1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,483 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
If you saw yesterday's Bigfoot thread, you saw this;

100_0369.jpg

Only available through Bigfoot 4x4's shop, online, or through their merchandise stand at shows they go to. They make Snake Bite, Miss Bigfoot, and a couple other schemes as well.

I did take it out of it's card, though. Because I like to do that.

@ Cano-

Its a mid 90s diecast, but unmarked. My guess it that Yatming shared license with a company that could produce a lesser quality base and wheelset for their cars. The body is metal, but the rest of it (including PLASTIC axle) is not to Yatming standards. These cars were probably available in larger groups, maybe 10-25 car packs, at discount retailers. I have half dozen or so cars that are identical to Yatming like this and I'm certain they came all in one large groupset.

Trey's Toybox Consignment Shop Finds​

I talked the gentleman down to $12 for the group. Highlights are the 1985 Real Riders Dream Van XGW, mint Color Changers Lamborghini Countach, a 1999 Hot Wheels #1048 Rescue Ranger w/ 5SPs and a 2001 Alien Attack Playset Pink Speed Blaster. Here's a tip...if a HW is pink....buy it because no one did when they were new. :D

IMG_0642.jpg

Tomorrow evening I'll post up my flea market finds, including a couple original Stompers I nabbed for a quarter a piece!

Last edited:
@ Cano-

Its a mid 90s diecast, but unmarked. My guess it that Yatming shared license with a company that could produce a lesser quality base and wheelset for their cars. The body is metal, but the rest of it (including PLASTIC axle) is not to Yatming standards. These cars were probably available in larger groups, maybe 10-25 car packs, at discount retailers. I have half dozen or so cars that are identical to Yatming like this and I'm certain they came all in one large groupset.

Ah, yes, I know what you're talking about. The other day I found three that are either knock-offs of Yatming or Tomica. I've got pics of them, will upload tomorrow when I edit them.

Trey's Toybox Consignment Shop Finds​

I talked the gentleman down to $12 for the group. Highlights are the 1985 Real Riders Dream Van XGW, mint Color Changers Lamborghini Countach, a 1999 Hot Wheels #1048 Rescue Ranger w/ 5SPs and a 2001 Alien Attack Playset Pink Speed Blaster. Here's a tip...if a HW is pink....buy it because no one did when they were new. :D

IMG_0642.jpg

Tomorrow evening I'll post up my flea market finds, including a couple original Stompers I nabbed for a quarter a piece!

ooooooo the Dream Van! I only have the blue one, mint. There is also a green Mexico version, but it's one of the toughest to find. $12 for all of those sounds like a steal. Nice grabs.

That is badass. I am however curious as to what was going on inside his helmet that they didn't want us to see. :P

I hear he is quite the :censored:head :P

Hello everyone, it's been awhile since I posted here, so I'm going to show off some cars.

I went to the store today, and bought this, BMW M3.
img0986v.jpg

img0989l.jpg

img0990v.jpg

Some cars I've had for quite some time,

Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
img0991ff.jpg

Matchbox Mercedes McLaren SLR
img0992uz.jpg

(OLD) Jaguar XJ8
img0994u.jpg

Hachi-Roku (AE86)
Yes Jai, don't hide it, you like it O_<
img0995z.jpg

Datsun Bluebird 510
img0996x.jpg

Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34)
img0997a.jpg

Finally, Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary

img0998b.jpg

If you wish to own one, I can make that happen. But in return, I take your soul and you fight witches for the res-

GT, that M3's lacking a ton of paint.. I mean, the lamps aren't even coloured in. Make an SCPD M3 dude ;)

I hit the Wal-Mart and Target today, and came back with several interesting finds (for me anyway).

Here's everything I bought:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/143/dsc02350ou.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/810/dsc02339e.jpg/
9 cars and a classic wheel car carrier. Backpack and shoe not included. Clockwise from top: Matchbox Ford E-350 Ambulance that nobody cares about, Matchbox '71 Dodge Monaco police car, black Hot Wheels Delorean DMC-12, Johnny Lightning '70 Buick GSX, Castline Detroit Muscle '69 Pontiac GTO, Johnny Lightning "Project in Progress" series '70 Plymouth Superbird, Hot Wheels Decades '80s Corvette, Matchbox '68 Ford Mustang GT/CS, Hot Wheels '68 Chevy Nova. As you can see, today was primarily a muscle car trip.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/dsc02334bw.jpg/
The black Delorean before I took it out of the packaging. It was a short card in the midst of all normal cards, but I bought it because it's a Delorean, but it's black. Which is awesome (and never existed).

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/848/dsc02336i.jpg/
The Decades Corvette before I took it out of the packaging. Sweet casting IMO.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/710/dsc02341fv.jpg/
The Chevy Nova and Decades Corvette. I bought the Nova solely because I love its stance. (Apologies for failing at photography)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/dsc02342st.jpg/
The ambulance that no one cares about, the Mustang GT/CS, the Dodge Monaco police car, and the black Delorean. As Cano probably remembers, I saw the GT/CS last time I made the rounds but left it. I saw one left this time, so I grabbed it. The Dodge Monaco is one of my favorites because now I can reenact classic chase scenes with the classic cop cars. Now all I need is a Plymouth Fury cop car. :D If I see another Monaco on the pegs the next time I make the rounds, I'm getting it.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/dsc02337ug.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/dsc02345vm.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/848/dsc02346jr.jpg/
I decided to take a look at the Johnny Lightnings at the Wal-Mart and I instantly knew I'd be getting at least one. The castings are just AWESOME. There were some others I decided to let go, but I couldn't resist a beat-up Plymouth Superbird and a black on black Buick GSX with a massive engine. They're sweet.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/228/dsc02335m.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/dsc02348r.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/813/dsc02349k.jpg/
(Sort of actually good photography alert)
This is my favorite of the bunch. It cost me a whopping $5.50 NOT including tax, but it's sweet. All metal, opening doors and hood, detailed engine and interior, actual rubber tires, and on top of it all it's a GTO. In black. I've decided that from now on whenever I go on a Hot Wheels excursion I'm buying myself one of these Castlines, because they're awesome.

EDIT:

I needed to take all my cars out to resort them with the new car box so I thought hey, why not do a photo op? So here's my complete collection, in all its after-looking-through-this-thread-it's-actually-really-small glory:

http://imageshack.us/g/30/dsc02389lz.jpg/

In it are Hot Wheels, Hot Wheels Classics, a Hot Wheels Cars of the Decade, Hot Wheels Speed Machines, Matchboxes, Matchbox Superfasts, Johnny Lightnings, a Castline Detroit Muscle, Maistos, Pacemakers (from the '70s), and Muscle Machines (the 3 JGTC race cars on top of the clear car box), for those who care.

Last edited:
If you wish to own one, I can make that happen. But in return, I take your soul and you fight witches for the res-

GT, that M3's lacking a ton of paint.. I mean, the lamps aren't even coloured in. Make an SCPD M3 dude ;)

you are NOT the evil cat. See my avatar.

Also, the M2 GTO is awesome, Driving Park. I wish I could get those in Mexico, but they are very rare and even more expensive. E-Bay is the only way, but I always forget, lol.

Hey, guys. Toys'r'us is having a sale on single Hot Wheels cars, June 10 - June 21. It's buy one, get one free. I bought a couple earlier today actually. And, Toys'r'us will also be getting fresh new cars at the beginning of July. Just thought you guys would like to know.

Also, bought a nice Chevy 5 pack last night at Walgreens. The Impala is so awesome!

IMG_2150.jpg

^ Good to know. Where can you keep track or find out what new batch of cars are being released?

you are NOT the evil cat. See my avatar.

You don't offer enough contracts to be the furry creature. Therefore you must be a phony cat :P

Here's the new
update
First, I finally cleaned my dresser
Before
picture137u.jpg

After
picture138r.jpg

now for hot wheels
ggrr... everyone has the freaking green Lambo.
picture141t.jpg

also I made a line of unopened blisters
picture140e.jpg

and when I went to hobbytown yesterday, I got myself two variations of the lancer evolution
picture142.jpg

and I also found this lying around my room
picture143ya.jpg

books
picture147u.jpg

lots and lots of books

Today I went to target and got...
picture146k.jpg

I finally got that stupid Brasilia
I also got an H2GO um a boat, a cool looking amazoom,(I prefer the green one I already have) and a ANOTHER variation of the 2008 lancer evolution
picture148r.jpg

last thing:random hot wheels photography
picture139b.jpg

now all I need is that new skyline that's coming out!

Here's the new
update

Nice grab on the Brasilia and the two EVO's. 👍

I still want one more Brasilia, but haven't seen them around since the last two I found.

now all I need is that new skyline that's coming out!

Right there with you.

I took my Walmart weekend drive today and found some new cars that just came out at one of the three Walmarts I checked. There was only one of each, except for the Dodge Demon and Chevy Nova.
IMG_2154.jpg

Nice grab on the Brasilia and the two EVO's. 👍

I still want one more Brasilia, but haven't seen them around since the last two I found.

Right there with you.

I took my Walmart weekend drive today and found some new cars that just came out at one of the three Walmarts I checked. There was only one of each, except for the Dodge Demon and Chevy Nova.
IMG_2154.jpg

where are these studbakers i cant find any
anyway I saw the 458 italia and the 350z at target but turned them down
another interesting thing I found out on the wiki that's it's almost impossible to find treasure hunts because people could pay store clerks to give them t-hunts, store clerks them before they go out on the pegs, that stuff, but that makes me sad:(

where are these studbakers i cant find any

I've seen them at Target, Kmart, and Walmart.

another interesting thing I found out on the wiki that's it's almost impossible to find treasure hunts because people could pay store clerks to give them t-hunts, store clerks them before they go out on the pegs, that stuff, but that makes me sad:(

Yup, sad and true. Some places do that and some don't. I always try and ask if they can scan the item to see if they have anymore boxes in the back. If you never find anything good or new at one store, move on to the next. Can't really do anything about it, except to beat them at their own game. :mischievous:

Just back from Wal-mart with bad news.

The 48 Car Plastic Case by Plano Molding...the ones that Wal-mart sells for just $6 have been RECALLED! I took one to the register and the woman told me they are being pulled from the shelf. If you collect loose and can find one...try to buy it before its gone. Everywhere else charges $10+ for these cases, including eBay!

Now to my purchase. I went through the entire large bin of cars and bought just the ones I could find less than two of...and here they are. I'm left a Brasilia on the shelf along with both colors of the Drift Charger and 2011 Camaro and already I regret it.

MY APOLOGIES FOR THE GRAINY PHOTOS, BUT I HAD A RACE TO GET TO AND WAS IN A HURRY!
IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

^^ This two are Pink!^^
The last time we saw solid Pink muscle was 40 years ago

Last edited:
I finally managed to find the VW Brasilia the other day. Picked that up and the new 370Z in red with bronze wheels.

Picked up another Brasilia along with another couple of new cars today, myself.

There was another collector there before me, but he didn't have any T-Hunts in his hand. He did beat me to the new Shelby 427, however. :mad:

I'll try to get a pic up tonight or tomorrow.

Just had to start packing up my collection and found some old Lensey trucks that were in a box that I forgot about. I'll upload pics when I get my camera charged and create an account on photo bucket

Went shopping a few days ago. Grabbed these.

Image2057.jpg

Image2056.jpg

Image2055.jpg

Image2054.jpg

Really wanted some of these lol.

From left: Nissan 350Z, Lamborghini Reventon Spyder, Nissan Bluebird 510

Went shopping a few days ago. Grabbed these.

The Reventon is so nice. I picked up the roadster also, but mine is dark grey.

Some new cars I found at Kmart. Grabbed the new Dodge Challenger that's supposed to be in the new Green Lantern movie. Also found the new Tail Dragger that has a glow in the dark interior. :cool:

IMG_2180.jpg

BTW, if anyone finds the new Green Lantern Challengers, be on the lookout for the painted headlights variation, because they're harder to find than the non-painted headlights. ;)

Back