Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup Title - Series Champion: RFLX_Niop

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a brilliant race!:) Was fighting for the lead with Joe and RFLX for the first 5 or so laps but spun at turn 2 twice in a row, lap 5 and 6 I think, so I was cautious through there for the rest of the race. After my spins I dropped down to 5th I think after homeslice was behind (may be wrong, I'll check the replay tomorrow) Before the stops I overtook Knelly and droptop. I went a couple of extra laps just to make sure I got a lap led as I'm not entirely sure I got one (think I did though). I would have got one but I ran wide on the final turn. I had to pit. I came out 5th again behind drop and homeslice. I overtook them and ran away from them and RFLX came out beside me, which resulted in a 10 lap battle with him. He made a move into turn 1 on the final lap, I stuck with him, made a bad move around the outside into the chicane which didn't come off, got a brilliant draft up to the final turn, but I ran wide on the final turn which led RFLX to 2nd place. Well done RFLX! Really disapointed about the two spins, I would have had a chance at winning, I pulled in on joe by 10 seconds on the second stint before I went wide on the final lap!

What a brilliant race!:) Was fighting for the lead with Joe and RFLX for the first 5 or so laps but spun at turn 2 twice in a row, lap 5 and 6 I think, so I was cautious through there for the rest of the race. After my spins I dropped down to 5th I think after homeslice was behind (may be wrong, I'll check the replay tomorrow) Before the stops I overtook Knelly and droptop. I went a couple of extra laps just to make sure I got a lap led as I'm not entirely sure I got one (think I did though). I would have got one but I ran wide on the final turn. I had to pit. I came out 5th again behind drop and homeslice. I overtook them and ran away from them and RFLX came out beside me, which resulted in a 10 lap battle with him. He made a move into turn 1 on the final lap, I stuck with him, made a bad move around the outside into the chicane which didn't come off, got a brilliant draft up to the final turn, but I ran wide on the final turn which led RFLX to 2nd place. Well done RFLX! Really disapointed about the two spins, I would have had a chance at winning, I pulled in on joe by 10 seconds on the second stint before I went wide on the final lap!

Thanks for the good battle! Made my race really fun. Tough break on those spins, I recon without them you and Joe would have been battling the whole way. I had to do a 2 stop race, I didn't feel I could control my car for 20 laps.

Joe, Congrats on the win!

Off to a good start for me! :sly: That 10 seconds that you made up, akmuq, was the 4-5 seconds I lost from knelly getting into me, and the loss of pace from the extra tyre wear this caused. That and I kinda went easy for the last few laps. >___>

Maybe I should repay Knelly for that in our next race..... :dopey:

I won't get pole at Daytona with my setup by the way, so don't worry about me grabbing it when I arrive with 15 minutes or so before the start of the race.

Reposting from earlier in the thread so everyone can see:

"The prize payout is as follows:

1st place: Receive any 5 items** from my trading thread
2nd place: Receive any 3 items from my trading thread
3rd place: Receive any 1 item from my trading thread

**1 item is defined as any ONE of the following:
1 ticket
1 car
5 paint chips
1 set of 30 helmets
1 set of 30 racing suits"

I'm guessing this is per race, since you asked me what I wanted after we finished tonight.

The 5 cars I'd like should all be tradeable (Premium Super GT cars): Takata Dome NSX '06, Epson NSX '08, Xanavi Nismo GT-R '08, Raybrig NSX '06, Arta NSX '06. I'm trying to finish up my collection of fully upgraded non-DLC premium cars, which currently stands at 19 missing cars. This'll take care of 5 of them, and leave me needing 2 more tradeable cars, with the other 12 unable to be traded.

Last edited:
Reposting from earlier in the thread so everyone can see:

"The prize payout is as follows:

1st place: Receive any 5 items** from my trading thread
2nd place: Receive any 3 items from my trading thread
3rd place: Receive any 1 item from my trading thread

**1 item is defined as any ONE of the following:
1 ticket
1 car
5 paint chips
1 set of 30 helmets
1 set of 30 racing suits"

I'm guessing this is per race, since you asked me what I wanted after we finished tonight.

He might be pointing out that you will dominate the chase.

We'll see, I usually have bad luck at Daytona, since I nearly always end up as part of someone else's wreck. The past couple of races there were rare exceptions. I also seem to have bad luck at Indy in this series. In my first Indy race I got disconnected while leading near the end of the race, and in the second one the guy right in front of me ran out of fuel, so I hit him and lost the draft to the guy that was just ahead.

We'll see, I usually have bad luck at Daytona, since I nearly always end up as part of someone else's wreck. The past couple of races there were rare exceptions. I also seem to have bad luck at Indy in this series. In my first Indy race I got disconnected while leading near the end of the race, and in the second one the guy right in front of me ran out of fuel, so I hit him and lost the draft to the guy that was just ahead.

I'm good at Daytona but crap at Indy, I had to two-stop the 60 lap race.

Yeah, I'm making assumptions here, but I think you can go ahead and start figuring out now what you would like to collect after the next four races have been completed. :lol:

By the way, no matter where I finish in the final standings, I'm deleting myself from the payout structure. So, if I finish second in the final Chase standings, the third and fourth place finishers would get 2nd and 3rd place payouts. 👍

EDIT - The results will be a day late getting posted. Look for them after the completion of the Brickyard 400 Sunday evening.

Last edited:
Since we're probably going to practice at Daytona tonight, I'm going to finally get my practice done at Suzuka East today.

EDIT: Just finished testing at Suzuka. The fastest lap possible for me is a 49.7xx (had a 49.9xx and was 0.2 up in the first sector of the next lap, before touching the grass and losing time in the middle sector.). It should definitely be a 1 stop race, with the most care being taken to not wear out the left front under braking for the first corner. The pitlane is one of the worst to try and get into, since it's inside the last corner. You have to slow down to about 50-55mph halfway round the corner to make it in, and you're on the racing line while doing so. So it might be a good idea if we let someone behind us know when we go in (a few corners before or something.).

Last edited:
Count me out for Daytona practice this evening, there's a huge lightning storm in the area right now.

Is anyone actually testing before I decide to come on. I would like to run 40 laps if anyone's up for it!!!

Setting up room mate, just want to see if can be pushed etc for 40

EDIT: Just ran 40 laps with Joe, being pushed for all of them. There's two of us at least that won't be pitting. Sure we're not alone in that though.

Last edited:
:lol: I was just looking at your post which says what you were getting at Suzuka East and I was thinking that's really slow.:lol:

I did a 48 I think in the seasonal with an online setup for Indy I think and transmission which was way to low thinking "I can win this race" then I remembered the restrictor plates.:ouch::lol: I'd say I can get close to Joe though at Suzuka.👍

:lol: I was just looking at your post which says what you were getting at Suzuka East and I was thinking that's really slow.:lol:

I did a 48 I think in the seasonal with an online setup for Indy I think and transmission which was way to low thinking "I can win this race" then I remembered the restrictor plates.:ouch::lol: I'd say I can get close to Joe though at Suzuka.👍

The most important thing at Suzuka will be not putting a wheel on the grass/running wide/going off, because of how much time it costs you. That and making sure that there's no accidents where someone is trying to pit.

I also said before that Suzuka will probably be my worst track.

Here are the results, without the nice-looking spreadsheet layout (that will be posted tomorrow after work).

HSR Results:

1: JoeOfTheFire (Pole Position, 36 laps led) - 20 points, +3 bonus points
2: RFLX_Niop (4 laps led) - 18 points, +1 bonus point
3: GTP_akmuq - 16 points
4: Droptop2001gt - 14 points
5: homeslice47 - 12 points
6: Knelly - 11 points

S8xEg.jpg

Next race, 40 laps at Daytona Oval!

Last edited:
akmuq
Damn I didn't lead a lap.:ouch:

I thought you had during the race, but Joe crossed the line first on pit road, and Niop beat you back to the line on the following lap.

Yeah I was pretty sure I had when battling with Joe and RFLX in the opening stint, but stayed out an extra 2 laps just to make sure but I messed up on lap 21 and RFLX beat me. Ah well, it's only 1 point.:)

Good race sat. guys. My car was fast but 3 or 4 spins in the "s" turns killed me. Sorry about the lap 1 spin guys, i'm lucky i didnt wreck everybody.

Ran some laps at suzuka, but struggled to keep it off the grass. I struggle in Cup cars on road courses.

Is a pit stop mandatory for every race?

homeslice47
Good race sat. guys. My car was fast but 3 or 4 spins in the "s" turns killed me. Sorry about the lap 1 spin guys, i'm lucky i didnt wreck everybody.

Ran some laps at suzuka, but struggled to keep it off the grass. I struggle in Cup cars on road courses.

I enjoyed racing with you Saturday. Some of my best battles were trying to hold you and akmuq back, and then trying to keep up after you inevitably got around me. :lol:

No pit stops are required.

Yeah, minimising offs is the main key for racing at Suzuka East. (That and what I've already said about entering the pits.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back