controllable on the throttle in 3rd-5th gear, while 2nd will still bite you if you don't respect it. Mid-corner speed is slightly below average, which is a nice improvement over where it was, and mid-corner slides are pretty much gone. The car's main weakness still is traction on corner entry, which feels like a combination of the huge braking required to slow it to corner speed, not enough weight to hold the cars down, and no downforce to assist. Because of those factors, I'm sure a driving adjustment is needed more than a tuning adjustment. If this was most other cars, the tune would be slightly below average for the end result. However, this was the dreaded Cobra, I give a big salute for bringing this beast to a controllable level with all of the available mods done, as it has the HP and weight of a group C Toyota GT-One on a narrow 45 year old chassis with no aerodynamics. There's still more speed to be had out of this car, but I find myself playing a bit conservative to avoid the wipe-out. (Self tuned transmission to a listed top speed of 260)

1969 Ford GT40

Parts added, Tuned per Doctor's orders, 10 laps: 550 HP, 998 kg, 599 PP, Racing Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:23.633
Thoughts: This is one bad mamba-jamba. Powering out of corners in 3rd gear or higher is solid and stable, without a hint of spin or understeer, while 2nd gear provides a bit of controllable and predictable spin. You'll still get a slide braking into a corner, but it's been greatly reduced and is very easy to control direction even with the small slide. Corner speeds are pretty consistent with where they were before, but that was the cars strength to begin with. With these settings, it's now a very responsive handling machine, and very fast. I don't think I've hit my "wall" with this car; I'm sure I can go even faster with more time spent. Terrific tune on my favorite classic racer. (Self tuned transmission to a listed top speed of 224)
Woah! What a huge review!:bowdown:

300SL:
Yeah the SL is a bit special. It is tuned on Sport Soft, but drives better with Race tires (strange, yes!).
Stock is just way to soft and has too much body roll, but is an incredible drift car. ;)
The gearing was not that easy cause it's a bit too long for a good acceleration and on the other hand too short to maximize the top speed. I see that you did on every tune a self tuned transmission(?). Caused trough the new patch or just because you think my transmissions aren't that good?

Ginetta G4:
Yes it is a fun car! I enjoyed it so much to drive against Praiano63 yesterday on Suzuka and Cote d'Azur. Downforce is truly a big lack of it, but if it would compete with an Elise? Hmm, I don't think so...at the latest when I also do a tune for the Lotus:lol:
If you like it, it is much fun. If you don't, drive the Elise. :lol: But give it a try, it's worth it!

Shelby Cobra:
Oh...... the Shelby. Well, I think this is my worst tune I released. It is just not good enough and I don't really enjoy to drive with it. I'll probably do a rework on it in my summer holidays, but it will take a bit.

Ford GT 40:
I wasn't sure how this car will drive on a bumby track like Trial Mountain, cause the tune is very stiff. In my opinion it drives like a dream on medium and high speed. It just is a bit deceitful in first and slightly in second gear, the tail breaks off sometimes in this gears without warning, but it's never as bad as before.
Oh and the sound......unique!

Thank you for this outstanding review! (And feel free to give a request, but remember that you would have to wait till the next weekend (18./19.June)

Last edited:
Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92

You need all tuning parts!
(High RPM-Turbo)

GT-Shop:
Chassis reinforcement is optional, but recommended.

Front Aero Type B
Rear Wing Type A

Aerodynamic
Front: 0
Rear: 20

Ballast

Transmission
Top Speed: 137mph/220kph (182mph/293kph)
1st: 3.460
2nd: 2.192
3rd: 1.711
4th: 1.349
5th: 1.077
Final: 3.292
When you want to change top speed, just adjust the final gear, otherwise the single gear ratios would be lost.

LSD
- Initial Torque : 5
- Acceleration : 48
- Braking : 22

Suspension
- Ride Height : -16/-18
- Spring Rate : 8.0/9.2
- Dampers (Extension) : 7/7
- Dampers (Compression) : 4/5
- Anti-Roll Bars : 7/7

- Camber angle : 2.4/2.1
- Toe Angle : -0.10/+0.06

Brakes
- Brake Balance 7/6

Tires
-Race Soft

Important Notes
-Shift at 8500RPM!!!
(The engine would rev till 10'500, but the performance leaves much at these these speeds)

Last edited:
The gearing was not that easy cause it's a bit too long for a good acceleration and on the other hand too short to maximize the top speed. I see that you did on every tune a self tuned transmission(?). Caused trough the new patch or just because you think my transmissions aren't that good?

I did them because of the update. I've done a fair amount of tunes, and basically try to emulate the pattern most of the tuners use when I'm gearing my own.

REVIEW OF THE MAZDA AUTOZAM AZ-1 '92 TUNED BY DR_SLUMP:

First off I was so eager to try this car that I put all upgrades on it without Dr_Slump's tune setup on it and took it to Trial Mountain Circuit and only did like one lap or so with no setup on the car, so I won't have to much of an idea of how the car acted before the setup but anyway here goes. This car before the setup was very fun to drive by all means and was a little rocket around the turns but I knew that Dr_Slump could make this car a lot better! It did show some signs of under steer which is surprising to me considering it doesn't have a bunch of power and a bit a problem with the LSD settings for sure exiting the corners. I put Dr_Slump's setup on the Autozam and right away I noticed that it handled a ton better throughout the corners with no under steer but still retaining it's quickness as well. The LSD problem was also fixed 100% with no wheel(s) spinning when exiting a corner. The new arrow settings tuned by Dr_Slump made the car a bunch more stable at high speeds, when entering a corner, throughout the corner, and exiting the corner. Find other cars in the same horsepower/weight range to race and you will blow them away.

All in all a VERY fun low horsepower car to drive, in fact this is now my favorite low horsepower car to drive right now without a doubt.👍 Another great tune by Dr_Slump, you are now basically the only one I use for tuning setups now because I like them so much! :cheers: More reviews to come in the near future and I would really enjoy doing a review of the Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 from the NCD. ;)

Many thanks for the Ginetta tune,what a hard car to keep straight with the standard diff and suspension settings,i applied your tune and the whole car was much tighter to drive, the rear end still likes to come around if the gas is applied too quickly but overall it is much easier to do constant laps, i cut 1.5 seconds off my times after only a few laps and i'm sure it will get better with more practice:

REVIEW OF THE MAZDA AUTOZAM AZ-1 '92 TUNED BY DR_SLUMP:

All in all a VERY fun low horsepower car to drive, in fact this is now my favorite low horsepower car to drive right now without a doubt.👍 Another great tune by Dr_Slump, you are now basically the only one I use for tuning setups now because I like them so much! :cheers: More reviews to come in the near future and I would really enjoy doing a review of the Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 from the NCD. ;)

Yes, it is a fantastic car! I think it could be one of the fastest in the 450PP class.
Oh and I forgot one thing: Shift at ca. 8500 RPM! (It revs till 10'500)
I added this to the tune.

Miura is ok!

Many thanks for the Ginetta tune,what a hard car to keep straight with the standard diff and suspension settings,i applied your tune and the whole car was much tighter to drive, the rear end still likes to come around if the gas is applied too quickly but overall it is much easier to do constant laps, i cut 1.5 seconds off my times after only a few laps and i'm sure it will get better with more practice:
Many thanks for your feedback! And welcome to GTPlanet!
Ginetta G4:
It will never compete with other cars, but it is so much fun to to drive! When you can see this fact, you'll will love it.
My GVS times were about 2-3sec faster, but GVS is a long circuit. It was a crap to tune, but every minute was worth it!
Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi dr_slamp. If you remember I was asking regarding bugatti and you told me it will be on 14th june, so how is it going?

:eek:....s...sssla....slamp? :scared:
14th? Uhh what? I said I'll probably tune it on Saturday the 18th June! I said the same to the other guys who requested a tune....

Ehmm look, the problem is that I've 3 very important exams till the 28th June (Tuesday). Could be that I find a bit time on Saturday (18th), but not for sure, cause I have 3-4 requests to do....
I understand when you guys are a bit disappointed, but I told you guys from the beginning that it will need a long time and that it's not sure if I can do the tunes this weekend.

The good thing is that I'll have a lot of time to tune after the 28th June.

Back