GT4 European Cup Season 2 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 521 comments
So whats hapopening about monza then? Are we missing it out or going to tackle it on saturday?

I thought you hadn't, as well as a few others. Aren't the pits closed after lap 11? And we were on lap 13/14...

That is correct. Everyone should read the Race Info before every race.

Race Information - Race 2: Monza (FIXED RAIN)

Pits: The Pits will open on lap number 8 (as in the top left corner of your screen) and close on lap 12 (as in the top left corner of your screen). Therefore you may pit on laps 8, 9, 10 and 11 . Failing to do so will result in a 5 second penalty.

I freaking loved it man. It was the only time in GT, besides only a handful of other races, that I've actually felt like I was really racing.

👍 I was really enjoying myself in that race until the hurricane struck.

There were a few taps here and there. Both me and Adam were passing each other way too much early on as I guess we both wanted a clear view without the spray, but I felt it was slowing us down so I tucked in behind and tried to follow, then I spun :). I was thinking about bump drafting Adam, but didn't know if he'd appreciate it or not and, oh yeah, it was raining and slippery! :D I personally don't like bump drafting and I know not everyone does so I guess I should find out before the race next time.

Do I still get a point for pole? :P

I stayed behind you for a few laps learning your lines and sometimes struggling on getting a good exit out of the corners, especially Lesmo 2. I believe that the more you try and overtake, the more you put pressure on the other driver to make a mistake. And seeing as I would only keep up with you because of the slipstream, I figured making a move was better sooner than later. :P But yeah that spray is crazy. And I don't like bump drafting. :yuck:

As for the point for pole, no. :D

MÜLE_9242;5832640
I'm going to bring this up again as it got lost in the connection shuffle. I understand you don't want people increasing their horsepower illegally, but I really could have benefited from being able to tweak the ride height a little bit to stabilize the car, as seen from my lap 1 crash and subsequent ragequit.

Erm... what Turbo said.

---

So Monza has been pushed back a week, and will start at the usual time of 16:30 BST.

Race 2: Monza (fixed rain). Saturday 10th September, 16:30 BST.

It seems everybody enjoyed themselves. 👍

To be honest, Im gonna hate driving the car again with ballast on the rain because the car is sooo heavy in here. Without ballast I could get 2.09.2, maybe even 2.08 if I improve there and there, now with ballast its barely 2.10! :( its crazy!

Sweet i get to race it, I finish work at 2 quickly watch the monza quali then race WOW

👍 But Monza quali starts at 13:00?

MÜLE_9242;5838544
I barely got any practice, though. :/

Sorry but we have to start Qualifying with strict conditions at some point. :P

To be honest, Im gonna hate driving the car again with ballast on the rain because the car is sooo heavy in here. Without ballast I could get 2.09.2, maybe even 2.08 if I improve there and there, now with ballast its barely 2.10! :( its crazy!

Muhahaha. :D

Also Turbo, did you get your ballast/PP thing sorted out?

Without ballast, Camaro should be: 372 BHP, 1439 kg, 499 PP.
With 41 kg ballast it should be: 372 BHP, 1480 kg, 497 PP.

I was curious about this, so I put 61kg of ballast on my M3 to see how it would be affected. It appeared to cost me about 1mph across the start/finish line and I would say about 0.7s per lap on average. I left my tune the same and left the ballast at position 0 for this. Are you changing your tune to compensate for the weight Nepal? Maybe the M3 can take the weight a little easier?

I was curious about this, so I put 61kg of ballast on my M3 to see how it would be affected. It appeared to cost me about 1mph across the start/finish line and I would say about 0.7s per lap on average. I left my tune the same and left the ballast at position 0 for this. Are you changing your tune to compensate for the weight Nepal? Maybe the M3 can take the weight a little easier?

Considering the Camaro is a pig allready I would say he and turbo would suffer more. :D

Also Turbo, did you get your ballast/PP thing sorted out?

Without ballast, Camaro should be: 372 BHP, 1439 kg, 499 PP.
With 41 kg ballast it should be: 372 BHP, 1480 kg, 497 PP.

I have the ballast, but moved it to the front of the car which put me back at 499pp. The rule says we can move it around?

I have the ballast, but moved it to the front of the car which put me back at 499pp. The rule says we can move it around?

Okay, yep. I'll check it out. I assumed the only way to gain PP by moving ballast was by moving it to the rear of the car.

I hope all this maintenence is PD fixing the "Hurricanes". :D
I'm looking forward to this race.
I hated driving in the rain, but after last race and a BTCC race I did on monday I kinda like it now. Not that I'm fast. lol

I believe heavy rain is still in the forecast for Italy, however it appears to be no more than that :). Let's hope they get it right this time!

Time to warm up the M3.👍

Hey Aderrm, take me off the registration list.

Thanks.

Good luck with everything. 👍

---

I might have to move the race backwards this time (later). Depends how bad a hangover I have and what time I get back home. If it comes 16:30 and I'm not around, wait until about 18:00 (if you have the time to do so) to see if I get back. Sorry about this, this season's schedule definitely isn't going to plan.

Remember to read the Race Information, and don't forget about the pit window!

RACE INFORMATION

Aderrrm, please take my name off of the registration list as well. My schedule just changed around, and Sat morning/afternoon no longer looks possible.

--Gus (regal/GTP_Theoretician)

Good luck with everything. 👍

---

I might have to move the race backwards this time (later). Depends how bad a hangover I have and what time I get back home. If it comes 16:30 and I'm not around, wait until about 18:00 (if you have the time to do so) to see if I get back. Sorry about this, this season's schedule definitely isn't going to plan.

Remember to read the Race Information, and don't forget about the pit window!

RACE INFORMATION
I won't be able to join at 18:00. Got the F430 Cup running around that time. :nervous:

I'm back so the race will still start on time.

Room will be opened at around 16:30. :)👍

Good run out there Adam, nice and controlled ;).

Hope you haven't forgotten about the Integra's? Best to give Mule a shout with regards to qualifying if you're still in for it.

Let's see how my race went.

1. Got out-braked at T1 trying to be conservative and lost a position.
2. I somehow got pushed sideways on that T1 pileup on exit and got into the grass, ending with front wheel damage, losing at least 4 positions and at least 10-15 seconds to the leaders.
3. The game glitched following Nepalli exiting Parabolica and I "crashed" into him, losing more time.
4. I tried running an extra lap to break away from Nepalli and Paginas and I ended up in a sandwich after my pit stop. Got kinda messy there for a few laps.
5. I all but crashed at Ascari on the final lap when I drove through it the same way I did the whole race.

Yet, I still finished 4th. I suppose that's a good thing since that means no weight penalty for Monaco where I should excel at. Didn't feel like I did in the short practice run with only a 1:41 to show for it.

Sorry I totally forgot about this. Mainly because I got really big problems with my wheel and I want to fix it as fast as possible. But it could be another 3/4 weeks. I'll see how it goes and maybe I'll race with my DS3 if I don't get it fixed on time.

Provisional Race Results - Monza

GTP_Aderrrm --.---
GTP_Welsh-Bain +07.701
Wardez +13.146
outlaw4rc +22.572
BiffyClyro93 +27.719
NEPALII +27.722
Paginas +27.804
MULE_9242 +59.924
Jay_1086 +1:45.745
KamyKaze1098 +2:56.244

DRIVER STANDINGS
DRIVER BALLAST
FASTEST LAPS

10 starters, 10 finishers. Not as good as Rome but still nice. 👍

Some people used more track than they should have so expect some penalties in the official results. :)

Ohhh dear penalties hehe

I would just like to add on the 2nd chincane if people thought i was using more of track by missin it i was only doing that was because:
1. car trying to overtake on inside and i had no room so i went through it (not at full speed, i lifted to make sure i didnt get advatage)
2. I out breaked myself but i made sure that i didnt get advatage by lifting of gas for little while...

:)

I'll take a lot of things into consideration when deciding whether to give a penalty for corner cutting. The rain made it hard to distinguish between the red+white rumblestrip and the green concrete but some people (like me) would just go inside the red+white, whereas a few people would go quite a way inside it. Admitedly I cut a few corners, because it's difficult having such large braking zones that when you get to the corner and turn in, it's hard to see if you've turned in too early or late.

Turn 2 (the second part of the first chicane) and the exit of Ascari is where most people went off. Especially Ascari.

I thought the race was fun though and I hope everyone else enjoyed it too. I missed my braking point into Ascari on one lap and hit Welsh-Bain and I'm sure it put Nepalii off aswell. Sorry about that.

Also Kamy, why did you put Inters on the rear on your pitstop? xD If you was trying to get rid of the twitchiness that the Evora sometimes has, then putting them on the front would have been more suitable. :P

Lol Adam. You noticed that...
I tested both options last week. What Y was trying to acomplish was to make the car turn in. The tire change did that but with the lack of grip on the rear I had to pit a 2nd time to keep it on the road.
Let's just say I don't want to remember this race in the near future. lol.

Also I went wide a LOT of times. Don't want you to explode your brain trying to do the math for penaltys. ;)
I was lifting my throtle after the offense. Maybe not so much on Ascari exit.

Oh well. Roll on Monaco.

Still looking through the replays counting how many times some of you ran wide. :guilty:

Anyone up for some practice tomorrow? 7pm BST?

Hmmm, sorry Adam but you might as well take me off the registered list of this - if I'm still on there, haha! Very little chance I'll be able to make most, if any, of these races - usually at the kart circuit or watching the football on a Saturday so it's difficult to say when I'll be free and when I won't. Sorry again!

Back