ZedTunes' Autumn/Fall Rally Shootout 2011

• Thread starter C-ZETA
  • 544 comments
Right, so my selection of ABS: 0 means my car gets run with ABS: 0 on all surfaces with no impact on anyone else's car, correct?

No, as in you use the exact same driving options for all the cars. So if I use ABS 0 on your car, then I have to use ABS 0 with everyone else's which will affect the tarmac grip they get. Gravel and snow, not so much obviously, but every part counts.

No, as in you use the exact same driving options for all the cars. So if I use ABS 0 on your car, then I have to use ABS 0 with everyone else's which will affect the tarmac grip they get. Gravel and snow, not so much obviously, but every part counts.

*facepalm*

So I need to change the brake settings I've given. 3/2 is awesome for ABS: 0 but ABS: 1 would let me run a hell of a lot more rearward bias and shorten stopping distances quite a lot.

I don't get whatsoever why you've magic'd this rule in place when there was nothing clear or concrete about it previously.

I don't get whatsoever why you've magic'd this rule in place when there was nothing clear or concrete about it previously.

And another note - testers need to use the same driving options for all cars on all terrain types. While I know that turning ABS off is actually faster offroad, it won't really help onroad. All other aids are probably best kept off, since they slow you down considerably on dirt (less snow, but they do still make a difference).

Not on the first post, but I did say before.

I don't know if anyone's started testing it yet, but if no one has said they've started you can change it. It won't make a difference yet.

Honestly, I'm going to just let the car run. Quit caring much after I got the car. Started caring even less after I threw the tune at it.

And now, I've completely stopped caring any. It'll probably get 2nd to last, just ahead of Roj's. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I'm going to just let the car run. Quit caring much after I got the car. Started caring even less after I threw the tune at it.

And now, I've completely stopped caring any. It'll probably get 2nd to last, just ahead of Roj's. :rolleyes:

Yay! Now start caring about how you're going to get me around TM in 1:30.500 in that C5. Yep, that's the heart of the review, a time attack. :D

Nah, it gets a spot in the middle for purely being a A110 :D

Yay! Now start caring about how you're going to get me around TM in 1:30.500 in that C5. Yep, that's the heart of the review, a time attack. :D

I'm not.

I can do 1:30.1 on a lap with a few mistakes provided I'm having a good day...

But it's not a car that's blazing fast for the PP it runs at. Quick enough, yes. Blazing fast, no.

Nah, it gets a spot in the middle for purely being a A110 :D

What's going to happen now is everyone is going to have ABS on at all times with it, which will hamper the dirt/snow performance a good bit and make it less fun on tarmac as well.

So yeah. It's also not terribly grippy nor terribly fast in a straight line. Roj's will be worse in both of those regards so I get the feeling we're screwed.

How did both Roj and RJ end up with Alpine A110s..?? Did they have a collective "Garage" ticket, or a bucket of monumental bad luck..??

{Cy}

I'm not.

I can do 1:30.1 on a lap with a few mistakes provided I'm having a good day...

But it's not a car that's blazing fast for the PP it runs at. Quick enough, yes. Blazing fast, no.

What's going to happen now is everyone is going to have ABS on at all times with it, which will hamper the dirt/snow performance a good bit and make it less fun on tarmac as well.

So yeah. It's also not terribly grippy nor terribly fast in a straight line. Roj's will be worse in both of those regards so I get the feeling we're screwed.

Awww…why? And when do you ever have a good day? And if so, I'm not too sure what the hell it's for then. It's not even remotely nice to drive, handles like how I'd imagine a 599 GTO would without aids in the rain, it isn't that fast and to be honest, I doubt it's any better than its stock counterpart…

Well, who told C-ZETA not to add it into the rules section of the OP and for you not to have followed the thread more closely :D

How did both Roj and RJ end up with Alpine A110s..?? Did they have a collective "Garage" ticket, or a bucket of monumental bad luck..??

Something in the style of one of those magic 'life change' American films probably happened. :crazy:

{Cy}

Roj got an A110.

I got my ticket, I say "wish me luck". He goes "Bet it's an A110".

I click open... And I see A110 lights.

@Onboy: The C5 is a blast to drive, you're just doing it wrong.

At minimum it's something not-boring, somewhat competitive, and somewhat different. As for not being any better than the stock counterpart... Let's see you take it around Trial online without dying 6 times on default settings.

Roj got an A110.

@Onboy: The C5 is a blast to drive, you're just doing it wrong.

At minimum it's something not-boring, somewhat competitive, and somewhat different. As for not being any better than the stock counterpart... Let's see you take it around Trial online without dying 6 times on default settings.

:lol: Roj jinxed you!

I hated it. I'm only driving it for the sake of my Quattro.

And I can't even take a bleeding Suzuki Latte around Trial without crashing, so maybe that's why.

And you still need to answer me this, have you ever had a good day?

{Cy}
Bad luck all the way around since I would have loved trying to make an Alpine perform.:crazy:

:lol: Roj jinxed you!

He did. Very much so. I'm going to spam his inbox every day with I dunno... Something annoying.

I hated it. I'm only driving it for the sake of my Quattro.

:lol:

And I can't even take a bleeding Suzuki Latte around Trial without crashing, so maybe that's why.

That explains it then.

And you still need to answer me this, have you ever had a good day?

Yep. Moment you enter the room my driving goes to crap though.

He did. Very much so. I'm going to spam his inbox every day with I dunno... Something annoying.

:lol:

That explains it then.

Yep. Moment you enter the room my driving goes to crap though.

:lol: Just keep sending him pictures of A110s, Audi TTs and R35s. That'll irritate him :D

Yea, so when I'm done with the C5, I want to see some progress on my dad's Quattro.

I was making it up. I just don't get that track. Half the time, I'm average (at best), the rest of the time, I'm in a wall.

Deal with it. I'm going to be in a lot of your rooms in the following days :D If only to learn that I'm going to need a wheel but I don't want to fork out 3 months of pocket money for it.

Roj got an A110.

Harsh. I saw quite a few of them when I was spamming the Rally Ticket to try and get another 206 (after cocking mine up). Failed to find another 206 in 2 or 3 dozen attempts.

Bad luck all the way around since I would have loved trying to make an Alpine perform.:crazy:

I'd have fancied having a crack too, great looking car. Both guys from the same Garage getting the same car, and this car in particular, I'd have been narked too...

{Cy}

If I was jealous of CSLACR's Lancia, I'm livid I didn't get one of these. Loved this car in GT4, both versions.

Those spring rates make my eyes water..!! Keen to give this one a bash, are you hosting it Doc..??

{Cy}
Yeah, it's on share.

Why make your eyes water? So bad?

Yeah, it's on share.

Why make your eyes water? So bad?

Groovy, I'll give it a blast when I can. I don't think they're bad Sir, I've not driven the car so wouldn't criticise. I was just surprised at how stiff they are. That being said, there have been some strange numbers turning up all over the place and that's probably the appeal of these events for me. Seeing the things people do to get results...

{Cy}

Groovy, I'll give it a blast when I can. I don't think they're bad Sir, I've not driven the car so wouldn't criticise. I was just surprised at how stiff they are. That being said, there have been some strange numbers turning up all over the place and that's probably the appeal of these events for me. Seeing the things people do to get results...

{Cy}
I (almost) always use pretty stiff springs. I simply like it.
The car could be a bit difficult to drive on tarmac, at least for some of you guys. You definitely have to drive it right.ONBOY!!!!!

The car could be a bit difficult to drive on tarmac, at least for some of you guys. You definitely have to drive it right.ONBOY!!!!!

You're not the only one. I didn't even consider hard springs, I went soft straight away and tightened until they felt good enough. I've got a slot this evening, I'll try and get a few laps with your Mitsu...

{Cy}

:lol: I just saw this bit, but 'drive it right'? How? Don't chuck it into the corners? Don't kill myself? How do I 'drive it right' without a baseline? I just drive cars the way I feel. So you better be hoping for me to drive it on a day that I feel open to change, or you're stuffed cuz I can't drive tunes made by wheel users for my life.

:lol: I just saw this bit, but 'drive it right'? How? Don't chuck it into the corners? Don't kill myself? How do I 'drive it right' without a baseline? I just drive cars the way I feel. So you better be hoping for me to drive it on a day that I feel open to change, or you're stuffed cuz I can't drive tunes made by real tuners for my life.
There fixed!:D:lol:

Onboy controller has 2 settings...full throttle and full stop anything else is lost.:D:cheers:

Onboy controller has 2 settings...full throttle and full stop anything else is lost.:D:cheers:

Hahahahahaha yea, funny -.- If I can drive a LFA that wants to kill me without it doing so while still lapping a track in a quick time, I think I have enough finesse to drive a pink Evo or a F&F fanboi's dream car.

rc_hobbies.jpg

Like this? :lol:

Back