ZedTunes' Autumn/Fall Rally Shootout 2011

• Thread starter C-ZETA
  • 544 comments
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Spec C RA '05(On Share)
ToscanaTarmac-1.jpg

300BHP~1270kg~487PP
All surface Rally setup.

Parts
Weight Reduction Stage I
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
GT Wing and Aero Parts
Engine Tuning Stage I
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Dirt, Snow & Sports Medium Tires

Setup
Aerodynamics
Rear__20

Weight Adjustment
Ballast Amount__7kg
Ballast Position__50

Power Limiter
Power Level__98.8%

Transmission
1st--3.420
2nd--2.560
3rd--1.968
4th--1.581
5th--1.303
6th--1.106
FD--4.168
MS--162mph

LSD
16___Initial Torque__22
34____Accel Sens___49
12___Braking Sens___14

Front/Rear Torque Distribution
Front__47
Rear___53

Suspension
20_____23
5.0____3.6
4_______4
3_______5
3_______5

Wheel Alignment
1.4____0.7
0.10__0.20

Brakes
5/9

Thanks Dee, I've been working off of a spreadsheet that uses a similar principle. I've also used a few other techniques contained within these pages, but mostly they're better suited to high powered cars that run on tarmac. I need to know how to initially set up my FD and TS to maximise my ratios for acceleration, bearing in mind the surfaces and low power.

Top speed to minimum, adjust final and other gears as you see fit. Result is in effect the closest ratio gearbox you can get... And you don't lose the gear-to-gear "closeness" by stretching it all out via final drive changes.

Top speed to minimum, adjust final and other gears as you see fit. Result is in effect the closest ratio gearbox you can get... And you don't lose the gear-to-gear "closeness" by stretching it all out via final drive changes.

Ta muchly. I'll give that a crack when I next fire the Beast up 👍

{Cy}

That's the way I kind of do it. It seens you get the best accel out of the car that way

That's the way I kind of do it. It seens you get the best accel out of the car that way

I wanna say you seemed to miss one part of it though...I mean, your gear ratios seem maybe a bit too short. Mind you, the redline on the Evo V is in a very odd position compared to where you actually hit the limiter.

I wanna say you seemed to miss one part of it though...I mean, your gear ratios seem maybe a bit too short. Mind you, the redline on the Evo V is in a very odd position compared to where you actually hit the limiter.

With this tune it was set like that on purpose, as I felt most time would be spent slow around corners and wanted to have really good acceleration in sacrifice of top speed. I don't know if its going to work that way, but I wanted to try it. Probably messed up :(

Sooooo.....I'll be gone for awhile just making sure this shootout is progressing. Going well still I hope?

I might be able to polish mine up and release it tonight.

And I don't have one of these sissy 4wd or FF cars to drive, no sir. :scared: I have a car much more suited for the Stig himself. :cool:

hey C-ZETA, could you re-post your driving schedule? like what tracks you run and the amount of laps... I'm planning to start all over again on the Saturday afternoon so I can make a more complete review of the cars.

Okay due to psn being down I'm in need of a GT fix so do any of you test drivers have some updates for us anxious tuners?
Just because I'm not wild about the car I got stuck tuning doesn't mean I'm not interested in seeing how the Bubblegum Bandit is faring in others capable hands!:sly:

PSN still down in the US Dee..?? Came back up late last night in the EU.

Anyway, I'm going to try to get my car posted tonight, so testers can have the weekend with it and deadline is approaching fast. Think I'm going to have to lump it with my drivetrain, can't find anything that I'm entirely happy with :guilty: Who'd have thought the variation in surfaces was going to prove so problematic..

{Cy}

PSN still down in the US Dee..?? Came back up late last night in the EU.

Anyway, I'm going to try to get my car posted tonight, so testers can have the weekend with it and deadline is approaching fast. Think I'm going to have to lump it with my drivetrain, can't find anything that I'm entirely happy with :guilty: Who'd have thought the variation in surfaces was going to prove so problematic..

{Cy}
Came back up just in time for PD to take their servers down for maintenance and the update.:yuck: Yesterday was a waste for me on GT.:grumpy:

Very nice looking car and tune. I'll have to check it out when I have more time.:D

Ta, had to trade for the paint chip. Very happy to get one in time. I have it on share (sorry forgot to mention that), please do give it a blast. Try it on gravel and snow first, but if you do have the time, throw it around the Nordschleife. Highly entertaining. Your sphincter might pinch the cloth off the seats, but it'll hold 120mph through Schwedenkreuz* :mischievous:

If anybody needs to get to grips with driving on loose surfaces, or needs to learn a track before busting out the hell-fire and damnation WRC motor, this is the car. Nimble, for its weight and fast despite the lack of beans...

{Cy}

* - Offline. Online it should pull 115mph through the same corner, with just the faintest touch on the brakes before the crest...

just a quick question would you like the times with a small review or just the times?
Review please. Since the cars aren't going head to head on time for this shootout the times are more or less irrelevant.

Lancia Stratos '73
lancia-stratos-8069.jpg

Tuned @ Eiger W , Chamonix, Toscana, & Nurburgring.
7:43.503 @ the Ring on SM tires at fast cruising pace.
1:08.6xx at Eiger W at fast cruising pace.

240HP - 960KG - 545PP - Snow, Dirt, Sport Medium Tires

Parts List
Oil Change / Wing
Weight Stage 1
Window Weight Reduction
Chassis Reinforcement
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports catalytic Converter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Custom Transmission