GT4 European Cup Season 2 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 521 comments
Looking forward to Madrid guys. Any idea of lap time to be looking at yet? Hope to run a few laps soon to get a feel for the place, so I'll post any times I have here. :)

Looking forward to Madrid guys. Any idea of lap time to be looking at yet? Hope to run a few laps soon to get a feel for the place, so I'll post any times I have here. :)
I believe the pole time last season was right at or below 1:27 flat.

I know I was able to run below a 1:27.5 with my Z4 last season but I didn't have ballast then. Ran a few laps today and couldn't get lower than a 1:27.7 and I'm certain all my lost time is in Sector 1.

Thanks outlaw.

Managed to get some laps in tonight and after constantly messing with the car, got down to a best lap of 1'26.916 with my correct ballast. Glad I ran some laps as this is a tricky track to get right, however I may try and run a few laps in practice mode to see where the best lines might be using my ghost as reference.

Race Information - Race 5: MADRID

Laps will be set to 29.​
  • 30 minute practice followed by 15 minute qualifying, starting at 17:00 BST (GMT+1). Read the Qualifying section of the OP for further information.
  • Everywhere is track. However, please avoid hitting the barriers. That applies to Qualifying and in the Race. Remember continuous use of making contact with the barriers is not allowed, regardless of whether you gained time from doing so. If you are caught, an appropriate penalty will be given out.
  • Remember if you make contact with a barrier on hot lap during Qualifying, you must abandon the lap and make sure it does not end up being your fastest lap.
Formation lap: Maintain a pace of EXACTLY 50 mph/80 kmh. Do not weave in order to try and warm up your tyres. This will only cause damage. We will perform a rolling start in the positions the game places us on the grid!

Pits: The Pits will open on lap number 13 (as in the top left corner of your screen) and close on lap 19 (as in the top left corner of your screen). Therefore you may pit on laps 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18. Failing to do so will result in a 5 second penalty.

Pits continued: This track is very tight. When entering the pits, please move over to the left clearly making sure anyone behind you knows you are pitting. When exiting the pits, please stay left as you will be coming onto the racing line for turn 1. You should not cross the solid yellow line either entering or exiting the pits (as in the OLR rules). I'm only really being picky about this here at Madrid because it is such a tight track and contact between drivers will be inevitable. We can at least combat this by behaving when entering and exiting the pits. :D Please try out the pit lane during practice! You should slow down enough for the pit lane so that you do not make contact with any of the walls and so that the computer can take control of your car easily. Here are a few pictures to illustrate all of this (click for big):

That's all. Have fun everyone and keep it clean. 👍

Room will be opened just before 16:30.

Because it's one of few european tracks in GT5. :)

I think Madrid is awesome, the best new track added to GT5 imo. The last chicane is immense - I'm on about the braking zone, apex and exit. :D

I should be able to make it, I've just cleaned the carpets in my flat and now waiting the garden, enjoying the sun while it drys.....

I'll be there too. A bit tired and don't play GT5 for a weak so go easy gents. Don't outpace me by too much please. ;)

My wheel is still broken and it won't be fixed soon I can tell you. Less free time and I don't have what it takes to be fast and clean by GT4 European Cup standards with the controller. So I'm retiring from this championship.

Sorry Adam, I know the attendance is not 'great' at the moment. Wish you best of luck to make this season as great (or better) than the first one.👍

My wheel is still broken and it won't be fixed soon I can tell you. Less free time and I don't have what it takes to be fast and clean by GT4 European Cup standards with the controller. So I'm retiring from this championship.

Sorry Adam, I know the attendance is not 'great' at the moment.

No problem wge. Catch you in wrs or where ever you end up racing. :P

Wish you best of luck to make this season as great (or better) than the first one.👍

Aha that's already failed my friend. :)

Official Race Results: MADRID

GTP_Welsh-Bain --.---
GTP_Aderrrm +04.762
NEPALII +09.436
outlaw4rc +14.272
BiffyClyro93 +38.565
Jay_1086 (-1)
MULE_9242 DNF

DRIVER STANDINGS

DRIVER BALLAST
FASTEST LAPS

Got my first fastest lap of the season, beating Nepalii to it by less than 2 hundredths of a second. :)

Hopefully we can continue last season's trend and end up with a different fastest lap setter for each race. :D

I'm the king of 4th place! :lol:

I'll need to test the other cars in this series to see what car suits me the best.

Is it mathematically possible for Adam to be beaten in the title chase? Looks to me like a tie in points might be possible, but not sure what would happen then? :crazy:

Meh I guess you're right Nige, never noticed that. :ill: When there's a tie, I go to highest finishing position. We've both won races, but I've won 1 more which would mean I would win. For you to tie, I would have to come 4th and you would have to start on pole and win the race. Don't worry I'll still give you the 1st position prize. :P

But yeah me and Outlaw have yet to drop our lowest scoring rounds. I already have done for this everyone else because everyone else has missed at least 1 race - and you can't get a lower scoring round than totally missing a race.

Assuming outlaw doesn't finish lower than 7th on Saturday, outlaw would be on 63 points right now. So the fight for 2nd and 3rd position is still very much on! :D

Assuming outlaw doesn't finish lower than 7th on Saturday, outlaw would be on 63 points right now. So the fight for 2nd and 3rd position is still very much on! :D
4th Place is mine, all mine, muhahahahaha! :lol:

On a side note, I did some testing with the other cars in the series last night. Guess where my Z4 is going after this race?

mobilecrush.jpg

The standings shown already have the dropped race? Oh then looks like I need to step up my game if I want that 2nd place. Its going to be intense this Saturday, cant wait!!

Edit: Btw, Im still in tears after reading the Spec 2.0 details. I could just hug all the guys at PD. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! :)

Meh I guess you're right Nige, never noticed that. :ill: When there's a tie, I go to highest finishing position. We've both won races, but I've won 1 more which would mean I would win. For you to tie, I would have to come 4th and you would have to start on pole and win the race. Don't worry I'll still give you the 1st position prize. :P

But yeah me and Outlaw have yet to drop our lowest scoring rounds. I already have done for this everyone else because everyone else has missed at least 1 race - and you can't get a lower scoring round than totally missing a race.

Not strictly true ;). I believe if I were to take pole followed by the race win, that would then give us both 2 wins. If you were to finish no higher than 3rd, then your total points would remain as they are now and I would tie with you. If it went on a countback of race positions we would have 2 wins each, but I have 2 2nd place finishes to your 1. :D

Not that much of this is likely, but curious to know if we were purely racing for 2nd/3rd/4th etc. If I'm honest, I see myself in a battle for 2nd and I think Nepal will be tough to beat at Nurb GP/F :)

Not strictly true ;). I believe if I were to take pole followed by the race win, that would then give us both 2 wins. If you were to finish no higher than 3rd, then your total points would remain as they are now and I would tie with you. If it went on a countback of race positions we would have 2 wins each, but I have 2 2nd place finishes to your 1. :D

Not that much of this is likely, but curious to know if we were purely racing for 2nd/3rd/4th etc. If I'm honest, I see myself in a battle for 2nd and I think Nepal will be tough to beat at Nurb GP/F :)

Done some practice, and its tough to carry 121KG of ballast around this track. Im not very confident, to be honest, for this race, but who knows.

Any lap times to report NEPALll? ;)
He was in my lounge recently and was running around 2:07 flat with a best of a 2:06.7 while my junk car had trouble breaking 2:08s.

On a side note, I actually tested all the other GT4 cars on this track and all of them were faster than my Z4 save for the Z. I'm interested to see whether the upcoming update will affect the balance of the cars in any way.

I can't guarantee I'll make the race tomorrow. My sleep patterns are all messed up from working nights, so there's the chance I'll sleep right through the race. I'll try not to, though.

Im most likely to manage 2.07 flat, 2.06 is really at my limits. I feel this is a slow lap time, the car is tough to carry on this track. Im just hoping I can finish on the podium.

Edit: F1 qualy is at 1AM here and Im watching it, so Im not sure if I can wake up on time for the race. Most likely I will miss it.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure 2'07 flat is very quick! My thoughts were that this would be a similar outcome to Grand Valley ;). My best lap is 2'07.999 and a perfect lap may get me to a 2'07.6xx, but very unlikely to run anything like this tomorrow. 2'08's for me, so looking forward to a good battle outlaw! :)

I'm pretty sure 2'07 flat is very quick! My thoughts were that this would be a similar outcome to Grand Valley ;). My best lap is 2'07.999 and a perfect lap may get me to a 2'07.6xx, but very unlikely to run anything like this tomorrow. 2'08's for me, so looking forward to a good battle outlaw! :)
If that's where you're running, then we'll be seeing a lot of each other. :lol:

On a side note, I was testing the Camaro without ballast and I ran a 2:06.3 so I know it's the best car to have at this track. It eats up the first section for lunch!

Back