Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will not race in a series with ghost cars, I have in the past and yes your right it's good for what its for.

My philosophy is that we are mature and should be able to handle a race with penalies off.

Penalties often penalize the wrong party with contact penalties, not to mention ghosting through a car on a bump draft at daytona will kill our races too.

Or another example is when you loose control and are off course and then it penalizes you for cutting, thats a kick in the balls when you are already down.

I race in another series that uses penalties on during qualifying. This I DO LIKE.

Also imagine going two wide at Monza Chicane and one guy gets penalized for legit racing? That will become quite annoying.

Here's a GOOD IDEA, put grip to real and you will see way less grey areas between cutting. And if you do cut, the grass WILL have the last word with you.

I agree with Bassist. All penalties do is create unrealistic ghosting and that would be an awful pain in the arse to deal with. I also agree with putting the grip to real, as that is what I practice with anyway and is a good way to keep people glued to the track. If someone is blatantly cutting corners lap after lap then they deserve a penalty, otherwise if its incidental or doesn't happen lap after lap then your better off just leaving it be so to speak.

And good question, How do you review Funky Ducks? All I see in his POV is a **** load of lag!! Like he would be at 50mph and then all of a sudden at 120mph in the S sections all whilst he is wrecking people(unintentionally due to lag). IMO maybe you should take care of that first or assess that issue.

I don't know what causes my lag. The only thing I can think of is that my connection is goes dodgy when in a room full of (mostly) americans.
Hopefully Furi can back me up from my short venture into TOCA, which is mainly european drivers. Also I race frequently with Niop and I rarely have problems.

If anyone can suggest ways to improve my connection please tell me.

I don't doubt your skills Funky Ducks. We just need to fix your connection. Sorry but I see you in race and I avoid you at all costs. And it gets real annoying because you will be way left and I will pass you and next thing you know is you are spinning me out. And I know this isn't on purspose. It's just frustrating when you think you've steared clear of Funky Ducks and then the game squeezes you and him together 2 seconds later

I don't doubt your skills Funky Ducks.
:D

We just need to fix your connection. Sorry but I see you in race and I avoid you at all costs. And it gets real annoying because you will be way left and I will pass you and next thing you know is you are spinning me out. And I know this isn't on purspose. It's just frustrating when you think you've steared clear of Funky Ducks and then the game squeezes you and him together 2 seconds later
I really noticed the way every one avoided me at the Christmas Daytona like I had the plague. Made for an uneventful race with no drafting buddy for almost the whole 200 laps.
I do hope you guys know that my lag bumps arent intentional and that if I could fix it I would.

Chqr: You didn't say anything about bribes to wreck a non chase contender who is in front of some chase contenders. :sly:

Haha, well that's something you Ford guys can organise amongst yourselves. Slightly worring Joe, you came up with that one but I'm sure that could be the hot topic in your next chase boarding meeting.

That Oval looks crazily awesome and a lot like old Brooklands with the high bank, fast speed turns and low fence. That would be an awesome addition to the calendar. So desperately want Daytona in Night under the lights and Daytona Resurfaced.

It's a nice track M-Stall. 2 things though- I'd suggest widening it a little, maybe only by 1. I don't think that you'd be able to pass someone who is driving in the middle of the road with it at it's current width. Secondly, the pits are in a really bad place. The pit entry is on the racing line, forcing you to go flat out into them if someone is behind you. If you go flat out into the pits you receive a penalty though, because you're going too fast.

Yeah i made it a little narrow to tighten things up a bit, I'll have a group of us race it one nite and evaluate from there. As for the pits, we may have to signal down the backstretch or something

Yeah i made it a little narrow to tighten things up a bit, I'll have a group of us race it one nite and evaluate from there. As for the pits, we may have to signal down the backstretch or something

My mic usually can't be heard when there's 11+ people in a room, so I'd need to find some way to signal and make sure everyone knows what this signal is.

^Edit: Just hit the 'O' button, it's a secret turn signal on Nascars...a GT5 'Easter Egg'. :D

Last edited:
Ok I have my nominees for the sprints:

Race comeback of the year:
RFLX @ monza, enough said unless someone has a better comeback in the chase

Race battle of the season:
There's been a lot of good endings to most of our races. But I particulary enjoyed my battle for third at suzuka against Furinkazen. There were a few laps before our pit stop where we battled and then we meet up near the end of the race once more for a few before I lost momentum.

Most improved driver of the season:
There's a few drivers I feel need a shout out here. Dowhat for making the chase, Furi for improving on road courses, and I myself for improving in most categories.

Rookie of the season:
Dowhat or mudd both for stepping it up n making the chase, and a thumbs up to mudd for managing stewart-Ganassi.

Unluckiest driver of the season:
Mudd for all his unavoidable misfortunes that still keep racking up every week. And joe obviously being one of the best drivers and the most disconnects.

Rivalry of the season:
Can't think of any specific names here but overall I think the toyota's have it in for hendricks.

My picks for the Fan Challenge:
1. CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83
2. Mudd
3. Knelly
4. Homeslice
5. Dowhat13

Just made 3 large flat out tracks at Eifel, all in a roughly circular shape. Not sure which I like best yet. I'll try them properly online tomorrow and see, and then I'll put my favourite up for download.

Joe, were you able to get them to go counterclockwise? At any rate, the more oval-type tracks we can squeeze into the schedule, the better as far as I'm concerned.

So this season we have 12 tracks and next season we plan on 15 tracks. If you kept everything the same bc it works, you are only looking at 3 more tracks. Now assume daytona road and indu road don't make a return. I think we can use 3 short tracks to add to the series. Now that would be great, we would have road courses, super speedways n short tracks. I like the idea of autumn ring mini, madrid mini and a non short track maybe a created one like a few of us have been throwing out for share. I would like to see this created track to be 1.5mi, I know this may not be achieved but if possible this would create a well balanced series.

LeMans is likely to leave the schedule next season. The track is so big that it becomes more of a time trial than a race once the field gets spread out.

Monza, HSR, and Suzuka East are probably safe for now.

The new oval track will likely get 2-3 dates, with Daytona and Indy dropping at least one date each.

Rflx, I like your long highway-like oval, though the bump out of the last corner would make me very nervous in traffic. I think we should try it out to see if it's a factor in race conditions or not.

Mstall, I really like your triangle track, and think it definitely deserves an exhibition trial run. It was fun to watch the AI keep hitting the pit wall coming out of the last corner.

One thing I definitely would like input about going forward is race length. I like longer events, with races averaging around an hour or so. We obviously have some shorter races and a couple of 500 mile endurances. But for the most part, are you guys pretty satisfied with the one hour race lengths? I like having races where different pit strategies can win or lose the race.

The race lengths seem pretty much perfect to me right now.

All I would ask for, is they start an hour later, but that's your call.

I like the current lengths of the ovals, but i would like to see the road course races get longer. An our later would bet better for me also.

I never said that would be the final finishing order. I said I think that if all things break right for those five drivers, they are the five to beat. However, I wouldn't bet on Joe's connection. If I was betting on what I think will happen, this is how I would bet:

1. RFLX_Niop
2. M-Stall41
3. ACDCROCKS123
4. Homeslice47
5. Droptop2001gt

And with Joe's connection seemingly squared away, I shall make my final revision to my entry.

1. JoeOfTheFire
2. RFLX_Niop
3. M-Stall41
4. Homeslice47
5. Droptop2001gt

I like a lot of varied lengths. For instance I like the long endurance races at Daytona which are 100 to 200 laps, then I like the sprint race there too of 40-60 laps. Indy Included(or any superspeedway type ovals). Same goes for road courses and short tracks(if we add any).

My new final standings predictions

1. ACDCROCKS123
2. JoeOfTheFire
3. RFLX_Niop
4. M-Stall41
5. Homeslice47

This new oval track will likely be very smooth, unlike Daytona which is like driving over a ball pit. This means it should be easier to race in a pack and it should be better on tires. Also, I definitely vote for one of the Route X races to be held at night! :)

This new oval track will likely be very smooth, unlike Daytona which is like driving over a ball pit. This means it should be easier to race in a pack and it should be better on tires. Also, I definitely vote for one of the Route X races to be held at night! :)

Special Stage Route X is apparently 30km long in total, with the straights being 12km long. This works out as two 12km straights separated by two 3km banked turns.

Google tells me that 30km is 18.6411358 miles, each 12km straight is 7.45645431 miles, and each 3km banked turn is 1.86411358 miles. So basically an 18 1/2 mile track with 7 1/2 mile straights and banked turns of 2 miles.

We'll be able to find the top speed for bumpdrafting at our 502-503BHP limit (2 car tango only, would be harder to work out 3+ cars).

All that's left to find out is whether it can be run anticlockwise or not, as the cars in the trailers seem to all be going clockwise, and whether it has a pitlane (haven't seen one yet).

EDIT: I mis-read about straights in the plural, the translation actually said: "the straight section is 12km long".

Last edited:
Wow! Does it have pits?

Don't know yet. Hopefully we'll find out soon if they release a DLC trailer, which some people are expecting.

EDIT: Worked out that a lap with a constant 2 car tango would take just over 5 1/2 minutes. (5 minutes and 50 seconds at Daytona speeds, but I'm adjusting due to the speed you lose in the turns at Daytona)

Last edited:
Dowhat and I had some hardcore short track practicing last night. We ran with real grip, heavy penalties, heavy damage, weak draft, and false start for 50 laps at Autumn Ring, Autumn Ring Reverse, Madrid Mini and Cape Ring Inside. Cape Ring and Autumn Ring Reverse are not too fun. Consistancy really pays off overall on all these tracks.

And even the penalty system on heavy still has lots of flaws. I got a collision penalty for hitting a pit wall and dowhat did ever available short cut at cape ring and he did not receive any penalties.

And ghost cars lead to us driving through each other because it feels pointless to do a real pass by them, its like you see a ghost car and you know that you don't need to alter speed to overtake. A few times we did though of course pass properly but again its to weird with ghost cars and like I said the penalties are not even too great.

My 3 circular Eifel tracks aren't any good, so instead I decided to upload one of my old tracks- the Eifel triangle.

18FanChallenge.png

Knelly's Fantasy Challenge. Free Car under 1 Million Credits for the correct top five in the correct finishing order of S2.

Chqr:
1. Homeslice
2. Knelly
3. NIOP
4. MustangRyan
5. ACDCROCKS123

Knelly:
1st MStall
2nd Homeslice
3rd Niop
4th Knelly
5th Mudd

TomMCD:
1. MStall
2. Niop
3. Drop
4. Knelly
5. Joe

NIOP:
1. Drop
2. Niop
3. MStall
4. Homeslice
5. Knelly

Joe:
1. Joe
2. Niop
3. Homeslice
4. MStall
5. Knelly

Basist:
1. CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83
2. Mudd
3. Knelly
4. Homeslice
5. Dowhat13

Drop
1. JoeOfTheFire
2. RFLX_Niop
3. M-Stall41
4. Homeslice47
5. Droptop2001gt

Those were the ones I could find, forgive me if I've missed you out but I'm sure Knelly has all of them.

Homeslice, Knelly and Niop are predicted to finish in the top five in all predictions but one. Joe and MStall both have two predictions for champion of S2. Basist predicts no Hendrick cars whereas Chqr predicts all Hendrick cars to finish in the top five. No one predicts Niop to retain his crown.

That's right Chqr and I also believe ACDC won't be in top five either because I'm almost positive he won't be able to make the 2 right turns at High Speed Ring :lol:

EDIT: Here's the friendlier version for those who don't get my sense of humor: out of 22 races held in this series from season one till now he has never raced once at a road course.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back