homeslice47 (19 laps led) - 20 points, +2 bonus points
RFLX-niop (6 laps led) - 18 points, +1 bonus point
Knelly (Pole Position, 14 laps led) - 16 points, +2 bonus points
GTP_akmuq - 14 points
Droptop2001gt - 12 points
ACDCROCKS123 (1 lap led) - 11 points, +1 bonus point
DBUCKEYES - 10 points
Joeofthefire - 9 points

Added point standings to the original results post quoted above.

Last edited:
I wasn't tryin' to help you, I was goin' for the win. But I didn't want to go below the yellow, just had no where to go so you got a boost lol. But looking at the replay, I think you still enough momentum without the push to win it.

Yep, I was trying to take the line from the outside but I knew laps ago that you had a faster race pace car. The bump made no difference to you winning but it stopped me taking second I think.

Cooto's to Niop for staying above the yellow line - not many would do that, although I think everyone racing in the chase, actually would have.

As for my race, I was very happy to get pole (worked hard for it) and my next goal was to lead the most. Obviously Homeslice put a stop to that and it was a good 'most laps led' battle. I am a bit angry with myself now though as I know there were at least three more laps I could have led if I had not been content sitting behind the Americans for a little while.

I was quite happy to be honest that the pack broke away, slightly increasing the chances of a win, but it was going to be interesting if the tail pack managed to catch up. Think we would have been 6 wide on the line if that happened.

Good racing guys.

I should probably go ahead and lay out my expectations now, since the last race is at Daytona.

At Daytona, I am ok with passing under the yellow line ONLY when coming to the finish line when past the pit road entrance, and ONLY on the very last lap. Under no circumstances should anyone use the grass to make a pass. Anyone doing so will be penalized one lap, essentially finishing as the last car on the lead lap.

Other than the last ~200 yards of the race, everything should happen above the yellow line, unless it's to avoid an accident on the track. I'm also ok with blocking (pulling up/down in front of a car that is still BEHIND you) in the last ~200 yards, but not intentionally wrecking (pulling up/down on a car that is already BESIDE you) another car.

Last edited:
After our Chase is over 6 weeks from now, I plan on running an actual Sprint Cup restrictor-plate Daytona 500 (Saturday, September 3rd), and then running a weekly Daytona room in My Lounge, so we can all hit the track and have some fun om Saturday evenings. Keep a watch out for it, and join us when you have time.

Ok, so I changed the date to Saturday September 10th... :scared:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=217729

I can run a high-51, but that setup would barely 2-stop the race, if I was lucky.

My best lap has been a 50.2, but I won't be hitting that in the race unless the draft helps out. Consistently I'm hitting about a 51.0, but I'm not sure about the pit strategy yet.

Hey Drop, Just on way back home from London, and should be back in time for start.

I'll be on as soon as I've gotten the PS3 system update downloaded. Hopefully it'll be done in time (I have slow internet speeds, though they don't affect online play unless there's a load of people (usually about 12+ people) in a room/lounge etc.). It'll take 20 minutes at the speed it's currently going at.

Good thing I wasn't planning on getting pole position.

EDIT: Another disconnect. I'm done.

Last edited:
Joe, do you think it's because we went from open lobbies to private lounges?

Tonight I'd tried joining your lounge and disconnected immediately...

Is that alone on track? :scared:

Yeah, that's alone on the track. But I'm pretty sure Joe has ran faster than that. The good news is: I won't be hitting those during the race, just most likely in Qualifying. Unless the Draft plays a part.

Today's race: I'm pretty upset with RedSox and Crazy Bassist for trying to win a 200 mile race in the SECOND CORNER! RedSox, if you're going to run the high line and push it 3 wide, stay in the high line, and exit in the high line. And Crazy Bassist, you are not at fault here, but it would have been nice if you would have let out of the throttle when RedSox forced me down.

That being said, congrats on the win Knelly. And Drop, sorry I couldn't help you make it to the end.

Joe, do you think it's because we went from open lobbies to private lounges?

No, the High Speed Ring race went just fine. Since then I've not been able to stay in your lounge long enough to do more than half an outlap. I've reset everything to do with my internet, and cleared my online cache in the GT5 options menu, but that's not worked.

Indy Results:

1st: Knelly (20 laps led) - 20 points, +1 bonus point
2nd: DBUCKEYES (7 laps led) - 18 points, +1 bonus point
3rd: CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 (3 laps led) - 16 points, +1 bonus point
4th: RFLX_Niop - 14 points
5th: Droptop2001gt (Pole Position, 28 laps led) - 12 points, +3 bonus points
6th: SnakeGT40 (4 laps led) - 11 points, +1 bonus point
7th: MrRedSox2542 (12 laps led) - 10 points, +1 bonus point
8th: ACDCROCKS123 (6 laps led) - 9 points, +1 bonus point
9th: JoeOfTheFire - 8 points

vyuhF.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, that's alone on the track. But I'm pretty sure Joe has ran faster than that. The good news is: I won't be hitting those during the race, just most likely in Qualifying. Unless the Draft plays a part.

I thought that 50.2 was at Indy! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Finally, I win a race in the Series, and more importantly in The Chase. You've no idea how much I needed the win. Shame we were missing Joe, Akmuq and Homeslice, but I had to take advantage of that.

Race as I saw it (and after watching the replay):

Drop, great job on taking pole. I was always just behind you, beating your last PB about two laps after you posted another. That's what I get for not starting bang on 21:00 :ouch:

Lap 1

Unlucky Niop, it was RedSox being in the high line and just drifting down into you. Crazy did seem to drift up 'ever so slightly' at the same time, Redsox touching your front right and Crazy your rear left. The rest was inevitable. Great fourth place finish though mate.

Laps 2 - 26
Top 7 close pack racing, almost everyone leading at least a lap till ACDC decides he wants to be at the front (a bit too aggressive in my eyes, so early on).

Good racing with Drop around lap 5 - 8, to catch back up to the lead group after falling a little behind.

Lol, three wide going into 1 on Lap 13 :nervous:

Nice recovery by Buck as I slide into him a little on Lap 17 going into 3, to scrape the wall. Sorry dude :dunce:

Lap 20, Drop takes the lap and ACDC tries everything to take it back, resulting in him spinning, but only taking himself out (although he did scrape my quarterpanel as he was spinning (phew)). Actually, his spin assisted in RedSox losing the draft on the now, group of 5.

Whittling them down :)

Lap 27 - Everyone pits leaving Drop out on his own, but RedSox who was trailing the lead pack stays out as well. Everyone else comes out clean but spread.

I hook up with Buck on Lap 30 (working till the end Bruvva), a lap down, as RedSox pits.

Snake and Crazy finally hook up on 34, while Buck and I are about to take Drop to get on lead lap.

Lap 36 - there it is :sly: leaving him for dust lol

Lap 38 - Drop pits on his 'one stop strategy' and I take the lead thanks to Buck.

Lap 42 - Drop and Redsox hook up giving up Knelly/Buck ... Crazy/Snake ... Niop .... Redsox/Drop, all on lead lap.

Lap 54 - Pit time for Knelly/Buck ... Snake/Crazy ... Niop ... giving RedSox/Drop the lead

Lap 55 - Niop comes out right in front of Red/Drop and Drop moves immediately on him ... hmmmm .. three of them pushing now with Niop a Lap down. 12s lead at this point. Now it was all down Drop's tyre wear and how quickly I run him down :crazy:

PS Niop, PINK HELMET ..... :scared:

Lap 64 - Red spins before he could pit. And Drop and Niop get faster for a while, I had the gap down to 8s

Lap 66 - Red (a lap down) catches the back of Snake/Crazy. Everyone has a runner, and now knows what they need to do, with 15 left.

Lap 70 - Down to 9s
Lap 72 - 8s
Lap 75 - 7s
Lap 76 - 6s
Lap 77 - 5s and the Drops tyres give up coming out of 4, giving me the lead almost immediately. Leaving Niop on his own and the other bunch 10s behind me and Buck

Lap 80 - Pushed to victory :dopey: 👍 👍

Fastest Lap, me, 50.288

Now, for damage limitation at Suzuka, just pickup as many points as possible, and they it's all down to Daytona ... as it should be.

Great racing guys, had loads of fun :sly:

Knelly, First what a great win for you. Second, that has got to be the most fun I have ever had in a race in a long time. Racing with you guys is a real pleasure.

And Drop, thanks to your help I was able to be competitive and be there at the end for some great racing. Well done everyone!

Yeah Drop, it's just something about your room that makes me disconnect. I've been racing in other peoples' private lounges tonight (and other nights between the Daytona and Indy races) without any problems.

See if it works at Suzuka. Doubt you'll get any stragglers wanting to do that in a NASCAR :yuck:

See if it works at Suzuka. Doubt you'll get any stragglers wanting to do that in a NASCAR :yuck:

Naming the room something like "NASCAR @ Suzuka East Invite Only League Race" should also help, though you'll still get people who don't read the room name, or who can't read English.

DrifterJoe
Naming the room something like "NASCAR @ Suzuka East Invite Only League Race" should also help, though you'll still get people who don't read the room name, or who can't read English.

Room names are limited to something stupid like 15 characters.

Just a brief working out. I reckon 30 points over the last two races will get me a top three finish. That's my goal at the moment.

Only Niop can mathematically break the 400 barrier now, and there are still 6 participants left who can (mathematically) win. Let's see how many are left after Suzuka East.

EDIT: So, when is everyone leaving Indianapolis to get to Suzuka in this 6,599 mile trip? And then back to Daytona in the 7,370 mile trip that follows? I had my car sent over while the engine was still warm from winning. Flying tonight to avoid the jetlag!!!

It's been a long season, finishing with potentially the longest trips between races. Driver fatigue at this late stage in the chase could be crucial ;)

Can anyone guess how bored I am in work today? Lol.

Last edited:
Ok so I'll start it off again. Definitely a one stop race. Joe has time on me though (as usual) but a reckon I can find some more.

Beat of 51.576 with constant 53/54s.

Suzuka East by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back