1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,483 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
I just got this NSX today. . . Super GT NSX, I take it? (Piano used to show width, and length :dopey:)

img1010z.jpg

img1011j.jpg

img1012pv.jpg

And now for some random ones,

Ford Crown Victoria Police Vehicle (That's covered in dust, must wipe off)
img1016zl.jpg

Ford Sierra (Many paint chips, as it's quite old)
img1018pd.jpg

330 P4 (Finally got it)
img1021z.jpg

AMG-Mercedes CLK DTM
img1020kn.jpg

Wassup guys? I dont want anyone to think Im tryin to be mean, troll, or judge because Ive done things (and still do) I wouldnt feel comfortable telling people in real life. I like to catch snakes sometimes but I dont look that much because rare snakes are hard to find. I mostly find two yes two different species Ive cought many many many many times befor, and even they are hard to locate. Today my brother told me there was a copper head outside and I was excited about the possability to catch my second poisonous snake and first copperhead, even though I knew it was probably a similar one Ive cought once or twice befor. I didnt even find the snake, and thats one thing Im embarrassed about and no one knows outside my family. If it was up to me Id be a closet snake catcher and wouldnt even tell my family lol, thats how embarrased I am about it.

To get back on track, I still own matchbox cars from my childhood that look pretty badass like the no fear F1 car. Even though I think the car looks freakin sweet, it hasnt left the storage case thats been in the closet for at least 5 years. Even as I type this I have little desire to check it out, I would rather unlock one in GT4. The only thing I could ever see myself doing with them is building a ramp to ramp jump, trying to get it to land on its wheels. I doubt I will ever do anything with them though, other then giving them to my kids if I live long enough to have them. So the question is what do you guys do with all those cars?

Last edited:
Something to show off to your friends or visitors I suppose. There's no practical reason for collecting as from the way I see it.

I suppose I could say that I'm collecting what I'm collecting because I see them as an artpiece. If it looks nice I want to keep it so I can look at it again from time to time.

However, I'm really only collecting real cars and not the goofy artificial ones....

...with the exception of that batmobile.

Last edited:
Collect them? It's like collecting die-cast except with smaller cheaper cars. Plus there's an added nostalgia value for some.

This, basically. They're collectors pieces.

It's a good and pretty cheap hobby. I would collect real cars if I had the $$$.

Some also look at it as an investment.

Collect them AND play with them. Still not too old for that. 👍 Although it's become more of drift trials and cop chases than the good old make the biggest wreck possible style of play we all used to partake in.

Ford Crown Victoria Police Vehicle (That's covered in dust, must wipe off)
img1016zl.jpg

ahhhh
scaled.php

I also got the desert race 5-pack and I'm listing it from my most favorite to least
scaled.php

Custom Ford Bronco.I think this one is just awesome
scaled.php

Baja Breaker. I love these things. I haven't seen one since 5th grade (2 years)
scaled.php

Dune It Up. Buggies are awesome
scaled.php

Sand Stinger. this on was iffy. I mean it's an atv as big as a van
scaled.php

Propper Chopper. It's awesome, but still my least favorite

Next week I'm aiming for the Attack Pack

ALSO: Random stuff.

Maisto The Ford Explorer
scaled.php

Whatever this is
scaled.php

Maisto BMW 635 Ci
scaled.php

'49 Drag Merc
scaled.php

Collect them AND play with them. Still not too old for that. 👍 Although it's become more of drift trials and cop chases than the good old make the biggest wreck possible style of play we all used to partake in.

That I can't do :P all the paint's going to get chipped off. I certainly won't have a problem with all my older fictional cars.

So the question is what do you guys do with all those cars?
Good question, but the same question applies from women's shoes to baseball cards.

For me, they were impulse buys. I see a hotwheel of some car I like, and they are a dollar. I bought maybe just couple of them a year. When my young nephew started getting into them, I started checking out the hotwheel/matchbox section for him. I'd buy a few, then I see like a Oldsmobile musclecar, and thinking "he's not going to appreciate this fine car!". Rest is history as they say. :lol: I'm just a casual collector, but I'd still buy if I see one I like.

Edit: Are the Hokosuka Skyline out yet!?

To get back on track, I still own matchbox cars from my childhood that look pretty badass like the no fear F1 car. Even though I think the car looks freakin sweet, it hasnt left the storage case thats been in the closet for at least 5 years. Even as I type this I have little desire to check it out, I would rather unlock one in GT4. The only thing I could ever see myself doing with them is building a ramp to ramp jump, trying to get it to land on its wheels. I doubt I will ever do anything with them though, other then giving them to my kids if I live long enough to have them. So the question is what do you guys do with all those cars?

I do lots and lots of stuff, AndersonG22 . . .

1. I collect them for the same reason anyone collects anything - as a hobby - whether it be stamps, coins, hockey or pokemon cards, real exotic cars, guns, etc..etc..

2. I like to mod the cars.

3. Even in miniature, the cars represent the real life objects - and to study their proportions and even do fantasy photography is fun.

4. My cars are scattered in clumps (I call them car nooks) throughout my home. As a car guy, i find them insanely decorative.

5. I always have a couple of Hot Wheels in my pockets. They turn into spiritual beads and are great for meditating! If I have a 'giveaway' in my pocket (and a kid is nearby) it's amazing how big a smile you can get from a kid if you put a model car in their hands.

6. Because I always have one of these cars in my pocket I am never at a loss to do something because, even if I am standing in a line-up at the bank I have a car to get away with.

There's many more reasons, but you get the idea . . .

But here's an idea you may find useful:
Put your cars on eBay. Or have a yard sale. Or better still - use the GTPlanet trading post. You might make a pile of cash.

Here are the pictures of my Fathers Day loot:-

100_1833-1.jpg

006.jpg

Got some Marvel by Maisto:

100_4276-1.jpg

Had to open some of them. The green Lambo was opened right away!

100_1843-1.jpg

And also some of my other favorites for pocketing.

I'll be posting close-ups of the others I've opened, later.

Cheers! Happy Collecting!
H.

Last edited:
There's no practical reason for collecting as from the way I see it.

This is basically all the answer you need. Since they don't do anything (in difference with, for example, 1:43 slot car wich can be colected AND raced), I just buy them because I like scale cars and these are the ones I can afford.

6. Because I always have one of these cars in my pocket I am never at a loss to do something because, even if I am standing in a line-up at the bank I have a car to get away with.

[/B]

What do ya mean by when you say "get away with"? The only way Im selling any of them is if I can make more then 100 bucks, they have sentimental value. Im going to google to see if I have rare ones, looking back now I know they were bought around 1996.

Pretty sweet. 👍 Can you still find it in stores?

It was last years release, but they could still be around in stores that haven't really put out any new Hot Wheels this year. I also found one about 3 months ago, haven't seen any since.

EDIT: Just a heads up everyone, I just checked the latest Hot Wheels finds on HWC.com and I got very excited when I saw someone post this pic!

2011-06-23171253-1.jpg

It's a four-sided display from Toys'r'us. He found it in Arizona, so these new cars should be showing up here pretty soon.

Last edited:
What Toys'r'us in Arizona?!?! *Is in Arizona*

I want that new GT-R!!! And another GT3 RS... and racey Cooper!

Also, I got hotwheels covering 3/4 of my bed right now. Counted 80 in boxes with 10 of those being divided between two five-packs (VW and Ferrari). I'd say around 170-180 hot wheels total :D

Been waiting for the Hakosuka Skyline, also. Thanks for posting the picture. I'm gonna start looking for it. 👍

What Toys'r'us in Arizona?!?! *Is in Arizona*

I want that new GT-R!!! And another GT3 RS... and racey Cooper!

Also, I got hotwheels covering 3/4 of my bed right now. Counted 80 in boxes with 10 of those being divided between two five-packs (VW and Ferrari). I'd say around 170-180 hot wheels total :D

I think the guys location also said Phoenix, but not sure which Toys'r'us exactly. If you go and find it, I'd like the Hakosuka Skyline, R32 Skyline, and Cooper. Thank you. :P

And nice collection total. I need to count mine soon.

Been waiting for the Hakosuka Skyline, also. Thanks for posting the picture. I'm gonna start looking for it. 👍

No problem, I'll try and post more pics of other peoples new finds with the location of their find. BTW, I'm buying all the Hakosuka's I see. :lol:

What is the orange hatch/coupe thing in the middle row, fifth one down? Sweet looking car. 👍

Ryou was right:

043-3-1.jpg

What do ya mean by when you say "get away with"? The only way Im selling any of them is if I can make more then 100 bucks, they have sentimental value. Im going to google to see if I have rare ones, looking back now I know they were bought around 1996.

LOL! I guess you caught the joke - no I couldn't really use it as a 'getaway' car but it does help to occupy me when I have to stand in line anywhere. Surprising how many people try to take it away from you and never want to give it back!
I know what you mean by 'sentimental value'. I would never sell some of the oddities I have because of the memories connected to them.
I have a Ford Thunderbird that was taken camping once and was lost, found on the roadway thoroughly run over and is still active in the collection!

100_2012-1.jpg

In other news - there was a breakout involving a go kart and an AEM NSX, as well as a . . . passin gasser?!!

LOL, Liked that one . . .

012-1.jpg

Enjoy! Thanks for the company.:)
H.

Last edited:
Back