Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup Title - Series Champion: RFLX_Niop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing it back to Saturday night, are we all going to be there?

I know Boyce said he can't make it again, which is a shame, but the more the merrier of course.

Once our race is over, I'll almost certainly open a room in the open public lobby for more Daytona action. I would recommend having two cars ready, a 502hp with hard tires and a 892hp with soft tires. We could run either, or some of both, depending on the crowd.

Bringing it back to Saturday night, are we all going to be there?

I know Boyce said he can't make it again, which is a shame, but the more the merrier of course.

I'll be there, of course. I've got a chase to win. :sly:

Going by the current chase point standings, the best result for me would be me winning and having everyone else come in reverse order to the first race.

Also, I won't be doing the "turn up with 15 minutes to go and snatch pole" thing, since my setup isn't suited for lapping solo and is a tenth or two off of my older setup's solo pace. That old setup wasn't exactly the fastest either. Though I will still probably turn up 15 minutes or so before the race starts.

Last edited:
At the start of the season I got pole for the shootout and would have had pole for the 100 lap opener if I hadn't quit the free run after misjudging the time left so hopefully I can take pole on Saturday.:scared:

It's the race for the chase for the cup for the thing! :dopey:

(Sorry I just had to, was listening to Midweek Motorsports earlier...)

Think I have the car for pole. It's going to take a superb time to beat what mine us capable of. ;)

I bought a new car just so I don't get mixed up with my High Speed Ring setup as I couldn't be bothered taking note of it.:lol:

I've got a #42 road course car, #42 unrestricted Daytona car and the Red Bull Daytona car.

Yes, Juan Montoya is my favorite driver.;)

I'll be driving the #18 tonight. Got my Kyle Bush clobber all sorted out and ready to say something condescending about another driver when I win!!!

Every single time "disconnected from the server." Couldn't stay in the room for more than a minute before getting a disconnect, so impossible to join and race. That's finished off my chase chances. :mad: :banghead: :mad: :banghead: 🤬 Mass raging...

Every single time "disconnected from the server." Couldn't stay in the room for more than a minute before getting a disconnect, so impossible to join and race. That's finished off my chase chances. :mad: :banghead: :mad: :banghead: 🤬 Mass raging...

Tough break Joe, but I believe you still get points for showing up and making it out on the track. So I think you're still very much in it, as I didn't win or lead the most laps. It's going to be a good battle still.

Ugh......

Got knocked out of the pack early on, but acdc and drop crashed and fell behind me. They bump drafted back to me and the chase was on. The gap was 9 seconds when we first got together but we knocked it down to 3 seconds by lap 22, the lead pack seemed to pull away from us for the next few laps and then we had to make up 4 seconds in the final 8 laps, we had some epic bump-drafting going on, making the half a second a lap required but on the third-last lap, just 2 seconds behind in turns 1 and 2, we had a big accident. I think it was my fault, drop thinks it was his fault, I'll check the replay, but it was a bummer and made all our hard work for nothing.

It was a brilliant chase down, but an anti-climax to it.:(

Shame, because before the race I felt as if it was my best chance at a win in the chase.

Akmuq, can u post the replay to drop please. He forgot to save it.

My race report to follow guys.

Joe, you'll get credit for 8th place since you did put down a qualifying lap.

Daytona Results:
homeslice47 (19 laps led) - 20 points, +2 bonus points
RFLX-niop (6 laps led) - 18 points, +1 bonus point
Knelly (Pole Position, 14 laps led) - 16 points, +2 bonus points
GTP_akmuq - 14 points
Droptop2001gt - 12 points
ACDCROCKS123 (1 lap led) - 11 points, +1 bonus point
DBUCKEYES - 10 points
Joeofthefire - 9 points

CVTnd.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't lead a lap.

Acdc got pole but I think knelly got credited with it for some reason.

I'm pretty sure knelly bumped his time with fresh tires and no fuel.

He quit out not long before the end and didn't have a chance to get a time in, I'm sure, however since he was put on pole the point should be given to him.

I got pole Akmuq, yes ACDC put in the first 48.9xx lap, but as drop says, with only minutes left, new tyres and no fuel, I beat it with a 48.951. About 200ths quicker.

I took a look at the replay.

homeslice47: 19 laps led
Knelly: 14 laps led
Niop: 6 laps led
ACDC: 1 lap led

I got pole Akmuq, yes ACDC put in the first 48.9xx lap, but as drop says, with only minutes left, new tyres and no fuel, I beat it with a 48.951. About 200ths quicker.
Nice.:sly:
Boooo, I thought it was tighter than that.

Nice race Homeslice 👍

I tought you were top the majority of laps. Can't argue with the evidence though.:dopey:

Nice race guys. Too bad the field got separated in the beginning. Me and knelly where battling hard to lead the most laps. I think between knelly, niop and i we must have had 25 lead changes between us.

Droptop and the rest of the field where going to catch us on about lap 38 or 39 if they hadn't had a mishap on lap 37, that would have made for a crazy finish.

Knelly had a run on my outside coming to the checked flag, but a late push to my bumper from niop helped send me past him, i owe you one niop.

Last edited:
Knelly had a run on my outside coming to the checked flag, but a late push to my bumper from niop helped send me past him, i owe you one niop.

I wasn't tryin' to help you, I was goin' for the win. But I didn't want to go below the yellow, just had no where to go so you got a boost lol. But looking at the replay, I think you still enough momentum without the push to win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back