Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished an exhausting session at 'zuka E and made very pleasing improvements. I don't know how we are gonna be able to pass anyone around this track, but at least there are absolutely no boring laps here. I actually broke a sweat during practice. Myself and Dowhat kept running for a couple hours after you guys, Joe and Mstall. I managed to run consecutive laps within half a second of that last 'alien' lap that Mstall ran, very happy with that. Tires are REALLY gonna be a factor here, don't believe there's any way I can make less then two stops, but I'm certain a few are gonna try. Looking foward to this one.

Just finished an exhausting session at 'zuka E and made very pleasing improvements. I don't know how we are gonna be able to pass anyone around this track, but at least there are absolutely no boring laps here. I actually broke a sweat during practice. Myself and Dowhat kept running for a couple hours after you guys, Joe and Mstall. I managed to run consecutive laps within half a second of that last 'alien' lap that Mstall ran, very happy with that. Tires are REALLY gonna be a factor here, don't believe there's any way I can make less then two stops, but I'm certain a few are gonna try. Looking foward to this one.

Yeah, that might still have been in my room after I left for bed.

I'm putting out constant .51s and for me, I'm happy with that. It's not pole pace, but need one little tweak and I am race fit. It's all about staying on and not losing concentration for a second around Zuk E.

Fair to say as well, Stall has got used to the wheel around Tona and Indy after some practice runs with Joe and I. That can only be good for Gibbs.

What's not good for Gibbs, and others, is that Joe's connection issues have been resolved. May need to change my predictions (remember all need to be in before Chase starts).

Also remember The Sprints categories, as will need some further nominations. Have done some work, but will need some more.

Yeah, that might still have been in my room after I left for bed.

I'm putting out constant .51s and for me, I'm happy with that. It's not pole pace, but need one little tweak and I am race fit. It's all about staying on and not losing concentration for a second around Zuk E.

Fair to say as well, Stall has got used to the wheel around Tona and Indy after some practice runs with Joe and I. That can only be good for Gibbs.

What's not good for Gibbs, and others, is that Joe's connection issues have been resolved. May need to change my predictions (remember all need to be in before Chase starts).

Also remember The Sprints categories, as will need some further nominations. Have done some work, but will need some more.

We stayed in your room to start with, but dowhat wasn't on your friend's list and couldn't get in, so we went to M-Stall's lounge. Then we somehow got black screens and M-Stall left. We tried again with just 3 of us and got black screens again, and I went to bed shortly after. Dunno where they went afterwards.

I'm fairly sure that pole will be a mid 49 second lap, as it's what I was getting with my old ride height settings round here. The fastest I've seen from the new settings is a 49.7xx, but it's tough to get below a 50 second lap with my new settings, and I kill the tyres doing so.

All I need to guarantee my place in the chase is 6 points (an 11th place finish in the race).

After the black screens we opened a public room and had no trouble at all. Dunno what that was all about. I'm thinking there will be two or three drivers hitting mid/high 49's for the pole. I will not be one of them, but I think I should have 5th or 6th start spot with the improvements I made last night. I actually improved by 2 full seconds through the course of the session, and I think most of it was just adjusting the corner entries on this twisty track.

I was driving 51 second laps in my sleep last night. So if I can do that while I'm sleeping, I think the race will be no problem for me.

Sounds like there's going to be a brilliant mid-field battle between a lot of drivers then. :dopey:

Suzuka East will require those near the back to be a bit more alert then usual for leaders trying to lap them, due to how hard it is to pass.

I'm confident in running some mid 50's consistantly if I can get into "the zone" might make a dip into high 49's for quali if I can get my laps right.Tires could be a problem I have gone for speed rather than tire conservation but I doubt I will get either on the night.

Testing today has confirmed to me that I won't be able to get pole or possibly second either, as Niop and Homeslice are quicker than me. M-Stall was also working on his times last night, and I think he may be quicker than me too, so I could be looking at 4th on the grid.

Last edited:
DrifterJoe
Testing today has confirmed to me that I won't be able to get pole or possibly second either, as Niop and Homeslice are quicker than me. M-Stall was also working on his ties last night, and I think he may be quicker than me too, so I could be looking at 4th on the grid.

The lower the better.

If only 10 people turn up, I think I might let a tear out.

11, not 10. :dopey:

I'd have to finish 12th, and you'd have to get pole and win having led the most laps for you to shove me out of the chase.

I hope I start on the inside of the grid rather than the outside, I'm expecting some incidents in the first corner.

I could make up some tale about meaning to say 10 in my previous post but at this time of night I will just admit that I was wrong.

EDIT: If anyone wants to help me make sure I get maximum points and Joe comes 12th, tell me your price and I am sure we can come to an agreement.

EDIT: If anyone wants to help me make sure I get maximum points and Joe comes 12th, tell me your price and I am sure we can come to an agreement.

Sorry Ducks, but I can't help ya. I need the both of you to keep dukin' it out in my rearview in order to keep my own chase position safe. :D

We are but when it comes to the final place for the chase, team means nothing.
It would be a better battle if say one or two points separated us but I won't go down without a fight.
Mudd I am less of a contender for the title so it would be good to have me in the chase, your odds of success would be better without Joe. :)

Sorry Ducks, but I can't help ya. I need the both of you to keep dukin' it out in my rearview in order to keep my own chase position safe. :D

You only need 5 points (12th place finish) to make it into the chase.

EDIT: Funky, if I finished 12th you'd still need to get pole, the win, and lead the most laps. >__>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back