Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup Title - Series Champion: RFLX_Niop

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fastest lap possible for me is a 49.7xx (had a 49.9xx and was 0.2 up in the first sector of the next lap, before touching the grass and losing time in the middle sector.). It should definitely be a 1 stop race, with the most care being taken to not wear out the left front under braking for the first corner. The pitlane is one of the worst to try and get into, since it's inside the last corner. You have to slow down to about 50-55mph halfway round the corner to make it in, and you're on the racing line while doing so. So it might be a good idea if we let someone behind us know when we go in (a few corners before or something.).

Quoting this since Suzuka is next up.

Ps3 has a nascar seasonal event at suzuka, i ran a few laps (850hp) and i beat the "gold" by about 4 seconds. Thinking i had a great run i checked my overall rankings and i was only 8400th fastest, o well lol. Hopefully i can make it sat., but i will probably be a back marker.

Honeslice, don't worry about overall ranking, that seasonal was a glitches TT anyway.👎

Oh mate, I'm sorry to hear that. That's you out for the title :(.

Looks like RFLX (Jimmie Johnson) Niop is going to take it. But anything can happen in NASCAR ;)

Down to 5 contenders now!!!

Looks like RFLX (Jimmie Johnson) Niop is going to take it. But anything can happen in NASCAR ;)

Down to 5 contenders now!!!

Yep, never bet against Jimmie in the chase. But true, anything can still happen.

Oh I see, it's like that is it - I get my first win, and the table has still not been updated :grumpy:

Only joking Drop, but would be nice. :)

EDIT: Just noticed no Droptop since Sunday, hoping everything is ok :nervous:

Last edited:
Working double shifts all week at work, trying to cover for vacations, sickness and one idiot I fired a week ago. I'm in for Saturday, though. Don't worry.

Sorry to hear that mate. At least it's the weekend now. We can all relax, get into our American beasts, and rip it up NASCAR style. :)

homeslice47
Anyone up for some testing/racing suzuka tonight? I should be online sometime after 830est.

I will definately be around in probably an hour or so, for quite a while. Would love to test mate.

Working double shifts all week at work, trying to cover for vacations, sickness and one idiot I fired a week ago. I'm in for Saturday, though. Don't worry.

Aye, double shifts suck. I just fired an idiot as well, but I fear I may have hired another one. :dunce:

Knelly
I will definately be around in probably an hour or so, for quite a while. Would love to test mate.

Sorry Home, found my drafting partner online and we ripped up 3 different rooms. Every race but 1 out of 8, one of us won. It was beautiful. But at the cost of my car not being up to speed tomorrow unfortunately :(

Sorry Home, found my drafting partner online and we ripped up 3 different rooms. Every race but 1 out of 8, one of us won. It was beautiful. But at the cost of my car not being up to speed tomorrow unfortunately :(

Thanks for helping me out, Knelly. :sly:

Niop
Thanks for helping me out, Knelly. :sly:

It's ok Niop. I've pm'd everyone else asking them them to spin you ;).

I have a very good stable car (best road setup I've had I think) but I'm at least a second off the pace!

It's ok Niop. I've pm'd everyone else asking them them to spin you ;).

I have a very good stable car (best road setup I've had I think) but I'm at least a second off the pace!

Maybe try this.

It was linked from kenkwilinski's garage to JLawerence's, personally, I'm sticking to my High Speed Ring setup for tonight.:)

akmuq
Maybe try this.

It was linked from kenkwilinski's garage to JLawerence's, personally, I'm sticking to my High Speed Ring setup for tonight.:)

Seen it, used it, tweaked it ;). It's very good but lacks pace to the front runners in road circuits in this series.

Thanks for sharing though Akmuq.

Looks like now its the race to the Chase for second place. Congrats on a big win today Niop.

Hey Drop, appreciate you're busy but any chance of updating the table so I can work out and post all the different scenarios that can happen on Saturday!

Coolio

Suzuka Results:

1. RFLX_Niop (pole, 27 laps led) - 23 points
2. homeslice47 (3 laps led) - 19 points
3. GTP_Akmuq (5 laps led) - 17 points
4. Droptop2001gt - 14 points
5. Crazy_Bassist_83 - 12 points
6. Knelly - 11 points

ZwPAO.jpg

Last edited:
That was off the top of my head, and posted from my phone at work, so double check the numbers. ;)

They look about right.

Just gutted Suzuka wasn't 30 seconds longer at the end (or Niop was 30 seconds slower :ouch:), as I am convinced I was taking 5th from Crazy due to his tyres.

Would have put me in clear second spot. :grumpy:

They look about right.

Just gutted Suzuka wasn't 30 seconds longer at the end (or Niop was 30 seconds slower :ouch:), as I am convinced I was taking 5th from Crazy due to his tyres.

Would have put me in clear second spot. :grumpy:

You could have taken 3rd from me.:scared:

Don't understand youngun, were your tyres shot as well?

Yup, lost second place in the last couple of laps. It happened from pitting on lap 16 in the hope of undercutting RFLX.

akmuq
Yup, lost second place in the last couple of laps. It happened from pitting on lap 16 in the hope of undercutting RFLX.

Needed probably three to five more laps to catch you, as I had just unlapped myself from you on the next-to-last lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back