1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,483 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
ah, screw you all for the JLs also, altough those are cheaper over here, they are not easy to find at all.

. . . Does everyone have that freaking Skyline?! Those things look great for collections. . . Too bad the ones at mine were probably taken by kids younger than me, who play with them, and chip the paint off such a beauty. :ouch:

. . . Does everyone have that freaking Skyline?! Those things look great for collections. . . Too bad the ones at mine were probably taken by kids younger than me, who play with them, and chip the paint off such a beauty. :ouch:

hey, don't diss kids that play with cars. They allow us to restore them later!

There were 3 or 4 other untouched Skylines in that 4-sided display...you should come to my Toys 'R' Us! :dopey:

That's a good sign. I was barely able to find just one, but I'd like to get......... 3 more. One to keep in package, one to possibly paint to another color, and one for buddy of mine who likes JDM import type cars.

I still can't get over Back to the Future cars. Spent so much time & effort trying find them, only to see so many of them couple of months later. :crazy:

I hit it hard today guys. FREAKING HARD. Will show you soon, I already snapped pictures. And none of it is Hot Wheels.

I want that Yellow 458. I just bought a red one yesterday.

Also today, I swear I saw a modded SLR McLaren Stirling Moss, EXCEPT it was in a pack of 10 (which is huge ripoff)! :mad:

I think I'm getting a bit carried away with this....

contentialandevora.jpg

Matchbox Continental & Evora...

hwferraripack.jpg

and the 5-pack Ferrari Pack: 430 Scuderia, 575 GTC, F50, 288 GTO, 599 GTB Fiorano.

the 5-packs at the store went for $8.65, when buying 5 cars individually only come up to $6.65....

I've been arguing with myself whether or not to get both Ferrari 5-packs...there's some seriously nice ones in there. The white 308 and the Scud are my favorites.

hey I forgot to post my toys R Us finds
scaled.php

my favorites
scaled.php

I also got bored and made a track from the packages
scaled.php

overview:
the ramp up:
scaled.php

The curve
scaled.php

The off ramp:
scaled.php

Hokosuka Skyline! Nice. 👍 I'm speechless on the ramp.

the 5-packs at the store went for $8.65, when buying 5 cars individually only come up to $6.65....
I'm pretty sure that it's for the extra large box. :P Seriously, that makes no sense, does it?

I'm like being taunted by Walmart... I go there today and I find like multiple cars that I already have, like the yellow Gallardo SL, Batmobile, S2K. Though I don't have the Enzo yet, I keep seeing SO many yellow ones... WHERE'S THE RED ONE?!

I have a pretty good collection of Hotwheels cars and Im probably gonna pass em on to my nephew when he turns 6 and he actually takes care of the rare ones I have

I love Cano's big round table. Reason being that whenever he shows a picture of it here it's covered with Hot Wheels! :drool:

I love Cano's big round table. Reason being that whenever he shows a picture of it here it's covered with Hot Wheels! :drool:

And that one’s old.

I hope to make a Picture today of what I just picked up. E-Bay arrived, plus I scored big time Monday at the usual flea market. The table will be full again (:

It will be a while til I can cover a dinner table like Cano does given the criteria I make for buying these things.

Oh, don’t you believe I kept all of those, MANY went to the hands of fellow collectors so I can recover the investment in the ones I kept, and of course, so I can buy more and freaking more. I also kept many of those to restore them later.

Not counting the hot wheels I've had in the past and only the ones I've started like early this year, I can fill up about 1/8th of that table.

Haha, and I just keep the cars I like. I’d imagine that, as it stands today, my collection must have like… 3000 cars. Maybe a bit more. But I’m absolutely unsure.

And I’m still missing lots of cars I want, but that would be stepping into redline territory, and I can’t justify spending hundreds of dollars on single cars.

Back