1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,483 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Can anybody help us we just found a large collection of 1998 and 1999 first edition and some other collections of hot wheels cars in our new house and we want to sell them but dont know of what kind of store might buy them. we live in columbus ohio if anyone can give us some ideas we would be grateful

Well, LamboDriver - let's see some of them!

The Mini! Grrrrr. . .and WTH?! 3 Skylines! One to open, one to keep, and one to trade?
Darn. I'm hoping the Toys' store near me has got their box!

LOL! Did someone say 'nab'?! That's it! I'm going down there and I'm going to do some MAJOR nabbing!

Can anybody help us we just found a large collection of 1998 and 1999 first edition and some other collections of hot wheels cars in our new house and we want to sell them but dont know of what kind of store might buy them. we live in columbus ohio if anyone can give us some ideas we would be grateful

E-bay them. Tell us more details -or even better, pics- so we know what we are trying to sell.

Can anybody help us we just found a large collection of 1998 and 1999 first edition and some other collections of hot wheels cars in our new house

I hope you have a lot of Peanut Butter right now because I'm sure a lot of us are Mad Jelly that you got a stash of cars as complimentary gifts for buying a new home....

Edit: Stuff I bought yesterday.

dmcdelorean.jpg

dodgechallenger71.jpg

hondas2000.jpg

jaguarxk.jpg

lamborghinigallardosl2.jpg

lotuige.jpg

Last edited:
i have a couple hunderd HotWheels , Matchbox , Johnny Lightning and weird stuff , if i figure out how to post pics i will , btw you guys have AWSOME cars

Nice pick ups, AOS-.

i have a couple hunderd HotWheels , Matchbox , Johnny Lightning and weird stuff , if i figure out how to post pics i will , btw you guys have AWSOME cars

Great! We'd love to see them.

If you want to post pics, you're going to need to sign up on an image hosting site, like photobucket.com. Then once you upload your pic(s), you copy the "

Went to Toys R Us looking for the 4-sided displays. They had one, but the cars were old, so not sure if it was the new one. Picked up the Ferrari, Maverick and Porsche GT3 there and got the Lambo at WalMart.

DSCN3853.jpg

DSCN3852.jpg

Went to Toys R Us looking for the 4-sided displays. They had one, but the cars were old, so not sure if it was the new one. Picked up the Ferrari, Maverick and Porsche GT3 there and got the Lambo at WalMart.

DSCN3853.jpg

DSCN3852.jpg

If you got the red Maverick and white GT3 RS, then it's definitely new. 👍

I'm taking a trip to Walmart today. Hopefully I'll find that Decades Lambo. Awesome grabs.

If you got the red Maverick and white GT3 RS, then it's definitely new. 👍

I'm taking a trip to Walmart today. Hopefully I'll find that Decades Lambo. Awesome grabs.

Hmm, it didn't have any Skylines though. :(

By the way, those decades cars are a rip-off. $2.69 + tax for a car that is no different than a regular line Hotwheels. 👎 Not to mention the regular cars have gone up in price as well. The days of sub-one dollar cars are over. :yuck:

Hmm, it didn't have any Skylines though. :(

By the way, those decades cars are a rip-off. $2.69 + tax for a car that is no different than a regular line Hotwheels. 👎 Not to mention the regular cars have gone up in price as well. The days of sub-one dollar cars are over. :yuck:

It either didn't come with many Skylines or other collectors must have bought them in multiples. Same thing here with the new orange '68 Copo Camaro. Haven't seen one in the new shipper, and they're supposed to be in there.

As for the Decades cars, I so agree. I found that SV Lambo today, but I looked at the base and it was plastic. Very disappointing. I would've bought it if it was either $2 or had a metal base.

Just reporting in. I dropped by my local Toys R Us on the way home to see if they had the new Hot Wheel shipment in yet, but they did not. I will check back again, maybe next week.

So I did some paint touch up's on my rides... Will start painting SCPD Liveries soon!

dsc08990e.jpg

They all have brake lights now!

dsc08997e.jpg

dsc08999w.jpg

Painted more noticeable Brake Lights and matte black wheels since Reventons don't sport chrome.

dsc08998g.jpg

Brake lights, and black wheels.

dsc09002e.jpg

Matte Black wheels, Brake Lights, and colored the unpainted rear vents for the engine making it stand out a LOT better now (despite a messy paintjob).

I've been in Indiana for the past couple of days for college orientation, and I've stopped by some local stores. My family and I went into a MASSIVE Wal-Mart, the biggest I've ever seen in fact. While the parents were off getting something, I ran to the Hot Wheels section to see if I could nab some good cars before we had to leave. I only had a few minutes, but I still managed to pick up the green Ford GTLM (I'm trying to get all of the paint schemes for this one), the dark blue Ferrari 458 (I couldn't resist the color, it's SWEET :drool: ), a silver Aston Martin DBS (pretty good casting IMO), and an AWESOME Decades Monte Carlo. It's one of the best castings I've seen, at least for this year. I'll put pics up as soon as I get home (sometime tomorrow).

Unfortunately, due to how short the time I had to pick up cars was (there's gotta be a less cumbersome way to phrase that), I left the white Porsche GT3, the yellow Lambo Gallardo Superleggera (already have the green one, Cano :sly: ), the red 370Z, the standard Delorean, and a few other goodies.

But before we went to the Wal-Mart, we were picking up the family car from an oil change at Pep Boys, and they had some Hot Wheels! Who knew? A lot of them were just ok, but I picked up the Matchbox Holden Ute and an interesting Hot Wheels Classics Aston Martin DB4 Zagato that I hadn't known about before. I left a couple of blue Matchbox Corvette ZR1s (I actually think the casting looks a little better than the HW ZR1) and a yellow Enzo. I'll put pics of these up too once I get the chance.

As soon as I get back and save up a bit more money, I'm taking a Toys 'R' Us trip in search of that 4-sider. 👍

AOS- just a tip when you paint flat black over a glossy surface, you can scrape off the areas that you messed up with a pointy toothpick. I do it all the time to touch up areas where I went a little over the line. 👍

Nice AOS-, but the I don't really like the green Reventon though, matte black wheels with such a bright body color isn't really my taste :crazy:

I like your tail lamp touch though, especially that of the NSX.

The gasser is an unlicensed 1937 Ford if you'd prefer to call it that, heh

Cano, I may write freelance Copy, but I'm not that good: Heh, heh. it was a pass'n gasser! Your model knowledge is astonishing, though!

100_2018.jpg

100_2019.jpg

Some other stuff I scored today:

100_2082-1.jpg

023-2-1.jpg

This is my special collection of Micro Machines:

100_1868.jpg

A Rolls that actually has the 'Flying Ecstasy' hood ornament (also a micro):

100_1865-1.jpg

Cheers for now!
Talk Later!
H.

Last edited:
^ See all the spots where they left out paint on the Enzo? That's exactly why I never bought one.

AOS- just a tip when you paint flat black over a glossy surface, you can scrape off the areas that you messed up with a pointy toothpick. I do it all the time to touch up areas where I went a little over the line. 👍

Yup, I know. Just don't care enough to do it. :P

Nice AOS-, but the I don't really like the green Reventon though, matte black wheels with such a bright body color isn't really my taste :crazy:

I didn't like the Green Reventon from the start, but who says I'm leaving it like that??

shift2_unleashed_lamborghini_reventon_hp_edition_day.jpg

:sly:👍

I cant help, but its so weird you're in Ohio. On the goodwill website...nearly all of the hotwheels related auctions all stem from there

I'm going to post up my flea market finds from a couple weeks ago in a couple hours. I hope you're happy Cano! :D

My flea market finds from a few weeks ago. Including two Schaper Stompers not pictured, I shelled out $12 for the lot. The condition is so so for a lot of them, but for 30 cents a piece, I dont mind. I did pay $2 for Tootsie Toys VW Thing and AMC Gremlin and $1 each for the stompers. (but those are $4-5 in this condition)

IMG_0641.jpg

A few close-up pictures
IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

Cano - In the pics is a Yatming Cadillac Seville. Its another car, like the New York City car below, that was later produced w/o naming rights on the bottom. I have the newer version and I'll locate it tonight to do a side by side.

Last edited:
Here's the pics of my six new cars, as promised:

All 6 cars, before I took them out of their cases.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/dsc02396j.jpg/

The Decades '86 Monte Carlo before I took it out. SWEET model.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/dsc02400rz.jpg/

After I took it out.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/263/dsc02403h.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/dsc02435zb.jpg/

The Hot Wheels Classics Aston DB4 Zagato before I took it out. Sincere apologies for the shoddy photography on this one. :yuck:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/695/dsc02402bf.jpg/

After I took it out. The pics don't do this car justice; it's awesome.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/dsc02432r.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/dsc02434h.jpg/

Aston DBS after I took it out.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/26/dsc02430yr.jpg/

All six cars unpackaged.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/dsc02436q.jpg/

👍

ok first off, my target finds
scaled.php

I was originally supposed to get three and then I got the delorean for the hell of it.
The triumph was a steal though(well, for me), and I liked the 370Z.

Toys R Us finds later

It's been $1.33 regularly for me. Only on those holiday buys are where they drop to 99 pennies.

A toys only consignment shop 10 miles from me still sells new models for .83/piece and anything more than two years old is 1.29. Apparently that's a bargin. He used to sell the new ones for .75 and the older models for .99/piece but he raised prices this year.

Back