Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to joe for the win. 2nd win for ford this season!

Lap 1 was a disaster for me. 1st to last in about 3 turns, o well.

Not counting the pre-season or the christmas race, that makes it 3 wins for Hendrick (3 different drivers), 2 wins for Gibbs (1 driver), 2 wins for Ford (1 driver), 0 wins for Red Bull, and 0 wins for Stewart-Ganassi.

Back to tonight's race, I think I led every single lap, except maybe for the first lap. I don't know if me or Furi led that lap. I think I might have, but I was more focused on trying to pass than seeing who led the lap. My lag at the start may make it look different for others. (Furi commented on my lag at the start of the second lap, so I know it hadn't fixed itself yet.)

Last edited:
I lost my damn PSN password and missed the race. And it sucks considering I hit a 49.4 earlier today...oh well, the Chase will be awesome :)

Not counting the pre-season or the christmas race, that makes it 3 wins for Hendrick (3 different drivers), 2 wins for Gibbs (1 driver), 2 wins for Ford (1 driver), 0 wins for Red Bull, and 0 wins for Stewart-Ganassi.

Back to tonight's race, I think I led every single lap, except maybe for the first lap. I don't know if me or Furi led that lap. I think I might have, but I was more focused on trying to pass than seeing who led the lap. My lag at the start may make it look different for others. (Furi commented on my lag at the start of the second lap, so I know it hadn't fixed itself yet.)

And you still were lagging, though not as bad, when I put you off on old tyres...

And you still were lagging, though not as bad, when I put you off on old tyres...

Don't really know why I was lagging, I was fine for 90's DTM practice a couple of days before the race.

Normally I can't be heard at all when we have about 11+ people in the room, but I could last night for some reason. Maybe it's to do with that- a choice between no lag and not being heard, or being laggy but able to be heard.

Until the online lag issues are fixed with a patch, I'm going to suggest that we postpone our five Chase races. We can run some Saturday afternoon exhibitions to keep everyone sharp, but I don't think we can declare a true champion in the current online racing conditions. Thoughts?

Assuming there is no patch out that fixes the online lag by this Saturday, this weekend's non-points exhibition race will be 150 laps of Autumn Ring Mini Reverse. This should be like Martinsville, but crazier.

Assuming there is no patch out that fixes the online lag by this Saturday, this weekend's non-points exhibition race will be 150 laps of Autumn Ring Mini Reverse. This should be like Martinsville, but crazier.

The next update is meant to come out at the end of the month, and we've not heard anything about this getting fixed or being acknowledged yet, so I guess we have to hope they fix it in this next update.

Autumn Ring Mini Reverse? Oh god. I hate Autumn Ring Mini normally, reverse will be even more infuriating. Anyone for bump-drafting and running 3 wide? :sly:

I figure this is a great chance to try weird ideas that might could work, but need a consequence-free test run before being dropped into our schedule.

Madrid Mini wil probably follow, and Cape Ring Inside after that, if needed.

I think Madrid Mini would probably be better than Autumn Ring Mini reverse. If SSR7 had some pits I'd say to use that, but it doesn't.

EDIT: Tried Autumn Ring Mini Reverse for a bit and then realised I hadn't set the BHP, and I was testing at 892 BHP.

Last edited:
DrifterJoe
I think Madrid Mini would probably be better than Autumn Ring Mini reverse. If SSR7 had some pits I'd say to use that, but it doesn't.

EDIT: Tried Autumn Ring Mini Reverse for a bit and then realised I hadn't set the BHP, and I was testing at 892 BHP.

Autumn Ring Mini Reverse does drive counter-clockwise, right?

Which version of Madrid Mini and Cape Ring Inside run counter-clockwise? It is forward, right?

Autumn Ring Mini Reverse does drive counter-clockwise, right?

Which version of Madrid Mini and Cape Ring Inside run counter-clockwise? It is forward, right?

Yep, Autumn Ring Mini Reverse is, and so are Cape Ring Inside and Madrid Mini.

Autumn Ring Mini Reverse requires you to actually slow down to pit. With no other cars in the pits, you can't enter quicker than 69mph without getting reset to the pit entrance with a time penalty (get held in pit box for 10 seconds after your stop has finished). With other cars in the pits when you enter, I imagine the limit will be lower like it is at other tracks.

Until the online lag issues are fixed with a patch, I'm going to suggest that we postpone our five Chase races. We can run some Saturday afternoon exhibitions to keep everyone sharp, but I don't think we can declare a true champion in the current online racing conditions. Thoughts?

Yeah, no point jeopardising the outcome of the championship because of some bug that PD themselves created so good decision. Hopefully I can race the last five races depending on the schedule as an out of chase contender.

Completely agree. It is turning into a joke out there. Every series I am in seems to be postponed right now.

So we have we add 3 more races guys?

How am I doing guys? Am I getting better?

Last edited:
So we have we add 3 more races guys?

How am I doing guys? Am I getting better?

Jakob, we are postponing points races until the next patch in hopes it gives us a stable environment to race in again. All of us in the last two weeks have suffered from horrible PSN/GT5 servers which create lag, grip loss n slow lap times. Too unstable to take serious. I am down to hold of on the chase to try potential series 3 tracks until the fix. And to answer your question jakob, I watched the replay and you did good, u were clean n fast. Good job! In practice u were scary but stuck it in race!

Suzuka had alot more passing than i expected with lap traffic and different pit strageties, i am expecting autumn ring mini to be the same. I like the change up to a small track.

I think there are 4 corners that are passing opportunities: the first corner, the corner after what I'll be calling the back straight, the second to last corner, and the last corner.

Surprisingly I didn't need to test much at Autumn Ring at all. I got everything I wanted after 20 minutes of testing today.

Jakob, we are postponing points races until the next patch in hopes it gives us a stable environment to race in again. All of us in the last two weeks have suffered from horrible PSN/GT5 servers which create lag, grip loss n slow lap times. Too unstable to take serious. I am down to hold of on the chase to try potential series 3 tracks until the fix. And to answer your question jakob, I watched the replay and you did good, u were clean n fast. Good job! In practice u were scary but stuck it in race!

Thanks.

About Rome and Clubman Stage Route 5

Rome
Length: 2.16mi Longest Straight: 0.40mi Elevation Change: 58.8ft Corners: 7

Clubman Stage Route 5 / Night
Length: 1.53mi Longest Straight: 0.43mi Elevation Change: 48.2ft Corners: 9
Clubman will be great for night track for NASCAR!

Since we're discussing tracks again, I'll repost my track list from earlier in the thread (yes I know it includes the tracks we currently run):

(Bold is for tracks I'd prefer over non-bolded ones)

World tracks:
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps(everyone would need the DLC though)
  • Indianapolis Motor Speedway
  • Daytona International Speedway
  • Indianapolis Road Course
  • Autodromo Nazionale Monza (no chicane)
  • Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
  • Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (no chicanes)
  • Fuji Speedway GT (this is the layout without the horrible slow chicane)
  • Suzuka Circuit
  • Suzuka Circuit East Course
City tracks:
  • Rome Circuit
  • Circuito de Madrid Mini
Original tracks:
  • High Speed Ring
  • Cape Ring Inside
  • Grand Valley East

We're never going to run a race that doesn't involve tire wear/pit strategy.

I'd love to see the series revert back to the 12 Race Week Calendar for S3 (7 Week Regular Season + 5 Week Chase). The series has got so many loyal and competitive drivers, its gonna be a sad intermission when the series ends. Also, I like Joe's list of tracks too so a larger calendar might incorporate more tracks.

I'd love to see the series revert back to the 12 Race Week Calendar for S3 (7 Week Regular Season + 5 Week Chase). The series has got so many loyal and competitive drivers, its gonna be a sad intermission when the series ends. Also, I like Joe's list of tracks too so a larger calendar might incorporate more tracks.

Season 1 was 15 races long not 12. That's this current season.

Presuming we keep the same amount of oval races in season 3 as the current season, we'll have 8 oval races and 7 road course races.

How my list looks with all our tracks for next season removed from it:

+Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (everyone would need the DLC though)
+Fuji Speedway GT (this is the layout without the horrible slow chicane)
+Suzuka Circuit
+Rome Circuit
+Grand Valley East
+Indianapolis Road Course
+Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
+Clubman Stage Route 5 (forgot to add this to my original list)

-Autumn Ring Mini Reverse (probably my least favourite track in the game, either direction)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back