1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,483 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
IMG_3906.jpg

The Wynn's is my favorite from the group. The livery is classic and in line with blue card era rather than the current. Yellow wind screen 👍

We get the mainlines... hurray!

And that first picture with all the opened blister packs in the background makes me feel lame with my collection.

Some day though. :)

Depends on what type of collector you are. If you collect for the cars and to display them, then most will open the blisters up and free the cars. If you are collecting for future investment, best to keep them locked up. ;)

My father in law just scored me the 71 Mustang Funny Car treasure hunt! He's working at walmart and has people keeping an eye out for the treasure hunts for me. Up to 7 so far this year. Nearly doubled my TH collection. I've got around 400 Hot Wheels but only managed 9 or 10 Treasure Hunts over the years.

Depends on what type of collector you are. If you collect for the cars and to display them, then most will open the blisters up and free the cars. If you are collecting for future investment, best to keep them locked up. ;)

I think you didn't fully understand me. I meant that all the cars he freed are probably 2 months worth of die cast for me when for Cano it's a small bit of a huge package he gets from eBay.

Also, I free my cars from the blister packs. :P

@ Cano--"miscreants" might be a bit harsh :scared:

I'm quite keen on most things hotwheels, but being from the US had never heard of those cars you posted. I did end up doing research, but after reading about their rarity figured I'd never see/own one, so I just stopped there.

Along these lines, I've put up over 20 detailed pics of my collection since pg 85 of this thread and most get a "neat pic or awesome" response and thats all. Everyone is into their own stuff and thats great, but I'm using this thread mostly for me, as a way to catalogue my own stuff. After I take a pic...it goes back in the basement.

I do look at this thread 10 times a day, but I rarely respond to other pics, especially if its newer than say 2003 or something I'm unfamiliar with. I'm just a blue card kinda guy. I've gone back and looked at nearly every page and my collections resembles mostly Cano's and after that I'm just not to sure. One thing I do know is that this thread made getting through the PSN downtime easier. I dusted off a lot of cars and have plunged full force back into collecting. I know I have two more packages to upload tonight and I'm excited to see whatever folks got out there.
I realize that was a long response to a question that wasnt asked.

PS: Nowadays I'm freeing about 25% of lots I purchase. I used to keep EVERYTHING on card so this is a big step. I've got (7) 48 car Jammers full of loose Mint from the late 70s to late 90s and another (6) 48 car Blue and Red Tara cases full of loose Matchbox, johnny lightning, off-brands and less than mint HW.

Last edited:
@ Cano--"miscreants" might be a bit harsh :scared:

I'm quite keen on most things hotwheels, but being from the US had never heard of those cars you posted. I did end up doing research, but after reading about their rarity figured I'd never see/own one, so I just stopped there.

Along these lines, I've put up over 20 detailed pics of my collection since pg 85 of this thread and most get a "neat pic" or "awesome" response and thats all. Everyone is into their own stuff and thats great, but I started collecting in the mid 90s in mass so I'm using GTP mostly for me, as a way to catalogue my own stuff. After I take a pic...it goes back in the basement.

I do look at this thread 10 times a day, but I rarely respond to other pics, especially if its newer than say 2003. I'm just a blue card kinda guy.

I realize that was a long response to a quesstion that wasnt asked.

hahaha I'm just joking bud. I know not a lot of people here cant relate,or even fathom, the rarity of those things. Many, most indeed, people here just collect the cars they like in the real world and won't pay much attention to the rarity of this or that, and that's ok. Over here in the mexican club everyone went bananas over them, but that's because most of them know how rare and scarce they are. For the record, the orange one is the second one known.

As for your pics, I always try to point out what I find extraordinary, you know a lot about an era that is just startting to delve into the heavy-money collector market. I wouldn't have ever guessed that a silver Vector could have been so rare. I've learned a lot of things since you frequent the thread, about some of the cars that are my faves because I played with those when I was a brat. I'll keep asking aand you keep answering, ok?

EDIT: and about the loose/carded thing, everything I keep for me is opened. If I ever get a carded car that I don't have and it's valuable, I'll sell it or trade it to someonewho collects carded cars. Over here it's extraordinarily difficult to find even blue cards, let alone older cars, so I don't like to destroy the collector's value of a car that is difficult to get carded. Even if I don't have it I'll sell it or trade it, then I'll go look for it loose or simply have a lot of patience and wait for it to come. That happened with the ZZ Top 34 Ford, a carded example came in a lot and I traded it straight up for an exxtremely rare mexican Greased Gremlin. Almost a year later it fell in my hands, almost mint.

Last edited:
Not a problem Cano. My rant wasnt meant as a bashing though. More of an insight into why I enjoy/freqent this thread and that perhaps others were similar.

Also, I love answering questions, especially about cars produced during what I consider the best age of HW--The 80s--because they decided for a few years to cast cars you or I could own! :0

I edited my previous post, but will state again. I had two more boxes arrive today, but since I've won 27 auctions since the beginning of April...I've no idea whats arriving when. I'll shoot some pics tonight. Also I posted pics of how far my $29 went this past weekend, but that was the STL HW Club May show with maybe 15 booths. The bimonthly ToyManShow is this weekend and has 100+ vendors and ALOT more variety. I'm taking a camera. One booth in particular will only sell boxed lesney and superfast and the gal behind its always very personable. Should be able to get a lot of good images.

Last edited:
the Iso Grifo is in top shape! And the red VW is the rare color as far as I know.

:) yeah the Iso would be top shape only if he have BOTH doors! :D
and about VW and every other MB & HW a have no idea about rarity any of this cars as i just buying them just for myself. I only went nuts twice and a bought stuff i didn't like and want:

1)when some one was selling them 0.20 british pence witch is about 0.32USD
2)on ebay however - it end up quite nice (just don't have a time to up load them) 5 - 69 redlines, beautiful Mecedes
1982_3911.jpg

i will show mine hopefully tomorrow and rest of the stuff as well

ps. i wish my English was a bit better to join yours conversation as writing this not come easy for me but hey ho only practising makes you better

I have that Merc as well. It's getting restored right now (I've actually posted some pictures of it very early in the thread if your interested).

hot wheel update
new hot wheels are out:
The boss hoss motorcycle
736px-Boss_hoss_motorcycle_2011_white.png

Flight bike
830px-2011FrightbikeGreen.jpg

new cooler looking RD-04
607px-Rd04.jpg

Jet threat 3.0
830px-JetThreat3_Volcano.JPG

Mitsubishi Eclipse Concept Car. i like it in green
725px-2011TRRMitsubishiEclipseConcept.JPG

and a new scorcher
830px-Scorcher_Game.JPG

a new variation of the '63 Studebaker Champ; sorry that it's small
HWC_sneaks_57514.jpg

Rumors
none that i know of
Recent findings
nothing this week, sorry

Last edited:
I used to have so many (not sealed though) and played with them and buried most of them in sand at the beach. Ah, those were the good old days!

The boss hoss motorcycle

Still looking for this one.

I used to have so many (not sealed though) and played with them and buried most of them in sand at the beach. Ah, those were the good old days!

If you didn't leave them at the beach, find them and take some pics. :)

EDIT: Can't wait for this to come out. :drool:

hotwheels_hakosuka_skyline_blister_pack.jpg

hotwheels_hakosuka_skyline_front_3-4.jpg

Last edited:
While the Hakosuka look great, I'd love to see the stock model as well. Maybe wishful thinking. The car's awesome either way.

I was wondering about the rear end, here it is if you are interested.

Hey I've got two really old Streex somewhere in my closet!, they are the flat base ones you fire with an air pump right?

Robin.

Hey!!

what about a online race, but the only car you can use in game is the one you own as Hotwheel?

anyway

this is my eBay lot very first and last :)

this have to be my favourite hw so far

P1070127 by smiglo, on Flickr

P1070110 by smiglo, on Flickr

P1070101 by smiglo, on Flickr
Dodge Charger Daytona 98', T-Bird w/GLW!!, Ford Thunderbolt 03', Limozeen 99', buick riviera

P1070095 by smiglo, on Flickr
At-A-Tude 02', Deora II 03', Sol-Aire CX-4 99', Overbored 454 03', '41 Willys 04', Tooned' Splittin' Image 04', some McDonald cars no info found, Panoz GTR-1 03'

P1070083 by smiglo, on Flickr
Crooze' Ozznberg 04', Saltflat Racer 97', Hammered Coupe 06' Hammered Coupe 04' Saltflat Racer 02' Turbo Flame 02'

P1070076 by smiglo, on Flickr
not found anything about this car (anyone?), Dairy Delivery 04', Hiway Hauler 04', Rockster 05', Cool-One 06', Power Panel 04'

nothing special for me but it maybe something for you
and i still have 2 redlines to pick up for my local post office

Last edited:
ok people, I'm gonna show you a custom that a friend of mine recently finished. I repeat: I DID NOT DO THIS. A friend of mine did. But I liked it SO much, I'm gonna post it right here. It's also something you seeeeeldom see in the world of custom Hot Wheels.

My friend, Fernando Calderón, took a silver HK Z-Whizz... HW's name for the 240Z, and turned into an amazingly accurate rendition of a Fairlady Z432R:

Fairlady09.JPG

Fairlady11.JPG

Fairlady12.JPG

Fairlady13.JPG

Fairlady5.JPG

Fairlady7.JPG

The thing is far from being a repaint in orange. He scratch built everything, including mirrors, wing, vertical exhaust, emblems, antenna, door handles and quarter lights; also, he modified the front fascia to open the mouth behind the bumper and make the bumper as thin as the original car. He also modified the taiillights. Wheels are Co-Molded 5s painted black, altough he is currently chasing down a set of correct steelies, but finding the new HW Garage that have them is difficult over here in Mexico.

I loved this thing to death, it has as much carisma as the real thing, and it's sooooo refreshing. I've seen customs done with the Z-Whizzz and they all had blowers trough the hood. This homage to the rare original is as cool as they come.

Amazing work your friend's done Cano. Went to the bimonthly Toymanshow this morning and scooped up an amazing collection. One lady in particular was selling cars out of show boxes 3/1.00 and I grabbed 9 yatmings! The last time I saw nine yat ming brand cars in the same place (besdies my own collection) was hanging on card at a hobby store. Scored the Blue Streak Nissan Truck for $2, an Ares Wagon for $3 and even a Darda Lamborghini! Will posts of pics tomorrow. I posted my STL HWC show stuff last week...which cost me $29. At this show I only spent $18 and its all good stuff. You'll see two other cars on Card that I did pay $1 for but they are the last variations I need in the case of one and a missing car in the other

I need some help with my Hotwheels. I have brought some from a store that puts the barcode stickers on the cardboard and I'm hopeless at removing them without wrecking the cardboard. Does anyone have any ideas or tips to remove the stickers?

I need some help with my Hotwheels. I have brought some from a store that puts the barcode stickers on the cardboard and I'm hopeless at removing them without wrecking the cardboard. Does anyone have any ideas or tips to remove the stickers?

I use a hair dryer for about 1-2 mins and then peel the sticker off. There will probably be leftover glue from the sticker on the card. I usually let it dry and rub the glue off with my finger.

I've heard others use acetone, but I've never used this technique. I think they put a small drop or two on the sticker and it comes right off.

Latest Posts

Back