The Updated OCD Thread

• Thread starter jkt008
  • 1,901 comments

What type of cars would you like to see more of in the OCD?

• LMP, Group C etc.

Votes: 746 37.4%
  • Supercars

Votes: 640 32.1%
  • Classic Muscle

Votes: 363 18.2%
  • Concept, Prototypes

Votes: 504 25.3%
  • Family Cars

Votes: 145 7.3%
  • Trucks, Utes

Votes: 104 5.2%
  • Historic, Iconic

Votes: 633 31.7%
  • Touring

Votes: 371 18.6%
  • Skylines, NSXs, GTOs, 3000 GTs

Votes: 150 7.5%
  • Miatas, MX5s, RX7s etc.

Votes: 88 4.4%
  • Mitsubitshi Evolutions

Votes: 84 4.2%
  • Tuners

Votes: 395 19.8%
  • Cup Cars

Votes: 262 13.1%
  • Small Cars (Fiat 500s, Daihatsu Midgets etc.)

Votes: 102 5.1%
  • Not really bothered

Votes: 185 9.3%

• Total voters
Now we're back to the "Not everyone has played since the beginning" part. Peolpe are still buying GT5 today and don't have these cars. So they may be repeats to all of us. Also NASCARs and Ferraris aren't in any way possible to be in the OCD. ;)

Cyborg65
you are upset, GOOD! Now you know how I feel when you say that I am selfish for wanting a variety of cars in the OCD. I am not a collector and I am not looking for any specific cars. I would just like to have a nice mix every week so there will be something I want to buy. Its very disappointing to look forward to a new OCD just to find a bunch of crap cars ( my opinion ) that I dont want several weeks in a row. If theres a nascar seasonal then I could see a few extra stockcars in there, if they have a ferrari event and they want to put in a few extra in the OCD thats fine. I just want to see a good mix of everything in there so theres something for everyone every week not just the collectors.

You should realise with the various tastes people have you can not cater to each one. So they didn't have the car you want big deal get over it and keep playing gt5 and enjoy the driving instead of crying and moaning about the ocd

Now I'm quite upset.

1. I thought you were one of those people always demanding certain cars in the OCD, so I claim that you are seflish.

2. I do not collect cars. I HATE car collectors. They piss me off, so I do not collect cars.

3. I do not fill out my garage, I keep my garage to a minimum. Currently trying fit under 20, under 10 if I manage it, I think I have somewhere in the 30s. I haven't actually played in awhile so I wouldn't know.

4. I NEVER demand certain cars or types of cars to be in the OCD, I couldn't care any less about what's in the OCD. It's up to PD and they have the final say on what goes in there.
I collect cars, currently at 920 cars. There are a few standard cars I still don't have so it would be nice if PD stopped having FGT, the Veyron and the DTM cars in the UCD.

You piss me off.

EliteDreamer, is there a good reason as to why you hate car collectors? As one myself, I fail to see how we choose to play GT5 would lead you to say something like that.

EliteDreamer, is there a good reason as to why you hate car collectors? As one myself, I fail to see how we choose to play GT5 would lead you to say something like that.

Rather then explaining it, this may be of help to your question. I have poured out a lot of reasons why I hate car collecting into this thread. Though I'll have to admit the argument didn't make much sense..

Last edited:
Rather then explaining it, this may be of help to your question. I have poured out a lot of reasons why I hate car collecting into this thread. Though I'll have to admit the argument didn't make much sense..

Car collecting never really appealed to me. Yes I would like to have some of the rare cars but the whole concept of 0/0/0 and have a car in every stock color seems a waste of time to me...

You should realise with the various tastes people have you can not cater to each one. So they didn't have the car you want big deal get over it and keep playing gt5 and enjoy the driving instead of crying and moaning about the ocd

try reading the whole post-IM NOT LOOKING FOR ANY SPECIFIC CAR JUST A VARIETY IN THE OCD. And no you cant cater to everyone but a variety of cars rather than a specific type is a whole lot closer to pleasing everyone that putting an all rally car OCD (rally as an example).

So... the current OCD doesn't have variety? Classics, hatchbacks, classic super cars, a touring car, and the usual Veyron and FGT isn't in any sort of way a variety a cars?

You still are showing you want certain cars in there due to your displeasing comments on the current OCD. Unless I'm mistaken how you've commented on it.

Now we're back to the "Not everyone has played since the beginning" part. Peolpe are still buying GT5 today and don't have these cars. So they may be repeats to all of us. Also NASCARs and Ferraris aren't in any way possible to be in the OCD. ;)

How old are you? You keep bringing up "not everyone has played since the beginning" but that is making my point for me. A better variety of cars every week will allow the new players to get a little taste of every type of car and allow them to participate in more events by giving them the opportunity to buy a wider range of cars. Why should they have to wait weeks and weeks for supercars to become available when if there were a few every week in the OCD then they wouldnt have to wait.
I didnt think I had to explain this but I guess I do-when I said stockcars and ferrari seasonals and in the OCD it was an EXAMPLE just like in the above paragragh when I mentioned supercars-ITS AN EXAMPLE!

I'm 15 years old.

How is the current one not a variety of cars? (As I had said on the post above yours)

How old are you? You keep bringing up "not everyone has played since the beginning" but that is making my point for me. A better variety of cars every week will allow the new players to get a little taste of every type of car and allow them to participate in more events by giving them the opportunity to buy a wider range of cars. Why should they have to wait weeks and weeks for supercars to become available when if there were a few every week in the OCD then they wouldnt have to wait.
I didnt think I had to explain this but I guess I do-when I said stockcars and ferrari seasonals and in the OCD it was an EXAMPLE just like in the above paragragh when I mentioned supercars-ITS AN EXAMPLE!

I see what you are saying and I agree... Every OCD update has had a "theme"... Yes there is SOME variety but most cars fit the theme... Last OCD was Rally cars, previously old Japanese cars, this one small imports... I agree that they should mix them up a bit more an not have these themes.

EliteDreamer
2. I do not collect cars. I HATE car collectors. They piss me off, so I do not collect cars.
I am and am not a collector... I collect cars that I like (Supras) and I like having no mileage versions that havent been used in their original color... I dont want every car in the game 0/0/0 nor will I. BUT if someone else wants to play the game that way, what should it matter to you????

All in all I own GT because I like the game, it gives me something to do to remove me from day to day life. There are literally hundreds of ways to play this game. Play it for the cars, play it to beat the A-Spec races, play it for all golds, play it how you want to! I often switch what I am playing it for day to day. Thats what keeps me playing it.

And for that post you linked to earlier EliteDreamer, there is NO VALUE in ANY of the cars in this game. Just because you have the car doesnt make you special. That entire thread was a joke. Get the trophies in the game! Thats what makes you special and show that you took the time to play the game and got good... not the car you enter an online lobby with.

I am and am not a collector... I collect cars that I like (Supras) and I like having no mileage versions that havent been used in their original color... I dont want every car in the game 0/0/0 nor will I. BUT if someone else wants to play the game that way, what should it matter to you????

You may play how you wish, it'll still upset me. I am in no control of how you play. It's just my opinion and I may express it however I like.

All in all I own GT because I like the game, it gives me something to do to remove me from day to day life. There are literally hundreds of ways to play this game. And for that post you linked to earlier EliteDreamer, there is NO VALUE in ANY of the cars in this game. Just because you have the car doesnt make you special. That entire thread was a joke. Get the trophies in the game! Thats what makes you special and show that you took the time to play the game and got good... not the car you enter an online lobby with.

I had said that argument didn't make much sense. You don't have to tell me what they told me multiple times, again.

I got AGAIN that ugly grey/green Veyron... :grumpy:

I think I'm going to get a LVL 21 ticket... I'm tired of waiting for a nice colored Veyron on the OCD...

Cyborg65
try reading the whole post-IM NOT LOOKING FOR ANY SPECIFIC CAR JUST A VARIETY IN THE OCD. And no you cant cater to everyone but a variety of cars rather than a specific type is a whole lot closer to pleasing everyone that putting an all rally car OCD (rally as an example).

How is the current ocd not variety? There are a few different types there at the moment

How is the current ocd not variety? There are a few different types there at the moment

Of the past 4 OCD's we have had heres the list of variety.
9/22 OCD= 5 classic, 1 truck, 9 muscle, 2 supercars, 1 proto/concept, 6 race cars, 1 rally, 1 F1 this one wasnt bad.

10/9 OCS= 1 truck, 1 F1 , 3 protoype/concept, 15 race

11/17 OCD= 1 truck, 1 race, 1 F1, 27 rally

12/1 OCD= 9 tuner, 7 classic/historic, 1 prototype/concept, 1 race, 1 F1 car,
2 supercars, 1 truck

Do you see how every new OCD has a trend of packing it full of one or 2 types of cars? EliteDreamer keeps talking about the new people that have havent had a chance to get many cars, well we have only had 4 OCD updates in the past 13-14 weeks. Dont you think having 5 of each type of car is better than filling it with one or 2 types for every new update? And as I said before, if they were matching up the OCD with the new seasonal then I could understand why they would put so many of one type in there but thats not what they are doing.

Last edited:
Cyborg65
Of the past 4 OCD's we have had heres the list of variety.
9/22 OCD= 5 classic, 1 truck, 9 muscle, 2 supercars, 1 proto/concept, 6 race cars, 1 rally, 1 F1 this one wasnt bad.

10/9 OCS= 1 truck, 1 F1 , 3 protoype/concept, 15 race

11/17 OCD= 1 truck, 1 race, 1 F1, 27 rally

12/1 OCD= 9 tuner, 7 classic/historic, 1 prototype/concept, 1 race, 1 F1 car,
2 supercars, 1 truck

Do you see how every new OCD has a trend of packing it full of one or 2 types of cars? EliteDreamer keeps talking about the new people that have havent had a chance to get many cars, well we have only had 4 OCD updates in the past 13-14 weeks. Dont you think having 5 of each type of car is better than filling it with one or 2 types for every new update? And as I said before, if they were matching up the OCD with the new seasonal then I could understand why they would put so many of one type in there but thats not what they are doing.

Looking at it that way I see your point

I wont mind much if PD throws away this system (OCD & UCD) and just sale all cars all new all the time.
I hope i didn't 'throw a burning match in a fuel depot' here, it's just my (but probably not solely mine) point of view. On the other hand i can see this system has it's appeal -certainly for collectors/traders- and it's a way to create somekind of exclusivety for some cars over others (or what ever) It's not something i would have done, but i would first and foremost get rid off the starting procedure of GT5 (i miss the standing starts of older GT's) then some other things -like the menu- after that i'd change the OCD & UCD of GT5. But i don't work for PD , wich is probably a good thing LOL.
Happy Sinter Claus fest everybody, greetings stano666 :)

stano666
I wont mind much if PD throws away this system (OCD & UCD) and just sale all cars all new all the time.
I hope i didn't 'throw a burning match in a fuel depot' here, it's just my (but probably not solely mine) point of view. On the other hand i can see this system has it's appeal -certainly for collectors/traders- and it's a way to create somekind of exclusivety for some cars over others (or what ever) It's not something i would have done, but i would first and foremost get rid off the starting procedure of GT5 (i miss the standing starts of older GT's) then some other things -like the menu- after that i'd change the OCD & UCD of GT5. But i don't work for PD , wich is probably a good thing LOL.

I think it would make the cars concept a bit boring I for one like seeing what will be next

That new car system would miss the point of Gran Turismo 5.

The latest update is a disgrace but here it is..

Chrysler Prowler
Calloway C12
Cadillac Cien
Ford Mustang Cobra R
Plymouth 'Cuda
Pontiac Tempest GTO '64
Dodge Charger Superbee
Ford SVT F150 Lightning
Shelby Mustang GT350
Shelby Series One
Hyundai HCD6
Oullim Motors Spirra
Ford Focus WRC
Mitsubishi Evo VI WRC
Peugeot 206 WRC
Toyota Corolla WRC
Dodge Viper GTSR Concept '00
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 race car '63
BMW M3 GTR race car '01
Panoz Esperante race car
Ford Falcon XR8 race car
Chevrolet Corvette C5-R race car
Ford GT40 race car '69
Polphony Digital Formula Gran Turismo

Last edited:
Here are the OCD prices, including a stunner: 20 million cr.

Ford SVT F-150 Lightning '03 - 35,050
Chrysler Prowler '02 - 47,430
Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO '64 - 52,600
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00 - 57,300
Plymouth Cuda 440 Six-Pack '71 - 58,360
Hyundai HCD6 Concept '01 - 65,000
Dodge Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71 - 80,000
Oullim Motors Spirra 4.6 V8 '04 - 80,000
Shelby GT350R '65 - 106,110
Callaway C12 '03 - 175,880
Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 - 184,630
Ford Focus Rally Car '99 - 250,000
Toyota Corolla Rally Car '98 - 300,000
Peugeot 206 Rally Car '99 - 300,000
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Rally Car '99 - 300,000
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car '63 - 750,000
Dodge Viper GTS R Concept '00 - 1,000,000
BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01 - 1,000,000
Ford 2000 Ford Falcon XR8 - 1,250,000
Cadillac Cien Concept '02 - 1,500,000
Chevrolet Corvette C5-R (C5) '00 - 2,000,000
Panoz Esperante GTR-1 Race Car '98 - 3,000,000
Gran Turismo Formula Gran Turismo - 5,000,000
Ford GT40 Race Car '69 - 20,000,000

Wow, that was early... I was going to get on later. I guess not. :lol:

What is with that 20 Million in there? :odd: I might have to buy it...

Wow, that was early... I was going to get on later. I guess not. :lol:

What is with that 20 Million in there? :odd: I might have to buy it...

You should have already won this car if you did the B-Spec Indy 500 (or have 2 of them, if you randomly won it in a 1000 ticket like I did).

Blitz24
Here are the OCD prices, including a stunner: 20 million cr.

Ford SVT F-150 Lightning '03 - 35,050
Chrysler Prowler '02 - 47,430
Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO '64 - 52,600
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00 - 57,300
Plymouth Cuda 440 Six-Pack '71 - 58,360
Hyundai HCD6 Concept '01 - 65,000
Dodge Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71 - 80,000
Oullim Motors Spirra 4.6 V8 '04 - 80,000
Shelby GT350R '65 - 106,110
Callaway C12 '03 - 175,880
Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 - 184,630
Ford Focus Rally Car '99 - 250,000
Toyota Corolla Rally Car '98 - 300,000
Peugeot 206 Rally Car '99 - 300,000
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Rally Car '99 - 300,000
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car '63 - 750,000
Dodge Viper GTS R Concept '00 - 1,000,000
BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01 - 1,000,000
Ford 2000 Ford Falcon XR8 - 1,250,000
Cadillac Cien Concept '02 - 1,500,000
Chevrolet Corvette C5-R (C5) '00 - 2,000,000
Panoz Esperante GTR-1 Race Car '98 - 3,000,000
Gran Turismo Formula Gran Turismo - 5,000,000
Ford GT40 Race Car '69 - 20,000,000

I've got to admit, that was early. I'll be updating the OP with the new OCD shortly. Thanks for the list. ;)

Finally, some stuff worth spending the dosh on!

Don't see anything here I don't already have, but see a few I'd like to have another of. :)

I've got to admit, that was early. I'll be updating the OP with the new OCD shortly. Thanks for the list. ;)

I was on when it updated and I wanted to do something productive tonight. Now watch, PD will go and change it to spite me.:dopey:

Back