Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun"(Final Round Underway)

The test drivers are driving mine wrong :D

:lol: That's one way of looking at it. The other way to look at this is that it's a bit hard to handle for some driving styles. I for one think that the use of the low RPM Turbo was a stupid idea, if you need power, go break it in with the high RPM Turbo and get the full 896hp. If you need it to be more controlled, ditch the turbo and stick with the NA usable-ness.

My way of seeing it, anyway.

Onboy123
So, we have the most number of tuners and the least number of testers for this end of year shootout. Odd, ain't it.

C'mon Onboy, test group C. You know you want to drive my car :lol:I :dopey:

So if a test driver ranks you #1 and a second one ranks you #3 along with DaDog's #2 ranking your average will be a #2 ranking or 5 points for the drivers choice category.Hope that makes sense for you and clarifies any questions you might have.:D:tup:👍

My question above was in reference to this. It's not likely any car is going to get all the number one votes so likely no car will get 1,1,1,1,1, for an average of 1. Using your example above if the typical "best" car in a group gets a 1,2,1,2,3,3, it averages out to 2 correct?

So using your example from up above, you said that a car that averages out to a 2nd ranking in the driver's poll would get 5 points.

Or are you saying that the car that gets the highest average driver's ranking, regardless of what it averages out to will get 6 points, the second most points gets 5 etc??...because that's not what the example above seems to indicate.

So if the first place car is ranked 2.33 it get's 6 points, the second place car is ranked 2.66 it gets 5 points etc.?

Oi, Despy, you keep saying you're busy testing for this shootout, but you haven't had a single result in yet. :lol:

My question above was in reference to this. It's not likely any car is going to get all the number one votes so likely no car will get 1,1,1,1,1, for an average of 1. Using your example above if the typical "best" car in a group gets a 1,2,1,2,3,3, it averages out to 2 correct?

So using your example from up above, you said that a car that averages out to a 2nd ranking in the driver's poll would get 5 points.

Or are you saying that the car that gets the highest average driver's ranking, regardless of what it averages out to will get 6 points, the second most points gets 5 etc??...because that's not what the example above seems to indicate.

So if the first place car is ranked 2.33 it get's 6 points, the second place car is ranked 2.66 it gets 5 points etc.?
Your correct that its highly unlikely that the averages will work out to even numbers. The answer is your last paragraph. I was trying to make my example as simple as possible, sorry if it wasn't clear.

Thanks for the clarification. 👍

My second round of testing is complete. I just need to finish up my comments for the group and both A and C will be complete. Try and get it posted tonight. I may be able to take on another group but I have to wait and see how my schedule shakes out over the next couple of days.

Aw crap I thought I put the high turbo on ffs. Nevermind though, if there is another heavy car event like this then it will be back but without a turbo

Thanks for the clarification. 👍

My second round of testing is complete. I just need to finish up my comments for the group and both A and C will be complete. Try and get it posted tonight. I may be able to take on another group but I have to wait and see how my schedule shakes out over the next couple of days.

Test Group D Test Group D Test Group D Test Group D Test Group D Test Group D Test Group D Test Group D Test Group D Test Group D Test Group D Test Group D

:D

First I would like to thank all the tuners for letting us test your creations. It's not easy to put all that hard work into your creation and then hand your baby over to strangers, only to have them beat the **** out of it and them criticize it (publicly). But it was a lot of fun on my end & I can't wait to do it again. Driving the different types of cars on two very different tracks was a real challenge. Nice job to Xdesperado67 for coming up with this challenge, and Digitalbaka for keeping up with the score sheet while he was tuning and testing as well.

The first car I tested at London, I came up the red breaking marker and thought this can't be right I can't even see the corner yet. Oh Crap... wall. Ok this car must be built for Monza. First corner, gravel trap.

I ran each car 3 times. I wanted to drive each car for 10 laps at a time, but I was over driving them and after 3 laps my times would start to fall off (out of tires already). I had to work on breaking earlier, turning in earlier, and ease the throttle in to get a good exit speed.

Times: London

Group B
52.584 madmyk - Bugatti Veyron 16.4 09
53.738 Indy Racerfan - SLR AMG "Breaking Wrist"
55.051 DigitalBaka - Ferrari California GT 08
55.783 sean10mm - Audi RS6 Avant '08
56.002 Jackthalad – BMW M3 Coupe 07

Group D
53.081 Johnnypenso – Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro 09
54.673 MrGrado - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
54.922 Dragonthing – BMW M5 “Sturmdrachen”
55.478 praiano63 - Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
56.109 sheephead99 – Merc C63 AMG ‘GT Edition’
58.312 Onboy123 – Merc CL626 ‘Blue Whale’

Times: Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicane)

Group B
1:38.881 Indy Racerfan - SLR AMG "Breaking Wrist"
1:37.007 madmyk - Bugatti Veyron 16.4 09
1:43.376 DigitalBaka - Ferrari California GT 08
1:45.355 Jackthalad – BMW M3 Coupe 07
1:46.221 sean10mm - Audi RS6 Avant '08

Group D
1:36.484 Johnnypenso – Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro 09
1:38.475 MrGrado - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
1:43.666 Dragonthing – BMW M5 “Sturmdrachen”
1:43.834 praiano63 - Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
1:44.602 sheephead99 - Merc C63 AMG ‘GT Edition’
1:48.956 Onboy123 – Merc CL626 ‘Blue Whale’

Drivers Choice

Group B
1. DigitalBaka - Ferrari California GT 08
2. Jackthalad – BMW M3 Coupe 07
3. Indy Racerfan - SLR AMG "Breaking Wrist"
4. sean10mm - Audi RS6 Avant '08
5. madmyk - Bugatti Veyron 16.4 09

Group D
1. Dragonthing – BMW M5 “Sturmdrachen”
2. Johnnypenso – Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro 09
3. praiano63 - Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
4. MrGrado - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
5. sheephead99 – Merc C63 AMG ‘GT Edition’
6. Onboy123 – Merc CL626 ‘Blue Whale’

Comments

Group B

DigitalBaka - Ferrari California GT 08
Great looking car. Once you got a couple of laps into the stint it felt better balanced but I think there is more to come with this car yet. Slow in fast out is the best way to get lap times with this car. I think the reason I enjoy this car so much is because it feels like a race car. Some fine tuning and this could be a great car. This was one of the few cars that felt good on both tracks. Best car to take anywhere.

Jackthalad – BMW M3 Coupe 07
Great looking car, I thought it would be easier to toss around London than the M5 but every time I tried to push for a hot lap it would break lose on me. It was actual more fun to drive at Monza. The car is forgiving there if you push it to hard. Best car to take on a Track Day.

Indy Racerfan - SLR AMG "Breaking Wrist"
Cool looking car! The first time I drove this at London it did noting but smoke the tires out of every corner. It would go from under steer to over steer just like that. At Monza it would really push in the long first corner. I don't know what change but by the time I did my 3rd run with it I actually enjoyed driving it. It still pushed a little but you could put the power down mid corner and it wouldn’t come around on you like before. Best car to have sex on the hood of.

sean10mm - Audi RS6 Avant '08
Very Fun car to drive, nice tune. It turned in good and allowed you to drive it through the corner. This car was more fun at London, but even at Monza you once you got to the corner then it was fun again. Best car to take out on a country road and have fun all day.

madmyk - Bugatti Veyron 16.4 09
Nice car. I was able to set my fastest laps with it. Dose have a bit of under steer. If this car was a little more neutral balanced it would be faster and more enjoyable to drive longer. Once you are able to step on the gas this thing goes like a bat out of hell. Best car to get away from a syco ex-girl friend.

Group D

Dragonthing – BMW M5 “Sturmdrachen”
There is just something about this car, It's Cool! It Looks Great, Sounds Great and can be fun to drive if you treat it nice. Best car to take on a bank robbery. Front end had great bite and when the back end did break loose you could control it (most of the time). It didn't matter if this was the fastest car or not, I
want one. When this is over I'm going to build one. Ok you get the point, I like this car.

Johnnypenso – Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro 09
I really enjoyed this car. The first time I drove it at London my warmup lap was my fastest. When I did my 2nd run I figured out that to go fast you have to drive slow (slow in fast out). Car is well balanced and look nice too. One of the few cars that the long I drove it the faster I got. Good tire wear.

praiano63 - Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
This car surprised me. It handled well at London but was very enjoyable at Monza. The longer I drove it, I found myself sitting back and relaxing. It is a very well balanced car with great tire wear. Best car to drive to a dinner date in. To me this is a grand turing car. Nice Job.

MrGrado - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
Nice car, looks great (my mom had a yellow 69 corvette so I liked it right away, good choice). It was tough to drive at London, tires would break loose too easy. You don't push the loud pedal all the way down unless you have the tires pointed straight. It was more enjoyable at Monza. I had a great lap going then out of the last corner the tires broke loose and I spun it! I know with more track time I can get more out of it.

sheephead99 – Merc C63 AMG ‘GT Edition’
Great looking car! Best car to take to a board meeting. Car feels light and fast. I don't know why I can't get better lap times with it. I know the car is faster and I really enjoy driving it.

Onboy123 – Merc CL626 ‘Blue Whale’
For a big car it handled nice. On the tight corners of London it could be hard to rotate, but was much more at home at Monza. The long wheel base was really nice in the long corners. Although the car was not that exciting, it was tuned very well. This is a car you could take on a long trip and live in.

Last edited:
Test Results - In Progress

I use a standard controller. As tire wear is a factor, I'm testing with the intent to run fast, clean laps while keeping my drifting and tire smoke to a minimum. I'm running a quick "get acquainted" session with each car followed by a 10 lap time trial on each track.

Group A

London

1: wildheart90's Murcielago ~ 53.654
2: CSLACR's Viper ~ 54.036
3: XDesperado67's "Isabella" ~ 56.434
4: Rallywagon's Legacy ~ 57.135
5: CyKosis1973's XKR ~ 57.651
6: oopssorryy's GS300 ~ 58.364

Monza

1: CSLACR's Viper ~ 1:36.649
2: wildheart90's Murcielago ~ 1:41.540
3: XDesperado67's "Isabella" ~ 1:44.311
4: CyKosis1973's XKR ~ 1:44.381
5: oopssorryy's GS300 ~ 1:47.708
6: Rallywagon's Legacy ~ 1:49.930

Driver's Choice

1: CSLACR's Viper ~ Great tune for London, even better at Monza, one of the best Viper on SS tunes I've tried
2: XDesperado67's "Isabella" ~ Not sure how my top two choices are Dodges, Beelz must be freezing. A fun drive, decent on tires, and controllable from start to finish
3: oopssorryy's GS300 ~ Very nice tune for both tracks, easy to drive consistant laps with great tire life.
4: Rallywagon's Legacy ~ Tough choice between this and the Lexus. Fun car, a little low on power, great on tires, and spot-on control regardless of tire wear.
5: wildheart90's Murcielago ~ I loved this tune in London, but not as impressed at Monza, as it seemed to drift a bit on the fast sweepers.
6: CyKosis1973's XKR ~ The last spot, but in a strong group of cars. Was good on both tracks, but didn't really stand out on either.

Group C

London

1: ACSR421's "Bodacious" ~ 52.526
2: krenkme's GT-R ~ 53.539
3: Shmogt's Veyron ~ 54.288
4: nomis3613's SL65 AMG ~ 56.256
5: Motor City Hami's Gran Turismo S ~ 56.994
6: tris_73's SL65 AMG ~ 57.909

Monza

1: Shmogt's Veyron ~ 1:36.114
2: ACSR421's "Bodacious" ~ 1:37.726
3: krenkme's GT-R ~ 1:37.817
4: nomis3613's SL65 AMG ~ 1:42.334
5: Motor City Hami's Gran Turismo S ~ 1:45.271
6: tris_73's SL65 AMG ~ 1:46.722

Driver's Choice

1: ACSR421's "Bodacious" ~ Very nice handling SV, decent on tires, and handled well as the tires wore out
2: krenkme's GT-R ~ No suprises out of the GT-R, good all-around car
3: Shmogt's Veyron ~ Very fast, as expected, performed much nicer for me at Monza than London; on the short track it spun a lot and killed tires quickly
4: nomis3613's SL65 AMG ~ Nice, stable RWD, had a nice amount of power for available grip
5: Motor City Hami's Gran Turismo S ~ Good tune on either track, felt faster than it was, fun drive
6: tris_73's SL65 AMG ~ Easiest drive of the group, terrific tune, by far the best on tires, but not enough power to keep up with the rest.

Note: Sorry, "real life" forced me to keep my observations for this round short and to the point.

Last edited:
The car is clearly going to be fast because it has lots of horsepower but it drives terrible. It's really nowhere near as fast as it could be either. With 10 seconds of tuning I had it handling way nicer and driving way faster down the straights.

I will probably live to regret this, but...

May I ninja-sign up for group C?

As usual, I promise to send exactly zero friend requests (I have considered the logistics of running in those particular cars in the time frame); if that is a problem, I don't mind withdrawing and relurking.

I will also probably run a quick comparison for another (troll?) car that sprang to mind when I read the regs (just adding 200kg of crackers and champagne to meet up with nomis...):

(not my own photo, just the first I found on GTP)

20week035.jpg

Totally a GT. Maybe not quite porky enough in this company, but IT'S THE BATMOBILE, by gum!

Last edited:
I will probably live to regret this, but...

May I ninja-sign up for group C?

As usual, I promise to send exactly zero friend requests (I have considered the logistics of running in those particular cars in the time frame); if that is a problem, I don't mind withdrawing and relurking.

I will also probably run a quick comparison for another (troll?) car that sprang to mind when I read the regs (just adding 200lb of crackers and champagne to meet up with nomis...):

(not my own photo, just the first I found on GTP)

20week035.jpg

Totally a GT. Maybe not quite porky enough in this company, but IT'S THE BATMOBILE, by gum!
I'll add you to the list of Test Drivers.

I tested the Citroên out myself and it is very fast. Would have been interesting to see how one would have fared in the Blowout.:D

The car is clearly going to be fast because it has lots of horsepower but it drives terrible. It's really nowhere near as fast as it could be either. With 10 seconds of tuning I had it handling way nicer and driving way faster down the straights.

it was faster than the other veyron in your test and you said that one was pretty good lol. It's cool I obviously won't be getting drivers choice from you lol I just never heard anyone say it was awful before

I thought the other Veyron was a little bit average too. I didn't say it was pretty good, I said it wasn't bad. I didn't spend too much time doing hot laps with it though because it is likely to easily top score for lap times in it's group.

I'm testing all groups so if I can save some time testing some of the cars without hurting the cars chances of getting the result it deserves I will. 10mins on each track for each car plus loading and recording results could easily add up to 12 hours total, so I test the cars for only a short run where possible.

I will run in a car for a little longer than average if I feel that I have not done a good enough lap with the car or if I just plain enjoy the car I might mess around with it for a few minutes.

MrGrado
I thought the other Veyron was a little bit average too. I didn't say it was pretty good, I said it wasn't bad. I didn't spend too much time doing hot laps with it though because it is likely to easily top score for lap times in it's group.

I'm testing all groups so if I can save some time testing some of the cars without hurting the cars chances of getting the result it deserves I will. 10mins on each track for each car plus loading and recording results could easily add up to 12 hours total, so I test the cars for only a short run where possible.

I will run in a car for a little longer than average if I feel that I have not done a good enough lap with the car or if I just plain enjoy the car I might mess around with it for a few minutes.

I totally get what your saying but isn't that kind of cheating. Giving other cars more time than others would give them more time for you to learn to drive them and like them more. Either of the veyrons for example obviously are going to win at Monza but giving less time to them doesn't let you truly get how to drive it for maximum fun and screwing them a little for drivers choice.

Out of the whole group there is only a few that I really like for driving pleasure. I don't think it's unfair to drive them a little extra just purely for the enjoyment of driving them because I already decided I really like them.

But after I complete testing of each group, I want to have a short drive of all the cars again before awarding driver choice points.

Last edited:
MrGrado
I drove your car more than most, it was just in the sand a lot of the time.

Gotta break before you feel you have to, to avoid that. It's going much faster than anything else and it's brakes are not very good no matter how strong the settings. Also keep as close to the inner corner as possible even if you feel you going slow since it accelerates so fast. Thats the key.

Greetings from Disney World. I saw a whole bunch of Brazilians today on a group trip. I also took this picture yesterday from my balcony:

2011-12-06%25252016.38.50.jpg

I have not had much time on the computer obviously, but tonight the kids are finally asleep and the wives are out shopping, so I did fix a bunch of formulas, including the driver's choice scoring. Hopefully it will all look better now. :dopey:

I added the new test drivers from the first page. If anyone wants to jump in, there is one opening on the score sheet for Group B. If anyone wants to test any other group, I will need to adjust the formulas a bit, which might not happen until Sunday if I can't get back on my friend's computer.

I'd like to stay out of the Veyron discussion. I don't like them much more than anyone else, but I tried to make mine as good of an experience to drive as you can get from that beast. :dopey:

I have completed my testing of Group A to go with the previously completed group C.

Look under Santa's Hat [post=6287489]:)[/post] for your results.

With another 4 days available I think I can take on another group. I'll take on Group B if that's ok.

I have completed my testing of Group A to go with the previously completed group C.

Look under Santa's Hat [post=6287489]:)[/post] for your results.

With another 4 days available I think I can take on another group. I'll take on Group B if that's ok.

I'll add you to the Group B Tester list if madmyk will add you on the score sheet.

That will fill all the test slots so I'm definitely calling it closed for any more official testers.

Another update to the score sheet. Keep the times coming!

Group B could use another tester, assuming all the others complete their testing. I could lend my services if needed but my car is in the group so I'm not sure how fair others would see that. If one of the other testers has the time and could run the B cars it would help to even things out.

Also, I'm going to go bump the photo threads now...keep on those, especially the close ones. 👍

EDIT: Looks like the B group has added another already... :D

I'll add you to the Group B Tester list if madmyk will add you on the score sheet.

I've been adding the couple who were not on. Myk had things setup well so it's just a matter of adding in the name and posting times. :dopey:

Latest Posts

Back