GT4 European Cup Season 2 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 521 comments
Yep well I know some people will probably run like that a few times in a race, whilst others will hit the apex like that every time. Because it's such a tight chicane, you can gain a lot by taking so much rumble so that's why I'm calling it dirty. As long as everyone looks like they're trying to take the chicane properly then there will be no problems. 👍 After all, you wouldn't be able to take it like that IRL. :)

What do you mean MULE, look how dirty it is! youve basicaly cut the whole chincane lol

But curbing = track!

Me too.
But I love it.
OLR is too permessive with track bundaries and in this case Adam's rules are so much acurate to what we se in real life.

Great stuff Adam. Keep the good work. 👍

But this is pretty much right.

Sooo...
The times you guys were running were in acordance to this Chicane rules??
If so I may feel a bit optimistic for this race.
Only started practicing for it now and this is the kind of track the Evora was made for. I'm hoping to have my best performance so far. As long everything goes acording to plan. :scared:

I can see my C6 making love to a few of these walls, it doesn't seem to like cornering in general.

Yeah, I'm not expecting to be good her at all. Stupid street circuits :yuck:

I know you're halfway through the season etc, but is it possible to join or be a reserve for the remainder of the season?

Yes Neenor. As it says, there's 3 full-time spots open. :) If you want to race today, you'll need to have a short race with me in the next half an hour to prove you can race cleanly. 👍

Doing you all a favour and backing out. I'd just be a moving chicane with my pace.

lmao guys. Don't worry I'm not suicidal. It was a good race but my internet connection's just tragic right now I guess. I just laughed it off. Not getting used to it per se. No stream btw so yeah...

The ISP tech's coming over today so I'm gonna really get a good investigation out of him or I'm just gonna cancel my service with them and going to something else.

You ruined my race wardez, was not happy at start of the race lol, you car just lagged into mine and i have engine damage everywhere, after that i was just angry and drove stupid....

Then to top it off the dog wanted to go out to **** everywhere so i just pulled over lol

Best race of the season for me so far.
lost 1 spot in the opening lap, and had a major scare when Wardez went wide into a wall turn before the wall and then apears in front of me after the turn. :crazy:
Had a fun race following the 3 cars in front of me. That was all I could do in this track with the absence of a real straight so I could draft anyone. Only overtook Welsh in the first stint when he had a moment only to make the same in second stint. Pited the same lap as Wardez and got held up in pits by his car.

Towards the end tires felt really bad even if my tire thingy showed like I had more than half still. :confused:

All in all a good result (sad about Wardez, you smack that tech guy).
I bumped a few walls (in the cchicane I had to reverse to get back on track) and may have crossed the chicane 3 or 4 times. Open to steward review. ;) I had one big excursion but I went really slow and called it a day 2 laps to go (wich I thought it was 1 and had a moment on T1 last lap.).

EDIT: Once again I want to thank Adam for his work on the series. It's a joy to be part of it.

Last edited:
Was an awesome race. Without any problems, I would have loved the standings to be 1. Wardez 2. Nige 3. Kamy 4. Me.

Great driving Wardez. You was really on the limit, even if you did scrape quite a few barriers. You had awesome pace, and towards the end of the first stint I think I was only keeping with you because of the slipstream. Obviously I could have gone faster if you weren't in front of me but that's what it's all about! :P

Thanks to everyone for coming and since there were only 6 or 7 finishers, no one gets any penalties for anything. :D Wardez, you can have points for 7th or 8th too.

Hopefully there's more of us next week...

hah, thanks guys. Yeah Aderrrm I always have fun at Monaco. I had to wrestle the 'vette around those turns with precise on-throttle oversteer otherwise I'd bin it into a wall every time.

I wish I had the replay 'cause there was an amazing moment where you passed me going into Mirabeau then I re-took right after going into the hairpin. Truly awesome racing. Can't believe the pace you had 👍

I think I hit a couple 39s driving like a maniac in front of you... maybe not. I do remember one lap when I was behind you I knew I was gonna hit a 39.5 if I kept up but I ended up greasing that stupid little stub of a barrier coming out of the swimming pool.

For such a lightweight car, the Z4 flat out stunk at Monaco. It baffles me because street courses are my strength. :confused:

Love Monaco, and despite being more than a second slower in Qualifying (no thanks to my stupid decision to leave 196mph as my top speed :dunce:), I was keeping up with the leaders and felt I was capable of reaching the podium. However I could not get past Outlaw, overtaking on this track felt too risky but I ended up fluffing any chance of that by hitting the corner wall in entrance to the chicane. After that I was still catching up a little to the leaders but I kept tapping the walls at the end of several corners each lap as a result of carrying a little too much speed into the corner, which slowed me down a lot. Feel free to throw penalties at me, I will happily catch them and put 'em in my pocket, I hit a lot of walls today, although not once did I do this to get any sort of advantage, and not once did I get an advantage from one :yuck:

Love Monaco, and despite being more than a second slower in Qualifying (no thanks to my stupid decision to leave 196mph as my top speed :dunce:), I was keeping up with the leaders and felt I was capable of reaching the podium. However I could not get past Outlaw, overtaking on this track felt too risky but I ended up fluffing any chance of that by hitting the corner wall in entrance to the chicane. After that I was still catching up a little to the leaders but I kept tapping the walls at the end of several corners each lap as a result of carrying a little too much speed into the corner, which slowed me down a lot. Feel free to throw penalties at me, I will happily catch them and put 'em in my pocket, I hit a lot of walls today, although not once did I do this to get any sort of advantage, and not once did I get an advantage from one :yuck:
I was going to let you by after the chicane. I kept looking back thinking you were going to catch up again but it never happened.

Granted, I had a few wall slaps myself since the lousy car kept understeering when it had no business doing so. Honestly, I wanted to drive the car right into the water. :lol:

I was going to let you by after the chicane. I kept looking back thinking you were going to catch up again but it never happened.

Granted, I had a few wall slaps myself since the lousy car kept understeering when it had no business doing so. Honestly, I wanted to drive the car right into the water. :lol:

Don't tell me that, now you've made me feel even more stupid :lol:

Yeah I thought I would too, but as my tires degraded, everyone in front seemed to go faster, and no matter how hard I pushed I wasn't go any faster. For me, there were times where I just wanted to run down into that chicane without braking and just crash into the wall just to see the car go flying off and hit a boat or something, thankfully though I decided to let the seamen live in their over-priced yachts :D

Maybe I can join next race if I don't suck so bad again.

I was going to talk to you about that last time but you left the room before I could say anything. But unfortunately you won't be racing until you prove you can race cleanly with me without making so many mistakes.

Whats next race?

Original track = voting time. :) I'll PM everyone tomorrow or something.

I was going to talk to you about that last time but you left the room before I could say anything. But unfortunately you won't be racing until you prove you can race cleanly with me without making so many mistakes.
:lol::lol:

:confused:

But yeah, christian had a short 4 lap race with me and well every time he got close to me he would panic (his words, not mine) and brake too late, and run into the back of me. He did that, aswell as hit quite a few barriers which can't really be considered 'clean' in a 4 lap race. If I hadn't asked him to have a little race with me, who knows what would have happened in a 20+ lap race with 10 other cars?

If I hadn't asked him to have a little race with me, who knows what would have happened in a 20+ lap race with 10 other cars?
Hmm, probably driven clean and respectfully against the other competitors and finished in the back like all other beginners? You make it sound like you drove against a complete different person. I would appreciate if you could follow the chat log next time.

Hmm, probably driven clean and respectfully against the other competitors and finished in the back like all other beginners? You make it sound like you drove against a complete different person. I would appreciate if you could follow the chat log next time.

:confused: Some people on GTP confuse me so much. Right, okay... how about you jump in on the next race and we'll see from then on.

I can definitely make it Saturday. Thank god the lowest scoring round gets dropped. Now i just gotta attend all races, cant miss a single one.

My vote goes to Grand Valley Reverse again. We had a great race there last season. 👍

I won't race this weekend but if I were I would prefer GVE. ;)
Just sharing my thoughts. Probably you shouldn't count it.

Back