JG's Tune Shop - 4 endurance tunes up! [73 TUNES][OPEN]

• Thread starter GfxJG
  • 779 comments
I was in the area of 10 (rare-ish) paint chips per tune (because I'm lazy and don't have infinite time with school and all), but yeah, maybe that is too much...

I don't think people would be keen to waste 2 trade days to send paint.

Mini Cooper S '05
~310 BHP - ~420 Nm - 1200 KG - ~478 PP

LigeGravel.jpg

GT Auto
Oil Change

Tuning Shop
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Supercharger
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Medium Tires
Dirt Tires
Snow Tires

-------------------

Ballast
Ballast Amount: 20 KG
Ballast Position: -50

Aerodynamics
N/A

Power Limiter
96.6%

Transmission
1st Gear: 3.713
2nd Gear: 2.707
3rd Gear: 2.072
4th Gear: 1.652
5th Gear: 1.369
6th Gear: 1.154

Final Gear: 2.871
Max Speed: 270 KPH

LSD
Initial Torque: 16/0
Acceleration Sensitivity: 25/0
Braking Sensitivity: 12/0

Suspension
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 4.4/6.6
Dampers (Extension): 4/5
Dampers (Compression): 3/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/3

Camber Angle: 1.7/1.5
Toe Angle: -0.20/-0.35

Brakes
Brake Balance: 7/5

Driving Aids
Tuned with everything off except ABS at 1.

-------------------

Tuners Comments
Now we're talking. This, ladies and gents, is what a Mini should be. Not a civilized, underpowered, small town-car. This is what it should be. A 310 HP, 1200 KG, tire-smoking, nimble beast of the british country roads. Eminem could be seen driving this, he would still be cool, if not cooler. That's how cool this is. It sounds horrible, but if it existed IRL, that could easily be fixed. So, ladies and gents, take it for a spin, on tarmac, snow, dirt, hell, you could probably drive this thing on chocolate sauce if you wanted. This, is the physical definiton of all-terrain-vehicle. And, it does all 3 things as well as a dedicated machine. Also, just to mention... 7'55 on the 'Ring. On Sports Medium tires. Judge for yourself.

Last edited:
How on earth do people gain popularity on their tune shops? 'Cus this is failing :P
They do it using a method called 'spam releases' :lol: This is done by either:
1. day to day releases
2. releasing over 10-15 tunes in one hit. Basically triple posting x 5 :lol:

and the tunes have to be good :D (duh)

There's a couple of things that would help you, in my opinion. First, don't bump your thread for the sake of a bump. Say something, ask for an opinion, announce what tune you're working on, etc. When I check the forum, and see that this thread has a new post, I open it. When the only new post is a bump, I've got nothing to respond with. But if you asked if people would be interested in seeing a max tuned setup for an Enzo on Comfort tires, you'll get some responses. See what I mean?

I actually think spamming tunes can be a bad thing, as it's better to have 50 very nice tunes and put out 1 a week than have 200 rushed average tunes and put out 5 a day.

Another good way to get traffic is to tune some cars that not many people tune. If someone looks on Adrenaline's tune list for a Scuderia tune, they'll see about a dozen tunes, and most likely go with a tuner they know. If someone looks up a Kompressor tune, you're the only one, so people will try it. If it's good, they'll try some of your other tunes. If those are good, you just got more popular :)

Last edited:
There's a couple of things that would help you, in my opinion. First, don't bump your thread for the sake of a bump. Say something, ask for an opinion, announce what tune you're working on, etc. When I check the forum, and see that this thread has a new post, I open it. When the only new post is a bump, I've got nothing to respond with. But if you asked if people would be interested in seeing a max tuned setup for an Enzo on Comfort tires, you'll get some responses. See what I mean?

I actually think spamming tunes can be a bad thing, as it's better to have 10 very nice tunes and put out 1 a week than have 200 rushed average tunes and put out 5 a day.
:lol: JG is god at bumping threads for no reason. He did it from day one in his old garage!

That's what I said! :lol: 10-15 good tunes, once a week, should get you somewhere. till you run out.

Yep, the key is to keep it on page one without it looking like you're bumping. I try to do my part as a tune user by reviewing, as I figure my glowing review of his Kompressor may help him get more people using his tunes. I kinda stopped reviewing the RKM boys because, lets face it, they get so much traffic they probably don't even see them :)

Yep, the key is to keep it on page one without it looking like you're bumping. I try to do my part as a tune user by reviewing, as I figure my glowing review of his Kompressor may help him get more people using his tunes. I kinda stopped reviewing the RKM boys because, lets face it, they get so much traffic they probably don't even see them :)
Well, Roj has started to ignore me, RJ only answers to reviews if he sees one and likes what he reads, and I'm considering moving to either MFT or here as a 'main review shop'. Anyways, about time I made a request. You said you want me to review a bone-stock TVR Speed 12. Well, I will. If you tune it. On the stock tyres :mischievous:

Well, Roj has started to ignore me, RJ only answers to reviews if he sees one and likes what he reads, and I'm considering moving to either MFT or here as a 'main review shop'. Anyways, about time I made a request. You said you want me to review a bone-stock TVR Speed 12. Well, I will. If you tune it. On the stock tyres :mischievous:
Oh now my feelings are hurt...Onboy doesn't even consider making Harvey Wallbanger's his "main review shop".:boggled: Even after being named an honorary Outlaw.:irked: Oh well guess that means we won't be overrun with OT spam!:lol:

Oh now my feelings are hurt...Onboy doesn't even consider making Harvey Wallbanger's his "main review shop".:boggled: Even after being named an honorary Outlaw.:irked: Oh well guess that means we won't be overrun with OT spam!:lol:
That last sentence was exactly why I have to pick the shop carefully. They have to be slightly tolerant to O/T. :lol:

That last sentence was exactly why I have to pick the shop carefully. They have to be slightly tolerant to O/T. :lol:
Uhm guess you forgot that Harvey Wallbanger's is a Café...:D
Anyways still awaiting info about how you want to handle that gold rotary I've been trying to polish for you.:sly:

Uhm guess you forgot that Harvey Wallbanger's is a Café...:D
Anyways still awaiting info about how you want to handle that gold rotary I've been trying to polish for you.:sly:
Really? Oh…?I thought I gave you the all clear to go with it? Ah well, I'll try to get you a better impression of the car tomorrow.

Really? Oh…?I thought I gave you the all clear to go with it? Ah well, I'll try to get you a better impression of the car tomorrow.
Do you have a '67 or just the '68 I sent you? If you have a '67 I'll just PM you updated settings if you don't I'll see about sending you one. Tune will be the same for all 4 except the '68s will have different transmission setings.

Do you have a '67 or just the '68 I sent you? If you have a '67 I'll just PM you updated settings if you don't I'll see about sending you one. Tune will be the same for all 4 except the '68s will have different transmission setings.
Just that golden rotary bullet of a thing you sent me. I came across a '67 today. I think. I'll see if it's the one I'm after.

Guys. Do you think it would help if I made an image list of cars instead of text list? I know it's purely psycological, but it makes it seem like there are more...

Guys. Do you think it would help if I made an image list of cars instead of text list? I know it's purely psycological, but it makes it seem like there are more...
If you want. It's your shop, you do what you wish. I think the layout is fine, personally. I just think you should worry about the layout later and make more tunes!

If you want. It's your shop, you do what you wish. I think the layout is fine, personally. I just think you should worry about the layout later and make more tunes!

I know that lol. And I'mm too lazy to write them up and take pictures, let alone make images for them lol.

Join up with a smaller tune shop, like TPT did.
Might be room for a European Outlaw if you were interested in joining up.
We have a staff photographer for when we're having issues getting pictures for tunes, and you can usually get some acknowledgement that you've published a tune at least. Also its more or less a collective so you can maintain your independent garage here as well if you want.:D

Meh. BTW, I tried tuning the Speed 12. I can live without my review.
On sport hard tyres? And I thought you only requested it to make me crap myself?
Might be room for a European Outlaw if you were interested in joining up.
We have a staff photographer for when we're having issues getting pictures for tunes, and you can usually get some acknowledgement that you've published a tune at least. Also its more or less a collective so you can maintain your independent garage here as well if you want.:D
:lol: take him up on that offer, you could hand the car over to CSLACR for a proper balls-out shakedown. Either that, or try joining CKR. :lol:

Back