GTP_Classics.Watch thread for room number.

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 168 comments
La connexion française
The French Connection

picture.php

picture.php

Hommel Berlinette R/S Coupe ’99 @ Cote d Azur
Pimping your car is allowed if you so wish.

240bhp / 950Kg / 447pp Max you can use ballast.

I’ve tried to tune with part that can be removed if you like to keep your car standard.

Sport hard tyres or less, I find this MR a little tricky with the feet so I would not wear your heavy boots to the track.

Handicap race event your target time is 1’55.00 to 1’58.00 (1'56.000)(this may change with testing) so tune your car accordingly. Use the ballast, engine power limiter and tyre choice, to bring your Berlinette lap times into this range.

As we all know Monte is almost impossible to overtake so to keep the racing very close and let you all show off your driving skills.

Use free run to adjust your installed parts, settings or personal tune so that your lap time meets the target time, then enjoy the close hopefully door to door racing of the French Connection.

Please post when you would like to give this a run.

Why I have tried to run a time of 1'55 to 1'58 this is what I think D5 / D4 and D3 maybe able to do with this combo, but they may prove me wrong.

Phillip.

My apologizes if I’ve not quite got the title right.

Last edited:
Awesome combo Philip. I love this car.👍

Looks like a descent event Phil 👍. Havent tried this car at all so should be interesting specially on this narrow track :D.

Room open: 1472 - 6118 - 3744 - 3751 - 7027

La connexion française
The French Connection

New Room 1472-6681-3759-3054-7529 OpenClosed for now.

Room open: 1472 - 6118 - 3744 - 3751 - 7027

Thanks Wes nice to see this combo being tried out. 👍

Looks like a descent event Phil 👍. Havent tried this car at all so should be interesting specially on this narrow track :D.

Runs well cico, should be good fun with a number on the grid. Set it up to suit all abilities, all welcome to give this car a try out.

Phillip.

Last edited:
Hoping to get on here in a bit, does anyone have a good tune (suspension wise) for this bad boy? It's a little frisky!!

Hoping to get on here in a bit, does anyone have a good tune (suspension wise) for this bad boy? It's a little frisky!!

Have visitors coming over tonight, so may not make it till later, depending on what time they go.

Phillip.

I have some ideas for this race. Why not make this like a WRS handicap event?
I think that's much better than the way it is now. I would also like to see that coming back in future GTP_classics or GTP_IDOR events.

Of course someone has to do some testing first, but I'm willing to do that together with someone from each division. This way everyone can compete for the win.
Also, I think we should allow everyone to choose in which division they will partcicipate. Some are just not at the same level as most members of their division.

Looking forward to hear what you think of this.:)
I'm also aware of the possibility that you already come across this idea. Then I would like to hear why you didn't choose to do it this way.

That's a good idea Wes. Some simple ballast adding or power limiting could make these races nice and close (and give me a hope of getting somewhere near you :P ). I'm happy to do some (very) bottom end of D2 testing for this

That's a good idea Wes. Some simple ballast adding or power limiting could make these races nice and close (and give me a hope of getting somewhere near you :P ). I'm happy to do some (very) bottom end of D2 testing for this

I have some ideas for this race. Why not make this like a WRS handicap event?
I think that's much better than the way it is now. I would also like to see that coming back in future GTP_classics or GTP_IDOR events.

Of course someone has to do some testing first, but I'm willing to do that together with someone from each division. This way everyone can compete for the win.
Also, I think we should allow everyone to choose in which division they will partcicipate. Some are just not at the same level as most members of their division.

Looking forward to hear what you think of this.:)
I'm also aware of the possibility that you already come across this idea. Then I would like to hear why you didn't choose to do it this way.

I did try a sort of handicap idea, but without members coming along from each differing abilities and doing some testing which I put in the details.

"Handicap race event your target time is 1’55.00 to 1’58.00 (this may change with testing) so tune your car accordingly. Use the ballast, engine power limiter and tyre choice, to bring your Berlinette lap times into this range."

Sure if you have better ideas of making it work so that the slower members can keep up with the quicker members, fine write them in the thread.

I picked a time range that I thought most members could reach with a small amount of de-tuning for top guys and a little up-tuning for the not so gifted like myself.

But this is almost impossible to do by ones self, I take my hat off to the members that do make the effort to come along and support these events, to all others that like online racing, come along and join in the fun we do try to make it interesting for all. 👍

Phillip.

What about this:
D1: comfort soft
D2: sports hard
D3: sports medium
D4 & D5: sports soft

Doesn't need to be complicated.:dopey:

What about this:
D1: comfort soft
D2: sports hard
D3: sports medium
D4 & D5: sports soft

Doesn't need to be complicated.:dopey:

Sounds great, but remember its open to all members not just divisional members, this is why we need GTP_Members to get motivated come along and join in the fun. :sly:

Phillip.

Sounds great, but remember its open to all members not just divisional members, this is why we need GTP_Members to get motivated come along and join in the fun. :sly:

Phillip.
Non GTP_members choose the tyre combo they're comfortable with. Or they can do a quick test on all the tyre combo's.:)

I tried that viper of an Hommell (hommel in dutch means a sort of wasp) and I reached 1'56 laptimes using following setup:

240/996/447
46 ballast
tcs 5
wing at 20
race gearbox max 200

When using S3's laptimes are about 3 seconds slower and much more stable and less frightening :), and then almost starting to like driving around Monte LOL.

I tried that viper of an Hommell (hommel in dutch means a sort of wasp) and I reached 1'56 laptimes using following setup:

240/996/447
46 ballast
tcs 5
wing at 20
race gearbox max 200

When using S3's laptimes are about 3 seconds slower and much more stable and less frightening :), and then almost starting to like driving around Monte LOL.
I'm afraid you can't use aerodynamics.

I'm afraid you can't use aerodynamics.
Philip says it's all right as long as you run about the same laptime using your specific setup and have fun doing it :) Check with him if you want to be sure.

Philip says it's all right as long as you run about the same laptime using your specific setup and have fun doing it :) Check with him if you want to be sure.
Well, I don't need it anyway.

Glad you like it then.:)

We did a few trial races this afternoon

GTP_w-g-e.
GTP_Lynx-can. well done lynx in the time you had to setup your car.
asdfg. good job by him as he joined in the theme and did very well. 👍
Myself.

One or two guests who thought they could stay with Wes, but alas they couldn't, all in all the handicap worked very well. We set a lap time of 1'56 ish in free run then once we were all happy set about trying this in a race.

It was very close racing for the most part, as we all had differing abilities, I think Wes had the hardest job of containing his D1 abilities with de-tuning this tricky little Berlinette. 👍

Passing was able but you had to be patient and pick your spot, or hope for a mistake by the guy infront. :ouch:

Phillip.

Last edited:
We did a few trial races this afternoon

GTP_w-g-e.
GTP_Lynx-can. well done lynx in the time you had to setup your car.
asdfg. good job by him as he joined in the theme and did very well. 👍
Myself.

One or two guests who thought they could stay with Wes, but alas they couldn't, all in all the handicap worked very well. We set a lap time of 1'56 ish in free run then once we were all happy set about trying this in a race.

It was very close racing for the most part, as we all had differing abilities, I think Wes had the hardest job of containing his D1 abilities with de-tuning this tricky little Berlinette. 👍

Passing was able but you had to be

Phillip.

Not sure of that, but yes I was struggling a lot.

patient and pick your spot, or hope for a mistake by the guy infront. :ouch:
And even then you can't overtake and constanly brake to a full stop or hit him.:ouch:

My current setup for the Berlinette R/S Coupe :

Gears
Final 2.800 max speed all the way left.

Final 2.500

LSD 21/15/26

Suspension

-20/-5
15.5/10.5
4/4
4/5
7/1

1.7/1.5
0.00/0.00

brakes 7/5

Sports Hard tyres

High RPM Turbo + removable powerups to meet max pp
From there engine restricting to match the target/handicap time.
Twin clutch and Semi Racing Flywheel installed. (Wing is optional)

MadMax

Nice setup Pekka.

Having the handicap makes for very close racing, when I thought this event up I didn't think it was going to be this close, whereby its anybodies race right up to the line.

Thanks to everyone that joined in the racing, made for an enjoyable evening 👍

Phillip.

picture.php

Nurburgring Nordschleife goes all rotary

picture.php

Mazda
Derives from Ahura Mazda, a god of the earliest civilizations in West Asia...the god of wisdom, intelligence and harmony..."

By request this race is for Mazda’s only you can pick any car from the Mazda range and tune it to fit the bill

This event is open to all Members of GTPlanet​

Excluding any concept or race car, you may have any year from classic to Rx8, pimp your rides to see who can have the best looking car on the track.

More details will follow after testing, if anybody would like to test a couple of cars and post details that would help, but please keep it sensible, no 500bhp and racing soft tires please this is classics.

Would like to work in the 400pp to 450pp. Lap time of 8'20 ish, I think this will allow all the cars from classic Cosmo Sport L10B to RX8 to compete.

Phillip.

Last edited:
qevx7.png

I just ran the RX-8 Type S '07 round in under 8 mins with the following;

Sport Soft Tyres
Full Suspension
Twin Clutch/Racing Flywheel/Carbon Shaft/Full LSD
Full Trans
Sports Exhaust/Catalytic Converter
Sports Filter
Engine ECU
Reinforced Chassis
Front Aero + Spoiler

293 BHP - 461 PP

Was quite a fun and easy to drive car, the time would be faster but I kept going off on some parts and I'm sure some of the Higher Division guys can lap a lot better in it.

I also Tried the Rx7 (the last one in the Dealership, forgot the specifics) but I didn't like it at all, so I quickly moved on from it :sly:

Thats a good time Mike but could be a little quick at that bhp for the

Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) ‘67
Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10B) ‘68

As not to make the event a one horse race, once we start to get setups from a good mix the Mazda's we'll be able to get a better picture, which will give us a base line for all car from the Mazda range.

We had a one make race in GTP_Classic last time as you can see from the event before this one. So I hope this time for a wide variety and some good paint jobs. :cool:

10 / 10 for being the first in the testing. 👍

Phillip.

10 / 10 for being the first in the testing. 👍

And for picking the best car :)

I have a super busy week but will definitely be making time for this, no prizes for guessing what I'll be driving :D

Yeah I understand.

I ran another car, RX-7 GT-X(FC) '90

Semi sports exhaust
Race Filter

236BHP
435 PP

The time was around 8 Minutes 10. I've no idea what kind of speeds the cars you've mentioned can do, as I've not come across them before. So I'll wait until somebody has a go in them. Maybe we'll have to run some stock cars to lower the times a bit.

Back