GT4 European Cup Season 2 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 521 comments
Went back to the room to watch, then after about a minute everyone just disconnected :s

Did the room just blow up?

omfg waaaaaaaaaaat!?

Unprecedented? ...

...well this is Gran Turismo...

Dude, gahhhhhh

The room just disconnected every one. I saw you taking a turn right in front of me, then suddenly you zoomed across the sand by Lesmos at lightning speed.

can't believe this...

It was the Hurricane i was talking about!!!!

Well if that wasn't the most unfortunate thing to ever happen then I don't know what it is. Probably GT5's horrible servers. It was nothing on my end anyway.

So what does everyone want to do? Don't ask me what we're gonna do because I have no idea.

Just reschedule for next week?

Same race... I'm not sure. I mean, look at Bahrain. I don't know!

Thats too bad.

I always thought private lounges were problematic, thats why we switched to public lobbies in WSGTC.

Red Flagged? lol ;)

That sucks, but it happens. Will wait to here the outcome of the race as we were just over 2/3rds complete I believe. Shame as I was starting to gain on outlaw4rc and Turbo. :(

Personally, I'd prefer a re-run.

I was about to go to the pits!! :( Restart wouldnt be good for me, I would have to pit and go down to last lol

Thats too bad.

I always thought private lounges were problematic, thats why we switched to public lobbies in WSGTC.

It was a public lobby... wasn't it?

Looks like it'll have to be.

I was rather enjoying myself in that weather too :nervous:

I'll send PMs out tomorrow asking when you want the race to be rescheduled to.

Sorry about that everyone. 👍

edit: yes, public lobby.

you can either move this race to next week. Or we can continue on as if this didn't happen, but don't count Monza (obviously) then you add one more race at the end of the schedule to compensate.

It was a public lobby... wasn't it?

Yes it was. To be honest, I find public lobbies more prone to lag. Yes, they dont disconnect as much, but there is higher chance of lag. However, what just happened has nothing to do with lag. I say we re-do the race next week!

Ahhh, I was just about to battle with Kamy and Wardez, how frustrating! I agree we should re-schedule it for next week, it's not like we can just give everyone points from where they were at time of disconnection.

I was leading! Well, I hadnt pit yet but still I was feeling good, sitting in the lead. :)

I'd prefer to run it next week and bump the schedule by 1 week as we've practiced for this now and have a feel for it. If we do it again at the end of the season, we'll have to re-learn all over again! lol

@Nepal, I think you would have been late on your pit ;). Was supposed to be laps 8,9,10,11 or 12.

Im gonna go with everyone else here, and say just re-do the race next week. At least I wont have work for the week.

Problem with that is Mule it might run into my Uni work too much.

I'll think of a time we can reschedule it during next week and if it doesn't suit, we'll move everything one week back.

Right I'm off to a barbeque now, in this lovely British weather

I got shunted by my pit crew yet again. I think it was 'cause I was going too fast into the pits. The game reset me after I was almost to my box and rolled, slowly, up to my box at the speed limit, did my tire change, then the crew just held me for like 5 seconds.

I should've come out right with RT and Outlaw.

Now I'm really thinking there's some BS hidden pit speed penalty in the game that's only half assedly implemented as we have no literature anywhere pointing to this sort of thing.

I'd prefer to run it next week and bump the schedule by 1 week as we've practiced for this now and have a feel for it. If we do it again at the end of the season, we'll have to re-learn all over again! lol

@Nepal, I think you would have been late on your pit ;). Was supposed to be laps 8,9,10,11 or 12.

👍

Thats right. I'm amazed I managed to keep it pointed in the same direction.
This thread is really on fire. :D

Shame as I was starting to gain on outlaw4rc and Turbo. :(

Personally, I'd prefer a re-run.

I was going to let you by anyway. Was keeping tabs on where you were.

Edit: Just so you know anything during the week won't work for me.

Back