GT4 European Cup Season 2 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 521 comments
@Nepal, I think you would have been late on your pit ;). Was supposed to be laps 8,9,10,11 or 12.

Forgot about the pit window!! :yuck: Well, I got saved then. The GT5 gods saved me, or it was the hurricane predicted by Aderrm. Wow, he really predicated that LMAO

I was leading! Well, I hadnt pit yet but still I was feeling good, sitting in the lead. :)

I thought you hadn't, as well as a few others. Aren't the pits closed after lap 11? And we were on lap 13/14...

I got shunted by my pit crew yet again. I think it was 'cause I was going too fast into the pits. The game reset me after I was almost to my box and rolled, slowly, up to my box at the speed limit, did my tire change, then the crew just held me for like 5 seconds.

I should've come out right with RT and Outlaw.

Now I'm really thinking there's some BS hidden pit speed penalty in the game that's only half assedly implemented as we have no literature anywhere pointing to this sort of thing.

Yep. Happened the same in Rome to me.

Well, that stinks big time as I was doing well for once. I probably will do a lot worse 2nd time around. :(

The car was shimmying a lot worse than in practice and was making me slower by at least half a second.
I got shunted by my pit crew yet again. I think it was 'cause I was going too fast into the pits. The game reset me after I was almost to my box and rolled, slowly, up to my box at the speed limit, did my tire change, then the crew just held me for like 5 seconds.

I should've come out right with RT and Outlaw.

Now I'm really thinking there's some BS hidden pit speed penalty in the game that's only half assedly implemented as we have no literature anywhere pointing to this sort of thing.
Actually, I knew of this problem when I ran practice last night.

Problem with that is Mule it might run into my Uni work too much.

I'll think of a time we can reschedule it during next week and if it doesn't suit, we'll move everything one week back.

Right I'm off to a barbeque now, in this lovely British weather

Any time next week is not going to work, though, unless it's at night here, which would be early morning for you. :/

lol NEPAL! It would have cost you 5s penalty too.

@Biffy, I thought the end of 12 was the last of the pit window

@Turbo, thanks man, but it would have been with a lap or 2 to go if I'd kept it clean by the time I caught you guys, so the fight would've been on :P

Still not used to following in the rain, lol.

While I remember, can I just ask people to stay away from the Pit Exit line when someone else is exiting the pits? When I came out of there I narrowly missed jamesybograt as he just zoomed past taking up all of the pit exit.

Welsh_Don, look on either Page 13/14, Adermmm has a post with the Pit Window laps on. It says beginning of lap 12 ;)

Still not used to following in the rain, lol.

I freaking loved it man. It was the only time in GT, besides only a handful of other races, that I've actually felt like I was really racing. I mean, any other time you just point your car in a direction, stay balanced, and go but during this race my arms were just working the wheel like mad. It was too fun. Not being able to see past the spray was also so great. The rain, at least, is really well done in GT (not so much the confetti effect falling out of the sky they call rain)

Felt kind of like an F1 driver xD
Check the video in my sig for inspiration!

I freaking loved it man. It was the only time in GT, besides only a handful of other races, that I've actually felt like I was really racing. I mean, any other time you just point your car in a direction, stay balanced, and go but during this race my arms were just working the wheel like mad. It was too fun. Not being able to see past the spray was also so great. The rain, at least, is really well done in GT (not so much the confetti effect falling out of the sky they call rain)

I got scared when you bumpdrafted. The car felt so loose all of a sudden! :scared: But its really fun, pretty intense.

My thumbs were working my DS3 like mad, lol. What was strange was that I had good pace, lapping in the 2'10's.

Oh and sorry about the little shunt on the first corner, thought I'd say hello :D

I almost got taken out a few time during the first lap as well. An Orange M3 slammed into me going into that second chicane but I was able to recover JUST.

Saw that, that was theoterician(something like that). Probably missed the brakes.

There were a few taps here and there. Both me and Adam were passing each other way too much early on as I guess we both wanted a clear view without the spray, but I felt it was slowing us down so I tucked in behind and tried to follow, then I spun :). I was thinking about bump drafting Adam, but didn't know if he'd appreciate it or not and, oh yeah, it was raining and slippery! :D I personally don't like bump drafting and I know not everyone does so I guess I should find out before the race next time.

I think I may have tagged Nepal when I re-joined too. I'm sorry if I did, but I was trying to stay on the inside of the track, off the racing line.

Do I still get a point for pole? :P

I think I may have tagged Nepal when I re-joined too. I'm sorry if I did, but I was trying to stay on the inside of the track, off the racing line.

It was my fault, I spun there. :D Saw your car, got excited, and floored it too hard. :sly:

Both me and Adam were passing each other way too much early on as I guess we both wanted a clear view without the spray, but I felt it was slowing us down so I tucked in behind and tried to follow, then I spun :).

This is what I was talking about after last week. Except patience bit you in the 🤬. :lol:

This is what I was talking about after last week. Except patience bit you in the 🤬. :lol:

lmao! :ouch:

It was fun, don't get me wrong, but we weren't far ahead of you guys at the time and there were plenty of laps to go. I think the main thing here was the rain and I knew I wasn't comfortable in the spray, so maybe Adam was the same, hence why we both wanted to be out front.

lmao! :ouch:

It was fun, don't get me wrong, but we weren't far ahead of you guys at the time and there were plenty of laps to go. I think the main thing here was the rain and I knew I wasn't comfortable in the spray, so maybe Adam was the same, hence why we both wanted to be out front.

I spent pretty much all of my time directly behind Outlaw and just stayed out of his spray down the straights. Was also trying to dodge the horrible drafting effects too. Wasn't too worried about passing, cause I had a plan. ;)

What do you guys use for braking markers/indicators? I use fixed objects and marks around the track, which is why I was struggling not being able to see them in the spray. I've heard some use the gear indicator on the display, so when it starts flashing, wait a little then brake etc?

@Turbo, I guess you can keep that plan a secret for a little while yet. ;)

Last edited:
MÜLE_9242;5832043
Really really really really super dumb that I'm not allowed to "leave the track" to fix this cars snap oversteer. :rolleyes:

I'm going to bring this up again as it got lost in the connection shuffle. I understand you don't want people increasing their horsepower illegally, but I really could have benefited from being able to tweak the ride height a little bit to stabilize the car, as seen from my lap 1 crash and subsequent ragequit.

Happened to me at parabolica too :P too much throttle i guess.

Also, i forgot to fix my gear ratio so i was hitting the top end on every straight :/

MÜLE_9242;5832640
I'm going to bring this up again as it got lost in the connection shuffle. I understand you don't want people increasing their horsepower illegally, but I really could have benefited from being able to tweak the ride height a little bit to stabilize the car, as seen from my lap 1 crash and subsequent ragequit.

Couldn't have done that during practice?

Also, rage quitting doesn't really look good on anyone.

While I remember, can I just ask people to stay away from the Pit Exit line when someone else is exiting the pits? When I came out of there I narrowly missed jamesybograt as he just zoomed past taking up all of the pit exit.

Welsh_Don, look on either Page 13/14, Adermmm has a post with the Pit Window laps on. It says beginning of lap 12 ;)

sorry biffy if i scared you it was not my intension.
but my line inthe wet is stradling the pit lane white line (it gives more grip)

I spent pretty much all of my time directly behind Outlaw and just stayed out of his spray down the straights. Was also trying to dodge the horrible drafting effects too. Wasn't too worried about passing, cause I had a plan. ;)
You mean the plan that everyone else in GT5 uses against me? Yes, I know, I do slow-in fast-out which makes passing me way too easy.

Or were you just waiting for me to spin out?

Or were you waiting for the guys behind to catch up so that I could get freight-trained?

Am I in the ballpark yet? :lol:

Saw that, that was theoterician(something like that). Probably missed the brakes.

Yeah, that was me. I completely lost it. I was with the pack, but completely missed my braking point. Once I realized that I could not recover, I tried to dive off of the track and avoid everyone, but I was carrying too much speed. Sorry for that hit wardez. :(

--Gus

You mean the plan that everyone else in GT5 uses against me? Yes, I know, I do slow-in fast-out which makes passing me way too easy.

Or were you just waiting for me to spin out?

Or were you waiting for the guys behind to catch up so that I could get freight-trained?

Am I in the ballpark yet? :lol:

No outlaw, his plan was to turn his lights off on the last turn so you wouldn't see him. Then he was going to initiate a four wheel drift using you as a gutter for more grip.

No outlaw, his plan was to turn his lights off on the last turn so you wouldn't see him. Then he was going to initiate a four wheel drift using you as a gutter for more grip.
Ah, the old slip, slide, and bump. :lol:

Back