GTP_Inter_Divisional_Online _Racing (GTP_IDOR) Race Two post #232

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 371 comments
After 3 tries getting:

"You can not join this lounge now, you will be soon, please try again"

I went to an open lounge. Sad, seemed afterwards like I would have had more fun with you.
I've had that sometimes, but not too often. Sad indeed, but see you soon on track again.👍

I'm attending a main race with GTP_wayna at 7:30 PM GMT. Anyone from D1 feel free to join us. Be aware you can only submit once though. So make sure you've had enough practise.

I'll be there Wayne and Wes, looking forward to watching a good battle. Keep it on the track 👍

After 3 tries getting:

"You can not join this lounge now, you will be soon, please try again"

I went to an open lounge. Sad, seemed afterwards like I would have had more fun with you.

Sorry to hear this Vince, next time send me a pm or drop a post in here I'm sure we could do something to fix it, even close lounge and reopen.

Look forward to you joining us again soon, this combo will be changing soon, so keep watching.

I may join and practice, however I have an endurance race tonight so I may not be able to.

Hope you did well in your Enduro akmuq, the evening was great again.

Can't even remembers all the members that joined, would be nice to hear their thoughts of the event and the evenings racing.

Maybe that will help others that have put their name in the interest post on page one first post #1 come and join in the fun too. 👍

GTP_MadMaz vs GTP_Eriba

As there where no other D2 members in the lounge we ran a head to head race good fun and entertaning, make a point of watching the pit stops from lap 10 onward.

I cut out the laps 5 to 10 as it was much of the same, but due to problems that Pekka was having we will be running the race again.

But you must agree watching the video it was good entertainment, there were a number of members in the viewing lounge at the time so we had to put on a good show.

Hope you all had a good evening and look forward to joining again soon.

Phillip.

Last edited:
It was a good race overall , thanks for uploading the replay/s to youtube Phillip. :cheers:

I have had the "17 seconds to race start" happen before (at Hommell @ Cote D'Azur)
, but there was no need for pit stopping IIRC.
The 17 seconds.. stays in the screen for the whole race and creates a sort of blind spot.
Every time there was an uphill you car vanished. :D

Here is a picture after race beforte I exited the lobby:
(Some of the spectators going for practice laps.)

gtpidorrace2dranddadvsm.jpg

Pekka

About my endurance race: I never made it.:( Ah well, I will just claim I would have won.:D

If you haven't seen the post by GTP_w-g-e there is a main race for Division 1 Tonight Post Number 329

Going back state side

Visiting

GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 16 : A Rainbow of V-8's

picture.php

This will be the next past WRS event, Date of start will be posted soon.​

The car will be from the Reccommended garage, so there is no need to buy one for the event as some members may have tuned their car.​

Rooms will be set as per WRS rules, other race details will follow shortly.​

Race Details:

Mode: Arcade Mode : Time Trial
Track: World Circuits > Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
Make: USA > Dodge
Model: Challenger SRT8 '08

Vehicle Specifics:

Power: 425 HP (Stock)
Weight: 1878 kg (Stock)
Transmission: Optional
Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'

Tyre Type: Comfort Soft (N3's)

Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
Mechanical Damage: Optional
Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

Phillip.

Last edited:
I'm in my lounge now. We'll do some short practise races first and then we'll do a main race. Anyone feel free to join and anyone in D1 feel free to join the main race.

EDIT: We're in GTP_Eriba's lounge now.

Last edited:
This was a Division one evening for the GTP_IDOR event 4 GTP Members from D1 turned up for a 15 lap race, I think this would have turned into a very close race if all had the same amount of track time. Allthough the GT300 class are not super fast, when being pushed on the limit, its very hard to catch up if you drop off the pack.

Even more so at this level were the guys in Divisioin one don't make many mistakes for you to recover ground lost.

picture.php
picture.php

All got off the line safe heading into the first corner, the old fella got a good start and held it, but some were a bit ambitious going three a breast into turn one at Deep Forest.

picture.php
picture.php

Coming round into the final turn all looking good in black and white, very close racing and all driving like gentlemen, nice to see the good mix of cars doing battle.

picture.php
picture.php

They were all pushing hard into the tunnels a place where it can get a little sticky with one wrong move and its tiers for everyone in the pack, nice to see all staying to the rules of not running over the concrete.

picture.php

GTP_Wayna looking good in he's Autobacs ARTA Garaiya (SUPER GT) '08 | 514pp

These shots were from races before and after the main division one race, the line up here was
GTP_Wayna - GTP_Nine Hundred - GTP_Fastas - GTP_MadMax - csiApok - guest pj-gm and GTP_Eriba.

Others taking part this night were.

GTP_Jet - GTP_Cico - GTP_w-g-e

Sorry if I've missed any names off let me know and I'll add you in, it was nice to see that everyone left the track once the main division race was to take part, good manners and shows respect for your fellow members thank you.

Moving off track a little (sorry pun) our OLR team did set up an annual GTP_Race event we had 1 / 2 / 3 but things did start to slid a little towards the end, many of the older members will know just what I’m talking of.

This is one of the things when setting up this IDOR event I thought of, not to take away from the other events such as WRS OMRS or annual race event but more in the hope of enhancing these great events that are put on by our members in the OLR team.

With using past WRS races I knew we would have an endless supply of events that could be used tuned / none tuned week after week, by making it inter divisional what better way of scoping out your fellow divisional members, old and new, what better way of getting a heads up on someone’s weaknesses and strengths ready for GTP annual race event. I’m not saying there is going to be one that’s dependent on how the OLR team feels and what time they all have.

It’s been nice to see one or two members from division 3 and 4 coming into the private lounges or lobby rooms, they’ve been made to feel welcome and I hope we have done enough in helping them enjoy the event, but only they can tell you that not me.

If you fancy coming along to the rooms or private lounge and racing with members from your own division having the same abilities as you, or free for all practice please watch this thread or make a post that you would like to join in.

I know that time zones are a pain, so the more members we get posting in different time zones the more likely you are of finding members to race online with.

Phillip.​

Last edited:
Nice pics, Phillip.

BTW, enjoyed your YouTube two-man race vids with MadMax.
But what was up RE: pit stops?

Hahaha Phillip '' GTP_wayna looking good'' i wish . . . Great racing it was, thanks 👍

Your welcome Wayne, at the moment I take my hat off to division one as they have the most members taking part. I hope more take your lead along with Wes, Dan, Jack, Rico, Ali and come along and have enjoyable race evenings.

Nice pics, Phillip.

BTW, enjoyed your YouTube two-man race vids with MadMax.
But what was up RE: pit stops?

Thanks Dan we try to entertain, Pekka is the one to tell you about that glitch, I just thought it was so funny the way his car mowed down my pit crew.

Lets see you joining in with some of your own division members too, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun. 👍

All are welcome to join, all we ask is if a main race is taking part that night, members not in that division vacate the track just for that one race.

Phillip.

Phillip, this wil be my last week that I can race online and do the WRS for +-3 months, so if you guys are racing online please let me now.
Thanks
Wayne

Finally some spare time after a very busy period.
Haven't driven very much lately,so I'll have to practise first.
Pitty cars behave different between practise mode and on-line mode.
Rooms open:
1472-4710-9995-5395-5046
CYA

Edit:room closed

Last edited:
Finally some spare time after a very busy period.
Haven't driven very much lately,so I'll have to practise first.
Pitty cars behave different between practise mode and on-line mode.
Rooms open:
1472-4710-9995-5395-5046
CYA

Edit:room closed

That was a shot out of the blue Eric, very sorry I missed you try to give me a heads up next time, I'll be sure to join your room. 👍

Phillip.

That was a shot out of the blue Eric, very sorry I missed you try to give me a heads up next time, I'll be sure to join your room. 👍

Phillip.

No problem Philip.It was a practise session,tried some different combo's and set-ups.
And due to my holidays it happened in the afternoon.I guess not many people are playing or checking this thread at that time a day :)
Regards

We are here if you wouold like to join: 1472-6681-3630-4565-5744 Room closed thanks for 4 hours of great driving and fun

Phillip.

Last edited:
Going back state side

Visiting

picture.php

This will be the next past WRS event, Date of start will be posted soon.​

The car will be from the Reccommended garage, so there is no need to buy one for the event as some members may have tuned their car.​

Rooms will be set as per WRS rules, other race details will follow shortly.​

Race Details:

Mode: Arcade Mode : Time Trial
Track: World Circuits > Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
Make: USA > Dodge
Model: Challenger SRT8 '08

Vehicle Specifics:

Power: 425 HP (Stock)
Weight: 1878 kg (Stock)
Transmission: Optional
Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'

Tyre Type: Comfort Soft (N3's)

Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
Mechanical Damage: Optional
Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

Phillip.

[/QUOTE]

Time to move on back to past WRS race events with this classic at Laguna, turn out for this favorite of Kevin's (mmm I wonder why) was 59 so making a popular combo.

Start Date: Friday 22nd July / Ten lap race

Details above and the rooms will be set as per WRS rules SRF aid being turned to off.

Phillip.

I might be able to take part in this! Yay!

Btw - I've subscribed to the thread...so now I'll know when somehting gets posted :P

Going back state side

Visiting

Try your hand at this past WRS event.
Not fast but will be a

Room open 1472-6681-3200-9597-8922

Phillip.

I'll join you mate. Give me 15 minutes.

Sorry Philip, I'm having major problems with my connection. I'm now at someone else's connection.

I did some races but it wasn't that challenging :P. Managed to do a 1:43:3 in qualifying but 1:42:xxx lap times are possible.

My time for the GT300 as we're moving on

fastest lap - 1'17.833
best time - 6'39.710

I did some races but it wasn't that challenging :P. Managed to do a 1:43:3 in qualifying but 1:42:xxx lap times are possible.

Hi Joost.

To be fair Joost you were only racing the old codger the fast boys were not there.

I'm sure later when the top guys have time to join in you'll have lots of competition, they were running 1'38 / 1'39 and 1'40 laps :sly:

WRS Results Week 16

I can't do anything like that time.

Phillip.

Thanks for waiting during the race I did. My screen stayed black for ages then when it loaded, you two were already round the first corner.

Thanks for waiting during the race I did. My screen stayed black for ages then when it loaded, you two were already round the first corner.

Room has died again. I guess that's a good sign to give the WRS run a try again.

Sorry Philip, I'm having major problems with my connection. I'm now at someone else's connection.

Sorry for being away for the time you were in the room, I had visitors come last minute. :grumpy:

I look forward to racing with you next time. 👍

Phillip.

Back