Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO '65

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 51 comments
Ireland
Ireland
The__Luke
Ahrweiler-TownSquare.jpg

Just a little tribute to this epic car.

After trying the stupid B-Spec Historic cup for ages, I finally got it done and this was my reward, so I took it out for a drive at Monaco.

CtedAzur.jpg

What a car!!!! It just seems to grip for ages, it's light and is brilliant when it comes to a corner.

CtedAzur_1.jpg

It's so easy to drive fast and you can just put it where you want all the time, I was inches away from the wall in that picture but at no point did I think I would hit the wall.

CtedAzur_2.jpg

Look at it, it's just so grippy and putting it on the kurbs was so much fun. Even though you're only hitting about 100MPH on the straight, it doesn't feel like it, it feels like 150 or 200, not like a Lotus Elise for example, which feels slow on the straight.

For some more driving pleasure I took it to Autumn Ring, my favourite track in the game.
AutumnRing.jpg

OHHH MYYYY GOOOODDDDDDD!!!!! It's even more fun then Monaco! Wow.

AutumnRing_2.jpg

If your car isn't making smoke, you're not driving it properly. Listen to those tyres squeel, LISTEN!

AutumnRing_3.jpg

My driver is so happy, he's turned on the headlights.

AutumnRing_4.jpg

That was fun, unfortunetly when I tried that on the next lap it didn't end well.

AutumnRing_5.jpg

I was devastated to see this car on it's roof.

Anyways, while it may not actually have any purpose in this game, as it doesn't really fit in to any of the other events, I recommend you to buy it, just for driving fun, the cockpit view should be enough to warent buying it by itself.

Just to give you another reason, I'll sign off with this.
Ahrweiler-TownSquare_1.jpg

AutumnRing_5.jpg

I was devastated to see this car on it's roof.​

In seriousness, the Giulia is absolutely unbelievable. It is simply the best car to drive in the whole game. I have a review for it myself right here. Looks great, perfect grip, just a tiny bit-byte more power and it would be the perfect all rounder. It's just some amazing craftwork.

Don't have to persuade me, I've got 3 :D, one won, one traded (when that was still possible) and one bought recently.
One's the original colour, one is yellow (Ferrari's Giallo Fly) and one is white (a slightly off-white coming from another classic Alfa).
All are stock (only changed some settings) but I'm thinking of putting some sports tyres on them instead of the racing hard tyres they came with since those racing tyres are perhaps too grippy.
Here's a real one with tyres which obviously show profile instead of slicks, period racing pictures of the TZ2 (Mille Miglia and Targa Florio road courses for example) also reveal these cars were run with profiled tyres.

2008_le_mans_classic_grid4_52_sb.jpg

In seriousness, the Giulia is absolutely unbelievable. It is simply the best car to drive in the whole game. I have a review for it myself right here. Looks great, perfect grip, just a tiny bit-byte more power and it would be the perfect all rounder. It's just some amazing craftwork.

Wow, that review is way better then mine.:( Also, you tested on the wrong track, you need a track with turns, hence why I did Monaco and Autumn Ring.:D

Don't have to persuade me, I've got 3 :D, one won, one traded (when that was still possible) and one bought recently.
One's the original colour, one is yellow (Ferrari's Giallo Fly) and one is white (a slightly off-white coming from another classic Alfa).
All are stock (only changed some settings) but I'm thinking of putting some sports tyres on them instead of the racing hard tyres they came with since those racing tyres are perhaps too grippy.
Here's a real one with tyres which obviously show profile instead of slicks, period racing pictures of the TZ2 (Mille Miglia and Targa Florio road courses for example) also reveal these cars were run with profiled tyres.

2008_le_mans_classic_grid4_52_sb.jpg

Yes, I'm thinking that Sport Soft or even medium would be much more realistic and fun.👍

Good car but the tyres it comes with have way too much grip. Comfort mediums or softs give a much better and accurate driving experience.

I'm just gonna buy this car. I know its winnable on B-Spec Historic Race but my Bobs can't drive for nothing :grumpy: It'll leave a dent in my pocket (12 mil > 2 mil), but it'll be worth it.

elitedriver123
I'm just gonna buy this car. I know its winnable on B-Spec Historic Race but my Bobs can't drive for nothing :grumpy: It'll leave a dent in my pocket (12 mil > 2 mil), but it'll be worth it.

Just take your best car to win the infamous bspec Indy races (indy 500 and "like the wind") you will get the Toyota 7 in "like the wind" and ford gt40 from indy 500. I won historic with GT40 and Toyota 7 is the superior car!

The car sounds great too, the best engine sound in the whole game.

PD should have done the same treatment on some other cars

i agree that on slicks it has too much grip, in the 60s cars were sliding all over the place
fastest way round a corner was in a 4wheel drift, there were no downforce which this car has in the game

still i apsolutely love to drive it, abs off is a must

Completely worth the pain and hardship of the B Spec historic race. :lol:

No, I just broke the GT law and put a stage 3 turbo on a Toyota 7, so, even when my dumb bob got excited and turned in to early, he still had the lead.

I didn't actually want to put a turbo on it originaly, but I decided I hated the car.:lol:

akmuq
No, I just broke the GT law and put a stage 3 turbo on a Toyota 7, so, even when my dumb bob got excited and turned in to early, he still had the lead.

I didn't actually want to put a turbo on it originaly, but I decided I hated the car.:lol:

ROFLMAO

it is a can am car after all... Plus, I did the same to my gt40 because I prefer sexy Italian beauties...

Yeah ...absolutely love this car too! & by the looks of this thread i'm in good company.

So who's going to organise a race for it then?

Great car. At first i had it painted matte black but then i decided to paint it the ferrari yellow like the op did.

Don't know where to use this car though...

Yes completly agree, this car is amazing...both looks and drive. I must get another one. I have a couple of black and whites in my gallery.
your pictures are nice, well done

Giygas
Great car. At first i had it painted matte black but then i decided to paint it the ferrari yellow like the op did.

If you paint it does it lose it's livery? Like when you paint a ford GT it's stripes get painted over.

What? I didn't paint mine.:P Still red for me, don't think I'll paint it.

If you paint it does it lose it's livery? Like when you paint a ford GT it's stripes get painted over.

The yellow part on the front wing disappears but the white racing numbers stay, although if you paint the car in a slightly off-white colour (which I did on one of mine) those numbers are barely visible anymore. :)

I didn't know you had one in real life.

You don't really need to own one to see that racing tyres in GT5 give way more grip than a car made in the 60s would have, completely neutralizing its characteristics and making it feel like going on rails.

Back