Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup Title - Series Champion: RFLX_Niop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents, first of all, I thoroughly enjoyed last nights race. There was some serious two wide two car pushing, lap after lap. And with only one final league position to be decided, it was even more cool when Drop and myself were being pushed by two of the other three .... nose to nose for leading a lap ..... excellent stuff guys.

Wasn't really on mic because I had company, a GT enthusiast but never had time for online racing, or NASCAR ..... he has now been converted after watching the race last night, and how intense it can be with excellent drivers.

Have saved reply and will watch it, definately the 'incident' on Lap 73 (I think it was). However, before watching it I take full responsibility for it. From recollection myself and Drop were fighting it out for the win with the other three just sitting behind and watching (fun 👍). Nose to nose coming into the turn and Drop seemed to run the middle (whether you washed up or not I don't know - I don't think so), but it left me squeezed in between him and the wall ...... the wall won and as I tried to come off it I tapped Drops quarterpanel and that was it. My bad Drop!

That being said mate, respect how we finished the race and wouldn't have minded in the end who won it.

Loved the pushing by ACDC around the high line .... scarily good.

Homeslice, you can push me back into contention anytime mate. Not sure what happened to you around the pits, I came out way after Drop due to missing pit lane, but hooking up with you and chasing them down that quick was awesome. Although I appreciate they were racing and not working to keep the gap. Thanks mate. 👍

Anyway, over the moon finishing second in the Series, and that is thanks to the Ovals. Need to improve massivly on the Road courses. Looking forward to seeing the final standings.

Shame that Joe couldn't get in, sorry mate.

Once again great work Drop on a great Series.

Oh, and congratulations to Niop (although was thinking at one point he wasn't going to show :nervous:). Big target on your back now mate :scared:

Wasn't really on mic because I had company, a GT enthusiast but never had time for online racing, or NASCAR ..... he has now been converted after watching the race last night, and how intense it can be with excellent drivers.

I like to hear things like that, disappointed I didn't make the race last night as I was tired and had to get off the PS3 anyway. I really enjoyed the series, especially the road courses.👍

I like to hear things like that, disappointed I didn't make the race last night as I was tired and had to get off the PS3 anyway. I really enjoyed the series, especially the road courses.👍

He watched the BTCC races as well so he got a good spectrum let's say 👍

Homeslice, you can push me back into contention anytime mate. Not sure what happened to you around the pits, I came out way after Drop due to missing pit lane, but hooking up with you and chasing them down that quick was awesome. Although I appreciate they were racing and not working to keep the gap. Thanks mate. 👍

I screwed up going into the pits. Was going 180mph sideways into pit lane, then got held there for about 2 laps before the game let me go. Helping push you back to the pack made my race.

This was my first league in gt5. I had a good time and hope to do another.

Daytona Results:

1. ACDCROCKS123 (pole position, 15 laps led) - 20 points, +2 bonus points
2. RFLX_Niop (11 laps led) - 18 points, +1 bonus point
3. Knelly (24 laps led) - 16 points, +2 bonus points
4. Droptop2001gt (15 laps led) - 14 points, +1 bonus point
5. homeslice47 (10 laps led) - 12 points, +1 bonus point
6. The_Boyce - 11 points
7. JoeOfTheFire - 10 points

Final Point Standings:

VjrHr.png

1st place: Receive any 5 items** from my trading thread (RFLX_Niop)
2nd place: Receive any 3 items from my trading thread (Knelly)
3rd place: Receive any 1 item from my trading thread (homeslice47)

**1 item is defined as any ONE of the following:
1 ticket
1 car
5 paint chips
1 set of 30 helmets
1 set of 30 racing suits

Congrats guys, just post up what you want. My trading thread is linked in my signature. 👍

Last edited:
For Season 2, I'm thinking 12 races, 7 regular season races + 5 Chase races (see below) to determine the individual champion.
I'm also wanting to add a manufacturer's title between Chevy, Ford, and Toyota, plus a Team Championship, pitting 3-car teams (Hendrick, Gibbs, Ford Racing, Red Bull, etc) against one another for a Team Championship.

Thoughts?

Tentative schedule:

01 - Daytona 500 @ Daytona Superspeedway - (200 laps)
02 - Indianapolis Superspeedway - (60 laps)
03 - Monza - No Chicanes - (30 laps)
04 - Daytona Superspeedway - (50 Laps)
05 - Circuit de la Sarthe (no chicanes) - (10 laps)
06 - Indianapolis Superspeedway - (40 Laps)
07 - Suzuka East - (35 laps)

-------BEGIN CHASE FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP-------

08 - Daytona 250 @ Daytona Superspeedway - (100 laps)
09 - Indianapolis Superspeedway - (75 Laps)
10 - High Speed Ring - (45 Laps)
11 - Daytona Superspeedway - (75 laps)
12 - Brickyard 500 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway - (200 Laps)

Last edited:
Hey guys, I do not know if you remember me but I used to race in the FND and the series chadwicksracing was doing until I took a hiatus from the game for awhile, well I am back and have a g27 on the way that should be here soon and am looking to get back into online racing. If there are spots open I would love to race with you all in season 2. Thanks!

Hey guys, I do not know if you remember me but I used to race in the FND and the series chadwicksracing was doing until I took a hiatus from the game for awhile, well I am back and have a g27 on the way that should be here soon and am looking to get back into online racing. If there are spots open I would love to race with you all in season 2. Thanks!

Absolutely remember you, and would be glad to have you join us. Check out the edit to the post above yours for the tentative season 2 schedule. 👍

Also, check out the Daytona 500 we are running this Saturday if you want a warm up race. :)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=217729

Daytona Results:

1. ACDCROCKS123 (pole position, 15 laps led) - 20 points, +2 bonus points
2. RFLX_Niop (11 laps led) - 18 points, +1 bonus point
3. Knelly (24 laps led) - 16 points, +2 bonus points
4. Droptop2001gt (15 laps led) - 14 points, +1 bonus point
5. homeslice47 (10 laps led) - 12 points, +1 bonus point
6. The_Boyce - 11 points
7. JoeOfTheFire - 10 points

Final Point Standings:

1. RFLX_Niop - 400
2. Knelly - 379
3. Droptop2001gt - 375
4. homeslice47 - 369
5. JoeOfTheFire - 356
6. GTP_Akmuq - 347
7. The_Boyce - 314
8. DiegoC1980 - 300
----------------------------------
9. ACDCROCKS123 - 55
10. Crazy_Bassist_83 - 54

1st place: Receive any 5 items** from my trading thread (RFLX_Niop)
2nd place: Receive any 3 items from my trading thread (Knelly)
3rd place: Receive any 1 item from my trading thread (homeslice47)

**1 item is defined as any ONE of the following:
1 ticket
1 car
5 paint chips
1 set of 30 helmets
1 set of 30 racing suits

Congrats guys, just post up what you want. My trading thread is linked in my signature. 👍

Lol, if Niop didn't turn up and results stayed the same, we would have finished joint 1st. But he did, and we didn't so ... whatever. Congrats Niop, and on reaching 400 points. There's the target set.

As for my second place finish, the car was awesome and I couldn't have done without all the guys in the background working all year round to give me a competitive car to drive. I also need to thank M&M's, Snickers, Gatorade, Durex, Ann Summers and Playboy for their continued support :dopey:

Drop, in respect of Cars, £1m is the limit right?

For Season 2, I'm thinking 12 races, 7 regular season races + 5 Chase races (see below) to determine the individual champion.
I'm also wanting to add a manufacturer's title between Chevy, Ford, and Toyota, plus a Team Championship, pitting 3-car teams (Hendrick, Gibbs, Ford Racing, Red Bull, etc) against one another for a Team Championship.

Thoughts?

Tentative schedule:

01 - Daytona 500 @ Daytona Superspeedway - (200 laps)
02 - Indianapolis Superspeedway - (60 laps)
03 - Monza - No Chicanes - (30 laps)
04 - Daytona Superspeedway - (50 Laps)
05 - Circuit de la Sarthe (no chicanes) - (10 laps)
06 - Indianapolis Superspeedway - (40 Laps)
07 - Suzuka East - (35 laps)

-------BEGIN CHASE FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP-------

08 - Daytona 250 @ Daytona Superspeedway - (100 laps)
09 - Indianapolis Superspeedway - (75 Laps)
10 - High Speed Ring - (45 Laps)
11 - Daytona Superspeedway - (75 laps)
12 - Brickyard 500 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway - (200 Laps)

Love it. 👍 👍 👍

Are we all choosing one car and sticking with it then? For Constructors points sake 💡 If so, #18 :sly:

And here come more ex-FND racers. That's at least 5 now I think. Welcome 👍

Can't wait for season 2 guys, however I don't think my setups are as good as they were at the beginning of last season so work needs to be done here.

I like the regular season schedule, but I think we should have 2 of the 5 chase races be road courses. Or maybe have 6 chase races and cut one out of the regular season. I was thinking 30 laps at Grand Valley, NASCAR is quite fun there.

Niop
I like the regular season schedule, but I think we should have 2 of the 5 chase races be road courses. Or maybe have 6 chase races and cut one out of the regular season. I was thinking 30 laps at Grand Valley, NASCAR is quite fun there.

That's exactly why I loved it, no road courses in there. Gives me a fighting chance ;). Plus, there are no road events in real chase I believe!!!

I like the overall 8-to-4 ratio of ovals to road courses. I wanted to make the Chase more competitive for everyone, which meant more oval events in the Chase. The regular season is 4-to-3 ovals to road courses, which is a pretty high ratio.This does mean that 9 of the available 21 Chase bonus points will come from road courses, which I think will offset the start of the Chase fairly in favor of our road course aces.

OK, Staying in sync with why I won the tickets (thank you 👍 ), I would like to build up my NASCAR collection.

Toyota 2010 Denny Hamlin #11 FedEx TOYOTA CAMRY
Toyota 2010 Joey Logano #20 Gamestop TOYOTA CAMRY
Chevrolet 2010 Jimmie Johnson #48 Lowe's CHEVROLET IMPALA

Thanks Drop

PS, got a rough idea of S2 start date. More specfically day and time?

Saturday's continue to be good, but an hour later would be much better (just putting it out there).

I'm thinking we will take off a weekend or two after this Saturday's 500 mile race.

As for the start time, I'm open to whatever works best for the majority of our committed drivers, though we will definitely stay in Saturday evenings.

Cool with all that dude. Could do with a few weeks away from it as well, with the other series that I am in. Plus being later, means more chance of being able to attend.

Wife is 40 (as of Monday), so she needs to go to bed fairly early 👍

Presuming when you get S2 thread going, then there will be a vote etc?

As for the NASCAR's, they all cool? 👍

Niop
Dang, I was hoping you wouldn't bring that up! lol
Alright, fair enough. It all works for me.

;) I even checked the actual schedule out to make sure haaaaaaa

Drop,

After further deliberation there are no other cars etc that I have a burning desire for, so the three I would like are:

1) Denny Hamlin #11
2) Jimmie Johnson #48
3) Brian Vickers #83

Plus, where is the Season 2 thread? If you are still doing it of course :scared:

It's coming. I've been busy with work, interviewing for a big promotion. Right now, I would say we're looking at a season two start on Saturday November 5th.

Cool mate,

PS still waiting on the prizes. Any three 2011 NASCAR's other than #18 would be sweet.

Remote racing you btw.

I have none of the newer ones yet, and just spent all of my cash on online car dealership LMP race cars when I found them last night.

I can get you newer 2011 versions, it will just require you to do a lot more remote racing against all six of my guys to help me get the cash. :)

If anyone is interested my truck series is also pencilled in for a start date of november 5th funnily enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back