1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,483 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Hey, those are in great shape! Most of them even have very good chrome on the wheels. Nice grabs all of them $miglo, very well kept all these years. I really need to get my hands in those F1 cars.

Nice redlines, $miglo. Really like the F1.

I was able to go through an unopened 72 car display at Walmart today. I wanted doubles of the '57 Chevy and the Boss Hoss, but there were no extras. The Duster Thruster and Monte Carlo are Walmart exclusives.

IMG_2065.jpg

ok people, I'm gonna show you a custom that a friend of mine recently finished. I repeat: I DID NOT DO THIS. A friend of mine did. But I liked it SO much, I'm gonna post it right here. It's also something you seeeeeldom see in the world of custom Hot Wheels.

My friend, Fernando Calderón, took a silver HK Z-Whizz... HW's name for the 240Z, and turned into an amazingly accurate rendition of a Fairlady Z432R:

Fairlady09.JPG

Fairlady11.JPG

Fairlady12.JPG

Fairlady13.JPG

Fairlady5.JPG

Fairlady7.JPG
I don't particularly care for the larger rear wheels, but at the same time, it's such an amazing work I wouldn't even consider deducting one, single point off of this accomplishment. He should be very proud of his work. 👍

ok people, I'm gonna show you a custom that a friend of mine recently finished. I repeat: I DID NOT DO THIS. A friend of mine did. But I liked it SO much, I'm gonna post it right here. It's also something you seeeeeldom see in the world of custom Hot Wheels.

My friend, Fernando Calderón, took a silver HK Z-Whizz... HW's name for the 240Z, and turned into an amazingly accurate rendition of a Fairlady Z432R:

Fairlady09.JPG

Fairlady11.JPG

Fairlady12.JPG

Fairlady13.JPG

Fairlady5.JPG

Fairlady7.JPG

The thing is far from being a repaint in orange. He scratch built everything, including mirrors, wing, vertical exhaust, emblems, antenna, door handles and quarter lights; also, he modified the front fascia to open the mouth behind the bumper and make the bumper as thin as the original car. He also modified the taiillights. Wheels are Co-Molded 5s painted black, altough he is currently chasing down a set of correct steelies, but finding the new HW Garage that have them is difficult over here in Mexico.

I loved this thing to death, it has as much carisma as the real thing, and it's sooooo refreshing. I've seen customs done with the Z-Whizzz and they all had blowers trough the hood. This homage to the rare original is as cool as they come.

Absolutely fantastic. 👍

I need some help with my Hotwheels. I have brought some from a store that puts the barcode stickers on the cardboard and I'm hopeless at removing them without wrecking the cardboard. Does anyone have any ideas or tips to remove the stickers?

Sorry Conservationist, but I usually run the shower on HOT to steam the bathroom. The humidty will help. A good 15 second of nearly direct hear from the dryer and peel straight back. DO NOT PULL UP or OVER because the Cardboard will be a bit ply-able and will travel. With the card on a flat surface...work your nail under a corner and pull it towards you. Heat and repeat. Each car could take a couple minutes. For any left over residue, ball up painters tape or frog tape and dab the card repeatedly. Dont apply pressure, just dab.

OMG, just read another reponse. Dont use acetone! Big No No. The printing on the cards (especially the blue hues will lighten noticeably and in direct light you will see streaks. Same thing goes for rubbing off excess glue through friction. Under direct light, you'll see smudges and under indirect, you'll see the reflection of residue.

Also, when storing your higher prices cars, I mask over the blister with painters tape (blue tape) It will protect the car, card and blister from fading and the cars paint from becoming mottled, but can be easily removed without hurting card for display or sale.

(CURRENTLY UPLOADING PICS 9:13PM)

My score from the ToyManShow this previous Sunday. I've ended up not loading the three carded. They just completed series and I've already stored the. What you see in the pics this evening I bought for $14

Darda Lamborghini - made in China.
IMG_0528.jpg

When I was a in middle school I had the Darda trackset...possibly the most wicked thing this small on four wheels. The originals were made in Germany...thats how you know its $$ version of later model like this. Still at 30 cents I had to rescue from shoebox

Yatming Collection + Road Champ Truck
IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

These as well were 30-50 cents a piece. A few made in Thailand, but most made in Hong Kong! :tups:

Matchbox and a few Rare Hot wheels
IMG_0523.jpg

Steal of the show here! The playset Miata was in the yatming shoebox for 30 cents! Its near mint save for one nic on passenger side door. Also, Ares Wagon...quite rare. This is the only casting I'm aware of.

A few newer loose Hot wheels
IMG_0522.jpg

Not much to talk about here.

And lastly, a picture of the new baby bunny in the neighorhood. Not sure how common these are elsewhere, but they are very rare to see outside of pet shop in St. Louis and a group of them live under my neighbors Japanese maple.

IMG_0520.jpg

Last edited:
Wyvern, those were some fine grabs, I specially dig the Matchbox Peugeot and Ford RS200, both of them have escaped me for a long time. The Yatmings were also a pretty good deal, I see some rare ones I had never seen before.

Also, the Dardas. I have a few, but they are pretty difficult to find over here... fortunately, no one knows what they are, so they are always cheap.

And that bunny is stipidly cute. Cool that such animals can live freely and roam around.

I need some help with my Hotwheels. I have brought some from a store that puts the barcode stickers on the cardboard and I'm hopeless at removing them without wrecking the cardboard. Does anyone have any ideas or tips to remove the stickers?

I use zippo lighter fuel on my SNES game boxes. doesn't fade the colours and evaporates with no residue.
Soak it and leave it for a few minutes and it should peel of easily. Put some fuel on a clean cloth to wipe off any left over sticky.

I wonder the difference in Alcohol % in Acetone vs lighter fuel. I'll have to try it out. I can post a few picks of what a lack of knowledge can/will do if you're trying to clean up cards by removing stickers. I could in no way endorse submerging a paper product in a liquid of any kind. Why risk it?

No matter what...Heat is the best and easiest solution and thats coming from someone obsessed and a bit pedantic about the whole thing.

I have used goo gone on the outside of DVD cases and PS2 games purchased from gamestop, but its just more mess for the same result + it tended to make the clean area have a sheen that I didnt care for. Again...just pendatic on my part, but I'm consistent.

Last edited:
I wonder the difference in Alcohol % in Acetone vs lighter fuel. I'll have to try it out. I can post a few picks of what a lack of knowledge can/will do if you're trying to clean up cards by removing stickers. I could in no way endorse submerging a paper product in a liquid of any kind. Why risk it?

No matter what...Heat is the best and easiest solution and thats coming from someone obsessed and a bit pedantic about the whole thing.

I have used goo gone on the outside of DVD cases and PS2 games purchased from gamestop, but its just more mess for the same result + it tended to make the clean area have a sheen that I didnt care for. Again...just pendatic on my part, but I'm consistent.

Well, i'm just talking from my own experience, 150 SNES games and counting. By all means though, experiment first.

Acetone is one of the harshest cleaners you can get. I definitely would never use it on paper unless you want to strip the colour away. Lighter fluid is a much gentler liquid.

(uploading wal-mart pics)

Picked these up this evening. They had 8-10 Brasilia and Dusters, but I stuck with two. One to open, one to store for a rainy day.

IMG_0538.jpg

A Couple series I chased down in stores this past winter
IMG_0539.jpg

Last edited:
That orange Cuda's one of my favorites. Maybe THE favorite. I love the color, I love the (flat)black hood. 👍

That orange Cuda's one of my favorites. Maybe THE favorite. I love the color, I love the (flat)black hood. 👍

but but but... dude, it's a Challenger :crazy: I hope you have one just like it in GT5... I do, but mine is green (Sub-lime).

but indeed, the thing looks great in (what closely resembles) Hemi Orange. Nice grabs Wyvern, I'm still trying to find this batch, but fortunately a cousin has already grabbed me a Brasilia, Stude, GT350 and the Mustang Funny TH.

Last edited:
but but but... dude, it's a Challenger :crazy: I hope you have one just like it in GT5... I do, but mine is green (Sub-lime).

but indeed, the thing looks great in (what closely resembles) Hemi Orange. Nice grabs Wyvern, I'm still trying to find this batch, but fortunately a cousin has already grabbed me a Brasilia, Stude, GT350 and the Mustang Funny TH.

Ah, so you finally got a hold of a Stude huh? Which color is it?

the red one, I'll be picking them up tomorrow in the local Hot Wheels club bimonthly get-together, from where I expeect to dig out some neat cars. I'll show y'all what comes home with me. For now, I won a 50-car lot in E-Bay with some rare real rider cars, including the maroon good old pick-em-up with white hubs. I can't wait.

but but but... dude, it's a Challenger :crazy:
Oops, never mind. I thought it was the Cuda.

I drove to Walmart on my day off today to hopefully pick up some toys. I was hoping to find something special(like that Hakosuka!), but most of the cool stuff I saw there were Johnny Lightning stuff. Their 60's~70's cars are just awesome.

I did end up picking up two:
dscn0676.jpg

Whoa M-POWER_FTW you got good cars there. I'm liking the Ferrari F50 (?) and the Porsche 959.

Lovin' your Miura a6m5.

Got new cars today. Two were already posted here, but never mind.

Image1964.jpg

FROM TOP: Audi R8 V8, Porsche 911 GT2, Honda Civic Type R Coupe and Ford Mustang Concept '63. Bought the Mustang yesterday.

Image1961.jpg

Bought this pack 2 days ago.

Image1962.jpg

From left: Porsche 911 Carrera Cabrio, Lotus Evora, Shelby GT500 Convertible, Chevy Corvette ZR-1 and Volkswagen W12 :dopey:.

Went to the Pevely Flea Market for the first time and did quite well. Profile shot of everything I bought below. I will post close-up picks when I'm feeling less lazy. The important thing is the cars were either 3/1.00 or 4/1.00. I did pay $1 each for the original 60s Lesney. I spent exactly $10 since I only brought that much. Poor thinking on my part.

IMG_0551.jpg

I'm really happy to have two more Kenner Fast 111s, but the favorite for the day was easily the 2008 Holiday Hot rods 3 pk GMC Motorhome. I bought it, along with the 2010 Easter Speedsters 5-Pack (Target Exclusive) VW Bug Convertible, 2009 Scary Cars 5-Pack Sweet 16 II and the Jada toys Surburban 4/1.00!

Just looked up the '69 Corvette ZL-1 and its a 2010 Valentine's Day Car (Target Exclusive)

Last edited:
I have tons of these things under my bed I remember I have an Alfa-Romeo 155 Race Car and I saw it in GT5 and I was like Whoa! I remember this car!

Thanks uMad & M-Power. Hey, M-Power, what type of variant Nova are you talking about?

I've never seen or heard of this Black Bandit, but I like just about all of them in the pic there. My kind of cars. 👍

I've never seen or heard of this Black Bandit, but I like just about all of them in the pic there. My kind of cars. 👍

They were made my Greenlight a few years back. Most were only available through Toys R Us. They are quite rare IMO.

Whoa M-POWER_FTW you got good cars there. I'm liking the Ferrari F50 (?) and the Porsche 959.

Thanks dude. Yup, it's an F50 and I'm in love with the 959 also. The two Porsche's are my favorites. Metal body and base, can't go wrong with that. :)

And that 5 pack is pretty cool. I wouldn't mind picking one of those up if I see it around.

Went to the Pevely Flea Market for the first time and did quite well.

That Countach is so beautiful.

Thanks uMad & M-Power. Hey, M-Power, what type of variant Nova are you talking about?

The "SS" on the side is usually found in black, but a few have been found with an all silver "SS". Grabbed two shots to show you and anyone else who's into variations. Look out for it. ;)

IMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2094.jpg

Still have to buy the normal one, but I keep forgetting. :banghead:

Last edited:
Interesting. Yeah, mine's definitely in black. Thanks for the info. :)

Whoa, wait. I just took a closer look at your photo and it looks to me like you have unpainted rear side markers. If that is the case, could you possibly take another pic up close and post it?

You may have stumbled across a variation. Definitely want to know what the guys on HWC.com have to say about it.

EDIT: I just realized I'm missing most of the black stripe under the door on mine also.

Last edited:
Back